Acciona

Acciona Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
To work in a challenging environment where I can enhance my abilities and be worthy for the organization.
HSE Supervisor (Former Employee), Fujairah power houseJuly 15, 2014
Pros: food etc
Cons: 8 houers
 Verify Competence 3rd certification, scaffolding, crane operation etc, Equipment safety 3rd Party certificate & fit for purpose High risk activities required additional HSE Manager

 Supervise junior safety officer coverage and inspection program on weekly or monthly basis ensuring that only

 Inspected and Certified plants and Equipment's (i.e. – more... Electrical, Mechanical, Pneumatic tools and Equipments) are in use at site.

 Coordinate Gas test, confined space entry, respiratory equipment, working at height HSE support, conducting various type of internal training – less
Challenging & Friendly Work Place
Administration Supervisor (Current Employee), FujairahJune 18, 2014
I like being a part of the first project to be executed by Acciona in UAE . The management is good , it is never difficult to discuss what's in my mind with my line manger ( Project Director) as he is always listening and agreeing to any new idea that might be a plus for the project. The hardest part of my job is that I always need to make sure that – more... construction works never stop because of some kind of approval that counts on me. I enjoy being the focal point for the public relations and custom clearing related work. – less
Productive and supporting technical staff
Land Surveyor (Former Employee), TeruelMay 14, 2014
Very good software resources. Problems were resolved in walking way thanks to the high performance from the people working on the ground and the office.
Very unorganized
Check-In employee (Current Employee), Frankfurt Main, HEMay 10, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers, extra pay when working on holidays or weekends
Cons: travel expenses, no actual teaching involved, have to take care of yourself
A typical day at work would be like this:

You come to your work place and hardly anyone greets you. Since I am very new there, I would think that you would have some sort of supervisor behind you to help you out and show you the way. But that is not the case. You have to fight your day through and ask a lot of people many questions before you can even – more... start. Basically you have to do everything on your own and learn quickly.

What I have learned in these couple of weeks is, that you have to teach yourself and be a quick learner, otherwise you will go down in this place.

The management is usually in a fowl mood. If you ask them something they react annoyed. With every mistake you do, as little as it might be, you get a full blown bollocking. But they don't teach you better.

The co-workers I have worked with till now are very kind, fun to be around with and help you out in any way that they can. Since they are just as new as I am, they understand my situation and can relate.

The hardest part of the job is the actual check-in. You have to learn so many things at once in a short period of time, without anyone really showing you how it is done correctly. So the first time someone does show you, you have to be quick and remember that.

The one thing I enjoy the most is being with my co-workers, since they can relate and are open and honest with me. When we share the same job, it is also fun to get into work.
Also, as soon as I get the hang of it, it is, of course, a lot more enjoyable. – less
Productive Company
Technical and Production Office (Former Employee), A Coruña, LondonJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: working atmosphere
Cons: spanish crisis situation
Main duties on a day:
· Technical studies, Project elaboration, planes design.
· Responsible of the receipt material, and quality programme
· Developing, monitoring and control of the construction
· Technical support to the chief and management committee
· Design and optimization of construction processes, monitoring time,etc.

Learning everyday from – more... my cooworkers on a challenging and enthusiastic atmosphere. – less
Exciting job with large responsabilities.
Deputy Project Manager (Former Employee), Santander, CBJuly 11, 2013
Pros: company phone. free meals.
Acciona is a large multinational with over 40,000 employees all over the world. My experience is reduced to a small group of 20-30 workers.
Great enviroment
Architect's Assistant (Former Employee), san luis potosi, mexicoMay 30, 2013
Pros: good enviroment
you get to create drafts for architect, you get to assist them and also learn their system
A great company to work in wind sector
Offshore Projects Engineer (Current Employee), Madrid and PamplonaMay 28, 2013
Pros: great interpersonal relation between employers and good team working.
Cons: lack of management
ACCIONA has taken on the mission of demonstrating the technical and economic viability of a new sustainable energy model and it focuses its activities on wind power, in which it is the largest developer and constructor of wind parks in the world, and second largest owner worldwide. ACCIONA is currently carrying out R&D to produce hydrogen from wind, – more... to manufacture more efficient wind turbines onshore and offshore, designing and working on the installation of novel floating turbine and floating wind resource met masts and developing new innovative offshore structures. It has a workforce of over 2,200 people. ACCIONA Energy is the energy division of ACCIONA.

