Accounting Principals

Accounting Principals Employee Reviews

I loved working in Inventory Control.
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VA19 January 2013
I would help the managers at stores with various requests.
I learned how to do the MAC income JV that I had to run a macro for and give to the Department Manager to sign off on.
Some of the management was extremely helpful and others were very hard to deal with.
The co-workers basically stayed to themselves.
There was nothing very hard about the job once you knew what was expected of you.
I enjoyed talking to the managers across the states.
Pros
i learned new things.
Cons
management was rough on you.
Accounting Principals has been a very good agency to work for. They found me work immediately after I was laid off in 2009.
ADP Payroll Specialist (contract) (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VA13 March 2013
It could be stressful at times but overall, I enjoyed working at AECOM through Accounting Principals. I learned how to use Oracle software and ADP Payroll System. My co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was learning the different tax forms that needed for each state. I really enjoyed the fast paced environment and there was something new to learn each day.
Pros
everyone was very nice to work with, i enjoyed the flexible hours if i needed to change them.
Cons
no notice if your were losing your job
Could talk to Management at anytime
DATA ENTRY CLERK/UNDERWRITER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Richmond, Virginia26 August 2013
Love what I did there, my training was easy and the person training me was excellent. I learned how to enter Underwriter claims into multiple computer screen. The permanent workers were always courteous and helpful to me. The hardest part was dealing directly with the Underwriters in solving problems the most enjoyable part of the day was the morning before anybody work just everybody talking with each other before the day began.
Pros
Kept me busy
Cons
No overtime
Great Culture to work in and excellent opportunities
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL10 August 2015
Accounting Principals work personally with you to find the right fit for their clients and ensure placement and interviews with great companies. Great Culture of management and employees.
productive and consistant
staff (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM10 July 2015
A company that works hard on your behalf. In the short amount of time I have been there they have given me great leads.They find what siuts your capabilities and send you as much information about that company or buisness before you go on an interview.
A temporary employment agency
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VA4 April 2015
I enjoyed the assignment I received from Accounting Principals very much. I matched incoming invoices to purchase orders & coded for entry into QuickBooks, processed the check runs, answered phones, filing, researched payments & invoices. Management was great to work with, they gave you your work assignments & let you do them. Co-workers were friendly & helpful. The hardest part of the job, as always is with temp assignments, was not knowing everyone or the organization well enough to handle customer/vendor inquiries confidently. The most enjoyable part of the job assignment was the accounting component. I had hoped this would be a temp to hire situation, but management decided to reorganize the employees they had.
Pros
Friendly & helpful co-workers & management, variety of admin & accounting duties.
Cons
Not knowing the company well enough to to handle inquiries confidently.
Was a friendly environment to work in. I enjoyed my time there.
NE Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brown Deer, WI23 September 2013
I would recommend Horizon as a great place to work. A very busy, dynamic workplace. They provide a wonderful service for people who need nursing care at home, for whatever reason. In the short time I was there, all of the people I came in contact with were full of caring & compassion.
Cons
Usually too busy to take your breaks. A stressful environment.
Overall Experience
Collision Department as an A/R Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK9 July 2014
I worked for them for only three months at Bob Moore. The position there was a newly created position. They started me at the busiest time of the month, and had no time to train. While I was there I felt as though all of my talents in accounting were being wasted, as I really was not performing any type of accounting related duties. During the 3 months I was at Bob Moore, I was never trained. I was told to just hang in there. At the end of the 3 months they determined that the position had to be eliminated. After creating the position, business did not increase as they thought it would. Other than being unexpected, it really did not surprise me, as I felt the same way.
Pros
End of munth, they catered lunched so we did not have to leave, and the co-workers were really nice people
Cons
No training and very disorganized
Any Accounting Position
None (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA10 September 2012
I have been registered with AP for a year now and they have had plenty of positions that I am more than qualified for but have not submitted my resume to any of them. I called to find out what was happening and was told my recruiter know longer worked with them. No wonder I would not receive return phone calls or emails. Lost hope in them helping me locate a job.
it was a nice laid back atmosphere to work in, friendly people.i really enjoyed working there.the job workwas very balanced compensation was excellent
Accounts Receivables Clerk (Former Employee) –  gardena, ca22 July 2014
