Academy of Learning

Academy of Learning Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly learning atmosphere
Student - Office Administration (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABMarch 19, 2015
Pros: friendly helpful staff, who are more then willing to help
Cons: no cons
This school taught my all that I needed to learn to get a job as an Administrative Assistant.
I really enjoyed attending this school in Airdrie AB, as the staff and school director were very helpful as well as being fun to be with.
voluntary work
Accounting Assistant (Voluntary) (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONFebruary 19, 2015
very good work atmosphere with lot of learning opportunities. Even though it was a voluntary I felt like a regular work and I took it very serious
Manipulative Staff
Client (Former Employee), 1280 Finch Ave. W.September 28, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: very very unprofessional staff
The admission registrar lies to fool clients to register into a program that its content is not what they are looking for. The financial aid administrator lies that as the program is offered by the head office and not their location, she cannot do anything about the refund and then gives a number for head office while after calling the number you will find out they only provide books for the academy and are not head office. And the director of the academy hides himself in his room to not confront with an unhappy, tricked by his staff client.
Enjoyed teaching and enjoyed the staff I worked with.
Instructor (Former Employee), Edmonton, AB.May 18, 2014
Pros: freedom to plan classes as necessary, and bring in equipment i deemed necessary for students education.
Cons: i felt i was uninformed as to expectations of management regarding wages.
I enjoyed this position and very much enjoyed the students.
Office Administrator
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Provided administrative support for regional office.
- Answering and screening phone calls, reference checking, welcoming visitors.
- Filing, scanning, arranging and classifying of confidential documents
Very fast pace job
Educational Facilitator (Former Employee), Windsor, OntarioFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: got us lunches when we had meetings
Cons: i enjoyed nice walks in the park nearby on my lunch and some students wanted to join me, but management said i shouldn't and so i wouldn't hurt my students feelings, i just stopped my walks.
Being an instructor was a very fulfilling job. I helped many adult students understand everything from how to use computers and programs and even more difficult programs.
I learned how to be patient with each student, since they all learned at different stages and to help them as much as I could.
My coworkers were really nice and the ones with experience where very helpful to me when needed.
The hardest part of the job is to say good bye to students I have helped and really grew to appreciate and respect for the hard work they put into their schooling.
Seeing the students get good marks on their exams and being respected by them and my coworkers.
Was a very good place to to work the hours you want saturday included
Student (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKFebruary 14, 2014
Work was good you could work the hours you want. students would help you out if needed. Obtaining the certificate increased my chance of finding work in the feild i wanted.
Stressful and unenjoyable place to work.
Facilitator in Training (Former Employee), Kingston, ONDecember 5, 2013
Pros: meeting the students and helping them with their studies.
Cons: watching the students being rushed through their studies.
Management was only concerned about how much money they could get from you and did not care about the students. They rushed you in your studies and didn't care if you were getting it or not. If you fell behind on a section of your course then it was taken off of the time of your next part of the course. Stressful and rushed job and management that only cared about how fast they could get a student out so the next new student they can get in is a hard part of the job. Helping students with their studies when they got stuck was the most enjoyable.
Great job!
Facilitator/Student Affairs/Admissions (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 7, 2013
Pros: continuous learning, great staff and students
Cons: can't think of any
Great place to work, and a great place to go to school. Parking used to be an issue on the south side but now they've moved to Millwoods it's perfect.
New Owners...Seeking What Works For Them
Education Program Sales (Former Employee), VictoriaApril 9, 2013
Pros: downtown location
Cons: unclear goals
Does the company want sales...or a student loan administrator?
I enjoyed working with a few co workers, however the majority were clearly only out for themselves.
Program Facilitator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 17, 2013
Students just didn't matter to most; when in reality, they should've been the main focus, not their money. THEM. Their education.
It was a very productive enviroment.
Relief Receptionist (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 16, 2012
Pros: fund raisers, student appreciation days.
I have no complaints. All the staff and students were a pleasure to be around. I enjoyed getting up in the morning going to school & to work. I've learned that I could do more with my life and what I have learnt I could apply it with my day to day living. I had fun.