ACHIEVA HEALTH Employee Reviews

Things I wish I knew before I took the job.
Physiotherapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 September 2017
I wish I was told about management before I took the job. I was able to gain a lot of experience and bring me closer to my dream job. Unfortunately the management level only respects the Physiotherapists. If you are physio assistent you will not be treated well.

You are pushed and criticized by management on a regular basis, and the pay is terrible. No benefits, no chances for advancements or pay raise.

I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
its a job if you really need one
Cons
pay, no benefits, no advancement
OverallAchieva has a good working environment
Physiotherapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2017
The timing is flexible. I have learned how to communicate with people professionally, working under the same roof. the management is quick in replying to my queries and needs, they are more supportive.
Hardest part of the job would be to take the stairs up and down frequently.
Worst employer with no work ethics
PTA (Former Employee) –  Ontaio9 August 2017
It might be shocking to someone that these type of companies do exist. They are basically exploiting the new immigrants; low wages, no benefits and poor support system. If you are able to work under high pressure and low self esteem, then welcome to Achieva health. Thank you so much for spoiling my first-time work experience.
Pros
No benefits, exploitation, delayed payment
Cons
Poor management
Physio assistant leading group and 1:1 exercises
Physiotherapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Haliburton, ON7 May 2017
Physiotherapy assistant leading group and 1:1 exercises. Very rewarding experience working with the elderly. But did not enjoy any dealings with achieve health. Selfish company who only thinks about money and doesn't hire trained staff with proper education.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Poor employee relations
such a worst company I have ever work with
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON6 February 2017
poor management,
no benefit, low salary, same as a general worker they pay to assistants, they don't support you. eben they don't understand their own policy.
Pros
nothing
Cons
I reviewed them in my notes
Fantastic Company
Registered Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2016
Geriatrics has been brought in to my professional career by Achieva Health. Fantastic CEO's who have helped me throughout the process of learning here. This is ONE company a Physiotherapist wouldn't want to miss.
A challenging but enjoyable workplace with supportive management
PTA (Former Employee) –  Peterborough1 August 2015
I really enjoyed working with the Seniors, Physiotherapist and fellow PTA's. Achieva health really did their due diligence in recruiting an effective workforce. You can be sure that you'd be working with supportive team-mates.
Pros
Motivating environment, fair treatment of employees.
Cons
Long hours, large workload
Physiotherapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Unionville, ON5 March 2015
A typical day at work includes treating the residents, such that they live an independent and active life. We try to make ageing a wonderful experience.
worst company ever
pta (Former Employee) –  ontario25 September 2014
the only good thing that came out of working for this company was the residents and friends I met.

I never met anyone from the head office just my first 3 days and after that never heard from them.

they pay very poor and do not care for you as a person.
---
Physiotherapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2014
I learned the Canadian Health care system. it is one of the biggest company in Ontario.
Pros
good working places
Cons
Travel time
likes to railroad employees
Physiotherapy assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto ontario9 October 2013
I was hired via skype 2 months ago as a physiotherapist assistant and that was the only contact i had with anyone from the company up until 2 weeks ago after 20+ emails to them from superiors in the homes i worked in and myself. I was told by the training lady that i was to not be friends with the homes staff and that the treatment i was receiving from home staff was "nothing" and i was to just "ignore being bullied" I found out that they are replacing me by posting my job vacancy via the internet, when i confronted them with the proof of the posted ad for my position i was then ignored. The pay for the work is horrible, they do not provide pay stubs and they fail to tell you that you have to pay your own taxes as they do not take any off, so you are self employed.....if you lack morals and ethics then this company is for you, if you have a back bone and stand up for yourself and those around you then RUN
Pros
meeting fantastic residents
very good company
Physiotherapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2012
I have learned a lot of knowledge and professional skills working along with this company.
Productive and fun workplace
Physiotherapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2012
A typical day at my work starts at 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. With start our work with a small team meeting. We discuss and update all the new tasks. We plan out the schedule for various tasks. We get great learning experience as being a part of a healthcare team. The management is excellent. There is great understanding and helpful, fun loving atmosphere within the staffs. The hardest part of the job is to do proper paper work and patient satisfaction from the treatment which they get. Most enjoyable part is teamwork. We share equally all our work schedule and we work stress free.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
full time hours