The Help Desk Supervisor is responsible for managing the day-to-day planning, operation and problem solving to meet the operational requirements of the Help Desk, including the requirements of the service level agreement, service standards and targets, and overall supervision of the Help Desk Staff. The position is also responsible for the training, development, effectiveness and teamwork of the Help Desk staff to ensure superior customer service.
Wage: $40,000 - $45,000 depending on experience
- Supervises the Help Desk Operators and the operations of the Help Desk, which includes the monitoring and coordination of housekeeping services and activities.
- Monitors, evaluates and trouble shoots computer software, operating system software and software applications.
- Manages the day-to-day planning, operation and problem solving activities to meet the operational requirements of the Help Desk, including the requirements of the service level agreement, service standards and targets.
- Trains, develops and leads Help Desk Operators to ensure the effectiveness and teamwork of the Help Desk staff in their goal of providing superior customer service.
- In consultation with the Human Resources Manager, investigates and resolves human resources issues and problems involving staff. Provides coaching, and other disciplinary measures as per departmental policies and the Collective Agreement.
- Establishes, promotes and maintains the highest level of positive, effective relations with patients, patient’s families, visitors, hospital staff and others.
- Helps to establish and maintain a safe, healthy, orderly and pleasant work environment for staff and others.
- Receives inbound calls for service; assesses the nature, urgency and priority of the request; enters data into the computerized tracking system; ensures the accurate, timely dispatch of the work order to Housekeeping Associates; monitors the progress of the assigned tasks; tracks completion of tasks and records/reports final results.
- Employs effective dispatching logic to prioritize tasks, dispatching assignments to the appropriate staff in order of availability and proximity to maximize efficiency and minimize costs. Ensures dispatch equipment is clean and in good working condition.
- Provides and maintains an adequate level of supplies and equipment and makes purchase recommendations as required.
- Maintains highest level of confidentiality as it pertains to any Acciona business and reports.
- Acts as a liaison between the Help Desk and other departments in the hospital.
- Gathers and reports statistical information on Help Desk operations and activities according to established deadlines.
- Performs other duties.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of basic supervisory principles and practices and ability to supervise and lead staff.
- Knowledge of basic hospital housekeeping practices and procedures, including infection control.
- Knowledge of basic facilities maintenance practices and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience of basic dispatcher logic.
- Knowledge and experience of Help Desk Software.
- Ability to train staff and appraise work performance and discipline when necessary.
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot computer hardware, software and telephone technology.
- Must display a strong work ethic and initiative, and strive for quality work for superior customer service.
- Good organizational skills to plan, organize, coordinate and direct the activities of Help Desk Operators and Housekeeping Associates.
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with both individuals and in group situations.
- Good stress management skills, including the ability to work under pressure; remain calm and focused; and make sound decisions under stress.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact and communicate with a full range of staff, patients, guests and hospital personnel in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to physically perform the duties of the position, including the ability to sit for prolonged periods.
- Effective oral communication skills, including the ability to listen and display empathy.
- Effective written communication skills, including the ability to prepare correspondence and reports.
- Good computer skills and analytical skills, including the ability to prepare documents using Microsoft Office Suite applications (MS Word, Excel and Outlook [e-mail]).
- Minimum of completion of Grade 12.
- Completion of post-secondary training in computer systems, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Expert experience in Microsoft Office suite applications: MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Minimum of two years experience in a call center environment.
- Minimum of one year of supervisory experience.
- Prefer experience in a hospital environment.
- Preference to candidates who are fluent in Spanish.
We thank all candidates interested in this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 3:00 pm on July 31, 2013.
Indeed - 13 months ago
- 30+ days ago