Abercrombie & Fitch

Abercrombie & Fitch Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work and met a lot of good people.
Impact team member (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: clothing was cheaper and the hours were only 5-6 hours.
Cons: really loud music and the smell sometimes.
I worked mostly in the back room. The big parts of my job were taking in new inventory, scanning it, censoring it, folding it and storing it in the right spot in the back room. I was also in charge of replenishing the sales floor with products from the back room that had already been purchased. Once every three months or so I would have to create new – more... floor sets. This meant I would have to steam, un censor, and hang all the new clothing being laid out on the tables and put on manikins. I would work long shifts back to back days to make sure everything was done. Other aspects of my job were running the cash register, explaining our sales to customers and folding clothes on the sales floor.

I learned a lot of stuff about retail. I almost feel I could manage a store myself. It was a great experience is terms of learning great customer service skills and having to be prepared to answer any of the customer's questions. I also learned about trying to get the customer to buy your product and trying to draw their attention to the product.

Management was great. My boss James Buckles was a true inspiration to me and taught me a lot about business/marketing when I was skill in High School. He taught me a lot more than just how to work hard and I appreciated every minute of it.

Co workers were great too. When I first started working there I was the youngest person but after working there awhile many of my friends from school began working with me. It was a fun atmosphere.

The hardest part of the job for me was having to have everything exactly perfect. I don't mind reaching for perfection but higher up bosses would point out the little things like "the lighting is off here and should be shifted a little of there." It was hard to reach their expectations sometimes but I understood thats what we should be trying for and thats what was expected of us.

