Acadia University

Acadia University Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Driver and security worker.
Driver / Security Officer (Former Employee), Wolfville, NSSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: the chance to meet students from all over the world.
Cons: intoxicated students.
This job was as a driver of the van that delivered students safely home. I also did some security work at football games, movies locations and to fill in for others.
Great environment
Accounting Society Member (Former Employee), Wolfville, NSSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: positive people
Cons: no pay
Great environment with little pay though. People were very positive.
Fun workplace with different cultures and different people
Teaching Mandarin (Former Employee), Wolfville, NSApril 15, 2014
A typical day at work:
● teach local residents, small children, and who will be interested to learn Mandarin in small classes
● usually 2 hours before dinner
Learned:
● how to teach different people at different ages
Co-workers:
● Students at the university
Hardest part of the job:
● how to make people be easy to understand Mandarin and pronounce it – more... correctly
Most enjoyable part of the job:
● Sometimes teaching and learning by games – less
found - another life
Liaison Officer (Former Employee), Wolfville NSSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: holding the hands and then letting the birds fly
Cons: not enough jobs for all the creative individuals
working with the greeness of students and watching them sprout into full-blown blossoms, after gaining work experience in the 'real' world while completing a degree, was a most fulfilling, worthwhile experience.......i had free-reign and appreciated the confidence my superiors had in me to 'run' my own show.......
Amazing Opportunity for Students
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Wolfville, NSApril 13, 2013
I worked with two professors for two years while attending Acadia University. I did not have set work hours, so I was able to work when I wanted. This flexibility allowed me to balance my school work and other commitments very easily. When I was working, I was doing such tasks as research, organization, communication with other institutions, marking – more... tests, publicity for the Acadia Theatre Company, and show research for upcoming productions.

Both of these professors were easy to work with and cared about furthering my education rather than just have me sort through large amounts of tedious paperwork.

I worked alone most of the time but often had other people come in to help, especially with publicity for shows.

This job easily fit into my university life. I was able to come and go as I pleased as long as I finished the work. The workload was not tremendous but was often challenging. – less
Very innovative
VP & Chief Innovation Officer (Former Employee), Nova Scotia, CanadaApril 19, 2012
Found Acadia very innovative and forward looking. The team was excitant, and talented. Felt as if I was making a difference.
Fantastic learning atmosphere, fun and interesting
Secretary (Former Employee), variousFebruary 9, 2012
Pros: great support and benefits, understanding and compansionate people, good working hours
Cons: nothing
Loved my time at Acadia. The people I had the pleasure of working with were very supportive, great team players, made everyone (from service personnel to staff to professors and students) feel like they were all apart of one goal...to serve the students and provide an atmosphere of respect and learning not only fun but thought provoking and interesting.
Un cadre de travail exceptionnel
Lectrice (Former Employee), WolfvilleJuly 29, 2012
Pros: un environnement arboré magnifique
Acadia est idéale pour qui débute sa carrière de prof, mais aussi pour ceux qui souhaite un développement de carrière à la fois prestigieuse et tranquille car c'est une petite structure où enseignants et étudiants se connaissent. L'ambiance de travail y est telle qu'il n'y a aucun problème de discipline à régler auprès des étudiants. Chaque département – more... fonctionne en relative autonomie d'où une liberté appréciable pour les enseignants.
Les relations entre collègues sont assez bonnes et le personnel administratif est très compétent. – less