Acciona Energy brings to me co-ordination the work within the Offshore R&D team and with other engineering departments, external consultancy or partners’ collaboration such as universities or subcontractors on engineering issues. Prepare project resource planning with Project Manager, process reports and project status reports to R&D Director (internal assessment) or Public Administration (external assessment). Engineering Budget assessment, technical project proposals preparation to R&D Project Calls, project meetings organization such as annual General Assembly, etc. – less
Sub-par management along with high demands
Former Employee (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: benefits okay
Cons: good luck getting any time for a vacation
I worked for this company in their Chicago office. My management was sub-par at best and demanded a lot from the employees. The pay was okay and the benefits were fine but because management is more focused on making money for the company as opposed to understanding what their employees actually do, much is lost in translation. This money-focused attitude – more... also makes it hard for management to understand the limits of their own employees and therefore expects them to perform miracles in a short amount of time.

I had wished to work in the wind industry because I believe in being dependent from oil but this company will steal your soul and run your beliefs dry for their own benefit. Think twice before accepting a position-unless its in the Spanish office, it appears they love working for the company (as evident by the previous five star reviews). – less

Kencito – March 27, 2013

5 years seen Spain great influx and US massive startup, then the US management blowing assets and wasted peoples talent. Low appreciation given to hidden pool that make things happen. Spain corporate appreciates their work force and supply base. Benefits so-so.

One day on board
stewardess, waitress, and job asistent (Former Employee), on boardFebruary 9, 2013
Pros: enjoy traveling, and now different persons all over the world
Cons: none.
I enjoy have contact with the passsengers, be helpfull. resolve all type of problems,, with passengers. i have learnd be peacefull, helpfull, Speak different lenguages, There was no hardest part of jobs, becouse I relly love my job.
Productive and good working environment
Laboratory Analyst (Former Employee), Bilbao, SpainJanuary 17, 2013
What I most enjoyed from this job is that I got to develop my skills and had a very practical experience where I had no supervision and had to manage my time and tasks to do.
Executive Assistant to the CIO
PA to the Corporate IT Director (Current Employee), Madrid, SpainOctober 8, 2012
Pros: team working, feel useful
Cons: getting up early in the mornings!
Day by day, I deal with all travel and agenda arrangements, conference calls, International meetings, events.
I love my job, and can not find the hardest part, as I feel happy with what I do.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be working for a team, feeling useful.
All office work
Electrical Systems Operator (Former Employee), chicago, ilAugust 2, 2012
Pros: pay
Cons: zero physical movement
I monitored wind turbine parks remotely; I only worked out of and office and found the job to be un rewarding.
Challenging withe diversity
Safety Advisor (Former Employee), GunningNovember 21, 2011
Continuity of work work was my main concern. The work was interesting and required continual attention.
Buen Ambiente de trabajo
----- (Former Employee), La Unión, MCJuly 20, 2014
Gran ambiente de trabajo, necesaria cierta dedicación propia.
Empresa en la que he trabajando muy satisfactoriamente hasta el cambio en la Dirección
Jefe de obra y Gerent de obras (Former Employee), Varias, TMJuly 7, 2014
Pros: la dirección te apoyaba
Cons: se trabaja en la actualidad con mucha incertidumbre
Los equipos con los que he trabajado extraordinarios.
Quedan muy pocos.
Bueno
JEFE DE OFICINA TECNICA (Current Employee), España /extranjeroJuly 7, 2014
El trabajo supongo que es el mismo que en cualquier empresa del sector, dedicación y esfuerzo.
Buen ambiente de trabajo, un buen equipo humano.
Administrativo (Former Employee), Madrid, MDJune 10, 2014
Pros: la gente y el ambiente en las oficinas.
Cons: ninguna
En Acciona aprendí muchísimo y marcó un poco mi vida ya que tuve la suerte de entrar con apenas 19 años. Los compañeros que fuí conociendo fueron casi todos estupendos, unos grandes profesionales de los que fuí aprendiendo de todos.

La parte más difícil, quizá los cierres, puesto que nos solíamos quedar hasta altas horas trabajando.
Un ambiente competitivo, para alcanzar muchas metas
Delineante Estructuras Metálicas (Former Employee), Madrid, MDMay 22, 2014
Pros: comedor, seguro privado, centro medico ambulatorio, gran empresa.
Cons: nada
un dia típico de trabajo, a contra tiempo, no me gusta dejar colgado un proyecto y sacarlo lo mas pronto y eficaz posible.
He ampliado mis conocimientos en cuanto a estructura metalica, con la ayuda de la gerencia orientándome de las mejores maneras, con los colegas genial no tengo nada malo que decir, dificil nada lo tomaba como retos por conseguir, – more... lo que me gusto es que pude conocer a personas geniales, aprender mas en todos los departamentos y sentirme satisfecha por los proyectos ejecutados en obra y ver todo lo que has hecho en plano en situ, se siente genial. – less
AMBIENTE POSITIVO
ADMINISTRATIVA OFICINA SEGURIDAD (Former Employee), Martorell, CTMay 19, 2014
Pros: horarios
Cons: ninguna