Accenture Employee Reviews

Nice place to work-sometimes stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB21 August 2015
taking 100+ inbound calls for natural gas-billing, scheduling, setting up accounts-setting up technical appointments. I leaned to be fast efficient and thorough. Hardest part of job was the irate callers. Enjoyable part of the day was knowing you had put 110% into your work and helped people.
The company is very diverse and you get to experience to travel for work with clients and project teams.
Project Control Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga27 June 2015
The company has a very structured performance management and empowers employees. You will be given the opportunity to travel when your skills are needed for an onshore assignement. Working as a team in this company is a great deal.
Pros
Great benefit
Cons
Long hours of work
ok
Admin (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC, Canada17 May 2015
Only had one assignment with them so no comment if there is other assignments available. Time sheets were entered electronically which is sometimes good depending if there is no technical issues. Has training sessions online for you to complete. Did not realize how international this company was until I was accepted into the role. Staff are ok. There is monthly session review with the manager to assess your job performance but these are super easy to fill out. There are training sessions prior to your start of beginning your job but work happens and these are useful. Overall, ok, but once you leave this company, you are unable to return. Heard this has happened to a number of other temporary employees as well.
This was a 2-year project-specific temporary assignment.
Project Secretary (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 May 2015
I spent 2 years at Colt working as Project Administrator for a specific project. This was a temporary assignment. A typical day could include meeting organization and attendance, word processing, creation of dual filing system, distribution of both documents and drawings, maintaining document control in Cyberdocs, supervision of one assistant and ultimately archiving of entire project.

I found my co-workers to be extremely helpful and especially enjoyed my Project Manager who was very professional and assisted me at any time I needed. The hardest part of the job was the commute.
Pros
Working with an excellent Project Manager
Cons
Very long commute
Dynamic and engaging workplace that promotes a culture of continous learning and growth opportunities
Analyst-Finance, (FMT - Finance Management Team) (Former Employee) –  Downtown Toronto or central Mississauga26 January 2015
Highly recommend to anyone interested in working for a world class organization that is an industry leader in the core areas of IT, outsourcing, and consulting within numerous industries and business sectors, on a global scale.
Pros
Excellent work life balance where employees are sincerely valued and appreciated on an ongoing basis
Cons
Wish my contract didn't expire
It is a diverse environment
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby BC10 October 2014
Very structured. Co-workers are good and friendly. I learned about the Hydro structure, including Power Smart, Outages, Safety at work and outside.

The hardest part is that there is no flexibility in talking with customers. One has to structure the call to be within a timeframe (3-325 minutes) which leaves explaining to customers rushed.
Also if one is on call and extends to break period, you have essentially "lost" your break time and is considered non-compliant.

The most enjoyable is the people I work with and the camaraderie.
Pros
Fair salary and benefits
Cons
No flexibility with time and breaks.
Challenging and interesting
Software Engineering Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary27 September 2014
The day at Accenture is full of challenges and lot of learning.

Understanding the business and their painpoints and streamlining the same with SAP HCM/success factors is a always very interesting and gives a lot of learning too.

Also managing the team and leading them in the right direction is also a great thing. They need to be motivated with work.

Going custom way to meet the requirement.

Getting client appreciation is really enjoyable.
Pros
non monetory benefits, free lunch
Typical Day at Work
IT Operations Team Lead, Specialist - TEM (Current Employee) –  Philippines28 April 2014
I learned so many things at my current company, an employee for 7 years, including people management, client management, among others. Being grounded with the Core Values is really something I could be proud of for the management and my co-workers. This makes everything enjoyable to work on my current project. But of course, not all is easy, I also experience tough things including tight schedules, demanding clients, escalation. But at the end of the day, having a positive spirit would ease such issues, that's part of the operations anyway.
Typical consulting firm - low work life balance, high turn over rate
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto1 March 2013
- A great company to start your career with...highly recognized from a resume's perspective
- Great people. Management provides meaningful career advice (specialization, skills, industry, etc)
- Opportunities to learn technology is limitless
- Very competitive...limited spots for promotions every year
- Highly political...at times high performers are not recognized due to lack of attention seeking activities
Pros
good place to obtain technology skills
Cons
company is growing too big too fast, management focuses too much on making profit rather than developing quality work
friendly work place
CIO Service Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  ottawa7 August 2012
• Provide professional telephone answering service
• Taking Interactive voice mail
• Filtering calls to various escalation team taking service for various companies
• Accommodate call overflow service
• Provide support for the Stanford Hospital response line for quick for technical support, such as password reset, network printer installation and multiple various technical services.
• Administer the online Myhealth internet tool for Stanford clinics.
• Web service and reservations systems by helping clients fill out forms.
• Web support & more for Future Shop and BestBuy Canada
Pros
work environment - working from home posibility
Cons
unstable late working hours
Not the job for me
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ON14 July 2013
Accenture is not the place for me. There systems and procedures need to be updated. To many chiefs not enough indians. The managers not friendly and respectful of there employees. You are working on the system all of a sudden it logs you out and you cant get back in. The billing is hard to explain to people ,they send out spread sheets with invoices. The people are down and depressed. The people are friendly for the most part.The hardest part of the job is trying to find info on the system they have. Its junk.....The most enjoyable part is when I drive home.
Pros
they give out lots of free food
Cons
Mondays are always 10 hours and call after call
Call Center Office Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB17 August 2013
This was a stressful job since I had upset customers calling me all day. I learned how to deal with customers and how to work through difficult situations. I didn't have to work with anyone else, I basically just had to deal with each customers situation as they called in. My bosses always made me feel like I could never do enough, that I wasn't doing enough and there was more I needed to do to be better at my job. I didn't like the job very much and after deciding to move I left the job.
Pros
Good hours, and breaks.
Cons
Stressful work environment.
Different experience working in Canada and enjoyed working with people from Sunlife
Onsite Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON2 May 2013
Learnt a great deal about business requirement analysis and how to translate those into technical design

