Accenture Employee Reviews in Canada

frequent excellent lunches provided
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ONJanuary 12, 2015
The job is not an easy one as everything that we do is completely controlled and measured. There is no room for objectivity as everything is either black or white.
Pros
stability
Cons
poor shift diversification
Not the job for me
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ONJuly 14, 2013
Accenture is not the place for me. There systems and procedures need to be updated. To many chiefs not enough indians. The managers not friendly and respectful of there employees. You are working on the system all of a sudden it logs you out and you cant get back in. The billing is hard to explain to people ,they send out spread sheets with invoices. The people are down and depressed. The people are friendly for the most part.The hardest part of the job is trying to find info on the system they have. Its junk.....The most enjoyable part is when I drive home.
Pros
they give out lots of free food
Cons
mondays are always 10 hours and call after call
Different experience working in Canada and enjoyed working with people from Sunlife
Onsite Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMay 2, 2013
Learnt a great deal about business requirement analysis and how to translate those into technical design

It was also my first time to lead a team officially and had the opportunity to be fully accountable for a project from requirements analysis to implemenataion

It was a great experience presenting Technical designs to the client for sign-offs
Pros
great work culture, people ready to help around
Good company to work for
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton ABJanuary 22, 2013
Part of conversion team. Preparing data conversion from old legacy system to the new interface.

Very complicated processes, to ensure that the historic data translated correctly to the new scheme. Intensive testing including unit, system, regressive ands user testing.
Pros
great christmas party
Cons
You work with the best of the best people.
Manager, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesOctober 26, 2014
Typical work will be meeting with people of great minds.
The management will always bring out the best in you.
So many worthwhile work experiences. Great place to work with.
Customer Service BC Hydro
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, British ColumbiaJanuary 13, 2015
Average overall company. Do not like that you have to arrive at work before your shift without getting paid due to the company not having enough desks and computers for everyone.
Excellent new opportunities and work life balance
SAP NetWeaver/Basis Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaJune 18, 2014
Work life balance is outstanding.
Great place to Work.
New technologies to get hands on and best practice implementation.
Call Center Office Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBAugust 17, 2013
This was a stressful job since I had upset customers calling me all day. I learned how to deal with customers and how to work through difficult situations. I didn't have to work with anyone else, I basically just had to deal with each customers situation as they called in. My bosses always made me feel like I could never do enough, that I wasn't doing enough and there was more I needed to do to be better at my job. I didn't like the job very much and after deciding to move I left the job.
Pros
good hours, and breaks.
Cons
stressful work environment.
Productive and Enjoyable Workplace.
Executive Assistant / Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaNovember 29, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job was the special events that were regularly planned to get our team more interested in working and playing together. Everyone here at Accenture have been more than accomodating and great to work with.
The hardest part of my position specifically was it was a new position. That being said, had very little to no direction in the beginning. It took a while to get specific duties/tasks appointed.
I have learned more organization and ambition for tasks.
Pros
social events
Cons
location
Co-Domain Lead & Lead Consultant SAP MM & SRM (Current Employee) –  Frankfurt & DelhiOctober 9, 2014
Accenture: I really enjoyed working. Its quite positive work culture, which keeps you motivated. Senior leadership is quite aggressive, but supportive too. I got extended support in my professional development & learning.
Good values, people care, great culture; review process leaves one wanting
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  On the roadOctober 14, 2012
Great culture. Wonderful people. However, the ability to really be 'outstanding' is hindered by the fact that our leadership only cares about deliverables. They don't care about value if it isn't paid for...

Review process isn't great. It's not bad, but if you're proven to be great, and rated as such, certain things should be expected.
My Experience
Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 17, 2015
There is no life/balance.
Off hours work.
Overloaded with work.
Friendly place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCSeptember 4, 2013
I worked here for 5 years and met many amazing people and was given lots of opportunity to advance
Pros
advancment opportunites
Cons
somtimes long hours
Accenture is a good place to work
Software Engineer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, CanadaMarch 25, 2014
Accenture is a good place to work. Since, it was a production Support project, Work/Life balance was not pretty maintained.
Good working environment and tools provided
Customer Service Rep - Full-time (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 5, 2013
Call center environment with not much variety of tasks. A lot of time spent calming and teaching customers about their bills and about the electricity industry as a whole. Good learning experience but a lot of stress to heighten production and continuous monitoring of every available minute of work.
Pros
able to put my customer service skills to work
Cons
a lot of complaining customers
Utilites and Energy Executive
Executive North American Utilities (Current Employee) –  TorontoJanuary 12, 2014
Responsible for Canadian Resource Industry Sales & North American Utilities. I'm also a strategic Sales Leader that drives large business case driven, complex consulting and outsourcing deals.

I specialize in large complex business development of all aspects of the utilities, energy, oil, gas and the mining business. I'm helping companies across Canada and the US drive through the challenges they face in the next generation of their Operations while delivering business value outcomes.

Specializing in Working on Business Operations, Go-to market strategies, business case development, grid modernization, customer care, Utilities Subject Mater Expert, large scale business and technology Transformation agenda's. I've also spent a great deal of my career working in regulated market and providing leading industry best practise to companies abroad.

My working experience in enabling business case justification through process transformation and technology execution is a daily event within my client discussion..

Focus areas are in Market Segmentation, Program Oversight, Account leadership, Negotiations, Strategy Development, Customer Care Experience and Operation Strategy.

Executive development, ERP Development, Plant & Field Services Strategy development, asset management & grid services strategy development and execution, Telecommunication, Outsourcing Strategy and execution, IT transformation, Strategy, Supply Chain within Generation, Transmission and Distribution. In addition experience in all major Software and Hardware technologies, Inclusive and not limited to Sap and Oracle.
productive workplace with a supportive management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 2, 2013
A good place to start ones career and build a career path of ones choice
suitable for the new graduation
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dalian ChinaJune 26, 2014
it is my first job after graduation. the management team is really considerable for those new graduations. show yourself and you will have the level you deserve.
Productive but Hectic
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ONAugust 9, 2013
Fast paced work environment.
Really hectic at times and repetitive work.
Pros
lots of overtime opportunity
Cons
low pay and not enough scope of advancement
A good place to learn, a bad place to stay
Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  MississaugaSeptember 22, 2014
The turnover is high due to company strategy to recruit new grads and not paying attention to maintain talent.
Pros
a good place to learn
Cons
you are just a number to this company, so people comes and goes