Position Title: Janitor
Hierarchical Dependence: AFS Supervisor
Location: Victoria, BC
Acciona Facility Services is currently seeking janitors who would be willing to work shift work and utilize their experience and knowledge as a professional floor tech. We are seeking the most experienced and qualified janitors who can work as a team player and independently. Occupational health and safety are of top priority. The successful applicants must pass a Reliability Status Security Clearance before employed with AFS.
This is a pre-screening selection process for potential 25 janitorial positions.
- Cleans and maintains areas such as washrooms, lounges, public entrances, guestrooms, offices and gyms.
- Maintains floors, stairways and carpets by performing tasks including sweeping, vacuuming, shampooing, dry/wet mopping, auto-scrubbing and floor refinishing (such as burnishing).
- Empties waste containers from a variety of areas.
- Disposes of waste according to waste stream and transports to a central collection area.
- Ensures proper recycling practices and disposes according to recycling stream.
- Completes task sheets and /or discusses any concerns and issues with the Lead Hand or Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Attends in-service, departmental meetings and education/training programs such as Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), and other training as required to keep current with janitorial terminology, technology, practices, safety issues and Acciona Policy and Procedures.
- May be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Must be able to stretch, bend and reach for prolonged periods to perform cleaning tasks in a hospital.
- Must be able to perform repetitive motions to clean floors, walls, ceilings, fixtures, countertops, sinks, toilets and all other equipment.
- Must be able to lift and operate cleaning materials, supplies and equipment, such as brooms, mops, auto-scrubbers and auto-burnishers.
- Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged periods.
- Identifies supplies required for ordering from suppliers. Monitors proper use and care of supplies and materials.
- Reports any noticeable maintenance problems or safety hazards to the Lead Hand or Supervisor.
- Duties may change from time to time, based on the requirements of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent knowledge of janitorial practices and procedures and occupational health and safety.
- Proficient knowledge and experience with various floor cleaning techniques.
- Must display a strong work ethic and initiative, and strive for quality work for superior customer service.
- Good stress management skills, including the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to maintain good working relationship with management, supervisors, peer and clients.
- Effective oral communication skills, including the ability to listen and display empathy.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Minimum of completion of Grade 12.
- Experience in housekeeping or janitorial service, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum 5 years living in Canada.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in English.
- Preference will be given to candidates with Reliability Status Security Clearance.
- Must pass Reliability Status Security Clearance.
Thank you to all who apply, however only the successful applicants will be contacted.
Please submit your application no later than December 21, 2012 by 16:00 hours.
Indeed - 15 months ago