Accenture Employee Reviews

Inbound Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ONJune 3, 2014
.Great benefits, great co-workers, hard working supportive management team, inclusive culture
Good learning environment
SAP Basis Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 15, 2014
Enjoy being with my Team
I started my SAP Basis career and had the possibility to grow and develop my skills
Supportive and understanding
Great Team to work with
Long hours in Project work
Working as a Team
Pros
great it environment
Cons
contract with bc hydro ended so was my employment there
The Best of the Best - Nobody else comes close
Partner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 29, 2012
Accenture developed a firm foundation for their business model in the early 60's. Their focus, integrity and leadership propelled them to the head of the pack, and they continue to outdistance their competition. Best firm I ever worked for.
Pros
leadership, training
Cons
long hours, highly competitive environment
Dynamic and engaging workplace that promotes a culture of continous learning and growth opportunities
Analyst-Finance, (FMT - Finance Management Team) (Former Employee) –  Downtown Toronto or central MississaugaJanuary 26, 2015
Highly recommend to anyone interested in working for a world class organization that is an industry leader in the core areas of IT, outsourcing, and consulting within numerous industries and business sectors, on a global scale.
Pros
excellent work life balance where employees are sincerely valued and appreciated on an ongoing basis
Cons
wish my contract didn't expire
Good benefits for the employees
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJuly 27, 2014
It offers good benefits to the employees. But the work is very difficult and no work life balance.
Pros
offers good benefits
Cons
no worklife balance
A busy and always changing environment bent on customer service
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJuly 11, 2013
a day at work can be fast paced with calls from angry customers disconnected of service or past due notices. Had to handle calls from customers regarding the smart meter projects and how to apply for power service for construction. I also educated people on reducing their costs or dealing with their accounts to keep them manageable. I also dealt with power outages on a small scale of a couple hundred to tens of thousands in larger outages planned and unplanned. I also helped people open and close accounts on move ins and outs as well as new company accounts not just residential.
Pros
teams had their own manager to turn to and activities
Cons
alot of overtime during storm season and no benefits or vacation pay
It is a diverse environment
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby BCOctober 10, 2014
Very structured. Co-workers are good and friendly. I learned about the Hydro structure, including Power Smart, Outages, Safety at work and outside.

The hardest part is that there is no flexibility in talking with customers. One has to structure the call to be within a timeframe (3-325 minutes) which leaves explaining to customers rushed.
Also if one is on call and extends to break period, you have essentially "lost" your break time and is considered non-compliant.

The most enjoyable is the people I work with and the camaraderie.
Pros
fair salary and benefits
Cons
no flexibility with time and breaks.
The position was internal technician support role, I worked in a team, reported to my manager, responsibility of over 200 desktops and 100 laptops,
Help desk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 10, 2013
 Successfully and completed the network upgrade project with teammates, set up new router and switch, changed all cables and connector, increase the LAN speed from 100M to 1G
 Built new system with different PC components base on employee requirement
 Resolved all the hardware and software problems, prepared the device as needed
 Installed the new system and upgraded exist system
 Successfully provided technology support for the internal employee
 Managed the user information on the server, improved the safety of employee account
 My co-work was very friendly, I learned many things and experience from them. I am respect them very much
 The job gave me the real work experience in Canada, learned the coporation culture, I helped the employee to resolved many problems, brought me the confidence
ok
Admin (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC, CanadaMay 17, 2015
Only had one assignment with them so no comment if there is other assignments available. Time sheets were entered electronically which is sometimes good depending if there is no technical issues. Has training sessions online for you to complete. Did not realize how international this company was until I was accepted into the role. Staff are ok. There is monthly session review with the manager to assess your job performance but these are super easy to fill out. There are training sessions prior to your start of beginning your job but work happens and these are useful. Overall, ok, but once you leave this company, you are unable to return. Heard this has happened to a number of other temporary employees as well.
Stressful envirmoent that demands to much of employees
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  burnabyApril 20, 2015
The company asks to much of employees and doesn't give enough. With no benefits but a pay percentage on your wage it is not enough. I am employed as casual but have over 40hr per week. They are not flexible, they do not consider individuals, you are one in many and its not a personal experiences
Typical day
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCDecember 31, 2013
This is an inbound call centre with high volumes of calls. Types of calls vary but customers are usually upset about their bills or smart meters.Lots of collection calls and making payment arrangments with customers as well.

