ABL Employment Inc Employee Reviews

Liars.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONJune 17, 2016
My mother and I signed up with ABL and applied for this job to package cookies. We went for the 'interview' and I was also told over the phone about the job.

It was a whole gimmick to get people to sign up because when we asked about the job, they said they have positions available but no one is needed at this time? Why are they advertising the job then if it's not available? My mom was sent to this one place folding linens and that is the only thing they have available. Nothing else which seems kind of strange considering all their ads for work that have been posted.

Definitely not happy over this as we really needed a job and they made it like we were going to be working full time in this cookie factory when really, they have nothing to offer.
Pros
So far there's none.
Cons
No work and lying to get you to sign up with them.
Very nice place to work for
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 26, 2016
It is a very nice place to work for. I worked for them well in school and on summer break.
The salary for some of the work is low, but it is a Temp Agency and if you think of it like that its not bad (not a salary you could make a life on, but will help in hard times)
Job Security also goes with my last paragraph. It is a temp agency, they wont always have work. I did rate them 5* here because when one job is done they try as hard as possible to get you another and keep you working.
Management. I gave them 4* here because a few times they have got my shifts mixed up. Asked me to show up at one time and the job didn't start for another 3 hours. Also advised them I was going on vacation and got a call almost everyday sometimes multiple times. They also apparently booked me in for a few shifts well I was away.

Overall I give them a 5* rating as a few mix ups here and there will happen anywhere.
Typical Day
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCMay 31, 2016
My typical day would be shipping and receiving products. Doing paperwork, loading and unloading pallets with boxes and wrapping them properly.

Hardest part of the job would be a really heavy shipment otherwise it was manageable! My co-workers were friendly.
Pros
Drink Machine
To me reliable work and quick placement
Polisher/finisher (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONFebruary 13, 2016
I was placed in a factory/warehouse placement. At ABL staff were wonderful and pleasant to deal with. I recommend them.

As for my placement well a typical shift did not feel like one coworkers everyone of them amazingly were great to work along side.
Very understanding company compassionate as well. I would have to say ABL does their homework when it comes to who they partner with. This is my experience with ABL and my last placement. Going back to Them for more employment. And no my placement did not end. I had to leave for family illness.
Pros
Lenient tolerant and dedicated. Quick setup of placement. Steady work
Cons
No benefits unless you get hired on, So no more cons
Productive and beneficial workplace.
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 2, 2016
This position provided me with the entry level experience I need in the industrial skilled trades sector of Hamilton. Hard work but it will pay off. Lots of opportunity for promotion from within.
Reliable
Warehouse Associate (Temporary Staff) (Current Employee) –  London, ONMay 19, 2016
I enjoy being an ABL worker. They are considerate when giving out assignments (like type of shift and ease of locating the place of assignment.
I like working in a fast paced enviroment
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 1, 2015
I like working for this agency because they are very efficient finding you work but i do wish the contracts were longer so i feel secure and find a permanent place to work
Pros
like working with different people
Cons
not a long enough contract
Not enjoyable
general labour (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 3, 2015
Said I was able to pick hours, when I could not take a job because of the location, I was belittled for not wanting to work. Some of their employees were okay, but others were not.
Pros
I got paid
Cons
Everything else
Pass up on these guys
warehouse (Former Employee) –  New WestminsterJuly 2, 2015
This agency is one of the worse.. They will tell anything to get you to the job site.. Lies about the lenght of the assignment there biggest lie is that it's a on going assignment.. The pay is the lowest that it could possibly be.. If there paying you 12 bucks a hour just imagine how much of a cut they are taking.. They also like to play the guilt trip card too..
Pros
the only pro is it job if your desperate..
Cons
Too many to name
typical temp service
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Delhi, ONNovember 20, 2015
low pay long hours mandatory overtime and NO job security

