Accurate Network Services is looking for a technical analyst (help desk).
We are a fast-paced, fun and growing IT company. We offer a positive work atmosphere with a strong emphasis on personal growth and development. Opportunities abound to extend and further your career within the company through training and hands-on experience.
We are absolutely committed to delivering great service. We want to "Wow!" not only our customers, but our candidates, business partners, vendors and especially each other.
- Minimum 2-3 Years of practical IT / help desk experience in a fast paced service oriented environment.
- Self-Motivated and the ability to manage time effectively without oversight.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to present ideas in user friendly language with a strong focus on customer service.
- Must have technical skills include:
o Basic network fundamentals (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Routing, VPN and other technologies)
o Experience with computer hardware and software troubleshooting:
- Desktops and Laptops.
- Format / Reload of Client Operating Systems (Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Embedded).
- Familiarity with common productivity software (Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office etc).
o Server Operating Systems (Server 2003, 2008, 2012) including Active Directory Management.
- Microsoft Certification (MCP, MCTS, MCSA), A+. Network+ or Security+ Certifications are a strong asset for this position.
- Familiarity and experience with server backup software including Backup Exec is a strong asset.
- Proficiency with various mobile devices (Android, IOS, Blackberry OS).
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability and motivation to learn quickly on the job and expand technical abilities.
- Ability to work Monday – Friday during standard business hours (8:00 am – 4:30 pm) with the possibility of overtime or after-hours / weekend work.
- Ensure work place (company vehicle, tech bench and office space) is kept in a clean, organized and safe condition at all times.
- Be a constant champion of our company’s core values:
o We do what is right regardless of recognition or consequence.
o We never take our team or our clients for granted.
o We exist to better the lives of our team members and those we do business with.
o We are dauntless in the face of adversity.
- Provide front line technical support for inbound phone and email requests from a variety of different clients in the Edmonton region.
- Deliver world class customer service; solving a variety of technical support requests including (but not limited to):
o Active Directory Administration (Password Resets, Security and Permissions).
o Various email administrative tasks.
o Installation and configuration of desktop software.
o Network connectivity.
o Printers and Scanners.
o Microsoft Office troubleshooting.
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform appropriate internal escalations as required.
- Work-bench hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Assist with configuration of new desktop and laptop hardware.
- Document hardware assets within an online asset management database.
- Create professional standardized technical documentation for internal processes as well as for our clients (i.e. instructions for installing software or completing a specific task).
- Monitor daily backup alerts and various server performance metrics as a part of a structured proactive maintenance and monitoring program.
- Document all technical support requests professionally and accurately within a ticket management system.
- Participate in an after-hours on-call rotation as required.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accurate Network Services is a no-nonsense computer service and support company in Edmonton, AB, Canada. We translate business needs into...