Typical day would involve sitting at a desk at least 96% of the day. This is tracked and if your not meeting this metric you get "coached"
The length of your call is tracked. Calls must be within a certain acceptable call length & if you dont meet this metric your "coached"
Customers can be rushed off the phone by an agent to meet this metric which is not good customer service. Some metrics can be very difficult to maintain.
Some of your calls are recorded and scored. This is also a metric.
There is verbatim scripting and you can get scored down on this metric for not using the exact words.This position is highly micromanaged and if you dont meet the metrics your shown the door.
This position leaves very little room for creativity and individuality.
If call volumes are low, they may send you home without notice.

Unless your one of the top performers, there is vey little choice as to what shift you work. You are hired as a "casual" with very little chance of becoming a permanent employee, so no benefits.
The other staff members are very friendly as well as the coaches, but the only thing management cares about is the numbers.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
micromanaged targets that are very difficult to meet
SAP NetWeaver/Basis Consultant (Former Employee) –  AccentureJune 30, 2014
Great place to work, nice work life balance.
nice management
Good team members
Pros
gptw
Cons
no encouragement on opportunities
This was a 2-year project-specific temporary assignment.
Project Secretary (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 8, 2015
I spent 2 years at Colt working as Project Administrator for a specific project. This was a temporary assignment. A typical day could include meeting organization and attendance, word processing, creation of dual filing system, distribution of both documents and drawings, maintaining document control in Cyberdocs, supervision of one assistant and ultimately archiving of entire project.

I found my co-workers to be extremely helpful and especially enjoyed my Project Manager who was very professional and assisted me at any time I needed. The hardest part of the job was the commute.
Pros
Working with an excellent Project Manager
Cons
Very long commute
Typical Day at Work
IT Operations Team Lead, Specialist - TEM (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesApril 28, 2014
I learned so many things at my current company, an employee for 7 years, including people management, client management, among others. Being grounded with the Core Values is really something I could be proud of for the management and my co-workers. This makes everything enjoyable to work on my current project. But of course, not all is easy, I also experience tough things including tight schedules, demanding clients, escalation. But at the end of the day, having a positive spirit would ease such issues, that's part of the operations anyway.
Best among the Best BPO Company in the Philippines and other Country
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Accenture PhilippinesJune 22, 2013
Being a Data Analyst is not easy. It's not a common work, you need to analyze the data, you need to understand every single details, customer request and most of all what's the content of the order before you process the order or do the work. Management in Accenture is really good, I can say it's really strong. Also in this job you will learned a lot of things like proper compose of email, back office support and many more.
Pros
medical health card, sick leave with pay, absence leave with pay, meal allowance.
Cons
most likely working in night shift
Nice place to work-sometimes stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBAugust 21, 2015
taking 100+ inbound calls for natural gas-billing, scheduling, setting up accounts-setting up technical appointments. I leaned to be fast efficient and thorough. Hardest part of job was the irate callers. Enjoyable part of the day was knowing you had put 110% into your work and helped people.
Challenging and interesting
Software Engineering Team Lead (Current Employee) –  CalgarySeptember 27, 2014
The day at Accenture is full of challenges and lot of learning.

Understanding the business and their painpoints and streamlining the same with SAP HCM/success factors is a always very interesting and gives a lot of learning too.

Also managing the team and leading them in the right direction is also a great thing. They need to be motivated with work.

Going custom way to meet the requirement.

Getting client appreciation is really enjoyable.
Pros
non monetory benefits, free lunch
Good career model with good salary
Management Consultant - Strategy & Transformation (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, OntarioJanuary 20, 2013
Good career model with good salary, great co-workers, international work opportunities.
Great place to work!
Sourcing Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 4, 2015
Amazing Team and work is diverse and interesting! Accenture works in so many different areas an employee gains exposure to many different industries!
Consulting
Project/ Programme Manager (Former Employee) –  London, UKSeptember 12, 2015
Great people and excellent learning opportunities with support from senior leadership. The quality of clients helps aid this.