- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), plasma arc welding (PAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), oxy-acetylene welding (OAW), resistance welding and submerged arc welding (SAW).
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment.
- Operate brazing and soldering equipment.
- Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears and other metal straightening and bending machines.
- Weld 6 inch and up, vertical positioning.
- Repair worn parts of metal products by welding on extra layers.
- Required to removal metal and/or prepare materials for welding by gouging and grinding.
- Ensures all welding equipment is clean and functional.
- Assist with the maintenance and repair of welding equipment.
- May adjust welding heads and tooling according to work specifications.
- Hold a valid Grade B Pressure Welder Certificate of Competency; or
- A Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman Welder Certificate or Welder Trade Certificate along with a valid Pressure Welder Certificate where the test is identical to the Alberta initial test and conducted by the jurisdictional inspector, and a valid Performance Qualification issued by the jurisdiction.
- A minimum of 10 years of directly related work experience with 20inch to 42inch pipe size. As well as experience working with: crane operation, forklift operation, WHMIS training, confined space and fall arrest
- SMAW ticket, capable of welding 6inch and up
- Certified training with Safety Codes Act and the Pressure Welding Regulations
- This position may be required to direct, coach, and mentor apprentices.
The candidate must demonstrate a general knowledge of Welding Symbols, Welding Procedures, Fabrication Drawings, Visual Weld Inspection LPI and other Welding Quality Assurance Procedures.
SALARY: $42.90/hour to $43.90/hour, PLUS BENEFITS
PERMANENT FULL TIME ROLE, NORTHERN ALBERTA
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard