Accenture

4.2K reviews

Accenture Employee Reviews

• Around 7 years of experience in Complete Software Development Lifecycle involving Application Analysis, requirement analysis, system design, develop
Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 7, 2013
• Involved in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in developing the application.
• Created UML diagrams like Case Diagrams and used them in developing and testing the application.
• Involved in designing user forms, web pages, interfaces using HTML, CSS, XHTML, Web server Controls.
• Performed client-side and server-side form validations using JavaScript and ASP.NET validation controls respectively.
• Extensively used ADO.NET objects like SQL command object, data reader object, dataset object, data adaptor object for developing data access layer for the application.
• Involved in Database Design on SQL Server 2008 and responsible for writing Stored Procedures, User Defined functions, Views and Triggers using T-SQL.
• Involved in writing complex SQL Queries and provided SQL Scripts for the Configuration Data which is used by the application.
• Extensively involved in coding of Business Logic component using C#.NET
• Involved in understanding the Business Rules for Driver Record and Issuance Verification Solution (DRIVS) and implementing and integrating with existing modules in the application.
• Involved in enhancing and implementing new rules into the business logic using C#.
• Performed the move process for moving the application to various environments QA, UAT, Staging and Production.
• Supported the already implemented Dealer Licensing Registration Solution (DLRS).
• Implemented new Business Rules and change requests in the DRIVS module.
• Analyzed the existing module and fixed the bugs reported by the client.
• Actively involved in writing technical specifications
  more... and documentation of the project.  less
Typical day
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCDecember 31, 2013
This is an inbound call centre with high volumes of calls. Types of calls vary but customers are usually upset about their bills or smart meters.Lots of collection calls and making payment arrangments with customers as well.

Typical day would involve sitting at a desk at least 96% of the day. This is tracked and if your not meeting this metric you get "coached"
The length of your call is tracked. Calls must be within a certain acceptable call length & if you dont meet this metric your "coached"
Customers can be rushed off the phone by an agent to meet this metric which is not good customer service. Some metrics can be very difficult to maintain.
Some of your calls are recorded and scored. This is also a metric.
There is verbatim scripting and you can get scored down on this metric for not using the exact words.This position is highly micromanaged and if you dont meet the metrics your shown the door.
This position leaves very little room for creativity and individuality.
If call volumes are low, they may send you home without notice.

Unless your one of the top performers, there is vey little choice as to what shift you work. You are hired as a "casual" with very little chance of becoming a permanent employee, so no benefits.
The other staff members are very friendly as well as the coaches, but the only thing management cares about is the numbers.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
micromanaged targets that are very difficult to meet
Utilites and Energy Executive
Executive North American Utilities (Current Employee) –  TorontoJanuary 12, 2014
Responsible for Canadian Resource Industry Sales & North American Utilities. I'm also a strategic Sales Leader that drives large business case driven, complex consulting and outsourcing deals.

I specialize in large complex business development of all aspects of the utilities, energy, oil, gas and the mining business. I'm helping companies across Canada and the US drive through the challenges they face in the next generation of their Operations while delivering business value outcomes.

Specializing in Working on Business Operations, Go-to market strategies, business case development, grid modernization, customer care, Utilities Subject Mater Expert, large scale business and technology Transformation agenda's. I've also spent a great deal of my career working in regulated market and providing leading industry best practise to companies abroad.

My working experience in enabling business case justification through process transformation and technology execution is a daily event within my client discussion..

Focus areas are in Market Segmentation, Program Oversight, Account leadership, Negotiations, Strategy Development, Customer Care Experience and Operation Strategy.

Executive development, ERP Development, Plant & Field Services Strategy development, asset management & grid services strategy development and execution, Telecommunication, Outsourcing Strategy and execution, IT transformation, Strategy, Supply Chain within Generation, Transmission and Distribution. In addition experience in all major Software and Hardware technologies, Inclusive and not limited to Sap and Oracle.
A learning warehouse if you are willing to learn.
Junior Procurement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 30, 2012
It's a dynamic workplace where you have opportunity and access to learn from a vast repository of in-house resources. The management may not always be supportive of the idea just like any other organization, but they will support you once you show some worth, desire, and benefits that you can bring to them.

Pros: One of the most respectable I.T. Consultancy corporation in global terms. The corporation itself invests lavishly in superior infrastructure as well as in its employees. If you can demonstrate competitive advantage you have to offer over others, there is room for quite a bit of advancement.