It was also my first time to lead a team officially and had the opportunity to be fully accountable for a project from requirements analysis to implemenataion

It was a great experience presenting Technical designs to the client for sign-offs
Pros
Great Work culture, people ready to help around
Best among the Best BPO Company in the Philippines and other Country
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Accenture Philippines22 June 2013
Being a Data Analyst is not easy. It's not a common work, you need to analyze the data, you need to understand every single details, customer request and most of all what's the content of the order before you process the order or do the work. Management in Accenture is really good, I can say it's really strong. Also in this job you will learned a lot of things like proper compose of email, back office support and many more.
Pros
Medical Health Card, Sick Leave with Pay, Absence Leave with pay, Meal Allowance.
Cons
Most likely working in Night Shift
Productive and Enjoyable Workplace.
Executive Assistant / Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta29 November 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job was the special events that were regularly planned to get our team more interested in working and playing together. Everyone here at Accenture have been more than accomodating and great to work with.
The hardest part of my position specifically was it was a new position. That being said, had very little to no direction in the beginning. It took a while to get specific duties/tasks appointed.
I have learned more organization and ambition for tasks.
Pros
social events
Cons
location
Great place to work.
J1F/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philippines26 September 2012
My normal days at work was usually busy. What I have learned was to be more professional and need to work as a team in able to finish the task on time. The management provides their employees the needed support especially on the critical time of the job. Working with my co-workers was fun, although we have a normal busy day we still have fun while working and everyone in the team has a good work attitude. The hardest part of this job was having a long working hours. The part of the job that I enjoyed most was working with great people.
Pros
food and transportation allowance during overtime.
Cons
long hours of work.
 The position provided a worldwide technician support by 24/7, I worked in one of the help desk term focus on Asian market
Help desk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 January 2013
 Professionally communicated with client by Cisco Agent Desktop system
 Successfully resolved the technician problem by Technical Support Database
 Documented and reported the project status by HP service manager ticket system
 Professionally translated between technician team and clients
 Successfully resolved problems in Citrix system environment
 Professionally managed iPassConnect system, promoted the security from remote login
 The most difficult part was sleeping in daytime because this was a over night shift
 I enjoy to help people, when I resolved a problem, it made me feels very well
Too Many Ifs.
Client Services Representative (BC Hydro (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC22 August 2012
Great place to work however the following shortcomings are hard to ignore.

Becoming a permanent employee is not easy. Therefore one cannot realistically expect benefits or paid vacation within their first year of employment.

Metrics are micromanaged to the point where one has to choose whether one would prefer to take one's legally entitled scheduled breaks and be out of compliance or sacrifice one's legally entitled breaks and fall out of compliance (repeat 'offences' will literally cost you your job).
Pros
great trainers, peers and management
Cons
uncertainty of schedule, guaranteed hours, no benefits for a long time, and taking legally entitled breaks, out of schedule may cost you your job.
One Global network where support / help is available anytime
Manger (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2015
Dynamic Learning Environment / growth opportunity
Communication and Trust is instrumental
Co-workers are hard working and reliable/ respect for the individual
Every New project is a new challenge and new opportunity
Pros
Always meeting new people and being presented with new oppertunites
Stressful envirmoent that demands to much of employees
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  burnaby20 April 2015
The company asks to much of employees and doesn't give enough. With no benefits but a pay percentage on your wage it is not enough. I am employed as casual but have over 40hr per week. They are not flexible, they do not consider individuals, you are one in many and its not a personal experiences