Accounting Principals Employee Reviews

Staffing Agency
Accounting/Bookkeeping (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM2 February 2016
A temporary, temp to hire and permanent placement agency/ They have been accommodating, easy to work with and very proactive.
Contractor
Staff Accountant (contractor) (Former Employee) –  PITTSBURGH PA5 February 2015
Once of the best Agencies i have worked with over the last several years.

They work hard to get you your new assignment and give you a small gift around Christmas.

Also, if you ask them, they will actually look at your resume and give you advice on how to improve before submitting it to their clients, not many agencies do that.

Recruiter i work with is awesome!
Pros
health insurance is decent, resume reviews, gift for Christmas
Cons
NONE
Not a great experience.
Collections (Current Employee) –  St Louis, MO20 January 2015
Accounting Principals placed me quickly and left me to rot in a temp position. The rep made a lot of promises during the interview and didn't keep any of them.Any time that I asked about other positions listed, she always had an excuse like "we're not servicing that one" or "it's in St Charles" . She's not a good liar although she does it often enough. It's a good agency as long as you don't have any expectations. To them, you aren't a person, you're a revenue stream. There were 4 or 5 other AP temps in the office and we all pretty much felt the same way.
Accounting Principals Temporary Service is a great company to work for, the staff is very professional and caring. I'm able to utilize my skills
Global Assignment Assistant (Current Employee) –  Independence, OH3 December 2014
My most current position is with SIRVA Relocation Company:

I maintain and prepare data reports for the Global team, other responsibilities are entering new transferees into the database and relevant spreadsheets, general office support including word processing. In spare time volunteer to work on projects and pitched in to assist in other areas of company operations.
Pros
postive experiences, very professional, I'm constantly gaining new skills to add to my resume
Cons
Temporary Positions are not guaranteed positions, 50/50 possibility of temp to permenant
Accounting Principals is a productive agency
Data Entry, Audit assist (Current Employee) –  Portland, OR9 January 2015
Accounting Principals is an accounting agency that provides employees with accounting degrees to other companies that are in need of accountants, data entry clerks, audit assistants, etc.

So far I had worked at Safeway as an audit assistant for two days (the project ended on the second day). And I worked as a data entry clerk at ALTA Planning.
Pros
Friendly environment
Senior accounting agency
Multiple Accounting position (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX18 August 2014
Great reputation with clients and average to above average pay. The assignments mainly in oil.gas industry. Many years in Houston area and large client base. Assignment length vary, but seem to be longer than other agencies. This company was recently purchased by an international agency and changes to culture are very negative. The health care benefits are just about gone.
Pros
Many large Oil/Gas clients and other industry as well
Cons
Temp accountants are becoming less important.
Fun environment to work in, days sometimes were slow with no work but you could find things to do
Associate Customer Service&Sales (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO17 December 2012
It was a position that I could only see being in short term. Typical day was handling incoming calls to place orders for customers. Co workers were great to work with-very helpful with any questions that you may have had. Hardest part of job was having a full 40 hr week schedule without being sent home because of slowness and learning product information in such a short time on your own with no training. I loved the hours I had the best.
Pros
great schedule, great employees, great supervisors
Cons
short term position that only lasted 2 months, not set amount of hours
A nice place to work. People are friendly
Accounting Principals/Payroll Administrator/Durez (Current Employee) –  Novi, MI2 June 2013
Monday's are weekly union payrolls and sometimes Salary. Salary is semi-monthly so it falls on different days of the week. Reports need to be done, sort check, over night checks to other Payroll Admins. Collecting information for the next payroll and entering into payroll system. Helping HR with anything that is needed.

Waiting for information and not getting information until the last minute or after the payroll is done, which means extra work.

Everyone is friendly.