worked at various automotive plants around Ingersoll Tillsonburg and Woodstock.
terrible management
warehouse labourer (Former Employee) –  New west minister, BCJune 29, 2015
Not sure if anyone else noticed but management is the worst I have ever seen. Staff's are too preoccupied with personal matter instead of being professional. Getting a job from them is easy but the communication is terrible. They will call you with unknown numbers about work and not prepare you with proper equipment right away.
Pros
Good start
Cons
on call, poor mangement, lack of structure
nothing fun
assembly line (Former Employee) –  ancaster ontarioSeptember 21, 2015
I have learned all the safety and the co-works were good the hardest part of the job was that i burned my hand. the enjoyable part of the job was when i was just standing at one place and doing the exact work over and over.
Its a very fast pace working Environment so i learnt a lot
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCAugust 16, 2014
Its a Good Company and they doing well. I learnt a lot while working with ABL as i get to interact with many people from different backgrounds, also learnt the Importance of a being a handy team member. Its a competitive environment so working with them help me aquire new skills and improve my skills.

The job is hard as its a moving company carrying objects weighing 70/100 lbs can be hard but i was fun i really enjoyed my time their in a very sweaty manner.
great agency
Walkie operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioMay 15, 2012
My day at work was very good and love the shift that I work. I have learned their standards and did all that the job describes as. The Management was great too and the co-workers was really nice and helped out when I needed help. The hardest job was lifting the mattress and unloading and loading them to how they wanted everything to me place for delivery. The most enjoyable part of the job was the hours and the people.
Pros
excellent hours
Cons
job finished
Good company to work for
Commercial building cleaner (Current Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 23, 2015
I would and do receive cleaning jobs for various apartment buildings. I am quite often working by alone. I find cleaning work enjoyable and the most enjoyable part of the job is how good everything looks when it is all cleaned.
Pros
always busy
Cons
on your feet a lot
Productive workplace with Fun people
Office Admin Clerk for "Day & Ross Trucking" (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, OntarioSeptember 16, 2013
Busy place inputting data and answering calls from customers to be, consignees, consignors, and drivers looking for delivery times, or directions.
So I am on the computer or phone constantly helping others or inputting Bills of Lading or Proof of Deliveries.
Pros
Paid weekly, the people in the office are great
Cons
can be dismissed without notice as is a temp agency
Productive, Fun Work Environment, Great People
Data Entry/Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 11, 2015
Working at ABL was a blessing, though for me it was only Co-Op, I enjoyed everyday that I was there. Being able to work with great people as your Co-Workers was a bonus, At ABL working at the front desk, you get this amazing sensation inside yourself because you are there to assist your future employees with finding work to better their lives for themselves as well as their family. I learned quiet a bit from my Manager and Co-Workers there, I had an amazing time working with them, I learned that you can have a fair balance of work and fun when the time was right and if it wasn't for everything I did at ABL I don't think I would be doing so well now in the working world as I am now. The co-workers there were outstanding and very friendly. The hardest part of my job was keeping tabs on my Co-Op school work while being busy with my day to day task's as an ABL Employee. The most enjoyable part was the people there, there's no doubt about it. They are friendly and polite to everyone that entered as well as to their fellow Co-Workers.
Pros
Group Lunches, Amazing People, Great Humour, Hard Workers
Cons
Was only Co-Op for me
Terrible
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton AreaNovember 10, 2014
Work for ABL if you're desperate for money in the short term. Most of their Hamilton placements are horrible and only pay minimum wage. The good thing about this place is that they will call you with some kind of job to do.
Pros
you'll get a job
Cons
everything else
alright place to work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 8, 2014
factory setting type of work
learned teamwork skills, patience, organization,
management was alright
co-workers came and went
keeping a temp job
interacting with the new and old employees of the workplace on breaks and after work
all the work was mindless and was just not for me.
Quality Inspection (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONFebruary 7, 2014
the job was a lot of quality inspection so a lot of standing around feeling useless, I did not like it not my style I like to keep busy. I did learn a lot about factory safety and inspecting parts so this is good.

2.4