Accounting Principals Employee Reviews

Accounting Principals is a productive agency
Data Entry, Audit assist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 9, 2015
Accounting Principals is an accounting agency that provides employees with accounting degrees to other companies that are in need of accountants, data entry clerks, audit assistants, etc.

So far I had worked at Safeway as an audit assistant for two days (the project ended on the second day). And I worked as a data entry clerk at ALTA Planning.
Pros
friendly environment
Demanding but rewarding work with a supportive and collaborative team.
Credit Representative (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 2, 2016
The typical day includes receiving applications for commercial credit loans or revolving lines of credit via phone, fax or email. The applications are submitted through a dealer or vendor on behalf of a business applying for funding to purchase commercial equipment. The applications are reviewed for completeness, information is verified for accuracy from various sources and a decision is made whether or not to extend credit, and if so, what the amount of credit will be. I learned a lot at the job, but the one thing that stood out was the ongoing education and testing on Anti Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing, how to handle OFAC ( Office of Foreign Assets Control) alerts, etc., and the handling of Fraud Alerts. It was a really enlightening experience. My co-workers and I all worked really well together, we were a small tight knit group within the retail credit service division of TD Bank. The hardest part of the job was to be one of the few people that does the job on a daily basis and to come up with cost effective and practical solutions to increase productivity and customer satisfaction, only to have the suggestions shrugged off by management. The most enjoyable part of the job was going through the hassle of getting credit approved for a business owner that really deserved it but was not an easy approval and finally giving them the satisfaction of knowing that they would be able to afford what they need to take their business to a higher level.
Pros
Community atmosphere among colleagues, lots of learning opportunities
Cons
Outdated systems with inefficiencies, management unwilling to examine and implement possible solutions.
Accounting Principals Temporary Service is a great company to work for, the staff is very professional and caring. I'm able to utilize my skills
Global Assignment Assistant (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHDecember 3, 2014
My most current position is with SIRVA Relocation Company:

I maintain and prepare data reports for the Global team, other responsibilities are entering new transferees into the database and relevant spreadsheets, general office support including word processing. In spare time volunteer to work on projects and pitched in to assist in other areas of company operations.
Pros
postive experiences, very professional, i'm constantly gaining new skills to add to my resume
Cons
temporary positions are not guaranteed positions, 50/50 possibility of temp to permenant
Great company
Project Accountant for Whitewave Foods (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 4, 2015
I've gotten many positions through this company and I would definitely recommend them. I've gotten permanent and temporary work through them.
Pros
Assignments
not good to work for
Accounts Payable temp (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 18, 2015
Recruiters only care about placing you, not placing you where you can use your experienced skills; you are only a dollar sign to them. They don't take your calls, return your calls or address your concerns when you do talk to them.
Pros
this rating
Cons
incommunicado
Process open invoices
Accounts Payable Specialist/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Temp Assignment AecomApril 22, 2015
Process open invoices received through the document imaging software. Verify invoice status. Contact supplier and advise what is needed to make the invoices compliant.
Accounting Principals
Contractor for SPECTRUM LOGISTICS (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 4, 2015
I found them very helpful and interested in finding me a position. Always checking in the beginning of the week , how the job was going at Spectrum Logiostics. Started out at 20 hours and in time Spectrum asked me to work 40 hours. The job and people were nice and i enoyed working with the customers. In this case the truckers

I worked with accounting, and dispatchers. In this case, getting the paperwork to accounting for billing and handling out the sedttlement statements to drivers and owners. Also, assisting the drivers and owners with paperwork, such as orders and permits. The day would go bye fast, i enjoyed it. I learned through the hardest part of the job. Calming and helping the drivers when they didnt get their paperwork fast enough . The reward was the smile and thank you, when they got everything they needed. I enjoy working with people
Pros
contact with people, early hours, learning different areas of job
Cons
healthcare wasn't a permant position
Senior accounting agency
Multiple Accounting position (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 18, 2014
Great reputation with clients and average to above average pay. The assignments mainly in oil.gas industry. Many years in Houston area and large client base. Assignment length vary, but seem to be longer than other agencies. This company was recently purchased by an international agency and changes to culture are very negative. The health care benefits are just about gone.
Pros
many large oil/gas clients and other industry as well
Cons
temp accountants are becoming less important.
Wonderful place to work at
Collection Representative (Current Employee) –  Calumet City, ILJune 22, 2014
Collections of current and past due accounts. Assist staff account with allocation of incoming cash. Call customers to collect on all payments returned by bank. Provide the highest level of customer service to ensure all issues resolved immediately.

I have learned so much.

The hardest part of my job is none.

