Accounting Principals

Accounting Principals Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
GReat place
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), GaithersburgSeptember 12, 2014
It is very steady. You hae days where its slow but pretty cool job overall.
Senior accounting agency
Multiple Accounting position (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 18, 2014
Pros: many large oil/gas clients and other industry as well
Cons: temp accountants are becoming less important.
Great reputation with clients and average to above average pay. The assignments mainly in oil.gas industry. Many years in Houston area and large client base. Assignment length vary, but seem to be longer than other agencies. This company was recently purchased by an international agency and changes to culture are very negative. The health care benefits – more... are just about gone. – less
Temp agency with a great staff
Various Temporary Assignments (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 11, 2014
I have been with Accounting Principals for 15 months now. While I have had many of these positions end on me, they are very good at finding me more work quickly.
Excellent Work Environment
Staffing Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 23, 2014
Philadelphia office has a wonderful team that works well together.
it was a nice laid back atmosphere to work in, friendly people.i really enjoyed working there.the job workwas very balanced compensation was excellent
Accounts Receivables Clerk (Former Employee), gardena, caJuly 22, 2014
Pros: we would have ice cream socials on hot days in the afternoon.
Cons: there was so much work at times you could not take a break
a typical day at work , was i would come in sign on to my computer and began to check my emails for credit card payments, print those out , check phone messages.begin processing ACH payments and wire transfers and begin posting payments to customer accounts. once the mail come in i would sort and distribute the mail and begin processing my daily deposits – more... via scanning process. then i would prepare back up to post cash to customer accounts. take credit card payments over the phone. maintained customer files daily, and printed reports for the C.E.O. and C.F.O. and my Manager of daily deposit totals. – less
An employment agency thast worked very hard to get you a position.
Contract Worker (Former Employee), Piedmont Gas, Charlotte NCJuly 11, 2014
Pros: flexible with your hourse
Cons: assignment was over
I had a good experience with this company. They found me the best positions available and a comparable salary.
Overall Experience
Collision Department as an A/R Clerk (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 9, 2014
Pros: end of munth, they catered lunched so we did not have to leave, and the co-workers were really nice people
Cons: no training and very disorganized
I worked for them for only three months at Bob Moore. The position there was a newly created position. They started me at the busiest time of the month, and had no time to train. While I was there I felt as though all of my talents in accounting were being wasted, as I really was not performing any type of accounting related duties. During the 3 months – more... I was at Bob Moore, I was never trained. I was told to just hang in there. At the end of the 3 months they determined that the position had to be eliminated. After creating the position, business did not increase as they thought it would. Other than being unexpected, it really did not surprise me, as I felt the same way. – less
Wonderful place to work at
Collection Representative (Current Employee), Calumet City, ILJune 22, 2014
Pros: small company setting
Cons: temp job
Collections of current and past due accounts. Assist staff account with allocation of incoming cash. Call customers to collect on all payments returned by bank. Provide the highest level of customer service to ensure all issues resolved immediately.

I have learned so much.

The hardest part of my job is none.

My co-workers are great and they are the – more... most enjoyable part of the job. – less
Good at finding temp. positions
Accounts Payable Accountant (Current Employee), Bridgeville, PAJune 19, 2014
Pros: provides an income
Cons: most opportunities are temporary, no vacation or holiday pay or benefits
Very professional group to work with. Didn't have much contact with them once you began your assignment.
Fun enviroment
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSJune 18, 2014
Typical day consists making phone calls in the morning and out on appointment in the afternoon. Selling to clients with accounting and finance openings.
The office environment is very fun.
Temporary Agency
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 4, 2014
Pros: bonus
Cons: job security
Delinquent automobile accounts..processing repossessions
Work was ok
Cash Applications Specialist (Former Employee), Norcross, GAMay 29, 2014
Don't remember what position this was. Learned to work a different financial system.
Good
Duke Hospital- PRMO Patient Serivce Associate (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 23, 2014
Since accounting principals is a temp agency i have little contact with them. I have most of my contact with the ppl that I work with which is Duke Hospital Billing facility which I enjoy.
Great company, I would work for them again.
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 3, 2014
Pros: blue jeans on fridays, good location, good company
Cons: temporary assignment with no option to stay
Accounting Principals is a temporary agency so I was hired as a long term temporary employee assigned to one client for entire period from 10/12 to 12/13. I was responsible for processing payroll for their 3 pay groups.

My contacts at Accounting Principals were very helpful if I had any questions or issues. I would definitely love to work for them – more... again in the future if they should contact me.

The hardest part of position was completing accurate payrolls by their deadlines and sending our payroll information to their Accounting Department for timely funding of payrolls.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know and work with the great employees as an integral team of Human Resources at the client company. I was very sad when my contract period ended. – less
A Place to Collect A Pay Check
N/A (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 30, 2014
Pros: free lunch once a month
Cons: everything else
It is difficult to review the company as a whole when working in only one department. One would like to believe that the problems of the department in which one works is localized and isolated, rather than systemic. Unfortunately, the problems I encountered while working for Shamrock proved to be systemic. The company is extremely bureaucratic. Management – more... resists change and often attempts to quash new ideas until they have an opportunity to take credit for them. Seasoned employees are given preference over younger, more motivated and more productive employees. This company will bully you as an employee if you uncover any practices that could prove threatening to the company's reputation or potentially merit legal recourse against it. The company's idea of "family" and "trust" and "mutual respect" is compliance under duress and threat of penalty at law. Upper management is paranoid that employees they let go are out to get them. Returning work that had been taken home is subject to legal recourse for "disclosure of confidential material." Of course, had they informed an employee that they were being terminated, there would be no need to return any work or property belonging to the company after termination. Would they rather it be destroyed? How does that benefit the company? The people seem nice, but not sure they have how to treat people who are trying to HELP them with sensitive information on bad business practices. It might make an employee think these practices were illegal. – less
first assignment not very communicatvie
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Woodland Hills, CAApril 21, 2014
Pros: good location, compensation
Cons: communication not so good
the job that sent me on is a great place to work, but the agency is not very communicative. Wants to just fill the job
I enjoyed my assignments.
Contractor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 15, 2014
Overall my contacts were decent. I wish I could have been placed on direct hire positions.
Great training and support
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAApril 2, 2014
Pros: weekly pay checks
Cons: 30 minute lunch breaks
Wachovia set a great training and working place, moderate work pace, always training and customer first.
Not as many assignments/interviews as I was expecting
Contract Accountant (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 26, 2014
There might be more assignments/interviews in the future. Requested assignments/interviews with corporate firms but receiving too many inquiries about non-profit organizations instead.
Great people, job growth
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee), El Monte, CAMarch 19, 2014
I learned how to use different software and met some great people. Management was supportive.

1 2 3 4

About Accounting Principals

Accounting Principals is a leader in finance and accounting staffing. With every assignment, we seek to prove our value to candidates – Read more