Abercrombie & Fitch

Abercrombie & Fitch Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
K&M
Impact Team Member (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJuly 8, 2014
Pros: fast and friendly service, great management, great communcation, and positive attitudes
Cons: many people crack under pressure, and some mebers of management where not management material
K&M was a good place to work if you want to make money and get a lot of hours that is the place to be.
Didn't feel like i had a job
Model/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brandon, FLJuly 7, 2014
When they first said i had gotten the job i was so excited i told everybody, but as time went by i was never put on a work schedule. And when i finally got to work it was because someone took off for the day and needed someone to replace them.
Fun place to work for extra income.
Team Impact Leader (Former Employee), Redondo Beach, CaJuly 3, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: pay was little
Folding clothes was a main part of the job. Gained more customer service experience here and learned some problem solving techniques as well. Had to work with a team of employees on how to present the store neatly and in a quick manner.
Fun way to Meet People
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Northridge, CAJune 29, 2014
I loved working there and people were nice. It was a part time job I had during my college time
Relaxed, fun, energetic, and friendly environment
Assist customers (Former Employee), Aventura, FLJune 29, 2014
Pros: great hours and workplace
Cons: compensation
Relaxed environment
Friendly and fun co-workers and managers
Great hours
Amazing store and merchandise
Fun retail job
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 28, 2014
Pros: discounts laid back atmosphere
Cons: favoritism inconsistent schedule
The discounts were great, if you were well liked by the assistant mangers they gave you a lot of hours. Hours were all based off business needs as with any other retail job but if you folded your butt of more than likely you would be the associate getting those 20 hours a week the other part time employees are dying for.
Fun workplace
Overnight Stock (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 25, 2014
Very strict environment but I loved the setting, music and friends just folding clothes and setting the floor.
learned a lot about fashion and retail
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJune 24, 2014
Pros: good clothes
Cons: worked weekends
great place to work and learn about the up and coming trends for youngsters. great group of people, good hours, good benefits, and fun outgoing atmosphere.
My Summary.
Overnight Permanant (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJune 24, 2014
A typical day at work is as follows:
You clock in. Ask manager where they would like you to start. Fold clothes to store standard, and in a timely manner. Break. And clock out.
fun and cool place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee), westfield stratfordJune 23, 2014
I was a member of a highly effective sales team tasked with the responsibility of meeting set monthly targets coupled with achieving the highest customer satisfaction. As a member of a retail sales team, I was responsible to responding to customer queries and ensuring that we have above 80% of repeat customers.

Major accomplishments include:

