Accenture Employee Reviews in Canada

everyday a learning experience
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMay 3, 2014
good ,helpful, management (open door policy)and co -workers always there when needed
helping internal customers on a regular day very rewarding to me.
hardest part lack of communication when new ideas implemented in the work place
Pros
regonized with monarie points, when you have gone beyond call of duty
Cons
co-worker always sick on a regular basis and having to cover her work load
Typical Day at Work
IT Operations Team Lead, Specialist - TEM (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesApril 28, 2014
I learned so many things at my current company, an employee for 7 years, including people management, client management, among others. Being grounded with the Core Values is really something I could be proud of for the management and my co-workers. This makes everything enjoyable to work on my current project. But of course, not all is easy, I also experience tough things including tight schedules, demanding clients, escalation. But at the end of the day, having a positive spirit would ease such issues, that's part of the operations anyway.
Very Good management and work
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 27, 2014
Have been with the same company for more than 7.5 years. I have learnt a lot through various roles and responsibilities. Each day has been challenging and exciting!
decent pay little respect
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  thorold ontarioApril 14, 2014
if your ok with being treated like and insignificant cog in a wheel then accenture is the place to work
Accenture is a good place to work
Software Engineer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, CanadaMarch 25, 2014
Accenture is a good place to work. Since, it was a production Support project, Work/Life balance was not pretty maintained.
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ONMarch 19, 2014
Accenture was my first job in Canada, but i must say I always felt as if I am working here since a very long period of time because all employees are so friendly there. Really enjoyed working at Accenture
Productive and fun workplace
Instructional Designer and Content Writer (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILMarch 14, 2014
There was only one goal and that is to produce results and having fun in the process.
Good Workplace
Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Mississauga,ONFebruary 27, 2014
I have learned professionalism while working in this company. Polished my skills.Learned various new business skills.
Accenture is a great employer
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2014
I greatly enjoyed working for Accenture. It is a fast paced environment that is supportive and fosters the learning of it's staff.
Start your career with Accenture
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 11, 2014
Great company to work for. Perfect work and life balance. Get to learn a lot from the technically sound colleagues.
Great consulting company with great people
Practice Lead and Manager Information Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 8, 2014
You get to work with really smart and shart people. And you learn every day.
Utilites and Energy Executive
Executive North American Utilities (Current Employee) –  TorontoJanuary 12, 2014
Responsible for Canadian Resource Industry Sales & North American Utilities. I'm also a strategic Sales Leader that drives large business case driven, complex consulting and outsourcing deals.

I specialize in large complex business development of all aspects of the utilities, energy, oil, gas and the mining business. I'm helping companies across Canada and the US drive through the challenges they face in the next generation of their Operations while delivering business value outcomes.

Specializing in Working on Business Operations, Go-to market strategies, business case development, grid modernization, customer care, Utilities Subject Mater Expert, large scale business and technology Transformation agenda's. I've also spent a great deal of my career working in regulated market and providing leading industry best practise to companies abroad.

My working experience in enabling business case justification through process transformation and technology execution is a daily event within my client discussion..

Focus areas are in Market Segmentation, Program Oversight, Account leadership, Negotiations, Strategy Development, Customer Care Experience and Operation Strategy.

Executive development, ERP Development, Plant & Field Services Strategy development, asset management & grid services strategy development and execution, Telecommunication, Outsourcing Strategy and execution, IT transformation, Strategy, Supply Chain within Generation, Transmission and Distribution. In addition experience in all major Software and Hardware technologies, Inclusive and not limited to Sap and Oracle.
Typical day
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCDecember 31, 2013
This is an inbound call centre with high volumes of calls. Types of calls vary but customers are usually upset about their bills or smart meters.Lots of collection calls and making payment arrangments with customers as well.

Typical day would involve sitting at a desk at least 96% of the day. This is tracked and if your not meeting this metric you get "coached"
The length of your call is tracked. Calls must be within a certain acceptable call length & if you dont meet this metric your "coached"
Customers can be rushed off the phone by an agent to meet this metric which is not good customer service. Some metrics can be very difficult to maintain.
Some of your calls are recorded and scored. This is also a metric.
There is verbatim scripting and you can get scored down on this metric for not using the exact words.This position is highly micromanaged and if you dont meet the metrics your shown the door.
This position leaves very little room for creativity and individuality.
If call volumes are low, they may send you home without notice.

Unless your one of the top performers, there is vey little choice as to what shift you work. You are hired as a "casual" with very little chance of becoming a permanent employee, so no benefits.
The other staff members are very friendly as well as the coaches, but the only thing management cares about is the numbers.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
micromanaged targets that are very difficult to meet
Fortune 500 clients, good experience
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 22, 2013
big company with access to variety of projects with Fortune 500 company, pay depends on workgroup associated too.
Pros
company culture, dinners, events, smart employees
Cons
long hours, advancement opportunities, pay isnt greatest
productive workplace with a supportive management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 2, 2013
A good place to start ones career and build a career path of ones choice
Competitive
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  TorontoNovember 14, 2013
Well organized corporate citizenship events
Convoluted performance review process
Friendly place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCSeptember 4, 2013
I worked here for 5 years and met many amazing people and was given lots of opportunity to advance
Pros
advancment opportunites
Cons
somtimes long hours
I wish that I was still there
Field Service Co-Ordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 30, 2013
I loved working at Accenture for BC hydro Utilities. I wish that I didn't get laid off
Fun workplace
Claims Analyst/Transaction Processing Rep (Current Employee) –  philippinesAugust 18, 2013
has work life balance at Accenture. I've learned so many things espicially in the business of Insurance, Being a billpayer is not really hard work it just need to focus and analyze every item or document I'm paying. I dont have any problem in the management it's just the salary is not that good enough.
Call Center Office Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBAugust 17, 2013
This was a stressful job since I had upset customers calling me all day. I learned how to deal with customers and how to work through difficult situations. I didn't have to work with anyone else, I basically just had to deal with each customers situation as they called in. My bosses always made me feel like I could never do enough, that I wasn't doing enough and there was more I needed to do to be better at my job. I didn't like the job very much and after deciding to move I left the job.
Pros
good hours, and breaks.
Cons
stressful work environment.