Our Insurance client has an immediate need to hire an Accounts Payable Specialist.
- Reviews accounts payable invoices, prepares daily bank deposit slips and other banking related transactions, and prepares various journal entries and account reconciliations to ensure that general ledger account changes are recorded and accounts updated on a timely and accurate basis.
- Responds to inquiries from customers and financial institutions concerning payments or related transactions to provide timely customer service and achieve departmental service standards.
- Prepares and mails out monthly broker commission payments with statements of account to ensure payments to brokers are accurate and completed in a timely manner.
- Maintains accounts payable documentation to ensure the completeness of invoice and payment records, prepares monthly journal and account checklists on a timely basis and maintains account reconciliation inventory.
- Performs other duties as required to achieve departmental or functional objectives.
- Post secondary education
- 3 to 5 years in a similar role
- Advanced Excel (Pivot, V/H Look ups)
Overview: the accounts payable invoice review process, inventory maintenance of monthly account reconciliations, recording of cash and cheque deposits, accurate and timely completion of various journal entries and related reconciliations to ensure that general ledger account changes are recorded both timely and accurately. Responsible for responding to customer queries regarding disbursements, and working closely with financial institutions to field cheque queries to provide effective and efficient customer service.
This role is also responsible for creating the broker commission statements to report broker activity on a timely and accurate basis. Works under minimal supervision while applying established Finance guidelines
Indeed - 6 months ago
Accounting Advantage aims to exclusively deliver solutions targeted to the Accounting and Finance industries. Our specialized focus on...