Regional Sales Manager, Hotel Zed & Accent Inns
We are looking to hire a Regional Sales Manager who has the drive for prospecting new business while increasing and maintaining revenue from assigned accounts through direct external sales efforts. We are looking for a dynamic, proactive person who is a self-driven enthusiastic individual that will take the initiative necessary for success. This position will be based in either Victoria or the Lower Mainland.
Who are we?
We are ranked one of the Best Places to Work in BC and the majority of our staff have been with us for over 5 years. Accent Inns has also been awarded the “Employer of the year” by the Victoria Chamber of Commerce.
We're a ridiculously fun & eclectic hip hotel in Victoria that is so completely awesome your mind will be blown! It's like nothing you've ever seen before: Vintage VW Van Shuttles, Typewriter Stations, Hi-Tech Media Hubs, and Comic-books in the bathroom... we are rebels against the ordinary!
Accent Inns is not your typical, stuffy hotel chain. Yes, we have modern, clean rooms, but we also like to have fun. Accent Inns is boastfully BC hotel chain with five locations; Victoria, Burnaby, Vancouver Airport (Richmond), Kelowna & Kamloops and each of them is a 2013 winner of the Trip Advisor “Certificate of Excellence.”
- Actively researching, qualifying and soliciting new business prospects through personal sales calls, lead follow ups, networking, ongoing correspondence and daily cold calling quotas.
- Successfully maintaining and building on existing clientele relationships that results in achieving and exceeding revenue/referral business goals.
- Preparing sales reports and maintaining accurate records of both current and potential business with complete follow through.
- Preparing, customizing and following up on proposals/contracts and responding to inquiries and requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Facilitating familiarization tours and participating in industry/trade functions and shows.
- Actively participating in regular sales meetings including providing data and feedback on competition and current market trends.
- Prepare proposals and presentations, and lead negotiations to meet the needs of both client and hotels.
- Active participation in community and industry related organizations.
- Results and revenue oriented with a proactive sales approach.
- Tour & Travel sales experience a strong asset.
- Hotel sales experience and an excellent network of contacts are required to succeed in this position.
- Effective prospecting/cold-calling skills and organizational/time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate with knowledge of a variety of computer software applications, including the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to set priorities for self.
If this sounds like you, and you are a high energy and fun individual to work with, please submit your resume to right away, and no later than July 31st, 2014.