a typical day at work , was i would come in sign on to my computer and began to check my emails for credit card payments, print those out , check phone messages.begin processing ACH payments and wire transfers and begin posting payments to customer accounts. once the mail come in i would sort and distribute the mail and begin processing my daily deposits via scanning process. then i would prepare back up to post cash to customer accounts. take credit card payments over the phone. maintained customer files daily, and printed reports for the C.E.O. and C.F.O. and my Manager of daily deposit totals.
Pros
we would have ice cream socials on hot days in the afternoon.
Cons
there was so much work at times you could not take a break
Effective job placement
Temporary Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA8 April 2013
Accounting Principals found a temporary position for me that soon became permanent. I have no prior experience with Accounting Principals before this occurred, so all I can comment on is the effective staffing they executed, as well as the professionalism of their agents.
Pros
professional agents, effective staffing
Cons
n/a
Excellent Employer
Lockbox Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN5 March 2013
Management is always available to address issues and reward your good work ethic. If you are a talented reliable employee you will always find work with them. I could not recommend them any more highly.
Pros
everything!, health care, additional training & development, employee support services
Cons
none after many years of working for them
I was placed in a temporary position at a good company. After being shown what was expected, I worked much on my own. Other workers were very helpful
Accounts Payable/Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA7 June 2013
Management is very proactive in finding temporary jobs that fit skills. Very helpful with any issue that may occur. Great management.
Pros
Good working condition as well as clients
Cons
not any
Not very professional
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO14 June 2012
I registered with the office and tested highly on their evaluations. I was called for a data entry position on a Friday to start the following Monday that would last 1 week, 2 at the very most. When I voiced my concerns about it going over that due to previous committments I was spoken to like I was not a professional.
Cons
communication
Productive, steady work enviroment
Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX30 September 2014
Co workers are great to work with. No guessing game of what to do, work is not a problem, plenty to do. Management are very easy to get along with, they are understanding with personal time off.
Pros
Work parties, free breakfast, free yoga classes.
Cons
Im stuck as a contactor instead of permanant. (1 year)
Credit Analyst 2
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN8 June 2012
Underwrite credit requests, perform all financial due diligence, coordinate the closing process and monitor a portfolio of clients with credit exposure in excess of $200MM and annual drug spend in excess of $700M. Engage Regional Sales Executives to increase breadth and depth of relationship with customers.
Working for a variety of companies as a temporary employee, working with new and interesting people
Temporary Accounting/Bookkeeping employee (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL17 November 2012
As a temporary employee, I was assigned to a variety of companies requiring a wide range of skills. Job responsibilities ranged from basic data entry to payroll auditing and assisting with annual budget development. Overall, the management and co-workers of the assigned companies were professional, friendly, helpful and made me (as a temp employee) feel welcome. Because the assignments were usually short term, it was difficult to form lasting friendships with the permanent employees. Conversely, it was enjoyable to meet new and interesting people and to meet new challenges while learning new skills.
Pros
variety of assignments, meeting new and interesting people
Cons
short term assignment are not conducive to forming lasting friendships, "down time" between assignments
Great company, I would work for them again.
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX3 May 2014
Accounting Principals is a temporary agency so I was hired as a long term temporary employee assigned to one client for entire period from 10/12 to 12/13. I was responsible for processing payroll for their 3 pay groups.

My contacts at Accounting Principals were very helpful if I had any questions or issues. I would definitely love to work for them again in the future if they should contact me.

The hardest part of position was completing accurate payrolls by their deadlines and sending our payroll information to their Accounting Department for timely funding of payrolls.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know and work with the great employees as an integral team of Human Resources at the client company. I was very sad when my contract period ended.
Pros
Blue jeans on Fridays, good location, good company
Cons
temporary assignment with no option to stay
A good accounting staffing agency
Tax Accountant - Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NY17 August 2015
Agency works with Fortune 500 companies. Recruiters are nice and work hard to place you on an assignment. I learned the Vertex sales tax software.
not good to work for
Accounts Payable temp (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ18 March 2015
Recruiters only care about placing you, not placing you where you can use your experienced skills; you are only a dollar sign to them. They don't take your calls, return your calls or address your concerns when you do talk to them.
Pros
this rating
Cons
incommunicado