Accounting Principals

Accounting Principals Employee Reviews

Contract Agency
Investor Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 28, 2015
Great company to get your foot in the door through contract to hire opportunities. They were easy to communicate with and get in touch with
Not a great experience.
Collections (Current Employee) –  St Louis, MOJanuary 20, 2015
Accounting Principals placed me quickly and left me to rot in a temp position. The rep made a lot of promises during the interview and didn't keep any of them.Any time that I asked about other positions listed, she always had an excuse like "we're not servicing that one" or "it's in St Charles" . She's not a good liar although she does it often enough. It's a good agency as long as you don't have any expectations. To them, you aren't a person, you're a revenue stream. There were 4 or 5 other AP temps in the office and we all pretty much felt the same way.
it was a nice laid back atmosphere to work in, friendly people.i really enjoyed working there.the job workwas very balanced compensation was excellent
Accounts Receivables Clerk (Former Employee) –  gardena, caJuly 22, 2014
a typical day at work , was i would come in sign on to my computer and began to check my emails for credit card payments, print those out , check phone messages.begin processing ACH payments and wire transfers and begin posting payments to customer accounts. once the mail come in i would sort and distribute the mail and begin processing my daily deposits via scanning process. then i would prepare back up to post cash to customer accounts. take credit card payments over the phone. maintained customer files daily, and printed reports for the C.E.O. and C.F.O. and my Manager of daily deposit totals.
Pros
we would have ice cream socials on hot days in the afternoon.
Cons
there was so much work at times you could not take a break
I loved working in Inventory Control.
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJanuary 19, 2013
I would help the managers at stores with various requests.
I learned how to do the MAC income JV that I had to run a macro for and give to the Department Manager to sign off on.
Some of the management was extremely helpful and others were very hard to deal with.
The co-workers basically stayed to themselves.
There was nothing very hard about the job once you knew what was expected of you.
I enjoyed talking to the managers across the states.
Pros
i learned new things.
Cons
management was rough on you.
Great company, I would work for them again.
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 3, 2014
Accounting Principals is a temporary agency so I was hired as a long term temporary employee assigned to one client for entire period from 10/12 to 12/13. I was responsible for processing payroll for their 3 pay groups.

My contacts at Accounting Principals were very helpful if I had any questions or issues. I would definitely love to work for them again in the future if they should contact me.

The hardest part of position was completing accurate payrolls by their deadlines and sending our payroll information to their Accounting Department for timely funding of payrolls.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know and work with the great employees as an integral team of Human Resources at the client company. I was very sad when my contract period ended.
Pros
blue jeans on fridays, good location, good company
Cons
temporary assignment with no option to stay
Contract Work
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 8, 2012
I was hoping to stay on but the contract expired and the position was not available afterwards. Typically performed all accounting functons with a few other items too.
I learned some more spreadsheet shortcuts and all aspects of the accounting function within a company.
All of my co-workers were easy to rt along with and we would take the time to help each other whenever we were finished with our immediate tasks or if any of us had a problem we would resole it together. Because of that there never really was anything hard to write acout now. In fact, that WAS the most rnjoyable part of the job. Most of us still keep in touch.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
not avle to stay on after contract expired
Great company
Project Accountant for Whitewave Foods (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 4, 2015
I've gotten many positions through this company and I would definitely recommend them. I've gotten permanent and temporary work through them.
Pros
Assignments
Cons
Fun environment to work in, days sometimes were slow with no work but you could find things to do
Associate Customer Service&Sales (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 17, 2012
It was a position that I could only see being in short term. Typical day was handling incoming calls to place orders for customers. Co workers were great to work with-very helpful with any questions that you may have had. Hardest part of job was having a full 40 hr week schedule without being sent home because of slowness and learning product information in such a short time on your own with no training. I loved the hours I had the best.
Pros
great schedule, great employees, great supervisors
Cons
short term position that only lasted 2 months, not set amount of hours
Accounting Principals has been a very good agency to work for. They found me work immediately after I was laid off in 2009.
ADP Payroll Specialist (contract) (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMarch 13, 2013
It could be stressful at times but overall, I enjoyed working at AECOM through Accounting Principals. I learned how to use Oracle software and ADP Payroll System. My co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was learning the different tax forms that needed for each state. I really enjoyed the fast paced environment and there was something new to learn each day.
Pros
everyone was very nice to work with, i enjoyed the flexible hours if i needed to change them.
Cons
no notice if your were losing your job
Great diverse culture
Purchase Order Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Union City, CAFebruary 13, 2015
Great and diverse culture. Manager is very supportive as well as department co workers. Company celebrates success. However, just like other companies, there are areas where improvement can be made.
Pros
supportive managers
Productive, steady work enviroment
Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 30, 2014
Co workers are great to work with. No guessing game of what to do, work is not a problem, plenty to do. Management are very easy to get along with, they are understanding with personal time off.
Pros
work parties, free breakfast, free yoga classes.
Cons
im stuck as a contactor instead of permanant. (1 year)
I was placed in a temporary position at a good company. After being shown what was expected, I worked much on my own. Other workers were very helpful
Accounts Payable/Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 7, 2013
Management is very proactive in finding temporary jobs that fit skills. Very helpful with any issue that may occur. Great management.
Pros
good working condition as well as clients
Cons
not any
Accounting Principals is a productive agency
Data Entry, Audit assist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 9, 2015
Accounting Principals is an accounting agency that provides employees with accounting degrees to other companies that are in need of accountants, data entry clerks, audit assistants, etc.

