Accenture
2,954 reviews

Accenture Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
first job, all new career
HR ANALYSTE, Non-APEC PA Team (Former Employee), C19June 17, 2014
This is my first job in China. The buddy from ABS Dalian teach me so much about the work: how to run the report, how to issue the welcome package, etc. All I feel to this company is thank you.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Thorold, ONJune 16, 2014
This company is a nice company nice buiding good benefits as well
Inbound Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Thorold, ONJune 3, 2014
.Great benefits, great co-workers, hard working supportive management team, inclusive culture
everyday a learning experience
Administrative Support (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMay 3, 2014
Pros: regonized with monarie points, when you have gone beyond call of duty
Cons: co-worker always sick on a regular basis and having to cover her work load
good ,helpful, management (open door policy)and co -workers always there when needed
helping internal customers on a regular day very rewarding to me.
hardest part lack of communication when new ideas implemented in the work place
Very Good management and work
Team Lead (Current Employee), Melville, NYApril 27, 2014
Have been with the same company for more than 7.5 years. I have learnt a lot through various roles and responsibilities. Each day has been challenging and exciting!
decent pay little respect
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), thorold ontarioApril 14, 2014
if your ok with being treated like and insignificant cog in a wheel then accenture is the place to work
Fun Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Thorold, ONMarch 19, 2014
Accenture was my first job in Canada, but i must say I always felt as if I am working here since a very long period of time because all employees are so friendly there. Really enjoyed working at Accenture
Productive and fun workplace
Instructional Designer and Content Writer (Former Employee), Saint Charles, ILMarch 14, 2014
There was only one goal and that is to produce results and having fun in the process.
Great consulting company with great people
Practice Lead and Manager Information Management (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 8, 2014
You get to work with really smart and shart people. And you learn every day.
Utilites and Energy Executive
Executive North American Utilities (Current Employee), TorontoJanuary 12, 2014
Responsible for Canadian Resource Industry Sales & North American Utilities. I'm also a strategic Sales Leader that drives large business case driven, complex consulting and outsourcing deals.

I specialize in large complex business development of all aspects of the utilities, energy, oil, gas and the mining business. I'm helping companies across Canada and the US drive through the challenges they face in the next generation of their Operations while delivering business value outcomes.

Specializing in Working on Business Operations, Go-to market strategies, business case development, grid modernization, customer care, Utilities Subject Mater Expert, large scale business and technology Transformation agenda's. I've also spent a great deal of my career working in regulated market and providing leading industry best practise to companies abroad.

My working experience in enabling business case justification through process transformation and technology execution is a daily event within my client discussion..

Focus areas are in Market Segmentation, Program Oversight, Account leadership, Negotiations, Strategy Development, Customer Care Experience and Operation Strategy.

Executive development, ERP Development, Plant & Field Services Strategy development, asset management & grid services strategy development and execution, Telecommunication, Outsourcing Strategy and execution, IT transformation, Strategy, Supply Chain within Generation, Transmission and Distribution. In addition experience in all major Software and Hardware technologies, Inclusive and not limited to Sap and Oracle.
Typical day
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCDecember 31, 2013
Pros: decent salary
Cons: micromanaged targets that are very difficult to meet
This is an inbound call centre with high volumes of calls. Types of calls vary but customers are usually upset about their bills or smart meters.Lots of collection calls and making payment arrangments with customers as well.

Typical day would involve sitting at a desk at least 96% of the day. This is tracked and if your not meeting this metric you get "coached"
The length of your call is tracked. Calls must be within a certain acceptable call length & if you dont meet this metric your "coached"
Customers can be rushed off the phone by an agent to meet this metric which is not good customer service. Some metrics can be very difficult to maintain.
Some of your calls are recorded and scored. This is also a metric.
There is verbatim scripting and you can get scored down on this metric for not using the exact words.This position is highly micromanaged and if you dont meet the metrics your shown the door.
This position leaves very little room for creativity and individuality.
If call volumes are low, they may send you home without notice.

