Accor

Accor Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun to do pre -opening
Sofitel Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa, Bahrain (Former Employee), Manama,July 17, 2015
Pros: tax free
Cons: remore location
Daily coming to work is fun because it was pre- opening and all of us work as a part of the team. I learned so many new things from my Hotel manager- from snagging to additional duties which were new to – more... me.The management of the company was great but working with owners and management was a bit challenging. My co- workers were fun and very professional and it was pleasure to work with them. The hardest part of the job was the location of the facilities and the delay of the project from the construction site,The most enjoyable part of the job was the new concept, lot of hard work but at the end it was very rewarding – less
Nice company,but not the best.
Manager (Current Employee), Doral, FLJuly 16, 2015
Pros: lots of food, relaxed work environment
Cons: coworkers, no growth, no training
Theres no training, they expect you to already know how to do everything. A lot of gossiping unfriendly coworkers. If you're looking to grow, try another company. They'll try selling you all sorts of stories but its all lies
Accor
Steward (Current Employee), perth W.AJune 21, 2015
i havent worked there very long but it a great place to work i love going to work i get to use machinery a have great people to work around
Productive workplace
Food and Beverage Assistant (Current Employee), Luton Airport, ENGMay 29, 2015
Pros: Flexible shifts
Cons: -
A typical day at work includes arranging the workplace, keep it clean and tidy, customer service, table service, cooking lunch, making drinks, doing banking at the end of the shift.
During this job I – more... have learned to create and maintain relationships through communication, deal with inquiries and complains for the benefit of the company.
The hardest part of the job is to work under pressure and deal with multiple inquiries in a short time keeping a professional attitude and confidence.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to meet people from different corners of the world that speak different languages and share their experiences. Moreover, customer satisfaction which can be reflected in sales. – less
Resposibilities
Genera (Current Employee), Maha, TXApril 29, 2015
Pros: monthly 25, 0000/-
Cons: very rearly happens
need to educate our team for protection of workdone/finished area(material) .sometime,it is really a presents of mind during large quantum work site. otherwise it willa big quality damage and some time the enire work has to be re done.
Good workplace
F&B Service - Assistant Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAApril 24, 2015
A day always starts at any time specifically shift wise. and fun working with team, achieving daily targets, meet guests expectations.
PROFESSIONALY RUN AND GOOD EMPLOYERS
Engineering Manager (Former Employee), Manchester, ENGFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: yearly bonus, meals and drinks and discounts on all accor hotels
Cons: being called out, long hours sometime
COLLECT HOTEL FAULT REPORTS AT FRONT DESK DAILY MEETING WITH HOTEL MANAGER FOR UPDATES CORRECTION OF ANY HOTEL FAULTS.
Strong Company
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: great place to work. in-house cafe was awesome.
Cons: contract terms to short.
Interesting international environment. Work environment was good. Facilities were excellent. Contract didn't last long enough.
productive but very slow in advancing
facilities (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: money
very busy fast paced atmosphere. managers are not very intelligent. could use a lot of upgrades and better staff. co workers are ok for the most part. hardest part of the job is witnessing the level of intelligence that my superiors badly lack on a constant and daily basis.
Educated work place
Loyalty consultant (Current Employee), AdelaideJanuary 12, 2015
Fast paced work place, very friendly and full of knowledge.
salary is rubbish
Assistant Accountant (Former Employee), East LondonDecember 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours, very low salary
salary is rubbish they offer min wage for everyone whether you are qualified or not.
Productive workplace
Responsible for the room services (Current Employee), BordeauxNovember 22, 2014
Pros: multitasking job
Cons: no co-workers
When I arrive at the bar of the hotel, the first things I do are turning on the lights and the music, and make sure that the place is welcoming.
Then I go to the kitchen to check that every dishes on the – more... menu have been prepared right, and that there is enough bread to go with the order. Once all of this is done, I am ready to receive the clients at the bar. I serve them pre-dinner drinks and appetizers, and if they wish to have the dinner with the room service menu in the restaurant I can do so. I also answer to the phone to take orders, heat up the dishes and bring them to the rooms.
I learned to be responsible, versatile, and energetic. The hardest part of the job is being at the same time at the bar with the clients, in the kitchen preparing the dishes and in the rooms to bring them. I don't have co-workers for this job so I'm expected to be well organized and dynamic. But this is what makes the job enjoyable, and I also enjoy the contact with clients a lot. – less
great place to work.
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: my son was able to enjoy all the activities
enjoyed my time there. always enjoyed going to work. learned so much about the life of a snow bird.
Accor review
Food & Beverage (F&B") Team Leader (Current Employee), Rugby, ENGSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: free meals, hotel discounts and bonus
Cons: long hours
As stated previously, I am not allowed and I do not want to discuss or review the company.
I do apologies but I stand my gound.
Accor North America
Property Tax Accountant/ Tax Audit Specialist (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXAugust 14, 2014
Accor (Motel6 Corporation) is a good company to work for. I learned a lot about tax and how the property tax, sales and use tax and audit processed work. I gained a lot of experience and valuable information my 12 years there.
No Comment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Palm Cove, QLDJune 30, 2014
Pros: no comment
Cons: no comment
I am looking for a new start in life and want to find my nesh in interior design.
Productive, Interesting and Room to grow
Duty Manager and Marketing team member (Former Employee), Wellington, New ZealandMay 29, 2014
I enjoyed working with Accor Hospitality as it gives everyone fair chances and growth opportunities. Work environment is really pleasant and I met a lot of funny and hard working people. Most enjoyable – more... part of our job was to catch up with our co-workers after a hectic day in near by pub. I appreciate Accor Hospitality's management to have a clear transparency and good attitude for the staffs. Lastly I thank this group to make me a better disciplined person with some quality management skills. – less
Training & Development
Assistant training Manager (Current Employee), Visakhapatnam, APMay 21, 2014
Pros: having operation experience
• Develop training and development model and determine the training and development needs that link directly to organizational business goals and objectives.
• Develop, direct, and evaluate the training – more... programs, as per the requirements.
• Evaluate training/instructional materials, teaching aids, and devices in order to fulfill the requirements.
• Conduct training needs assessments and recommend training programs.
• Communicate and support company policies & procedures to maintain high employee morale and motivation, and ensure an atmosphere of participative management.
• To ensure the smooth and efficient management of the Training Function, ensuring that all the Policies and Procedures outlined in the Operations Manual are strictly adhered to.
• To ensure that all training records, and training passports are maintained and updated as and when required.
• Ensure optimum service through the effective communication of policies and procedures to all employees.
• Promote and manage a positive and productive work environment by working with the management team to provide clear communication and fair and timely training evaluations of the team.
• To liaise with Schools / Colleges / Universities concerned and arrange the recruitment / selection of the Management and Industrial Trainees.
• To constantly monitor progress of individual trainees and receive feedback from Department Heads involved in the program and identify possible future hires for the Human Resources database.
• To develop, update and organize well-structured Orientation Program and to ensure that all New Hires are scheduled to attend the Orientation Programs. – less
Good
General Manager (Current Employee), BrazilApril 27, 2014
It"s a good company with many opportunities.
You can learn a lot beacause of leardship of company, everyday has a challange.
Stable but low paying job
Bartender (Former Employee), Oasis, QLDJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: fun, energetic team
Cons: long hours, low pay, some staff are very lazy
The job was great, just not suited for my salary needs. Great job for people studying or travelling but as a hard working local the pay was just not enough.
Links