So far I had worked at Safeway as an audit assistant for two days (the project ended on the second day). And I worked as a data entry clerk at ALTA Planning.
Pros
friendly environment
Excellent Employer
Lockbox Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 5, 2013
Management is always available to address issues and reward your good work ethic. If you are a talented reliable employee you will always find work with them. I could not recommend them any more highly.
Pros
everything!, health care, additional training & development, employee support services
Cons
none after many years of working for them
Could talk to Management at anytime
DATA ENTRY CLERK/UNDERWRITER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VirginiaAugust 26, 2013
Love what I did there, my training was easy and the person training me was excellent. I learned how to enter Underwriter claims into multiple computer screen. The permanent workers were always courteous and helpful to me. The hardest part was dealing directly with the Underwriters in solving problems the most enjoyable part of the day was the morning before anybody work just everybody talking with each other before the day began.
Pros
kept me busy
Cons
no overtime
Accounting Principals
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 13, 2012
Accounting Principals, treat you like family, they are warm the second you walk through the door. They have assisted my family and I into a great start with our new life here in VA. they have been such an impact of great kindness. in every way. Caring to the needs of the employees staffed with them. I am pleased with my assignments and I wont complain. I have stayed busy from the time they have started my work experience with them. Not a bad word to say they are just great SMILE
Opportunities are limitless
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 15, 2013
The opportunities that Accounting Principals has given me has allowed me to research the focus I want to take in my career, I love working for the clients of Accounting Principals for all the opportunities I have to expand my knowledge in accounting and all the industries it serves.
Credit Analyst 2
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 8, 2012
Underwrite credit requests, perform all financial due diligence, coordinate the closing process and monitor a portfolio of clients with credit exposure in excess of $200MM and annual drug spend in excess of $700M. Engage Regional Sales Executives to increase breadth and depth of relationship with customers.
Process open invoices
Accounts Payable Specialist/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Temp Assignment AecomApril 22, 2015
Process open invoices received through the document imaging software. Verify invoice status. Contact supplier and advise what is needed to make the invoices compliant.
not good to work for
Accounts Payable temp (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 18, 2015
Recruiters only care about placing you, not placing you where you can use your experienced skills; you are only a dollar sign to them. They don't take your calls, return your calls or address your concerns when you do talk to them.
Pros
this rating
Cons
incommunicado