Pros
Free coffee, te, a hot chocolate, once a monthly celebrate birthdays with cake ice cream
Cons
No tomato policy. No vacation pay.
All they care about is their own profit
accounting clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago IL25 June 2012
Worked for them on one assignment for 16 months. When it came time for me to actually qualify for a paid holiday, I was told I did not have 26 "consecutive" weeks because I had taken an UNPAID vacation for one week, therefore did not qualify for a paid holiday. It didn't matter that I had more than 26 weeks consecutive at any time of the year! They will do whatever they can NOT to pay you any benefits. And even tho I went to them looking for permanent work, they didn't help at all...why should they when they were making good money off of me?
Accounting Principals
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VA13 December 2012
Accounting Principals, treat you like family, they are warm the second you walk through the door. They have assisted my family and I into a great start with our new life here in VA. they have been such an impact of great kindness. in every way. Caring to the needs of the employees staffed with them. I am pleased with my assignments and I wont complain. I have stayed busy from the time they have started my work experience with them. Not a bad word to say they are just great SMILE
Contract Work
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA8 November 2012
I was hoping to stay on but the contract expired and the position was not available afterwards. Typically performed all accounting functons with a few other items too.
I learned some more spreadsheet shortcuts and all aspects of the accounting function within a company.
All of my co-workers were easy to rt along with and we would take the time to help each other whenever we were finished with our immediate tasks or if any of us had a problem we would resole it together. Because of that there never really was anything hard to write acout now. In fact, that WAS the most rnjoyable part of the job. Most of us still keep in touch.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
not avle to stay on after contract expired
I loved working in Inventory Control.
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VA19 January 2013
I would help the managers at stores with various requests.
I learned how to do the MAC income JV that I had to run a macro for and give to the Department Manager to sign off on.
Some of the management was extremely helpful and others were very hard to deal with.
The co-workers basically stayed to themselves.
There was nothing very hard about the job once you knew what was expected of you.
I enjoyed talking to the managers across the states.
Pros
i learned new things.
Cons
management was rough on you.
Accounting Principals has been a very good agency to work for. They found me work immediately after I was laid off in 2009.
ADP Payroll Specialist (contract) (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VA13 March 2013
It could be stressful at times but overall, I enjoyed working at AECOM through Accounting Principals. I learned how to use Oracle software and ADP Payroll System. My co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was learning the different tax forms that needed for each state. I really enjoyed the fast paced environment and there was something new to learn each day.
Pros
everyone was very nice to work with, i enjoyed the flexible hours if i needed to change them.
Cons
no notice if your were losing your job
Could talk to Management at anytime
DATA ENTRY CLERK/UNDERWRITER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Richmond, Virginia26 August 2013
Love what I did there, my training was easy and the person training me was excellent. I learned how to enter Underwriter claims into multiple computer screen. The permanent workers were always courteous and helpful to me. The hardest part was dealing directly with the Underwriters in solving problems the most enjoyable part of the day was the morning before anybody work just everybody talking with each other before the day began.
Pros
Kept me busy
Cons
No overtime
Wonderful place to work at
Collection Representative (Current Employee) –  Calumet City, IL22 June 2014
Collections of current and past due accounts. Assist staff account with allocation of incoming cash. Call customers to collect on all payments returned by bank. Provide the highest level of customer service to ensure all issues resolved immediately.

I have learned so much.

The hardest part of my job is none.

My co-workers are great and they are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Small company setting
Cons
Temp job
Waste of my time
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas TX13 February 2015
Dallas (Addison) TX office is a joke, unprofessional, no ethic what's so ever. Poor staffing management skills. Waste of time to go there. They don't care about candidates, just give empty promises and present false jobs. Withing 3.5 years unable to land any position with them despite numerous applications.
Cons
Lack of respect for candidates, poor recruiting skills
Was a friendly environment to work in. I enjoyed my time there.
NE Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brown Deer, WI23 September 2013
I would recommend Horizon as a great place to work. A very busy, dynamic workplace. They provide a wonderful service for people who need nursing care at home, for whatever reason. In the short time I was there, all of the people I came in contact with were full of caring & compassion.
Cons
Usually too busy to take your breaks. A stressful environment.
Overall Experience
Collision Department as an A/R Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK9 July 2014
I worked for them for only three months at Bob Moore. The position there was a newly created position. They started me at the busiest time of the month, and had no time to train. While I was there I felt as though all of my talents in accounting were being wasted, as I really was not performing any type of accounting related duties. During the 3 months I was at Bob Moore, I was never trained. I was told to just hang in there. At the end of the 3 months they determined that the position had to be eliminated. After creating the position, business did not increase as they thought it would. Other than being unexpected, it really did not surprise me, as I felt the same way.
Pros
End of munth, they catered lunched so we did not have to leave, and the co-workers were really nice people
Cons
No training and very disorganized
Any Accounting Position
None (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA10 September 2012
I have been registered with AP for a year now and they have had plenty of positions that I am more than qualified for but have not submitted my resume to any of them. I called to find out what was happening and was told my recruiter know longer worked with them. No wonder I would not receive return phone calls or emails. Lost hope in them helping me locate a job.
Effective job placement
Temporary Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA8 April 2013
Accounting Principals found a temporary position for me that soon became permanent. I have no prior experience with Accounting Principals before this occurred, so all I can comment on is the effective staffing they executed, as well as the professionalism of their agents.
Pros
professional agents, effective staffing
Cons
n/a