Academy of Learning Employee Reviews

Unethical
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 October 2017
Misusing company time

Whether it is covering for someone who shows up late or altering a time sheet, misusing company time tops the list. This category includes knowing that one of your co-workers is conducting personal business on company time. By "personal business" the survey recognizes the difference between making cold calls to advance your freelance business and calling your spouse to find out how your sick child is doing.
Benefits
Flexible and Productive workspace
Student (Former Employee) –  British Columbia18 September 2017
The self-paced course work is easy to work the rest of your life around as well as being able to work on the courses for as long as you may need for harder subjects compared to subjects that may only take a couple days.
Pros
Self-paced flexible learning
Very good.
Paralegal Cell (Former Employee) –  Toronto Bay, ON22 August 2017
The locatin at the North York is the best.
Here is a college schol, it not a campy.
There have more than 200 students.
They came from dffencent countes.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Toronto13 June 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with mature students and the fact that they readily WANT to learn. The students were fun to interact with.
Bad school
Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2017
You're studies are on the computer, no teachers.Go on you tube better here ...So hard to understand for students. Don't loose your money here ,just spend the money somewhere ele .
Flexible
Consultant for perspective clients (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 January 2017
Not much memories about this company, but I do remember everyone in the company are friendly and passionate about their career. highly recommended if you are passionate in helping out ESL, this will be a great job for you.
Not Family Orientated
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 January 2017
Co-workers were awesome! Still friends after so many years and so many jobs.
Management is terrible, creating rumors of fellow co-workers to pit one against the other... it's sad really.
Productive and safe work place
Private Tutor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 December 2016
I work every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 5pm to 7pm.
Every student has his/her own cubicle where they work.I learned about patience and that everyone works at their own place as well as various ways to explain the same thing to someone. Co-workers are very nice and friendly, we help each other out with the kids when needed. The hardest part of the job is making the learning fun so that students find the will to learn and focus. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a clear improvement in students.
Pros
Reasonable hours
Cons
Having to stand while teaching
business is closing
Lead Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON25 November 2016
worked here several years unfortunately business is closing, enjoyed working and helping students achieve their goals.
Excellent progressive experience
Assistant In-take Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2016
School merged with a downtown Toronto campus. Due to small child, work distance and commute time, sadly, I had to resign.
Pros
Very educational.
Cons
I had to resign as I could not commute to the new merged campus location.
I enjoyed every opportunity and tasks I have been given in a very diverse employment history
Paralegal Clinic, Sheridan College Student Union (Former Employee) –  Union, ON6 August 2016
Working contract gave me the opportunity to experience many areas of employment and have given me a diverse knowledge in many areas.
Pros
A wealth of knowledge
Cons
Finding new opportunities
Not for me tried something new.
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC29 July 2016
I was not trained properly for the job that I applied. It was an Oncology department at a hospital and I did not feel comfortable doing the paperwork for chemotherapy. I talked to my immediate supervisor and we agreed that if I was not suited for the position then it was my choice so I went back to food services where I feel the most comfort.
Pros
great opportunity
Cons
not the right fit
Research this school before handing over your money
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 July 2016
its great for independent students. You're studies are on the computer, no teachers...very little help for students. I would spend my money else where.
Pros
Education
Cons
no teachers
Amazing
Student (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB4 March 2016
i would telling anyone who is looking to go back to school to go here. the girls there are amazing and so willing to help you
Managing my own company was very challenging and rewarding
Director of Training/Owner (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB28 December 2015
I earned a great understanding of other employers the rewards of being responsible for many attributes to a company that relies on your knowledge to maintain and operate a business of your own. The challenges that Employers face everyday, this ownership help me respect other employers reasoning in the decisions that need to be made to strive for the most valuable employees to strengthen the company, and its growth.
A busy school and I enjoyed working with students
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 September 2015
I began as a student after leaving Royal Bank of Canada and was asked to work for the school as I was updating my computer skills at the school.
Pros
Working with a small team effectively
Fast paced, productive atmosphere
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 April 2015
The Academy of Learning is always full of students wanting to learn and excel in their studies. Helping students realize their potential is a very gratifying experience.
Friendly learning atmosphere
Student - Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB19 March 2015
This school taught my all that I needed to learn to get a job as an Administrative Assistant.
I really enjoyed attending this school in Airdrie AB, as the staff and school director were very helpful as well as being fun to be with.
Pros
Friendly helpful staff, who are more then willing to help
Cons
No Cons
voluntary work
Accounting Assistant (Voluntary) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 February 2015
very good work atmosphere with lot of learning opportunities. Even though it was a voluntary I felt like a regular work and I took it very serious
Manipulative Staff
Client (Former Employee) –  1280 Finch Ave. W.28 September 2014
The admission registrar lies to fool clients to register into a program that its content is not what they are looking for. The financial aid administrator lies that as the program is offered by the head office and not their location, she cannot do anything about the refund and then gives a number for head office while after calling the number you will find out they only provide books for the academy and are not head office. And the director of the academy hides himself in his room to not confront with an unhappy, tricked by his staff client.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Very Very Unprofessional Staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Academy of Learning. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7