We are currently searching for a reliable, confident, knowledgeable team player to join our company as a Lead QA Technician/Technologist who is ready to take on challenges and be part of a fast growing high tech organization. The Lead QA Technician is responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring the QA/QC activities within our assembly, production, commissioning and warehousing team members for our GPS telemetry and geomatics products. Also creating, implementing, and maintaining document control processes for releasing and delivery of our products. A certain amount of travel to support customers may be required.
Additional responsibilities include,
- Commissioning Wireless GPS, Iridium and Cellular modem products.
- Design, maintain, and develop all appropriate QA/QC procedures for our assembly, production, and warehousing teams to support our quality management initiative.
- Conduct quality control on all company products using the appropriate quality control guidelines.
- Develop, implement, and document all FQC (Field Quality Control) testing processes and checklists.
- Participate in the formulation, achievement, and review of the company’s quality standards and strategy.
- Recommend product documentation updates to ensure reference material is appropriate and useable.
- Learn product operational processes, documenting, and configuring of company products.
- Establish, investigate, and resolve issues and produce timely reports that relate to key performance indicators for area of quality product improvements.
- Track and trend all QA data for equipment tested, evaluated, and repaired at our facility.
- Assist with the design of test software improvements to maximize efficiency and improve quality to include documented recommendations for improvements and/or system corrections.
- Work independently and with support services colleagues to research and resolve complex technical issues while demonstrating willingness to learn when faced with new questions and situations.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Engineering Degree or Diploma in Electronic or Computer Information Technology is a minimum requirement.
- Minimum of 3-5 years minimum experience.
- Experience in commissioning GPS systems, Iridium and Cellular modems is a definite asset.