Abercrombie & Fitch Employee Reviews

Fun place to work in, however sometimes unrealistically demanding
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2013
Love how I can be myself. The people are over all friendly and nice. Some superiors have a negative inlfuence. Some requirements are not realistic and practical. Some days can be demanding but overall doable.
Pros
good people, growth
Cons
demanding and stressful superiors
Unstable
Model/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2013
In abercrombie, there is NO raises. You cannot move up the ladder. By that I mean, you start as a sales associate and you stay as one. In order for you to move up into management, you must complete a University degree. College diplomas will only allow you to get an overnight manger position. It is a very unstable job. They hire every week and do not have enough hours to give to the old employees. Working there is mostly for socializing because majority of the time that is what you do. Besides the unstableness, no raises, and bad managerial position, it is a good workplace for those who want flexible hours. You can give away shifts, trade shifts, and pick up shifts very easily through the Facebook group they set up. They are very lenient as well.
Pros
very flexible
Cons
no hours
Laid back enviroment
Overnight Assosiate (Former Employee) –  Toronto24 January 2013
A typical night would involve folding and mechanising clothes, we were allowed to listen to our mp3 players which is what I most enjoyed about the job. The management were really nice and everyone generally got on as we were all around the same age 20s-30s.
Pros
listening to personal music
Cons
leaving late at night
Great job, great team
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Sherway Gardens, Toronto, Ontario16 January 2013
I enjoyed working at Abercrombie and Fitch. It was one of my first Retail Sales jobs. I gained a lot of experience working here. It was busy, and consistent. There was always something to do, or a customer that needed help. My co-workers were great, but it was definitely over staffed. Working at Abercrombie and Fitch was sort of an eye-opener to the Sales Marketing world, with the different tactics of Sales Strategies.
Pros
discount on clothing
Cons
the abercrombie perfume smell all over the store
Productive and professional
Retail sales in high (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 December 2012
A typical word day would consist of maintaining the showroom, and preparing the stock room for easier accessibility for my co-workers. Throughout my employment with the company I have learned to work better within a team environment , and gained a better sense of independance and initiative.

The most enjoyable part of the day woukd be interacting with the customers and providing excellent service.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
short shifts
A fun and productive workplace
Model - sales associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta3 December 2012
A typical day at work consists of customer service and standing and walking. The hardest part of the job is when you have to multi task with different customers when the store gets busy, especially having to stand for extensive periods of time or deal with a crowd. My co-workers were great for the most part. They are an enjoyable team to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is probably working as a cashier. Overall this is a fairly enjoyable job that is unfortunately underpaid.The flexible hours are a pro.
Not fun. Awful Music. Expensive Uniforms
Model (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2012
- 3 hour shifts were awful
- I learned that it is important to look perfect, but never look fake...
- Management didnèt care enough
- Coworkers were always quitting and there were too many new people all of the time
- Hardest Part: Paying about $400 per year for the hideous outfits they make you wear. Nave blue flippŷ floppies. Perky bows. Mini skirts. Strapless shirts. IN DECEMBER.
- Most Enjoyable Part: Quitting.
Pros
slight discount on clothing
Cons
everything was a con
Clothing retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2012
All the employers there were here were all very friendly and welcoming. It was a very busy environment and everyone was basically doing there own thing. The management was very nice as well. There was no hard part of the job really, however, the most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers.
a very fun place to be at. nice people nice music. but it doesnt pay muuch
model (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 July 2012
a typical day at work for me would be. me walking into the store clock -in and start maintaining the sales floor. watching over cash and fitting rooms and just fold cloth all day help customers find the sizes they need. take a break come back do the same thing over again. close at 9 and start folding down the store room by room until everything is folded down help with the go-backs. clock out go home and do the same thing the next day
Cons
More than just a retail store
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto6 June 2012
Ensuring store standards and stock levels. Manage and develop staff. Providing great customer service.
Pros
free clothes, working with great people
Cons
not much job flexibility
Good workplace, Very well kept
Impact (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2012
Abercrombie and Fitch is a good that has very good management, and a store that will fit all of your clothing needs. The employees are very friendly as well, and will always help you with what is needed.