Accenture Employee Reviews in Canada

Stressful envirmoent that demands to much of employees
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  burnabyApril 20, 2015
The company asks to much of employees and doesn't give enough. With no benefits but a pay percentage on your wage it is not enough. I am employed as casual but have over 40hr per week. They are not flexible, they do not consider individuals, you are one in many and its not a personal experiences
Dynamic and engaging workplace that promotes a culture of continous learning and growth opportunities
Analyst-Finance, (FMT - Finance Management Team) (Former Employee) –  Downtown Toronto or central MississaugaJanuary 26, 2015
Highly recommend to anyone interested in working for a world class organization that is an industry leader in the core areas of IT, outsourcing, and consulting within numerous industries and business sectors, on a global scale.
Pros
excellent work life balance where employees are sincerely valued and appreciated on an ongoing basis
Cons
wish my contract didn't expire
Productive and healthy time.
SAP Upgrade Program Delivery Lead (Former Employee) –  NavimumbaiMarch 15, 2015
Training to succeed.
Managing complex scenarios.
Capability building
Leadership meetings.
Project and program management avenues.
Enjoyable and productive workshops with real life experiences.
Pros
trainings and flexible working
Cons
hard work and long hours
Great MNC company to work with
Senior Software Engineer & Acting Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 24, 2015
- Challenging work with enough support from the team

- Have got good chance to work as Automation and Performance test engineer.

- Nice ethical place
Good place for startup candidates
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 20, 2015
Accenture is a nice place to work on with a group of great people, where I have learned a lot. It's a fun place to work too. However due to a large organization sometimes ideas/opinions from a low profile employee are overlooked .
Busy place, great co-workers
Mail Clerk/Utility Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond HillFebruary 10, 2015
Retrieve mail and open, sort distribute to co-workers.
I learned how to operate small mailroom
Management helpful and willing to listen to your concerns
Co-worker were the best part of the job
Tracing missing checks
Co-workers
Pros
flexable with time off
Cons
no cons
Good place to work on challenging projects and learn
Team Lead/Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Metro Manila, PhilippinesMarch 11, 2015
Accenture offers challenging products with top clients of the world because of which we are exposed to complex architectures client problems and in process get to learn many things.
Accentuyre - BCHydro
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Burnaby - BCApril 14, 2015
The team leads aren't very professional. You get let go very easily when all your stats are at the top, and you get no formal warning. Balancing work and personal life is very difficult.
It is a diverse environment
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby BCOctober 10, 2014
Very structured. Co-workers are good and friendly. I learned about the Hydro structure, including Power Smart, Outages, Safety at work and outside.

The hardest part is that there is no flexibility in talking with customers. One has to structure the call to be within a timeframe (3-325 minutes) which leaves explaining to customers rushed.
Also if one is on call and extends to break period, you have essentially "lost" your break time and is considered non-compliant.

The most enjoyable is the people I work with and the camaraderie.
Pros
fair salary and benefits
Cons
no flexibility with time and breaks.
Grade A Call Centre
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCFebruary 4, 2015
Lots of room for advancement, still very busy call centre atmosphere. good management, good pay, hours and scheduling is sometimes hard to manage and changes every 2 weeks, and as part time casual positon no benefits, no days off, not much leniency there
Challenging and interesting
Software Engineering Team Lead (Current Employee) –  CalgarySeptember 27, 2014
The day at Accenture is full of challenges and lot of learning.

Understanding the business and their painpoints and streamlining the same with SAP HCM/success factors is a always very interesting and gives a lot of learning too.

Also managing the team and leading them in the right direction is also a great thing. They need to be motivated with work.

Going custom way to meet the requirement.

Getting client appreciation is really enjoyable.
Pros
non monetory benefits, free lunch
frequent excellent lunches provided
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ONJanuary 12, 2015
The job is not an easy one as everything that we do is completely controlled and measured. There is no room for objectivity as everything is either black or white.
Pros
stability
Cons
poor shift diversification
True to its commitment of High Performance, delivered
Business Advisor Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesMarch 2, 2015
For almost 8 years being employed in Accenture, I dont have any negative comments about the company, only positive commendations.
Typical Day at Work
IT Operations Team Lead, Specialist - TEM (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesApril 28, 2014
I learned so many things at my current company, an employee for 7 years, including people management, client management, among others. Being grounded with the Core Values is really something I could be proud of for the management and my co-workers. This makes everything enjoyable to work on my current project. But of course, not all is easy, I also experience tough things including tight schedules, demanding clients, escalation. But at the end of the day, having a positive spirit would ease such issues, that's part of the operations anyway.
everyday a learning experience
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMay 3, 2014
good ,helpful, management (open door policy)and co -workers always there when needed
helping internal customers on a regular day very rewarding to me.
hardest part lack of communication when new ideas implemented in the work place
Pros
regonized with monarie points, when you have gone beyond call of duty
Cons
co-worker always sick on a regular basis and having to cover her work load
Call Center Office Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBAugust 17, 2013
This was a stressful job since I had upset customers calling me all day. I learned how to deal with customers and how to work through difficult situations. I didn't have to work with anyone else, I basically just had to deal with each customers situation as they called in. My bosses always made me feel like I could never do enough, that I wasn't doing enough and there was more I needed to do to be better at my job. I didn't like the job very much and after deciding to move I left the job.
Pros
good hours, and breaks.
Cons
stressful work environment.
Not the job for me
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ONJuly 14, 2013
Accenture is not the place for me. There systems and procedures need to be updated. To many chiefs not enough indians. The managers not friendly and respectful of there employees. You are working on the system all of a sudden it logs you out and you cant get back in. The billing is hard to explain to people ,they send out spread sheets with invoices. The people are down and depressed. The people are friendly for the most part.The hardest part of the job is trying to find info on the system they have. Its junk.....The most enjoyable part is when I drive home.
Pros
they give out lots of free food
Cons
mondays are always 10 hours and call after call
Best among the Best BPO Company in the Philippines and other Country
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Accenture PhilippinesJune 22, 2013
Being a Data Analyst is not easy. It's not a common work, you need to analyze the data, you need to understand every single details, customer request and most of all what's the content of the order before you process the order or do the work. Management in Accenture is really good, I can say it's really strong. Also in this job you will learned a lot of things like proper compose of email, back office support and many more.
Pros
medical health card, sick leave with pay, absence leave with pay, meal allowance.
Cons
most likely working in night shift
Different experience working in Canada and enjoyed working with people from Sunlife
Onsite Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMay 2, 2013
Learnt a great deal about business requirement analysis and how to translate those into technical design

It was also my first time to lead a team officially and had the opportunity to be fully accountable for a project from requirements analysis to implemenataion

It was a great experience presenting Technical designs to the client for sign-offs
Pros
great work culture, people ready to help around
Typical consulting firm - low work life balance, high turn over rate
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  TorontoMarch 1, 2013
- A great company to start your career with...highly recognized from a resume's perspective
- Great people. Management provides meaningful career advice (specialization, skills, industry, etc)
- Opportunities to learn technology is limitless
- Very competitive...limited spots for promotions every year
- Highly political...at times high performers are not recognized due to lack of attention seeking activities
Pros
good place to obtain technology skills
Cons
company is growing too big too fast, management focuses too much on making profit rather than developing quality work