Unless your one of the top performers, there is vey little choice as to what shift you work. You are hired as a "casual" with very little chance of becoming a permanent employee, so no benefits.
The other staff members are very friendly as well as the coaches, but the only thing management cares about is the numbers.
productive workplace with a supportive management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 2, 2013
A good place to start ones career and build a career path of ones choice
I wish that I was still there
Field Service Co-Ordinator (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 30, 2013
I loved working at Accenture for BC hydro Utilities. I wish that I didn't get laid off
Fun workplace
Claims Analyst/Transaction Processing Rep (Current Employee), philippinesAugust 18, 2013
has work life balance at Accenture. I've learned so many things espicially in the business of Insurance, Being a billpayer is not really hard work it just need to focus and analyze every item or document I'm paying. I dont have any problem in the management it's just the salary is not that good enough.
Call Center Office Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBAugust 17, 2013
Pros: good hours, and breaks.
Cons: stressful work environment.
This was a stressful job since I had upset customers calling me all day. I learned how to deal with customers and how to work through difficult situations. I didn't have to work with anyone else, I basically just had to deal with each customers situation as they called in. My bosses always made me feel like I could never do enough, that I wasn't doing enough and there was more I needed to do to be better at my job. I didn't like the job very much and after deciding to move I left the job.
Productive but Hectic
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Thorold, ONAugust 9, 2013
Pros: lots of overtime opportunity
Cons: low pay and not enough scope of advancement
Fast paced work environment.
Really hectic at times and repetitive work.
• Around 7 years of experience in Complete Software Development Lifecycle involving Application Analysis, requirement analysis, system design, develop
Net Developer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 7, 2013
• Involved in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in developing the application.
• Created UML diagrams like Case Diagrams and used them in developing and testing the application.
• Involved in designing user forms, web pages, interfaces using HTML, CSS, XHTML, Web server Controls.
• Performed client-side and server-side form validations using JavaScript and ASP.NET validation controls respectively.
• Extensively used ADO.NET objects like SQL command object, data reader object, dataset object, data adaptor object for developing data access layer for the application.
• Involved in Database Design on SQL Server 2008 and responsible for writing Stored Procedures, User Defined functions, Views and Triggers using T-SQL.
• Involved in writing complex SQL Queries and provided SQL Scripts for the Configuration Data which is used by the application.
• Extensively involved in coding of Business Logic component using C#.NET
• Involved in understanding the Business Rules for Driver Record and Issuance Verification Solution (DRIVS) and implementing and integrating with existing modules in the application.
• Involved in enhancing and implementing new rules into the business logic using C#.
• Performed the move process for moving the application to various environments QA, UAT, Staging and Production.
• Supported the already implemented Dealer Licensing Registration Solution (DLRS).
• Implemented new Business Rules and change requests in the DRIVS module.
• Analyzed the existing module and fixed the bugs reported by the client.
• Actively involved in writing technical specifications and documentation of the project.
Not the job for me
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee), Thorold, ONJuly 14, 2013
Pros: they give out lots of free food
Cons: mondays are always 10 hours and call after call
Accenture is not the place for me. There systems and procedures need to be updated. To many chiefs not enough indians. The managers not friendly and respectful of there employees. You are working on the system all of a sudden it logs you out and you cant get back in. The billing is hard to explain to people ,they send out spread sheets with invoices. The people are down and depressed. The people are friendly for the most part.The hardest part of the job is trying to find info on the system they have. Its junk.....The most enjoyable part is when I drive home.
A busy and always changing environment bent on customer service
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCJuly 11, 2013
Pros: teams had their own manager to turn to and activities
Cons: alot of overtime during storm season and no benefits or vacation pay
a day at work can be fast paced with calls from angry customers disconnected of service or past due notices. Had to handle calls from customers regarding the smart meter projects and how to apply for power service for construction. I also educated people on reducing their costs or dealing with their accounts to keep them manageable. I also dealt with power outages on a small scale of a couple hundred to tens of thousands in larger outages planned and unplanned. I also helped people open and close accounts on move ins and outs as well as new company accounts not just residential.
Very good place
Consultant (Contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 8, 2013
Pros: positive place to work
Cons: sometimes it's a tough job
I loved it here and was sorry when my contract ended. I was renewed 4 times in 3 years. Great place.

About Accenture

For Accenture, the accent is on helping businesses improve their performance. The world's largest consulting firm, Accenture offers – Read more