Accedian Networks™ is the leading provider of High Performance Service Assurance™ solutions for Carrier Ethernet networks. Our family of wire-speed service demarcation and performance monitoring equipment consistently outperforms switches or routers. With a unique hardware-based FastPAAs™ processor at the core of every product, you get the lowest possible latency, most accurate and granular service performance monitoring and traffic conditioning currently available. Accedian Networks. We ARE performance!
Accedian Networks is looking for a proactive, dynamic and multi-tasking Reporting Accountant. Our business is currently growing at an accelerated pace, and we offer the exciting challenge of a startup environment in the leading-edge high tech sector. In this role you will be involved in the day to day reporting activities of our Corporate and International business segments. The position will report to the Company’s Financial Controller, based in Montreal.
- Prepare the monthly, quarterly and yearly consolidated reporting
- Prepare journal entries for payroll, fixed assets, prepaid expenses and some reconciling entries for the bank, AP & AR when necessary
- Apply internal control procedures (example Sox compliance)
- Reconcile variances on expenditure and revenue accounts
- Generate and process timely and accurate journal entries to general ledger as required in completing month-end closing
- Assist with annual audit ensuring accuracy of all information required by auditors
- Assist A/R and A/P departments in reconciling some accounts
- Verify and resolve account discrepancies with customers and vendors by reconciling statements and transactions, and investigating documentation
- Prepare and file monthly and annual remittances and act as liaison with government agencies both in Canada, the US and on an International basis
- Assist the financial analysts in some of the corporate and international projects
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (or finance if reporting experience)
- 2-4 years of relevant experience within an accounting department
- Experience within the public sector is a plus
- Experience with applying Internal Controls and SOX is a plus
- Previous experience with enterprise level ERP systems; MS Great Plains is a huge plus
- Independent worker and detailed oriented
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Experience in multi-currency and multi country environment is a plus.
Our employees enjoy excellent working conditions with a complete range of benefits
If you wish to pursue new challenges and integrate a growing, exciting environment please send your resume today!
Accedian Networks is a CPA, CA training office and encourages new graduates seeking the CPA, CA designation or other accounting designations to apply for this position
Accedian Networks is a privately held company located in Montreal, Canada and supported by an experienced management team and advisory board...