Academy of Learning College Employee Reviews

Great staff; terrible management.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON13 November 2017
1) Great staff members / co-workers
2) Low salary, poor benefits, no salary increases
3) No leadership, poor management team
4) No support from management - they only provide blanket statements, no actual help
5) No job security
6) Increase of stress / fear of losing job
Pros
Co-workers are great
Cons
Poor management/leadership, low salary, no salary increase, poor benefits
there was no fun rooms
Administration assistant (internship) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 September 2016
my day at work was amusing, it felt like home. my supervisor was so nice and gentle with me. i learned to be punctual, trustworthy.my manger was like a brother not a boss,my coworkers were there for me whenever i needed them. the hardest part of the job is when clients are not helping you enough. the enjoyable part of the job is when i achieve my goal and satisfy the clients
Pros
free chocolate when i make 60 clients or more
Cons
i used to work over time to reach my goal
poor place to work
Instructor/Teacher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 November 2015
the management is very poor. we have nice colleagues, easy job to do, new things to learn at every update of books.very less chances of advancement
Productive and fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON18 November 2015
It is a very good clean and safe environment to work in. I enjoy my job and the people I work with. Everyday is fun and productive. Management is good as well.
Worked here as a Surveyor
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver BC1 September 2015
The owner's of the Vancouver and Surrey locations are very supportive and energetic people. They have created a very family oriented type of business. I believe they have set up a structure and business that will help link people to skills, then to jobs. They work very hard with their career advisor to place their students into the workforce.
The job itself, I was a surveyor. The schedule was very flexible, just like the school is designed. They allowed me to set a schedule that fit me, and my studies. I had to approach people and ask a few simple questions about whether or not they would be interested in learning some new skills, and if they would like better salaries/wages.
I also had to enter data by hand into our questionnaire sheets, then call to book appointments for a sit down with the admissions director.
If anyone is looking for a school that is very supportive in studies and in your work life, this is definitely a good choice. Just give the Vancouver and Surrey campus a call and book an appointment. Let them know Rich told you about them.
Good work experience, great staff and colleagues to work with!
FACILITATOR (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford / Langley23 July 2015
My working experience has been the best, I'm grateful for the opportunity to continue learning and gain vast knowledge through Academy of Learning College. It was a starting point towards my professional career that gave me a great experience to better improve myself as an individual.
Pros
enjoying the results that I helped with students in making a difference of their lives
Cons
Alot of personality that you have to deal with, especially negative people that you can't please.
improve professional accounting skills
Small Business Accounting Certificate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS7 September 2014
Good place to improve practical accounting related knowledge, such as hands-on bookkeeping and accounting software using experience.
Teaching
student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 August 2014
Good location, morning classes, excellent and helpful staff
Productive and forward thinking
Instructor/Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2014
A great entry level private career college for employment. Lots of opportunity to gain experience in education and instruction. Great staff and work environment is positive.
Pros
Positive staff
Cons
Limited to positon salary and contract

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Academy of Learning College. Our community is ready to answer.