ACCESS is a leader of warehousing and logistics in the agriculture industry. We are a division of Agrium Inc, who is a leading global producer and distributor of fertilizers and other agricultural products and services. Our business is growing and we are currently looking to expand our Calgary Alberta Team.
We currently have an opening for a Senior Logistics Coordinator at our Access Calgary, AB location.
Duties would include the following:
- Manage the overall daily freight and logistics operations in Calgary Alberta.
- Provide direction to the logistics and shipping group as well as drive process and cost improvements.
- Partner with key freight providers to ensure managed costs, effective time utilization, quality service and documented procedures.
- Maintain compliance requirements for Regina logistics.
- Responsible for supervising logistics staff and drivers.
- To co-ordinate and dispatch daily deliveries from the Calgary AB facility to various points in Western Canada.
- Supervise, scheduling and payroll of drivers,
- Manage preventative maintenance of fleet
- Audit trip sheets and drivers logs to ensure proper MOT compliance
- Ability to co-ordinate, monitor and bill 3rd party shipments
- Audit invoices for payment
- Arrange deliveries with common carriers as required
The successful candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Related post-secondary education or training, CITT graduate would be an asset.
- 3 years or more of related logistics experience in a fast paced environment in Supervision/Dispatch Role.
- Experience with and/or demonstrated knowledge of current supply chain strategies, systems and processes.
- Excellent Telephone/Communication/People skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong time management and priority allocation skills.
- Proficiency in Word/Excel, good keyboarding skills
- Ability to provide leadership and work effectively as part of a team.
- Background in inter Canadian/Inter Provincial transportation
- Knowledge of AS400 and TransPlus system would be an asset
Interested applicants should apply with their resume in confidence to www.cpsagu.ca/careers
Indeed - 4 months ago