Academy of Learning

Academy of Learning Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyed teaching and enjoyed the staff I worked with.
Instructor (Former Employee), Edmonton, AB.May 18, 2014
Pros: freedom to plan classes as necessary, and bring in equipment i deemed necessary for students education.
Cons: i felt i was uninformed as to expectations of management regarding wages.
I enjoyed this position and very much enjoyed the students.
Office Administrator
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Provided administrative support for regional office.
- Answering and screening phone calls, reference checking, welcoming visitors.
- Filing, scanning, arranging and classifying of confidential documents
Very fast pace job
Educational Facilitator (Former Employee), Windsor, OntarioFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: got us lunches when we had meetings
Cons: i enjoyed nice walks in the park nearby on my lunch and some students wanted to join me, but management said i shouldn't and so i wouldn't hurt my students feelings, i just stopped my walks.
Being an instructor was a very fulfilling job. I helped many adult students understand everything from how to use computers and programs and even more difficult programs.
I learned how to be patient with each student, since they all learned at different stages and to help them as much as I could.
My coworkers were really nice and the ones with experience – more... where very helpful to me when needed.
The hardest part of the job is to say good bye to students I have helped and really grew to appreciate and respect for the hard work they put into their schooling.
Seeing the students get good marks on their exams and being respected by them and my coworkers. – less
Was a very good place to to work the hours you want saturday included
Student (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKFebruary 14, 2014
Work was good you could work the hours you want. students would help you out if needed. Obtaining the certificate increased my chance of finding work in the feild i wanted.
Stressful and unenjoyable place to work.
Facilitator in Training (Former Employee), Kingston, ONDecember 5, 2013
Pros: meeting the students and helping them with their studies.
Cons: watching the students being rushed through their studies.
Management was only concerned about how much money they could get from you and did not care about the students. They rushed you in your studies and didn't care if you were getting it or not. If you fell behind on a section of your course then it was taken off of the time of your next part of the course. Stressful and rushed job and management that only – more... cared about how fast they could get a student out so the next new student they can get in is a hard part of the job. Helping students with their studies when they got stuck was the most enjoyable. – less
Great job!
Facilitator/Student Affairs/Admissions (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 7, 2013
Pros: continuous learning, great staff and students
Cons: can't think of any
Great place to work, and a great place to go to school. Parking used to be an issue on the south side but now they've moved to Millwoods it's perfect.
New Owners...Seeking What Works For Them
Education Program Sales (Former Employee), VictoriaApril 9, 2013
Pros: downtown location
Cons: unclear goals
Does the company want sales...or a student loan administrator?
I enjoyed working with a few co workers, however the majority were clearly only out for themselves.
Program Facilitator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 17, 2013
Students just didn't matter to most; when in reality, they should've been the main focus, not their money. THEM. Their education.
It was a very productive enviroment.
Relief Receptionist (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 16, 2012
Pros: fund raisers, student appreciation days.
I have no complaints. All the staff and students were a pleasure to be around. I enjoyed getting up in the morning going to school & to work. I've learned that I could do more with my life and what I have learnt I could apply it with my day to day living. I had fun.
review
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee), Owensboro, KYFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: nice room, hours, great kids
I really enjoyed my job at Academy of Learning. The bosses are very knowledgeable and kind. The rooms are awesome.
Academy Of Learning
Two Year Old Teacher (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 22, 2013
I learned how to stay calm and teach the children all kinds of things like their ABC's, numbers, colors, and shapes and a lot more things. I loved working with the kids but I also need more money to.
Small daycare
Child Care Provider (Former Employee), Bardstown, KYJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: love kids
Cons: management
I was always the head teacher, i was with different ages at different times i was there. The last i was there, i ran the toddler room 1-2 year olds. I followed my lesson plan and loved that age group. This is when they really start developing their personality and show their emotions.
The management was not so great, we were losing kids more and more. – more... Director really didnt know how to run the place, her assistant did everything for her. I got along with every co worker i had to the best i could. I tried staying away from the drama.
Hardest part of the job was when i left, i was there for almost 3 years, that was my job that i loved. But i couldnt take dealing with the director anymore. I missed everyday seeing my kids and seeing them learn new things each day. They brightened up my day, even when i was having a bad day, my kids in the room turned it around with just a hug or smile. – less
Bad company to work for
Branch Owner/ Director (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GautengNovember 21, 2012
Cons: deliveries never on time
Very weak management at H/O
Very weak support to branches
No computer Systems in Place at H/O to manage operations
Friendly
MORNING SUPERVISOR/TEACHERS AIDE (Former Employee), Radcliff, KYJuly 22, 2012
Pros: teacher friendly
Cons: no structure
Teacher friendly, management issues and no structure. Kid friendly.
Willing to assist in tuition if credible
St.. Petersburg FL (Former Employee), Head TeacherNovember 4, 2011
Pros: good environment for children/ one hour breaks
Cons: no benefits to retire
The company has been in existence for many years. As with any Daycare there are always challenges through children and families. However Academy works very hard to assist all children.