Provide technical engineering information and interpretation of plans, detail sheets and specifications for contractors. Ensure construction work complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications and design instruction. Perform all functions and responsibilities in consonance with the company values.
- Assist the Project Manager and Superintendent in the day to day duties of a project’s administration.
- Working closing under the guidance and direction of the Project Manager and Superintendent learn Accel’s systems and methods.
- Assist in plan and spec analysis in order to provide clear trackable and coordinated interpretations of the design/drawings for construction.
- Research and recommend solutions to design document problems, conflicts, errors/omissions.
- Act as liaison with subcontractors in expediting drawings and related information.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date logs (RFI, Vendor/Subcontractor, Purchase, Owner etc.), track responses and advise the Project Manager and Superintendent of the status of RFIs.
- Obtain quotations for Notices of Change.
- Maintain and update the Shop Drawing Log, review Shop Drawings and submittals.
- Coordinate submittals and procure all close-out docs (warranties, Operating, Maintenance Manuals).
- Monitor field work, including contract work, to ensure compliance with company standards, procedures, specifications and codes.
- Participate in the continuous updating and accurate generation of as-built documents.
- Assist with the research and preparation of field change requests to resolve design issues. Conduct quality control activities in accordance with instructions, inspection programs, using specified control measuring and testing equipment.
- Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work as required.
- Understand and perform document control functions in accordance with on-site policy and procedures, including tracking and creating RFIs, transmitting and tracking of submittals, compose agreements, and maintain project expediting list.
- Attend project co-ordination and owner/contractor/architect/engineer meetings as requested/required.
- Co-ordinate periodic job-related photographs for records.
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and honing training skills in order to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
- Present oneself as a candidate for promotion by learning and understanding construction methods and developing good construction management skills.
- Perform additional assignments and responsibilities as assumed or requested by supervision.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- High rise and ICI experience is essential;
- Engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training plus a minimum of three years construction experience.
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, building materials, and required standards applicable to discipline.
- A basic understanding of a PM software package is an asset and proficiency in computer systems.
- Ability to assume responsibility and to interface and communicate effectively with others. Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to represent the company and project team in a professional manner to the Owner, Architect, related project staff and the community.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Indeed - 8 months ago