Abilis

Abilis Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Active place to work
Residential Counselor (Current Employee), Greenwich, CTSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: helping other people
Cons: no breaks, poor compensation
During my work hours at Abilis I work overnights. They are typically easier than days. When I worked days we had so much that needed to be done in a 6 hour time frame. Overnight we have more hours and less to do. The hardest part of my night is getting everything done in the 2 or 3 hours in the morning. The thing I love most about my job is the people – more... I help. They make my day everyday I am with them. – less
Very friendly environment.
Associate Residential Counselor (Former Employee), Greenwich, CTMay 13, 2014
Pros: free meals, free training and certifications, friendly co-workers
Cons: too much outside family input.
My experience with Abilis was my first experience within this field and they welcomed me like apart of the family. They trained me to the best of their ability and followed my progress until I was ready to go out on my own. The company is E.O.C and they uphold and maintain that policy to the highest degree. The compensation/benefits package is determined – more... by experience and as employees experience grows, raises and advancements are given. – less
Not the best place to work
Former employee (Former Employee), Greenwich, ctApril 10, 2014
Cons: management creates hostile work environments
Management only calls you in when you do something wrong. The moral around this company is pathetic. This company creates a hostile work environment. Don't work here.
Don't work here
Anonymous (Current Employee), Greenwich, CTMarch 24, 2014
Pros: get to do some fun activities at work, the individuals with disabilities
Cons: pay, no advancement, lots of work, etc.
Very very low pay. No opportunity for advancement. Upper management are morons! Employees treated as if they are just replaceable. Lots of work for VERY low pay and not given the flexibility to work another job!
Good intent to help people with special needs
Employee (Former Employee), Greenwich, CTJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: clients
Cons: hr sucks, head nurse
Very, very low pay...most employees work two jobs to make ends meet. Very high turnover rate of employees... no one last there... Anyone working there for long time cares for clients
Not fun
Associate Counselor Duties (Former Employee), Greenwich, CTJanuary 21, 2014
None, didn't like it there. Too much work for too little pay.
Good
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Greenwich, CTAugust 31, 2013
It's an overall great place to work.... Nevertheless some of the things that goes on in management I'm wasn't happy with, but working here has opened my eyes to a whole new passion and maturity working with People with disabilities. It's so rewarding and self fulfilling.
An ok place to work while furthering your career in another or related field
Associate Counselor (Current Employee), Greenwich, CTJuly 19, 2013
Pros: 3 day weekend
Cons: non-flexible hours
I have worked here for a year and the management isn't the best, neither is the pay or benefits, but if you are looking to advance your career, its a great place to gain experience working with developmentally disabled individuals. You learn how to be patient!
I had an ok experience.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Old Greenwich, CTJanuary 21, 2013
I worked for a low salary and when I asked for the flexibility to work another job they declined. during my interview they begged for me to work there and said whatever schedule i wanted to work they were willing to grant me.
Good company to work for.
Assistant Program Manager (Current Employee), Greenwich, CTSeptember 12, 2012
I love working with the residents, and my employees are great also.
My supervisor is open to suggestions. Unfortunatelly as good as the employees are, they like to call out a lot, and we have to cover their shift, but we always manage to move forward.
Friendly working environment
One on One Youth Facilitator (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJuly 8, 2012
Abilis is a great company to work for. They have taught me new techniques and skills working with children with disabilities.
Management Staff are compassionate and wonderful as well.
MON MÉTIER APRES LES COURS
agent d'entretien le soir après les cours (Former Employee), Orléans la souceJune 11, 2013
Pros: le personnel
Cons: fatiguant
Dans sa globalité j'ai beaucoup aimé. J'ai appris à communique avec les autres. A gérer les cours et le travail, ça m'a permis d'apprendre à m’organiser.