Cons: Ottawa office is a very small-set up in comparison to other global offices. This results in a very constricted set of requirements that they look for in people for advancement; which may not always seem to be a fair judgement of an objective mind.
Pros
great work environment, proper procedures.
Cons
small setup in ottawa.
The position was internal technician support role, I worked in a team, reported to my manager, responsibility of over 200 desktops and 100 laptops,
Help desk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 10, 2013
 Successfully and completed the network upgrade project with teammates, set up new router and switch, changed all cables and connector, increase the LAN speed from 100M to 1G
 Built new system with different PC components base on employee requirement
 Resolved all the hardware and software problems, prepared the device as needed
 Installed the new system and upgraded exist system
 Successfully provided technology support for the internal employee
 Managed the user information on the server, improved the safety of employee account
 My co-work was very friendly, I learned many things and experience from them. I am respect them very much
 The job gave me the real work experience in Canada, learned the coporation culture, I helped the employee to resolved many problems, brought me the confidence
A busy and always changing environment bent on customer service
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJuly 11, 2013
a day at work can be fast paced with calls from angry customers disconnected of service or past due notices. Had to handle calls from customers regarding the smart meter projects and how to apply for power service for construction. I also educated people on reducing their costs or dealing with their accounts to keep them manageable. I also dealt with power outages on a small scale of a couple hundred to tens of thousands in larger outages planned and unplanned. I also helped people open and close accounts on move ins and outs as well as new company accounts not just residential.
Pros
teams had their own manager to turn to and activities
Cons
alot of overtime during storm season and no benefits or vacation pay
ok
Admin (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC, CanadaMay 17, 2015
Only had one assignment with them so no comment if there is other assignments available. Time sheets were entered electronically which is sometimes good depending if there is no technical issues. Has training sessions online for you to complete. Did not realize how international this company was until I was accepted into the role. Staff are ok. There is monthly session review with the manager to assess your job performance but these are super easy to fill out. There are training sessions prior to your start of beginning your job but work happens and these are useful. Overall, ok, but once you leave this company, you are unable to return. Heard this has happened to a number of other temporary employees as well.
Too Many Ifs.
Client Services Representative (BC Hydro (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCAugust 22, 2012
Great place to work however the following shortcomings are hard to ignore.

Becoming a permanent employee is not easy. Therefore one cannot realistically expect benefits or paid vacation within their first year of employment.

Metrics are micromanaged to the point where one has to choose whether one would prefer to take one's legally entitled scheduled breaks and be out of compliance or sacrifice one's legally entitled breaks and fall out of compliance (repeat 'offences' will literally cost you your job).
Pros
great trainers, peers and management
Cons
uncertainty of schedule, guaranteed hours, no benefits for a long time, and taking legally entitled breaks, out of schedule may cost you your job.
Not the job for me
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ONJuly 14, 2013
Accenture is not the place for me. There systems and procedures need to be updated. To many chiefs not enough indians. The managers not friendly and respectful of there employees. You are working on the system all of a sudden it logs you out and you cant get back in. The billing is hard to explain to people ,they send out spread sheets with invoices. The people are down and depressed. The people are friendly for the most part.The hardest part of the job is trying to find info on the system they have. Its junk.....The most enjoyable part is when I drive home.
Pros
they give out lots of free food
Cons
mondays are always 10 hours and call after call
 The position provided a worldwide technician support by 24/7, I worked in one of the help desk term focus on Asian market
Help desk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 10, 2013
 Professionally communicated with client by Cisco Agent Desktop system
 Successfully resolved the technician problem by Technical Support Database
 Documented and reported the project status by HP service manager ticket system
 Professionally translated between technician team and clients
 Successfully resolved problems in Citrix system environment
 Professionally managed iPassConnect system, promoted the security from remote login
 The most difficult part was sleeping in daytime because this was a over night shift
 I enjoy to help people, when I resolved a problem, it made me feels very well
This was a 2-year project-specific temporary assignment.
Project Secretary (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 8, 2015
I spent 2 years at Colt working as Project Administrator for a specific project. This was a temporary assignment. A typical day could include meeting organization and attendance, word processing, creation of dual filing system, distribution of both documents and drawings, maintaining document control in Cyberdocs, supervision of one assistant and ultimately archiving of entire project.

I found my co-workers to be extremely helpful and especially enjoyed my Project Manager who was very professional and assisted me at any time I needed. The hardest part of the job was the commute.
Pros
Working with an excellent Project Manager
Cons
Very long commute
Typical Day at Work
IT Operations Team Lead, Specialist - TEM (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesApril 28, 2014
I learned so many things at my current company, an employee for 7 years, including people management, client management, among others. Being grounded with the Core Values is really something I could be proud of for the management and my co-workers. This makes everything enjoyable to work on my current project. But of course, not all is easy, I also experience tough things including tight schedules, demanding clients, escalation. But at the end of the day, having a positive spirit would ease such issues, that's part of the operations anyway.
Typical consulting firm - low work life balance, high turn over rate
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  TorontoMarch 1, 2013
- A great company to start your career with...highly recognized from a resume's perspective
- Great people. Management provides meaningful career advice (specialization, skills, industry, etc)
- Opportunities to learn technology is limitless
- Very competitive...limited spots for promotions every year
- Highly political...at times high performers are not recognized due to lack of attention seeking activities
Pros
good place to obtain technology skills
Cons
company is growing too big too fast, management focuses too much on making profit rather than developing quality work
Call Center Office Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBAugust 17, 2013
This was a stressful job since I had upset customers calling me all day. I learned how to deal with customers and how to work through difficult situations. I didn't have to work with anyone else, I basically just had to deal with each customers situation as they called in. My bosses always made me feel like I could never do enough, that I wasn't doing enough and there was more I needed to do to be better at my job. I didn't like the job very much and after deciding to move I left the job.
Pros
good hours, and breaks.
Cons
stressful work environment.
friendly work place
CIO Service Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  ottawaAugust 7, 2012
• Provide professional telephone answering service
• Taking Interactive voice mail
• Filtering calls to various escalation team taking service for various companies
• Accommodate call overflow service
• Provide support for the Stanford Hospital response line for quick for technical support, such as password reset, network printer installation and multiple various technical services.
• Administer the online Myhealth internet tool for Stanford clinics.
• Web service and reservations systems by helping clients fill out forms.
• Web support & more for Future Shop and BestBuy Canada
Pros
work environment - working from home posibility
Cons
unstable late working hours
Good for gaining experience
IT specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 25, 2015
Good place to work for few years to gain experience in desired field, possibly travel and experience different industries in different geographies.
However, be prepared to work very long hours under lot of project deadline pressure.
Consulting culture in Spartan... Sink or swim, So one project you could be a hero, the next you will be a zero and a candid for dismissal.

Most employees leave after 1 to 3 years.
Pros
gain expeirence
Cons
everything else is less than ideal
Dynamic and engaging workplace that promotes a culture of continous learning and growth opportunities
Analyst-Finance, (FMT - Finance Management Team) (Former Employee) –  Downtown Toronto or central MississaugaJanuary 26, 2015
Highly recommend to anyone interested in working for a world class organization that is an industry leader in the core areas of IT, outsourcing, and consulting within numerous industries and business sectors, on a global scale.
Pros
excellent work life balance where employees are sincerely valued and appreciated on an ongoing basis
Cons
wish my contract didn't expire
Challenging and interesting
Software Engineering Team Lead (Current Employee) –  CalgarySeptember 27, 2014
The day at Accenture is full of challenges and lot of learning.

Understanding the business and their painpoints and streamlining the same with SAP HCM/success factors is a always very interesting and gives a lot of learning too.

Also managing the team and leading them in the right direction is also a great thing. They need to be motivated with work.

Going custom way to meet the requirement.

Getting client appreciation is really enjoyable.
Pros
non monetory benefits, free lunch
everyday a learning experience
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMay 3, 2014
good ,helpful, management (open door policy)and co -workers always there when needed
helping internal customers on a regular day very rewarding to me.
hardest part lack of communication when new ideas implemented in the work place
Pros
regonized with monarie points, when you have gone beyond call of duty
Cons
co-worker always sick on a regular basis and having to cover her work load
Different experience working in Canada and enjoyed working with people from Sunlife
Onsite Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMay 2, 2013
Learnt a great deal about business requirement analysis and how to translate those into technical design

It was also my first time to lead a team officially and had the opportunity to be fully accountable for a project from requirements analysis to implemenataion

It was a great experience presenting Technical designs to the client for sign-offs
Pros
great work culture, people ready to help around