My co-workers are great and they are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
small company setting
Cons
temp job
Great diverse culture
Purchase Order Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Union City, CAFebruary 13, 2015
Great and diverse culture. Manager is very supportive as well as department co workers. Company celebrates success. However, just like other companies, there are areas where improvement can be made.
Pros
supportive managers
Could talk to Management at anytime
DATA ENTRY CLERK/UNDERWRITER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VirginiaAugust 26, 2013
Love what I did there, my training was easy and the person training me was excellent. I learned how to enter Underwriter claims into multiple computer screen. The permanent workers were always courteous and helpful to me. The hardest part was dealing directly with the Underwriters in solving problems the most enjoyable part of the day was the morning before anybody work just everybody talking with each other before the day began.
Pros
kept me busy
Cons
no overtime
A nice place to work. People are friendly
Accounting Principals/Payroll Administrator/Durez (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJune 2, 2013
Monday's are weekly union payrolls and sometimes Salary. Salary is semi-monthly so it falls on different days of the week. Reports need to be done, sort check, over night checks to other Payroll Admins. Collecting information for the next payroll and entering into payroll system. Helping HR with anything that is needed.

Waiting for information and not getting information until the last minute or after the payroll is done, which means extra work.

Everyone is friendly.
Pros
free coffee, te, a hot chocolate, once a monthly celebrate birthdays with cake ice cream
Cons
no tomato policy. no vacation pay.
Fun environment to work in, days sometimes were slow with no work but you could find things to do
Associate Customer Service&Sales (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 17, 2012
It was a position that I could only see being in short term. Typical day was handling incoming calls to place orders for customers. Co workers were great to work with-very helpful with any questions that you may have had. Hardest part of job was having a full 40 hr week schedule without being sent home because of slowness and learning product information in such a short time on your own with no training. I loved the hours I had the best.
Pros
great schedule, great employees, great supervisors
Cons
short term position that only lasted 2 months, not set amount of hours
All they care about is their own profit
accounting clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago ILJune 25, 2012
Worked for them on one assignment for 16 months. When it came time for me to actually qualify for a paid holiday, I was told I did not have 26 "consecutive" weeks because I had taken an UNPAID vacation for one week, therefore did not qualify for a paid holiday. It didn't matter that I had more than 26 weeks consecutive at any time of the year! They will do whatever they can NOT to pay you any benefits. And even tho I went to them looking for permanent work, they didn't help at all...why should they when they were making good money off of me?
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 13, 2012
Accounting Principals, treat you like family, they are warm the second you walk through the door. They have assisted my family and I into a great start with our new life here in VA. they have been such an impact of great kindness. in every way. Caring to the needs of the employees staffed with them. I am pleased with my assignments and I wont complain. I have stayed busy from the time they have started my work experience with them. Not a bad word to say they are just great SMILE
Contract Work
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 8, 2012
I was hoping to stay on but the contract expired and the position was not available afterwards. Typically performed all accounting functons with a few other items too.
I learned some more spreadsheet shortcuts and all aspects of the accounting function within a company.
All of my co-workers were easy to rt along with and we would take the time to help each other whenever we were finished with our immediate tasks or if any of us had a problem we would resole it together. Because of that there never really was anything hard to write acout now. In fact, that WAS the most rnjoyable part of the job. Most of us still keep in touch.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
not avle to stay on after contract expired
I loved working in Inventory Control.
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJanuary 19, 2013
I would help the managers at stores with various requests.
I learned how to do the MAC income JV that I had to run a macro for and give to the Department Manager to sign off on.
Some of the management was extremely helpful and others were very hard to deal with.
The co-workers basically stayed to themselves.
There was nothing very hard about the job once you knew what was expected of you.
I enjoyed talking to the managers across the states.
Pros
i learned new things.
Cons
management was rough on you.
Accounting Principals has been a very good agency to work for. They found me work immediately after I was laid off in 2009.
ADP Payroll Specialist (contract) (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMarch 13, 2013
It could be stressful at times but overall, I enjoyed working at AECOM through Accounting Principals. I learned how to use Oracle software and ADP Payroll System. My co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was learning the different tax forms that needed for each state. I really enjoyed the fast paced environment and there was something new to learn each day.
Pros
everyone was very nice to work with, i enjoyed the flexible hours if i needed to change them.
Cons
no notice if your were losing your job
Overall Experience
Collision Department as an A/R Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 9, 2014
I worked for them for only three months at Bob Moore. The position there was a newly created position. They started me at the busiest time of the month, and had no time to train. While I was there I felt as though all of my talents in accounting were being wasted, as I really was not performing any type of accounting related duties. During the 3 months I was at Bob Moore, I was never trained. I was told to just hang in there. At the end of the 3 months they determined that the position had to be eliminated. After creating the position, business did not increase as they thought it would. Other than being unexpected, it really did not surprise me, as I felt the same way.
Pros
end of munth, they catered lunched so we did not have to leave, and the co-workers were really nice people
Cons
no training and very disorganized
Was a friendly environment to work in. I enjoyed my time there.
NE Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brown Deer, WISeptember 23, 2013
I would recommend Horizon as a great place to work. A very busy, dynamic workplace. They provide a wonderful service for people who need nursing care at home, for whatever reason. In the short time I was there, all of the people I came in contact with were full of caring & compassion.
Cons
usually too busy to take your breaks. a stressful environment.