The best part of the job was just helping the customers and just letting them know what was going on in the store. I really liked helping them out and being as nice and as helping as possible. It actually made me pretty happy. – less
Boring
model/ In-store (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJanuary 21, 2014
Typical day at work usually you just stand there and greet customers and fold clothes. What I learned in here is to be great customer helper. The hardest part of the job is to really fit in with your co-worker. But I enjoy and laugh being in the store and just walk around and fold every clothes I see and basically get a discount on their clothing.
Disorganized Workplace
Cashier work (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAJanuary 21, 2014
Management was not on the same page.
Breaks and duties were not given regularly.
The worker moved very lethargic.
I felt 7.25 wasn't enough for what was asked for me.
fast paced work place
Stock Clerks- Stockroom (Former Employee), garden city new york roosvelt field mallJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: the people the staff
Cons: management
at abercombie and fitch was a bit hetic but i manage to keep up the work load great team staff love the staff i work with.
easy, fun workplace
associate (Former Employee), Valencia, CAJanuary 20, 2014
Abercrombie will teach you about standard and presentation. For the most part, it's an easy and laid back work environment. There are days where you will have to stay late to help with floorset and things that change throughout the season, but it was always fun working there.
Nice environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 17, 2014
Cons: short breaks, bad pay
In a very recent situation at the retail shop that I work at, I was back-stocking the stock room when one of my co-workers called me to help with a difficult customer that was not satisfied with the price adjustment they received. They knew to call me because I am bilingual (the customer only spoke Spanish) and am always able to multitask. I was able – more... to juggle my back-stocking work from the back with my customer service experience in the front of the store. With this experience, I was able to provide the customer with the correct information they needed in a timely matter and that customer left satisfied when before they were on the verge of calling a manager. Overall, I was able to provide my great customer service skills to prevent a problem becoming bigger than what it needed to be. – less
Fun interacting with customers
Impact Team Member (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 17, 2014
Greeting the customers, providing great customer service and maintaining the sales floor.
N/A
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJanuary 15, 2014
busy place to work. but you meet different people daily and you learn alot.
fun place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 15, 2014
great benefits, bad pay, young inexperienced management team
A&F was the best
Model/ Cashier (Former Employee), Langhorne, PAJanuary 15, 2014
if it wasn't so far & I didn't go back to school I would still be there. I miss them
Exciting and fast paced work environment.
Visual Manager (Current Employee), Lehigh Valley MallJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: friendly work environment and full benefits.
Cons: difficult working hours.
A typical shift includes task such as floor supervising to decrease the shrink rate, auditing for inventory and shipment purposes, recruiting both in and out of the store, and of course customer interface.
Fun culture, but all about hiring good looking people
District Manager (Former Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: people, company car, casual work attire
Cons: pay, upper management disconnected, focused only on hiring good looking people
The biggest priority for A&F is hiring good looking people. In fact, District Managers were required to take pictures of all of their Manager In Training hires and send them to their Regional Managers. That being said, working with a bunch of fun, outgoing and good looking people is a lot of fun, but that's one of the only positives of working for this – more... company. The company continues to close stores in the U.S. and really pushes for managers to go international, so for someone who embraces change and can leave everything behind for 2+ years, it is a good company to work for. Abercrombie also started giving District Managers more stores, where they use to manage 3-5 stores and now manage 6-9 stores, making it hard to stay connected with all management teams. District Managers work M-F and can usually make their own schedule, which is nice, but the pay is not that great. Tough to hire Managers-In-Training when the only offer a salary of $28k/year, regardless of any previous experience. – less
Busy place, everyday is different
Cashier/Impactor (Former Employee), Evansville, INJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: flexible with schedule
Cons: short breaks, few hours, drama
There is a lot of drama but a good part time job for students. pays minimun wage and few hours aside from holiday's
Some fun people to work with.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Bloomington, MN Mall of AmericaJanuary 12, 2014
I received international and business management experience and met a lot of great people.
You work around a lot of beautiful "model like" people
Sales Associate & Store Model (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: fun environment
Cons: very structured
There is a lot of structure
I've learned to be aware of my job duties at all times
Management worked closely with staff
My co-workers were like working with your friends at school
Standing for so many hours
The most enjoyable part of the job was the loud music and working around fun people that were your age.
Dynamic work environment with a strong work culture
Store Manager, San Antonio & College Station (Former Employee), San Antonio, Houston, College Station, TXJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: promotions from within, opportunity to travel and relocate, fun work environment, popular products offered
Cons: high saturation of stores, compensation was not enough for the varying work schedule, left with minimal time to seek other opportunities and further education.
A typical day at work began with operational duties and preparing the store to open for business. Once open for business, my main focus was ensuring that the customers were having a great store experience and that our associates had what they needed to be successful at customer service and sales. Throughout the day I had tasks such as training, recruiting, – more... interview, and conferencing with upper management and other stores. At least once per week I closed the store for business.
This career taught me how manage large groups of people and how to stand-out from my peers to create my own promotions. It taught me the importance of self-reliance and that communication is key for the success of any team.
Management styles differed from person-to-person. I worked under district managers that provided me with much support, and others that I rarely saw face-to-face. As much as I appreciate autonomy, the style of management that I flourished under was the kind that was more available.
My co-workers were my biggest support because we all went through the same experiences and developed strong relationships. Most of them were just as enthusiastic about our brand, or even more. I learned more from some of my peers than I did from some of my direct superiors.
The hardest part of the job was managing the different personalities and occasionally encountering some resistance because I was promoted above other assistants that worked for the company longer than I did. I dealt with this by constantly building them-up and giving them new challenges that would elevate them to the level that I had reached with the company.
The most rewarding part of the job was getting to know my associates and customers. My job was to be the leader of the team and developing them to their highest potential professionally, and seeing them succeed was very fulfilling for me. – less
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Boston MAJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: short breaks
a tpical day at work is fun and laid back
I learn the ins and outs of fashion
the management is awesome
co workers are cool and friendly
not a hard job
the dicounts
Great Place to work part time
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cheektowaga, NYJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: people you work with
Cons: low wages
Work here if you want to make min wage but you can basically work whenever you want to. Management and other employees easy to get along with.
nothing special
model (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 5, 2014
nothing stood out about this job. typical retail job. you fold clothes help customers and go home.
Cashier /Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 3, 2014
Monitored cash register and staff coverage at checkout stations.Issued receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers. Processed transaction and tallied cash drawers.
Greeted customers upon entrance and provided a pleasant shopping experience.Assisted customers with purchases and in locating merchandise. Ensured merchandise was arranged appropriately. – more... Management and co-workers were very friendly and helpful. There was nothing hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customer and seeing them happy. – less

About Abercrombie & Fitch

Trading on its century-old name, Abercrombie & Fitch (A&F) sells upscale men's, women's, and kids' casual clothes and accessories – Read more

Abercrombie & Fitch Photos