Accenture Employee Reviews in Canada

Place to grow
SAP Manager Solution Delivery (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2015
It is place of opportunities
Lot of in house traing opportunities
Great place to work and good place to work
Good working environment
Pros
some times to try to grow
Challenging and Rewarding
Change Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  VancouverAugust 31, 2015
If you are willing to put the work in and know the direction you would like to drive towards you are able to make a long a fulfilling career here.
Too Many Ifs.
Client Services Representative (BC Hydro (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCAugust 22, 2012
Great place to work however the following shortcomings are hard to ignore.

Becoming a permanent employee is not easy. Therefore one cannot realistically expect benefits or paid vacation within their first year of employment.

Metrics are micromanaged to the point where one has to choose whether one would prefer to take one's legally entitled scheduled breaks and be out of compliance or sacrifice one's legally entitled breaks and fall out of compliance (repeat 'offences' will literally cost you your job).
Pros
great trainers, peers and management
Cons
uncertainty of schedule, guaranteed hours, no benefits for a long time, and taking legally entitled breaks, out of schedule may cost you your job.
Great place to work.
J1F/Analyst (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesSeptember 26, 2012
My normal days at work was usually busy. What I have learned was to be more professional and need to work as a team in able to finish the task on time. The management provides their employees the needed support especially on the critical time of the job. Working with my co-workers was fun, although we have a normal busy day we still have fun while working and everyone in the team has a good work attitude. The hardest part of this job was having a long working hours. The part of the job that I enjoyed most was working with great people.
Pros
food and transportation allowance during overtime.
Cons
long hours of work.
Best Place to Be
Senior Assistant (Customer Service Representative) (Current Employee) –  Philippines Delivery CenterJuly 30, 2015
Employees are challenged to do our best everyday. Employee engagement is encouraged and feedback is sought through surveys and try to come up with solutions to our concerns. The benefits are great.
Productive and healthy time.
SAP Upgrade Program Delivery Lead (Former Employee) –  NavimumbaiMarch 15, 2015
Training to succeed.
Managing complex scenarios.
Capability building
Leadership meetings.
Project and program management avenues.
Enjoyable and productive workshops with real life experiences.
Pros
trainings and flexible working
Cons
hard work and long hours
You will learn a lot, but politics will kill you
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 7, 2013
Fantastic talent to work with - mostly. Long days and very competitive environment. You will have to learn quickly (you will learn quickly). I had a superb managers and executives on the project side for 2+ years.

I think they are too focused on a singular platform (SAP) that we are almost married to them. Even if you aren't part of the SAP group, there is a high probability that you will end up working on that piece of technology. I also think its getting too crowded.

Recently, I have noticed that people with no credible management skills (people or project mgmt) getting promoted to senior management. And sometimes they abuse their authority. Not good, not wise at all. But that's the sad truth.

HR / talent management is almost non-existent. They have very limited resource management capabilities and certainly needs to have some fundamental changes - very frustrating at all levels.

Overall, good place to be - until you start hearing the song of politics.
Pros
great talent, good training programs
Cons
politics, abuse of authority
Fun workplace
Claims Analyst/Transaction Processing Rep (Current Employee) –  philippinesAugust 18, 2013
has work life balance at Accenture. I've learned so many things espicially in the business of Insurance, Being a billpayer is not really hard work it just need to focus and analyze every item or document I'm paying. I dont have any problem in the management it's just the salary is not that good enough.
Fortune 500 clients, good experience
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 22, 2013
big company with access to variety of projects with Fortune 500 company, pay depends on workgroup associated too.
Pros
company culture, dinners, events, smart employees
Cons
long hours, advancement opportunities, pay isnt greatest
ok
Admin (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC, CanadaMay 17, 2015
Only had one assignment with them so no comment if there is other assignments available. Time sheets were entered electronically which is sometimes good depending if there is no technical issues. Has training sessions online for you to complete. Did not realize how international this company was until I was accepted into the role. Staff are ok. There is monthly session review with the manager to assess your job performance but these are super easy to fill out. There are training sessions prior to your start of beginning your job but work happens and these are useful. Overall, ok, but once you leave this company, you are unable to return. Heard this has happened to a number of other temporary employees as well.
Nice place to work-sometimes stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBAugust 21, 2015
taking 100+ inbound calls for natural gas-billing, scheduling, setting up accounts-setting up technical appointments. I leaned to be fast efficient and thorough. Hardest part of job was the irate callers. Enjoyable part of the day was knowing you had put 110% into your work and helped people.
Dynamic and engaging workplace that promotes a culture of continous learning and growth opportunities
Analyst-Finance, (FMT - Finance Management Team) (Former Employee) –  Downtown Toronto or central MississaugaJanuary 26, 2015
Highly recommend to anyone interested in working for a world class organization that is an industry leader in the core areas of IT, outsourcing, and consulting within numerous industries and business sectors, on a global scale.
Pros
excellent work life balance where employees are sincerely valued and appreciated on an ongoing basis
Cons
wish my contract didn't expire
Stressful envirmoent that demands to much of employees
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  burnabyApril 20, 2015
The company asks to much of employees and doesn't give enough. With no benefits but a pay percentage on your wage it is not enough. I am employed as casual but have over 40hr per week. They are not flexible, they do not consider individuals, you are one in many and its not a personal experiences
Inbound Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ONJune 3, 2014
.Great benefits, great co-workers, hard working supportive management team, inclusive culture
This was a 2-year project-specific temporary assignment.
Project Secretary (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 8, 2015
I spent 2 years at Colt working as Project Administrator for a specific project. This was a temporary assignment. A typical day could include meeting organization and attendance, word processing, creation of dual filing system, distribution of both documents and drawings, maintaining document control in Cyberdocs, supervision of one assistant and ultimately archiving of entire project.

I found my co-workers to be extremely helpful and especially enjoyed my Project Manager who was very professional and assisted me at any time I needed. The hardest part of the job was the commute.
Pros
Working with an excellent Project Manager
Cons
Very long commute
Great place to work!
Sourcing Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 4, 2015
Amazing Team and work is diverse and interesting! Accenture works in so many different areas an employee gains exposure to many different industries!
Good learning environment
SAP Basis Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 15, 2014
Enjoy being with my Team
I started my SAP Basis career and had the possibility to grow and develop my skills
Supportive and understanding
Great Team to work with
Long hours in Project work
Working as a Team
Pros
great it environment
Cons
contract with bc hydro ended so was my employment there
Consulting
Project/ Programme Manager (Former Employee) –  London, UKSeptember 12, 2015
Great people and excellent learning opportunities with support from senior leadership. The quality of clients helps aid this.
Good benefits for the employees
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJuly 27, 2014
It offers good benefits to the employees. But the work is very difficult and no work life balance.
Pros
offers good benefits
Cons
no worklife balance
It is a diverse environment
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby BCOctober 10, 2014
Very structured. Co-workers are good and friendly. I learned about the Hydro structure, including Power Smart, Outages, Safety at work and outside.

The hardest part is that there is no flexibility in talking with customers. One has to structure the call to be within a timeframe (3-325 minutes) which leaves explaining to customers rushed.
Also if one is on call and extends to break period, you have essentially "lost" your break time and is considered non-compliant.

The most enjoyable is the people I work with and the camaraderie.
Pros
fair salary and benefits
Cons
no flexibility with time and breaks.