Accenture

Accenture Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work, Learn and Earn with fun and work-life balance
Manager (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHSeptember 6, 2014
Accenture has process oriented company. Where one will get to learn about the processes and strategies in all the business categories. It is perfect example of how the work culture should be.
productive and fun place to work
Instructional Design Analyst (Former Employee), Bangalore, KASeptember 5, 2014
Working with intelligent co-workers and experienced encouraging management.
Use of latest technologies.
Excellent support system.
work culture
BI Analyst (Former Employee), chicago, ilSeptember 5, 2014
good work life balance. low perks. good progress for people who can travel
WorkPlace Review
Associate Software Engineer (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: perks, employee engagement
Great experience overall.
It is one of the 9 big public sector in India and hence had a huge exposure.
I got to learn about a different work culture. Latest networking based technology used by them. Employees are given lot of perks and work environment is in accordance with employees
Nice to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHSeptember 4, 2014
Must work place, management is good and lots of opportunity to grab.
Quick learner
IT Operation Analyst (Current Employee), KolkataSeptember 4, 2014
VM Snapshot. I will never forget that day. It take more than 6 hours for take a simple snapshot. We took this snap because we need to incise the memory size.
Excellant Work Life Balance
senior software engineer (Current Employee), BangaloreSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: good work ethic. friendly colleagues where is to learn a lot from them.
Cons: environment adaptin, compensation and training.
Accenture takes a lot's of steps to ensure work life balance of it's employees. People have options to work from home all through the year(but not always.). Not much Work?pressure(not if you are unlucky).
Chance to learn new technologies/Methodologies.
It is an excellent company with work life balance and very good Job Culture.
Project Manager- Operational Transition (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRSeptember 4, 2014
It is an excellent company with work life balance and very good Job Culture.
Interesting projects
Manager (Current Employee), BostonSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: many different types of projects
Cons: not always terribly innovative
It's a large company with wide variation in management styles and expectations. Interesting projects--
Friendly and open workplace
Associate Software Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, IndiaSeptember 3, 2014
Accenture was great fun to work at. I only left because I wanted to complete my masters and I would love to return there in the future, if given the oppurtunity.
Work and Learn
Analytical Analyst (Current Employee), Gurgaon, HRSeptember 3, 2014
Good place to work if you want work life balance. Learning comes from the amount of effort you put in work.
Workplace and Enviornment
Sr. Project Analyst/ Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Noida, UPSeptember 3, 2014
The workplace is good. I can learn alot of things from there and the hardest part of the job was when I leave that.
fun place
PDO (Former Employee), Chennai, TNSeptember 3, 2014
Great place and friendly atmosphere. I did not faced any typical day.
I learned great knowledge and that was my first job after completing my degree.
Typical day
Mortgage Analyst (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: providing services for consumers, great benefits package
Cons: not consistent
A typical day at work is preforming services as a Home Service Specialist (HSS) also known as a processor. Currently processing refinanced loans for MHA (Making Home Affordable) program for Bank of America. The most enjoyable part of my is actually closing the loan and satisfying the customer. The management I had before were all great and unique in – more... their own way and definitely fought and tried to help in anyway possible. I am currently without management and I am still conducting business as usual. The hardest part of my job is the process of completing one loan, there are too much back and forth, between HSS, Underwriter, and Closer; the process of completing one is more difficult than it has to be. I learned a lot of patients as well as being able to roll with consistent changes. I am always trying to learn more. Accenture as a whole is a good company and always trying to the less stressful. – less
One of the Worst companies to work for
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Noida IndiaSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: good brand name
Cons: poor work life balance, unprofessional management
Your ordeal begins From the day you join. They first hire people and then put them on bench saying that their are no openings for his skill. Then you might be asked to cross skill to a different technology and start from scratch, the ordeal doesnt end here, now you may be asked to relocate to a different city,
I was surprised to see that they were hiring – more... for the skills for which people were sitting on bench !!! Their is hardly any coordination between the HR/ management.

You need a WBS(Charge code) for anything and everything, you need a notepad , you need to fill a form, email that , get that approved and what not.

HR
The HR is only for name sake, most of them sitting in a different city , you might work in noida and your HR in Banglore, if you are lucky and they are in the same city, they seldom hear you, even if you go to them with your grievances, dont expect them to help you coz only God knows what they remain busy with.

WORK LIFE BALANCE
You are supposed to work for over 10hrs a day, often extending you shift , working on weekends, working from home , and you dont get any comp. offs / over time for that . They dont even allow documenting that in your yearly appraisals as thats illegal !!!
Hardly any good projects left in Accenture, most big projects have been lost to its competitors like wipro, Infy , HCL, thanks to its inefficient Sales teams and management.
Most managers are self centered , only concerned about their promotions and hikes, while you work extra hours and not only do your work and your managers work, its the manager who ends up getting all the rewards and recognition.
Lots if internal politics. The Senior managers/ DU leads talk big however their are no results.
Ever since Accenture has grown big, the policies have become worse and more and more employee unfriendly. Even on bench you are supposed to do certifications, Take sessions.
If you don't do that , you are threatened of poor ratings and being fired out of the company.
Recently a female employee complained of being Harassed by her Team Lead and Manager , instead of taking action against the culprits, the female employee was fired, and the Team Lead and Manager still roam around freely working for this great company !!!!
Good , Hard working people hardly have a chance in such unpro. environment.
One of the AMs ,despite being a excellent performer has not got promoted since 4+ yrs, and has been shunted from Mumbai , NCR, Banglore.

APPRAISALS
The appraisals are hardly based on merit / performance , are based on managers whims and fancies. I have seen the most inefficient person getting promoted , when you ask them the reason , you are told about bell curves, and policies . (Management ploy to confuse you ). Dont expect over 7-8% hikes, The variable performance amount you actually get is only 50% of what is mentioned in your offer letterthough.
Even the rewards and recognition are hardly given to the deserving candidates, mostly go to the people who are loyal to the managers.

OVERALL
Overall a Highly inefficient and unfriendly company to work . In the name of cost cutting they end up making the company extremely unfriendly for its employees.
Employee satisfaction is lost in the maze of thousands of Policies ,Procedures and the Red Tape – less
Good
Functional Test Analyst and 1 (Current Employee), GurgaonSeptember 2, 2014
good company
Good work Environment
Good Exposure to cleints
Good
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KASeptember 1, 2014
I was part of development in india. it`s nice work with the team.
Hard Work and No Personal Life
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Bangalore, KarnatakaAugust 31, 2014
Pros: too much to learn, shift benefits
Cons: work culture
I like working hard but in a mannered way. I loved working with accenture as it gave me my 1st job and the feeling of my first salary and I learned lot of things like working under pressure situations, managing multiple things at the same time and to deal with different people with different mind sets. But now I want to enhance my skills and want to – more... work with some other organisation. – less
productive and fun place
Medical safety analyst (Current Employee), chennaiAugust 30, 2014
Pros: amex cards offered
Cons: no long hours
very good company. less work pressure.You get to learn more things.
Challenging and Interesting
Financial Crime Product Development Support (Current Employee), LondonAugust 30, 2014
Interesting. Challenging. Learned a lot. Appropriate responsibility.

About Accenture

For Accenture, the accent is on helping businesses improve their performance. The world's largest consulting firm, Accenture offers – Read more