Ability Learning Network is a registered Private Career College that offers skill training in building maintenance and repair and employment services and supports to people who require assistance to re-enter the labour market. We are seeking a full-time PROGRAM COORDINATOR to coordinate all aspects of the skills training program.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Program Coordinator will:
- Receive referrals to the Building Maintenance and Repair program and conduct intake interviews for potential clients;
- Conduct in-house information sessions for potential clients on a weekly basis;
- Liaise and coordinate with multiple funding contacts;
- Complete and submit accounting and billing reports to the Managing Director and funders;
- Serve as a principal liaison between students and staff, to external stakeholders and funders on a day-to-day basis on program issues, student needs, operational and administrative issues;
- Conduct community outreach for the purpose of developing relationships with agencies and employers seen as potential partners;
- Coordinate activities and work closely with other ALN staff involved in the training program, in particular, the Lead Instructor and Employment Specialist;
- Prepare reports and maintain program /project records and statistical information regarding the program;
- Perform or delegate clerical and administrative support tasks including creating, typing, editing of program correspondence, student reports, program reports and other publications.
Preference will be given to the following:
- Undergraduate degree or relevant Diploma in social or employment services
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience working with adults who face employment barriers
- MS Office software, email and internet
- Knowledge of community services, labour market, occupational requirements and job search resources
Salary commensurate with experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The deadline for applications is January 15, 2013 4pm.
Indeed - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard