Abercrombie & Fitch

Abercrombie & Fitch Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Starter Job!
Retail Associate (Former Employee), VAMay 25, 2014
A job highly beneficial to a first time work opportunity or youth. Very flexible hours, almost writing your own schedule. I learned basic fundamentals of customer service i.e. answering phones, greeting customers, catch phrases towards "up-selling" merchandise, and using a cash register for the first time. Work was highly separated leaving you independent – more... for entire shifts, and not a lot of integrating with other staff. – less
Casting member (Former Employee), Scottsdale, Fashion SqaureMay 24, 2014
Fun and easy. Dealing with customers was the most learning part for me.
Fun job, excellent benefits, extremely stressful
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMay 22, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: pay, schedule, hours, upper management, having to tell people you work at abercrombie
Great learning experience, really good for me as a recent college grad. My co-workers were awesome and we all developed strong relationships with each other. However the actual company was hard to work for, the Home Office was too disconnected from the retail stores and the upper management rarely visited.
They do not spend enough time teaching new – more... managers what is expected of them, so the turnover rate is extremely high. Frequently, we would run a 5 manager store on 3 managers, which was exhausting.
We were expected to run the store while also recruiting the best looking people in town to come work weird shifts for minimum wage, and were constantly being reprimanded for not having the "right kind of" staff. It was impossible.
I am glad to have worked there, but I am more glad that I no longer do! – less
fun and enjoyable
Model/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAMay 22, 2014
Working in this field is very enjoyable, at times this store does get very crowded and stressful during the holidays. Your co workers are always a pleasure to be around.
saleman
Salesman, Customer Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INMay 21, 2014
High amounts of customer interaction. Shifts are usually busy and there are always tasks to be completed. Good mood throughout the stores and management is very goal oriented.
Always great co workers
Visual design (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 21, 2014
Pros: friendly co workers
Cons: music in store, not enough hours, very strict dress code
The job has some tedious task that seem meaningless but you will always find co workers to get along with. There is a huge diverse staff and it is filled with young energetic people that always seem happy. Fun place to work but never scheduled many hours always have to look to pick up shifts from others.
Full- Time Hands OnJob Opportunity.
Manager / Model (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 19, 2014
Customer Appreciation and Apparel Detailing. Style Coach and Manager
Great part-time job
Impact Team Member (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXMay 19, 2014
This is a great part-time job for anyone who just needs a little spending money on the weekends and something to fill their time during the slow afternoons after school.
Great Management Experiance
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Peoria, ILMay 16, 2014
Pros: healthcare benefits, people
Cons: low pay, a lot of hours, politics
-low pay, a lot of politics within company but fairly easy job
-can get stressful around holidays
Productive and fun place to work
Brand Rep/Stock Room Manager (Former Employee), Monroe, LAMay 15, 2014
You come in and you help customers with finding what they would like to buy from the store. Help sell more and make it fun to the customers when they come into the store to make a purchase.
Easy going and simple
Office Lead Assoicate (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 15, 2014
Supervise part-time associate on training and standard
office management, looking over hours, scheduling, and associate floor placement. Co-workers are team players and reliable. The outcome of the ended shift that leaves the store maintain and well presentable.
Many employees and not enough hours available
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAMay 15, 2014
Not enough hours available, but did gain customer service skills.
work
Stock Room Operations Manager (Former Employee), Marlborough, MAMay 13, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
fun job a lot of interactions with different kinds of people
Impact (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYMay 12, 2014
I learned how to be more disciplined and organized in this job
Meet new random fun people from all ages and perfect time of folding clothing when not busy with repetitive party music going on every hour.
Model/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTMay 12, 2014
Pros: the schedules are perfect fit, everything about the store.
Cons: my employer was kind of killing the spirit everyone is supposed to feel in the store, otherwise there's no cons to this job.
A typical day is say hello to your friends/models/assistant managers/store manager. As well to fold clothes and help everyone out picking their clothing. keeping the store clean and shirts all aligned.
i learned respect, responsibility, and how to represent the company.
Everything was nice and easy.
my co-workers are the best and very funny.
the hardest – more... part of the job was when it was empty because you have the same playlist of songs playing every hour that you'll go home singing them haha.
And well what i enjoyed about A&F is that it felt like home, the only thing is that this house is made for work with friends and co-workers and not to rest. I Loved It and Would Return if I wanted to. – less
It's A&F. Everything you'd expect.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Frisco, TXMay 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits, beautiful people to look at everyday
Cons: too much overtime. job consumes your life.
VERY frequent overtime. Have to come into weekly meetings even on your off day. Compensation is good, benefits are great they provide the best for health, vision, dental. Job security is comforting, as long as you're a hard worker and do your job. Management tries to be intimidating but they're around often and helpful, load you with things to do and – more... are very detail oriented (duh!). Culture is cool and prep on the outside but core values are pretty discriminatory. A&F has their reputation for a reason. They've become more inclusive as far as racial diversity but are still focused on great looking employees. You will be judged on appearance. Point blank. Oh, and recruiting is mandatory. on the clock, off the clock. – less
Fast paced retail work environment
Store Manager (Former Employee), TXMay 9, 2014
Pros: Co-workers, fast paced
Cons: Inconsistent work schedule, demanding
Worst job
Store manager (Former Employee), ConnecticutMay 7, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: pay, management
My typical work day at this job was to retold clothes, go recruit for "great looking" people to work for us, and do paperwork that didn't really matter to any one in the store.
My upper management was no help and did not care about anyone or anything besides what is best for them. They are to determined in find the great looking people that they lose – more... sight in the people that are very loyal to the company. The only part I loved about working with Hollister was the people that I have met through the years.
I would never recommend anyone to work for this company. – less
Abercrombie is fun!
Model/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Norman, OKMay 7, 2014
For a part-time job, Abercrombie provides a fun atmosphere where a person can learn a lot about retail.
Poor Interior Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Franklin, TNMay 7, 2014
Pros: casualness of doing business
Cons: unrestricted management
Show up in flip flops, jeans, and a shirt that must be in accordance to what headquarters wants us to wear. (Abercrombie & Fitch)

What I learned in a sales position, is that you never know what kind of a customer you will come face to face with. You must be dynamic and on your toes in order to satisfy the customer and keep within protocol.

Management, – more... seemed to be overly casual and not too serious. Closings of many Abercrombie & Fitch stores have lowered the moral of the company confidence in workers and advancements.

Co-workers, seemed to be people who matched the lifestyle of Abercrombie & Fitch. They used their job as a way to boost self image.

Hardest part of working at Abercrombie & Fitch was doing audits, where everything in the store had to be accounted for as it was in the computer system.

The most enjoyable part of working at Abercrombie & Fitch was the relaxed environment and casualness of doing business. – less

About Abercrombie & Fitch

Trading on its century-old name, Abercrombie & Fitch (A&F) sells upscale men's, women's, and kids' casual clothes and accessories – Read more

Abercrombie & Fitch Photos