ABL Employment Inc Employee Reviews

Home Depot and UPS Baxter
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON5 May 2017
I worked at both locations. The pay was decent however, the home depot warehouse was brutal. The full-time employees who work for home depot do not care about the agency workers and would not hesitate to mock them. ABL didn't bother to hear my complaints.

At UPS baxter, it was great. sadly, the management at UPS decided to put new agency workers onto heavy machinery which obviously was not safe.
Pros
there's always work
Cons
dreadfully long hours
decent workplace
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON10 April 2017
typical day waiting for a last minute call to head into work and then enter a warehouse and complete and taks the suporvisor would ask of you to do at any time
Pathetic joke of a company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC10 April 2017
This is the most disgusting company I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. The Braindead Seacows that work in the New Westminster BC office should all be fired for their unprofessional work habits and gross attitudes. How this company secures any work for anyone I have yet to figure out. They are quite famous for "missing" days on your pay, being ignorant if you chose to turn down a job, and god forbid you actually turn down a job for unsafe work practices onsite, you'll find yourself "removed from their system". I'd recommend a welfare line and soup kitchen over these pathetic losers.
no room for advancement
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC5 April 2017
no room for advancement.
no complimentary vest/bag for some new ABL employee.
no time for employee's requesting to change schedule and find time for it
Work Day
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 March 2017
Check in with office for a job location and availability. Worked at location near home. Limited locations near home. Location worked at was loading engine blocks for cleaning then unloading line for packaging.
Pros
Work was ok
Cons
Steady nights
Try elsewhere
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2017
I am a fully qualified and certified forklift operator but cannot get work through this agency. They have used slander tactics preventing me from getting work avoid this agency
Pros
Cons
typical agency
Abl
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 February 2017
I really liked the people at ABL they helped me find a job more then once and they were really nice to me all the time everywhere they sent me to work I really liked and all the people that I worked will were great people
Flexable
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC30 December 2016
Good company for work while having a child due to the flexibility and placement in many positions. Child is past 3 years old now so looking for more full time consistent work whet i can utilize all my skill and abilities
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Low or at par pay
Awesome
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 December 2016
Its was awesome. Great to work there. Very good work environment. Awsome to work there. Really great. Very good work. Nice place to work. Excellent place to work. Really liked working there
Abl work review
General Labor, Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON2 December 2016
Abl was great for finding me a great position fast with good pay rate unfortunately it was not a temp to perm so there was never going to be a hire on. The employment agents were great aswell
Great Service to Work For if you Want to Work!
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  British Columbia17 October 2016
The recruiters seem to really do their best to fit you to the best job for your needs, and so long as you are willing to do the work, there is often positions available for a general labourer. The pay is fair for what you'd expect from a temp service. The followup is incredible. You're checked in with regularly, and you're treated as a person, not a number.
Pros
You're treated like a human being and you're able to talk with staff about anything
Cons
Work is temporary, but that's to be expected from a temp service.
Very nice place to work for
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 July 2016
It is a very nice place to work for. I worked for them well in school and on summer break.
The salary for some of the work is low, but it is a Temp Agency and if you think of it like that its not bad (not a salary you could make a life on, but will help in hard times)
Job Security also goes with my last paragraph. It is a temp agency, they wont always have work. I did rate them 5* here because when one job is done they try as hard as possible to get you another and keep you working.
Management. I gave them 4* here because a few times they have got my shifts mixed up. Asked me to show up at one time and the job didn't start for another 3 hours. Also advised them I was going on vacation and got a call almost everyday sometimes multiple times. They also apparently booked me in for a few shifts well I was away.

Overall I give them a 5* rating as a few mix ups here and there will happen anywhere.
Good job, if your given work.
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 July 2016
When the hours are available, its good. Decent hours depending on the job, lots of breaks when needed. Good way to get experience in multiple areas of a company. Down side would be when there's not enough jobs available. Doesn't usually last for to long though, usually picks up pretty fast.
Pros
Opportunity to develop experience in multiple areas
Cons
Lack of jobs available
Liars.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 June 2016
My mother and I signed up with ABL and applied for this job to package cookies. We went for the 'interview' and I was also told over the phone about the job.

It was a whole gimmick to get people to sign up because when we asked about the job, they said they have positions available but no one is needed at this time? Why are they advertising the job then if it's not available? My mom was sent to this one place folding linens and that is the only thing they have available. Nothing else which seems kind of strange considering all their ads for work that have been posted.

Definitely not happy over this as we really needed a job and they made it like we were going to be working full time in this cookie factory when really, they have nothing to offer.
Pros
So far there's none.
Cons
No work and lying to get you to sign up with them.
Typical Day
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC31 May 2016
My typical day would be shipping and receiving products. Doing paperwork, loading and unloading pallets with boxes and wrapping them properly.

Hardest part of the job would be a really heavy shipment otherwise it was manageable! My co-workers were friendly.
Pros
Drink Machine
Reliable
Warehouse Associate (Temporary Staff) (Current Employee) –  London, ON19 May 2016
I enjoy being an ABL worker. They are considerate when giving out assignments (like type of shift and ease of locating the place of assignment.
Productive and beneficial workplace.
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 May 2016
This position provided me with the entry level experience I need in the industrial skilled trades sector of Hamilton. Hard work but it will pay off. Lots of opportunity for promotion from within.
To me reliable work and quick placement
Polisher/finisher (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON13 February 2016
I was placed in a factory/warehouse placement. At ABL staff were wonderful and pleasant to deal with. I recommend them.

As for my placement well a typical shift did not feel like one coworkers everyone of them amazingly were great to work along side.
Very understanding company compassionate as well. I would have to say ABL does their homework when it comes to who they partner with. This is my experience with ABL and my last placement. Going back to Them for more employment. And no my placement did not end. I had to leave for family illness.
Pros
Lenient tolerant and dedicated. Quick setup of placement. Steady work
Cons
No benefits unless you get hired on, So no more cons
typical temp service
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Delhi, ON20 November 2015
low pay long hours mandatory overtime and NO job security

worked at various automotive plants around Ingersoll Tillsonburg and Woodstock.
Not enjoyable
general labour (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 November 2015
Said I was able to pick hours, when I could not take a job because of the location, I was belittled for not wanting to work. Some of their employees were okay, but others were not.
Pros
I got paid
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABL Employment Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4