Abercrombie & Fitch

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
fun job a lot of interactions with different kinds of people
Impact (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYMay 12, 2014
I learned how to be more disciplined and organized in this job
Meet new random fun people from all ages and perfect time of folding clothing when not busy with repetitive party music going on every hour.
Model/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTMay 12, 2014
Pros: the schedules are perfect fit, everything about the store.
Cons: my employer was kind of killing the spirit everyone is supposed to feel in the store, otherwise there's no cons to this job.
A typical day is say hello to your friends/models/assistant managers/store manager. As well to fold clothes and help everyone out picking their clothing. keeping the store clean and shirts all aligned.
i learned respect, responsibility, and how to represent the company.
Everything was nice and easy.
my co-workers are the best and very funny.
the hardest – more... part of the job was when it was empty because you have the same playlist of songs playing every hour that you'll go home singing them haha.
And well what i enjoyed about A&F is that it felt like home, the only thing is that this house is made for work with friends and co-workers and not to rest. I Loved It and Would Return if I wanted to. – less
It's A&F. Everything you'd expect.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Frisco, TXMay 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits, beautiful people to look at everyday
Cons: too much overtime. job consumes your life.
VERY frequent overtime. Have to come into weekly meetings even on your off day. Compensation is good, benefits are great they provide the best for health, vision, dental. Job security is comforting, as long as you're a hard worker and do your job. Management tries to be intimidating but they're around often and helpful, load you with things to do and – more... are very detail oriented (duh!). Culture is cool and prep on the outside but core values are pretty discriminatory. A&F has their reputation for a reason. They've become more inclusive as far as racial diversity but are still focused on great looking employees. You will be judged on appearance. Point blank. Oh, and recruiting is mandatory. on the clock, off the clock. – less
Fast paced retail work environment
Store Manager (Former Employee), TXMay 9, 2014
Pros: Co-workers, fast paced
Cons: Inconsistent work schedule, demanding
Worst job
Store manager (Former Employee), ConnecticutMay 7, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: pay, management
My typical work day at this job was to retold clothes, go recruit for "great looking" people to work for us, and do paperwork that didn't really matter to any one in the store.
My upper management was no help and did not care about anyone or anything besides what is best for them. They are to determined in find the great looking people that they lose – more... sight in the people that are very loyal to the company. The only part I loved about working with Hollister was the people that I have met through the years.
I would never recommend anyone to work for this company. – less
Abercrombie is fun!
Model/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Norman, OKMay 7, 2014
For a part-time job, Abercrombie provides a fun atmosphere where a person can learn a lot about retail.
Poor Interior Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Franklin, TNMay 7, 2014
Pros: casualness of doing business
Cons: unrestricted management
Show up in flip flops, jeans, and a shirt that must be in accordance to what headquarters wants us to wear. (Abercrombie & Fitch)

What I learned in a sales position, is that you never know what kind of a customer you will come face to face with. You must be dynamic and on your toes in order to satisfy the customer and keep within protocol.

Management, – more... seemed to be overly casual and not too serious. Closings of many Abercrombie & Fitch stores have lowered the moral of the company confidence in workers and advancements.

Co-workers, seemed to be people who matched the lifestyle of Abercrombie & Fitch. They used their job as a way to boost self image.

Hardest part of working at Abercrombie & Fitch was doing audits, where everything in the store had to be accounted for as it was in the computer system.

The most enjoyable part of working at Abercrombie & Fitch was the relaxed environment and casualness of doing business. – less
Its Flexible to work there.
Impact And Model (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMay 6, 2014
The working environment is really enjoyable. Mkes me feel comfotable to work in a positive environment. Great experience to intaeract with different peoples every time and to know more about brands and everything.
Easily obtainable summer job
Impact/Stock Associate (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 5, 2014
The job is not very hard to get, only requires you to dress according to the standards they provide. Job description is simple, but very repetitive and gets boring after a while. Management sometimes expects too much, as with most retail jobs. Hours are terrible, usually one to two days a week working. Only thing that could be considered a benefit is – more... 50% off a few items at the start of every season. No room to grow in the company without a bachelor's degree, which even then the management positions don't pay very well. – less
Highly immature, strange place
IT (Former Employee), New Albany, OHMay 5, 2014
Pros: nice cafe and gym
Cons: way too much to articulate. the work, the music, the management, the hr 'guy'...
I worked at the Home Office in New Albany. What you will quickly find is how cultish the place is. They all think the world lives and breathes A&F and the way they do business. It does not, obviously. No matter how hard you work or how much you contribute, at the end of the day, the place is like many corporate environments and you are not really valued – more... any more than the last thing you've done. It's hard to fully describe or to give great examples without naming names and incidents, but suffice it to say that the place is just in a world of its own. And this is not a compliment. It is stressful, expensive (constantly having to buy their stupid clothes) and not very rewarding. I do not recommend A&F in any way. – less
fun environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 4, 2014
great place to jump start your career post graduation. great opportunity for new degree holders. great amount of responsibility as well as benefits. only downside is the pay. would have no issue with the position if it was $17/hr. everyone looks for a greater opportunity and that time has arrived. in this economy, the assistant manager position does – more... not have a pay that's conducive to the current cost of living. – less
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Honolulu, HawaiiMay 2, 2014
As a Store Manager at Abercrombie and Fitch, I was given the opportunity to learn and grow in a fast paced high-end retail company. I was trained in a wide range of daily tasks involving the company. These tasks include, but do not limit to, scheduling associates for both shipment and floor associates, stockroom managing, running and assisting in various – more... floor sets. With such a large range of tasks at hand, I was fortunate enough to work with some of the most humbling, helpful and competent co-workers. My co-workers were the best part about working at A&F. Having great people to work with, lessened the rough task of having to work a lot of overnight shifts for floor sets. Overall, I enjoyed the fast paced and demanding aspect of retail. – less
Company losing sight on what matters
Regional Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 30, 2014
A&F was once a company that had a strong handle on its customer, as well as its employee. The company is losing its connection to both. Enjoyed my peer group but Sr. Management failed to encourage and utilize the ideas of it's field managers.
You had a steady job while you pursue your dreams
Lead for Impact Team (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 27, 2014
Pros: abercrombie & fitch gave me an opportunity to finish my career.
Cons: wish the pay was a little more
Pairing up with floor supervisor to give the part-time associates schedules breaks.
Making sure the appropriate supplies are present (size stickers, hangers,folding board, etc)
Communicating with floor supervisor to work on proper zone coverage.
Staying familiar with stock room merchandise & finding ways to make the set-ups easier for part-timers.
my working experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 25, 2014
Pros: friendly customers
Working at Aberombie and Fitch was overall a good experience.My managers were nice and understanding, my co-workers were fun to work around and loved working as a team. I did enjoy the tourist that came often it was good to meet people outside of this country and state.
Worst Job Ever
Model/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Happy Valley, ORApril 25, 2014
Pros: nothing.
Cons: managers sleeping with employees
cleaning and folding is your job.
You meet all type of customers which is cool.
You get 5 hours a week.
warehouse
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee), New Albany, OHApril 25, 2014
Pros: loss of weight, meet new people/ cultures
Cons: management
picking up a box off the line and carry it down a row until i found the location that it belongs in and filled the location with the contents of the box. Cleaning the zone that i work in for the next shift employees.
Productive & Fun work Environment
Store Manager (Current Employee), Langhorne, PAApril 24, 2014
Pros: friendly
Cons: short breaks and income
Typically fun and lots of work to do throughout the day. People are great to work with. Hardest part of the job is not having weekends off and enjoyable part are the people.
Great job for right after college!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Palisades, NYApril 24, 2014
MIT program is awesome for recent grads. You learn a variety of knowledge that can definitely help you in many different ways. Job sets you up for future success. Well recognized company.

About Abercrombie & Fitch

Trading on its century-old name, Abercrombie & Fitch (A&F) sells upscale men's, women's, and kids' casual clothes and accessories – Read more

Abercrombie & Fitch Photos