Academy of Learning Employee Reviews

Productive and safe work place
Private Tutor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 December 2016
I work every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 5pm to 7pm.
Every student has his/her own cubicle where they work.I learned about patience and that everyone works at their own place as well as various ways to explain the same thing to someone. Co-workers are very nice and friendly, we help each other out with the kids when needed. The hardest part of the job is making the learning fun so that students find the will to learn and focus. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a clear improvement in students.
Pros
Reasonable hours
Cons
Having to stand while teaching
Excellent progressive experience
Assistant In-take Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2016
School merged with a downtown Toronto campus. Due to small child, work distance and commute time, sadly, I had to resign.
Pros
Very educational.
Cons
I had to resign as I could not commute to the new merged campus location.
Not for me tried something new.
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC29 July 2016
I was not trained properly for the job that I applied. It was an Oncology department at a hospital and I did not feel comfortable doing the paperwork for chemotherapy. I talked to my immediate supervisor and we agreed that if I was not suited for the position then it was my choice so I went back to food services where I feel the most comfort.
Pros
great opportunity
Cons
not the right fit
Not Family Orientated
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 January 2017
Co-workers were awesome! Still friends after so many years and so many jobs.
Management is terrible, creating rumors of fellow co-workers to pit one against the other... it's sad really.
I enjoyed every opportunity and tasks I have been given in a very diverse employment history
Paralegal Clinic, Sheridan College Student Union (Former Employee) –  Union, ON6 August 2016
Working contract gave me the opportunity to experience many areas of employment and have given me a diverse knowledge in many areas.
Pros
A wealth of knowledge
Cons
Finding new opportunities
Bad school
Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2017
You're studies are on the computer, no teachers.Go on you tube better here ...So hard to understand for students. Don't loose your money here ,just spend the money somewhere ele .
business is closing
Lead Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON25 November 2016
worked here several years unfortunately business is closing, enjoyed working and helping students achieve their goals.
Research this school before handing over your money
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 July 2016
its great for independent students. You're studies are on the computer, no teachers...very little help for students. I would spend my money else where.
Pros
Education
Cons
no teachers
Managing my own company was very challenging and rewarding
Director of Training/Owner (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB28 December 2015
I earned a great understanding of other employers the rewards of being responsible for many attributes to a company that relies on your knowledge to maintain and operate a business of your own. The challenges that Employers face everyday, this ownership help me respect other employers reasoning in the decisions that need to be made to strive for the most valuable employees to strengthen the company, and its growth.
Amazing
Student (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB4 March 2016
i would telling anyone who is looking to go back to school to go here. the girls there are amazing and so willing to help you
A busy school and I enjoyed working with students
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 September 2015
I began as a student after leaving Royal Bank of Canada and was asked to work for the school as I was updating my computer skills at the school.
Pros
Working with a small team effectively
Manipulative Staff
Client (Former Employee) –  1280 Finch Ave. W.28 September 2014
The admission registrar lies to fool clients to register into a program that its content is not what they are looking for. The financial aid administrator lies that as the program is offered by the head office and not their location, she cannot do anything about the refund and then gives a number for head office while after calling the number you will find out they only provide books for the academy and are not head office. And the director of the academy hides himself in his room to not confront with an unhappy, tricked by his staff client.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Very Very Unprofessional Staff
Stressful and unenjoyable place to work.
Facilitator in Training (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON5 December 2013
Management was only concerned about how much money they could get from you and did not care about the students. They rushed you in your studies and didn't care if you were getting it or not. If you fell behind on a section of your course then it was taken off of the time of your next part of the course. Stressful and rushed job and management that only cared about how fast they could get a student out so the next new student they can get in is a hard part of the job. Helping students with their studies when they got stuck was the most enjoyable.
Pros
Meeting the students and helping them with their studies.
Cons
Watching the students being rushed through their studies.
Friendly learning atmosphere
Student - Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB19 March 2015
This school taught my all that I needed to learn to get a job as an Administrative Assistant.
I really enjoyed attending this school in Airdrie AB, as the staff and school director were very helpful as well as being fun to be with.
Pros
Friendly helpful staff, who are more then willing to help
Cons
No Cons
Very fast pace job
Educational Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Ontario21 February 2014
Being an instructor was a very fulfilling job. I helped many adult students understand everything from how to use computers and programs and even more difficult programs.
I learned how to be patient with each student, since they all learned at different stages and to help them as much as I could.
My coworkers were really nice and the ones with experience where very helpful to me when needed.
The hardest part of the job is to say good bye to students I have helped and really grew to appreciate and respect for the hard work they put into their schooling.
Seeing the students get good marks on their exams and being respected by them and my coworkers.
Pros
Got us lunches when we had meetings
Cons
I enjoyed nice walks in the park nearby on my lunch and some students wanted to join me, but management said I shouldn't and so I wouldn't hurt my students feelings, I just stopped my walks.
It was a very productive enviroment.
Relief Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 July 2012
I have no complaints. All the staff and students were a pleasure to be around. I enjoyed getting up in the morning going to school & to work. I've learned that I could do more with my life and what I have learnt I could apply it with my day to day living. I had fun.
Pros
fund raisers, student appreciation days.
Enjoyed teaching and enjoyed the staff I worked with.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB.18 May 2014
I enjoyed this position and very much enjoyed the students.
Pros
Freedom to plan classes as necessary, and bring in equipment I deemed necessary for students education.
Cons
I felt I was uninformed as to expectations of management regarding wages.
Great job!
Facilitator/Student Affairs/Admissions (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2013
Great place to work, and a great place to go to school. Parking used to be an issue on the south side but now they've moved to Millwoods it's perfect.
Pros
Continuous learning, great staff and students
Cons
Can't think of any
Fast paced, productive atmosphere
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 April 2015
The Academy of Learning is always full of students wanting to learn and excel in their studies. Helping students realize their potential is a very gratifying experience.
Office Administrator
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2014
Provided administrative support for regional office.
- Answering and screening phone calls, reference checking, welcoming visitors.
- Filing, scanning, arranging and classifying of confidential documents

2.6