This position is for a Senior FPGA Designer. It reports to the Manager of FPGA. We are looking for a Senior FPGA Design Engineer that can actively contribute to all phases of FPGA development. This position requires a strong understanding in FPGA development from concept / architecture level to final implementation and verification of final design.
- Full FGPA design cycle involving architecture definition, RTL coding, simulation, timing analysis, synthesis, place & route and on-board testing.
- Build and maintains tools and processes associated with FPGA development.
- Participate in project planning activities.
- Understand product requirements, participate in software/FPGA partitioning and implement FPGA functional blocks.
- Work with other engineers on a team to integrate FPGA designs on projects that include hardware and software design components
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years of pertinent experience.
- Strong VHDL design and coding skills for synthesizable FPGA designs. Functional knowledge of Verilog will be an asset.
- Good understanding of FPGA design considerations including synchronous and asynchronous timing requirements and FPGA resource utilization.
- Experience with 3rd-party VHDL synthesis, simulation, and verification.
- Experience with scripting languages for tool automation and for FPGA validation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to produce clear, concise documentation.
- Passionate and self-motivated with the ability to learn quickly and independently.
- Team player capable to interact efficiently within multi-disciplinary engineering team.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- “Can-Do” attitude to overcome any kind of challenges.
- Ability to take full ownership of his task and project.
- Ethernet expertise is an asset. Knowledge of ASIC development methodology is a plus
- Bilingual (French and English).
Accedian Networks™ is the leading provider of High Performance Service Assurance™ solutions for Carrier Ethernet networks. Our family of wire-speed service demarcation and performance monitoring equipment consistently outperforms switches or routers. With a unique hardware-based FastPAAs™ processor at the core of every product, you get the lowest possible latency, most accurate and granular service performance monitoring and traffic conditioning currently available. Accedian Networks. We ARE performance!