ACE INA Insurance Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Excellent work environment for an intern
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 4, 2013
A typical day at work had a list of assignments handed out by my manager to complete. The jobs ranged from formatting documents to sorting out files. I learnt to be able to multi-task my assignments, as there were a long list of jobs that needed completing. Some jobs would take higher priority then others and I would have to sort out which assignments needed to be completed.

These jobs were easy to complete because my manager would set out a list and would provide help whenever I needed it, without showing frustration. As for my co-workers, all were friendly and would provide help if necessary on certain jobs.

The hardest part of the job were the technology problems that would occur. A large portion of my assignments relied on the use of a computer and there seemed to be a lot of technical issues that would arise with my computer, which prolonged that time at which I would be able to finish my job.

The most enjoyable part of my job would be the lack of stress and pressure I would feel from my management. While there were times that I wouldn't be able to finish certain assignments, my manager and co-workers were still happy that I was able to help the team out in some sort of way.
Pros
excellent location in downtown toronto for breaks, friendly staff, excellent salary
Cons
early hours
Wonderful Property Department
Assistant Underwriter, Operations (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 28, 2013
ACE's property department has had, in the time I worked within it and since, a wonderful sense of togetherness and family. To the point with outings at fellow colleagues' homes. The managers in Property have always allowed for teaching of the assistants and participating in mentorship programs. I miss working for that department since having moved on!
Pros
great team and wealth of knowledge
Cons
assistants don't report to property department, rather operations department