 Developed – more... excellent communicating skills to relative with very diverse customers
 Delivered on placing order for diminished merchandise in an effective way and was always on schedule
 Continuously led process improvement to maintain store presentation and attract repeat and new customer
 Drove strategic initiatives to identify and resolve customer queries – less
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. provides a great entry level position for recent graduates.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNJune 23, 2014
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. helps you acquire essential management and ethical skills. The hardest part of the job, for me, was the hiring process that we were required to follow.
Slightly unorganized and hard to get along with current employees as a new employee entering.
Impact (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJJune 18, 2014
Pros: kept me busy
Cons: pay rate was low.
A typical day at work for me was uncomfortable, to me it seemed hard to fit in. I did learn a lot about retail in the short time that I worked there. Management was alright, I didn't get a chance to really get to know everyone individually and that goes for the co-workers too. The hardest part about the job was working the seasonal hours. The most enjoyable – more... part is that I was able to get my duties done and had the retail experience for jobs that I would apply for in the future. – less
Not a dream job
Impact Processor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 17, 2014
The hours are not consistent. Barely any work to do. Very prejudice about appearance in the hiring process. Management ma trick you into buying uncomfortable clothing. The wage is minimum. It's not the ideal job.
Team oriented
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orland Park, ILJune 16, 2014
Cons: short breaks, no hours scheduled, favortism
Had a bad experience, barely received any hours. Managers at the time showed favoritism. Certain rules weren't enforced store wide. Co-workers were fun and open however.
Complicated
Part-time Impact (Former Employee), CTJune 14, 2014
Pros: free candy and always smelling good
Cons: barely any hours. terrible pay
The hours for the job were terrible. Abercrombie has no quota for how many people they hire so they hire a ton of people and give slim to none hours to employees. The pay is terrible ( minimum wage) and the work can be a little stressful but overall, the work environment is great. The managers are young and relate able and are very chill but serious – more... at the same time. Hearing from other employees at other branches, managers at either Abercrombie, Hollister, or Gilly Hicks are very laid back and if you're on their being on their good side you'll get sooo many hours. My co-workers were ehh. The ones who had worked their since their diapers were big no- it alls because but some were extremely nice and helpful but eventually everyone becomes chill with one another. The hardest part had to be the time I had to complete stock room maintenance but with good time management everything was steady. I learned to do my job as smoothly as possibly and be extremely flexible and ready to stop in the middle of doing something to go and help a customer while also notleaving a room= multi-tasking to the max. – less
Fun work place
Stock Person (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 13, 2014
Good job to earn extra income. Flexible schedule and offers benefits packages for part-time employees.
Good work place
Overnight Associate (Current Employee), London, ENGJune 12, 2014
Pros: attractive salary rate per hour and easy work
Cons: short shifts, less hours provided in a week, favoritism on its extreme
i have really good working experience here, met new people and everyone is really friendly, apart from the management they don't care about their associates specially overnight staff, they are only concerned about the work, poor management and favoritism is on its extreme
High stress with low pay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAJune 11, 2014
Pros: work with hot people
Cons: work with incompetent, lazy, selfish, and untrustworthy individuals.
This company cares more about image than competency. While they strive to protect their image, management consists of almost zero teamwork understanding while their "models" are young and lazy people who are used to always getting their way and despise a good work ethic. There is also a big theft problem with no cash handling policy that enables this – more... company to know exactly who is stealing from them. Complete incompetency from top-down. – less
Social and Energetic work place environment
Sales Assistant / Floor Model (Former Employee), Westfield, ENGJune 10, 2014
Cons: short hours, not challenging enough
I learnt about how to communicate with customers and how to deal with problems or issues that came up. Developed my social skills, and remaining positive in difficult situations or when a customer was unhappy and had a complaint.
Worked the tills, so understood how to manage money, and if I made a mistake then I learnt how to correct it.
I helped motivate – more... my co-workers, keep a smile on everyones face and made sure we were all working hard.
The hardest part of the job was not having enough to do, I prefer to keep busy, and when everything was tidy and clean at work it could become quite boring and not challenging enough.

My favourite part was being trusted as a reliable colleague as I have worked there for the past three years, I can be trusted to work at the tills on my own, and my managers were very friendly as well as my co-workers. – less
Young and fun environment
Model, Sales advisor (Former Employee), London, W1SJune 10, 2014
Pros: 15 minutes of break for 5 hours shift
Cons: low pay
In A&F I've been hired as "model", so all my tasks were on the shop floor, the most important thing to do in excellent level was the costumer service.
Abercrombie is an fairly expensive brand so the flow of costumers wasn't comparable with the crowded Miss Selfridge in Oxford Circus, this gives the possibility of being as personal shopper for every – more... costumer. I think this was the most enjoyable part, as much as the chilled atmosphere with all the colleagues and managers.
The hardest thing was just in the weekends, sometimes was difficult to keep everything tidy pleasing all the costumers needs, but I never found it impossible, I enjoyed also the busiest moments because I'm a dynamic person. – less

About Abercrombie & Fitch

Trading on its century-old name, Abercrombie & Fitch (A&F) sells upscale men's, women's, and kids' casual clothes and accessories – Read more

Abercrombie & Fitch Photos