Abercrombie & Fitch

Abercrombie & Fitch Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Still a great place to be.
STORE PLANNING DESIGNER (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 16, 2014
Pros: culture, scooters, corporate office environment, pay
Cons: management, diversity
Working at this place was great in most ways. If it had not been for a specific VP of Design and Construction that lacked diversity training it was great. The culture even for older people was vibrant and fun. During my time there it was always an exciting place to be. You worked hard, but it was worth it in the end.
Not very productive, Discounts on items for employees by season
Sales Associate, Model (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 15, 2014
a day at A&F I would say is pretty nice and smooth. I didn't really recall encountering in any disagreements with neither customers nor employees. I learned very little but got to know a lot of people. Management was very helpful but not very involved in getting to know employees more and getting them more involved with the company. The co-workers were – more... very chatty yet some were very distant. There was really not a hard part of being a model at abercombie. – less
Youthful, fun, and fast paced environment with friendly staff
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLAugust 15, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
1) Stock Room and Sales Floor Clean up
2) Alphabetical organization of merchandise
3) Organize and Replenish Sales Floor
Fun work place.
Sales Associate / Inventory (Former Employee), Duluth, GAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: cool enviornment
Cons: not many hours
Typical retail job. Not easy to move up. Management was nice. On your feet the whole time.
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee), Waterford CTAugust 12, 2014
Pros: cool people
Cons: unrealistic expectations
This job is great to get management experience fresh out of college. You only work with cool people. Overall every person you will ever work with is a cool person. It is difficult to advance past the Store Manager Position.
Fun relaxed environemnt
Real Estate Accounting Intern (Former Employee), New Albany, OHAugust 12, 2014
This is a great place to work and everyone wears the Abercrombie clothes!
Not the ideal job
Impact Processor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 12, 2014
This job is only for people who don't care much about working. Hours suck, clothes are too tight for guys, strong perfume smell in the store, not the kind of job you want to stay in.
Boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAAugust 11, 2014
Depending on which manager is working can determine how your day will turn out there.
Fun place to work but not worth lack of advancement
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 11, 2014
Pros: fun workplace and employees
Cons: very low pay and no consistent schedule
The management program was very organized and informational, however, the pay was extremely low for a college graduate. I enjoyed the work environment, the people were all very fun and friendly. They are all about working as a team.
Nice Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), McLean, VAAugust 11, 2014
I gained a lot of experience in customer service and it made me be more confident with customers
lovely clothing
Model/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 10, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: no hours
a typical day would be greeting customers, folding clothes, dusting. coworkers were all nice, hardest part was trying to get more hours because they hire so many people but give little hours.
I do not regret my time with Abercrombie, however...
Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 9, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: poor discounts, upper management, advancement, work/life balance
Pros:

The people- met some of the greatest people I know while working for the company. Got to go to work and hangout with the people you like all day.

Cons:

Unrealistic Expectations- the company gives you very little model or impact hours and then expects you to the same amount as work prior to them cutting the hours.

Work/Life Balance- this directly – more... affects your work/life balance. In order to produce the same level of work when you had, say, 10 models on the floor, they expect the same level of work with 2 models. This then requires you to stay and make sure the work is completed (while not going over hours, mind you).

Discounts- The customers receive a much better discount than the associates. For an example: I bought a pair of shorts that ended up being $32. They were already on promo for more than my 40% off as a manager (so I just get the lower price) and considering it was past the end of AAAs, I did not get anymore of a discount. The next day, a customer came in and bought the same pair of shorts. Since she had a promo for a certain amount off, she only paid $25. Clearance, you do not receive anything extra off.

Compensation- Praise the Lord whoever took Abercrombie to court for the "half time" pay after working over 40 hours. Sorry, this only applies to Pennsylvania and maybe a hand full of other states. So this could be a "pro" now, (now you actually get time and a half after 40 hours) but you still get paid at the poverty level while working your butt off.

Diversity- The company is so "pro" diversity but when you recruit someone, upper management will quickly ask you to pull them up on social medias to see how they look to see if they are a "good fit."

Advancement- Used to be a major "pro," then they cut 40+ DMs, stopped taking store managers abroad, and it took 4xs as long to get promoted out of stores, which is why they are experiencing a large turnover rate.

What I learned:

I did learn a lot of valuable things I will take with me to my next job. I learned what it meant to be a manager, I learned to delegate, develop people, and become more responsible for a larger store. – less
Terrible
Model (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYAugust 8, 2014
A&F company is a place to work at as a second job. The company is horrible. Sleazy work environment, however very easy job. Just keep a level head and do not get frustrated. A lot of miss communication. Not worth the trouble working here.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 8, 2014
Pros: decent starting salary
Cons: the inconsistent hours
Amazing health care, dental, and vision benefits

- Decent starting salary

- straight forwardness of position

- Being in a leading role straight out of college
N/A
Impact Team Member (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAAugust 6, 2014
I enjoyed my short time working with this company which, unfortunately, I had to quit due to my recent relocation. The team members were friendly, management was pretty good and the job taught me time management and prioritizing workload skills, and even some new, more efficient was to fold!
Culturally diverse and young relaxed environment
Manager (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILAugust 3, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, flexible schedule, a long lunch break
Cons: a lot of time on your feet
Typically as a manager we open or close the store, and work 40 hrs a week. The flow of customers varies daily as well as tasks sent in by home office every morning. We have a small management team of three, and we work well together and can keep our schedules flexible each week. The hardest part of the job can be dealing with uncomfortable or difficult – more... situations with unhappy customers, but on the other hand, successfully solving any customer issues is gratifying. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people we work with. Associates and managers work well as a team and have fun working together each day. – less
Great for busy folks
Impact Team Member (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 2, 2014
If you're ok with working twice a week and last minute call ins this is perfect
Great Opportunity to Get Started
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Tigard, ORAugust 2, 2014
Abercrombie is a great way to get into management. They have an awesome manager in training (MIT) program which allows collage graduates to quickly adapt to the working world by constant managing of hours, associates and scheduling.
Fun laid back enviornment to be in.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Wauwatosa, WIJuly 31, 2014
Pros: friendly diverse place
Cons: salary and hours
A typical day at work would be just fixing clothes and putting clothes back to where they belong. You help customers with what they need and open a fitting room. The work place is like a home to most employees. My co-workers are fun to talk to and they're just around your age group so we all understand each other. The management is good. Depending on – more... the manager, you are either working and doing something every minute or else just folding clothes and be on the register. There's nothing hard about the job that I can tell. They don't challenge their coworkers so it's pretty a easy job. The most enjoyable part of the job would be just the co-workers you're working with and managers. – less
Retail Clothing Store
Visual Manager (Former Employee), Monroeville, PAJuly 30, 2014
Upbeat place to work. Responsibilities involve running the business and customer service, organizing and controlling all visual updates and changes to the sales floor, managing and motivating my associates to help maximize profits

About Abercrombie & Fitch

Trading on its century-old name, Abercrombie & Fitch (A&F) sells upscale men's, women's, and kids' casual clothes and accessories – Read more

Abercrombie & Fitch Photos