Accounts Payable Specialist
Reporting to Accounts Payable Manager, this person will be responsible for day to day processing of accounts payable while performing accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions
- Receive and verify invoices and requisitions
- Ensure invoices are properly coded and authorized
- Process and post approved invoices (approximately 900 per month and growing)
- Record all cheques and manage regular weekly cheque run
- Maintain organized and up to date invoice filing order
- Ensure proper allocation of commodity taxes as pertaining to the processed invoices
- Promptly and effectively assist internal and external customers with their inquiries.
- Verify that all transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Process employee expenses whenever necessary
- Provide assistance during quarterly and annual audits, internal and external ones.
- Minimum 1 year experience in accounts payable environment
- CGA level 2 or higher
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Great Plains experience is an asset
Please forward your resume to email listed Salary 33K to 40K, 3 weeks vacation, full benefits!