Abercrombie & Fitch

Abercrombie & Fitch Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
High stress with low pay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAJune 11, 2014
Pros: work with hot people
Cons: work with incompetent, lazy, selfish, and untrustworthy individuals.
This company cares more about image than competency. While they strive to protect their image, management consists of almost zero teamwork understanding while their "models" are young and lazy people who are used to always getting their way and despise a good work ethic. There is also a big theft problem with no cash handling policy that enables this – more... company to know exactly who is stealing from them. Complete incompetency from top-down. – less
Social and Energetic work place environment
Sales Assistant / Floor Model (Former Employee), Westfield, ENGJune 10, 2014
Cons: short hours, not challenging enough
I learnt about how to communicate with customers and how to deal with problems or issues that came up. Developed my social skills, and remaining positive in difficult situations or when a customer was unhappy and had a complaint.
Worked the tills, so understood how to manage money, and if I made a mistake then I learnt how to correct it.
I helped motivate – more... my co-workers, keep a smile on everyones face and made sure we were all working hard.
The hardest part of the job was not having enough to do, I prefer to keep busy, and when everything was tidy and clean at work it could become quite boring and not challenging enough.

My favourite part was being trusted as a reliable colleague as I have worked there for the past three years, I can be trusted to work at the tills on my own, and my managers were very friendly as well as my co-workers. – less
Young and fun environment
Model, Sales advisor (Former Employee), London, W1SJune 10, 2014
Pros: 15 minutes of break for 5 hours shift
Cons: low pay
In A&F I've been hired as "model", so all my tasks were on the shop floor, the most important thing to do in excellent level was the costumer service.
Abercrombie is an fairly expensive brand so the flow of costumers wasn't comparable with the crowded Miss Selfridge in Oxford Circus, this gives the possibility of being as personal shopper for every – more... costumer. I think this was the most enjoyable part, as much as the chilled atmosphere with all the colleagues and managers.
The hardest thing was just in the weekends, sometimes was difficult to keep everything tidy pleasing all the costumers needs, but I never found it impossible, I enjoyed also the busiest moments because I'm a dynamic person. – less
Productive and different
Overnight Stock Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 8, 2014
Pros: break times
Cons: unorganized management, overcrowded
Working at Abercrombie & Fitch taught me a lot about time management. I learned how to tackle a task in a orderly and timely fashion while also paying attention to detail. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to meet new people and interact with my coworkers while on group projects. The hardest part of my job was coming to work and having – more... a new/different task to do. – less
Fun job if retail is for you
Impact team member (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 8, 2014
Pros: discount. great environment, great coworkers
Cons: little to no hours, low pay i guess the discount makes up for it
SPLENDID discount! 40% off can't beat that if this is one of your favorite stores. A lot of work in my opinion for little pay(minimum wage). Although if that works for you, you give in what you put out there's room for advancement. At the time I didn't care for management but I heard it is better. Great coworkers, always willing to help. Little to no – more... hours. – less
Fun and Energetic Environment
CASH LEAD / SUPERVISOR (Full-Time) (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 6, 2014
Management was firm yet flexible. Co-workers were friendly and fun.
hate
Model (Former Employee), Dulles Town Center, VAJune 4, 2014
this was the worst job. i hated the people, the work, the atmosphere. pay was horrible.
Productive work place
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 2, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of a numerous amount of repetitive duties. Management was very unorganized. Some of my co-workers were nice to be around. The hardest part of the job was doing the same task for my whole shift.
Fun, enjoyable experience
RETAIL ASSISTANT (Former Employee), KingstonJune 1, 2014
I worked on the sales floor as a model interacting with customers ensuring their shopping experience was pleasant. I would act as a personal shopper for customers especially during busy times such as Christmas.
I ensured the sales floor was kept pristine at all times and customers left satisfied.
I maintained a friendly relationship with the management – more... and with coworkers my overall experience here was pleasant.
the most enjoyable aspect of my job was interacting with customers – less
One-time experience that was both fun and exasperating
Model (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJMay 28, 2014
Pros: fast-paced environment, display resets, clothing discounts, mall employee discount at the food court
Cons: unpaid hours, late nights, the music, unmotivated coworkers, poor management
When I first applied for Abercrombie & Fitch I wasn't sure what to expect. What I came to find out was that a typical day at work consisted of standing awkwardly in flip flops and saying, "Hey, how's it going?" whenever a customer walked by. We folded clothes, monitored dressing rooms, handled purchases and returns, all the while making sure we looked – more... good doing it. It was definitely a strange atmosphere that merely felt like a standard customer service job with an artificial and glossy finish.

Management turned out to either come off as not very genuine or not very unhappy. They didn't seem to care about me as an individual. I felt only as significant as my availability. My relationships with my co-workers were a little better. Although some of them seemed to be kind of superficial, more interested in tanning salons and new A&F fragrances than actually working, they weren't a bad bunch. But I made a few friends who had great work ethic and awesome personalities. I think the most essential thing I took from A&F was learning how to work day to day with unmotivated people.

Probably the most difficult part of this job was after the store closed. We'd be forced to clock out at a certain time and often end up staying one to two hours after that to clean up the store for the next morning. It was very frustrating and exhausting. The music also used to drive me nuts too, but I learned how to tune it out eventually. I think the most enjoyable part of my job was doing the display resets. I've always been a hands-on kind of guy, so any projects that needed doing I jumped at the opportunity. That feeling of accomplishment was definitely worth it afterwards, plus the time would fly by. We also received discounts on the clothes there, which could get pretty expensive, as well as a ten percent discount at the food court. I can't say I regret my time with A&F, but I discovered that working in clothing retail wasn't for me. – less
Fast-paced, fun work environment
Visual Manager (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMay 28, 2014
There was no "typical day" at my previous job. There was always something new happening. I learned an abundance of management skills at my previous job. I learned how to manage a group of sometime 50 plus employees. Also I was able to recruit top talent in my last position. It was a fantastic opportunity, and I let myself take in every learning experience.
Great Starter Job!
Retail Associate (Former Employee), VAMay 25, 2014
A job highly beneficial to a first time work opportunity or youth. Very flexible hours, almost writing your own schedule. I learned basic fundamentals of customer service i.e. answering phones, greeting customers, catch phrases towards "up-selling" merchandise, and using a cash register for the first time. Work was highly separated leaving you independent – more... for entire shifts, and not a lot of integrating with other staff. – less
Casting member (Former Employee), Scottsdale, Fashion SqaureMay 24, 2014
Fun and easy. Dealing with customers was the most learning part for me.
Fun job, excellent benefits, extremely stressful
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMay 22, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: pay, schedule, hours, upper management, having to tell people you work at abercrombie
Great learning experience, really good for me as a recent college grad. My co-workers were awesome and we all developed strong relationships with each other. However the actual company was hard to work for, the Home Office was too disconnected from the retail stores and the upper management rarely visited.
They do not spend enough time teaching new – more... managers what is expected of them, so the turnover rate is extremely high. Frequently, we would run a 5 manager store on 3 managers, which was exhausting.
We were expected to run the store while also recruiting the best looking people in town to come work weird shifts for minimum wage, and were constantly being reprimanded for not having the "right kind of" staff. It was impossible.
I am glad to have worked there, but I am more glad that I no longer do! – less
fun and enjoyable
Model/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAMay 22, 2014
Working in this field is very enjoyable, at times this store does get very crowded and stressful during the holidays. Your co workers are always a pleasure to be around.
saleman
Salesman, Customer Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INMay 21, 2014
High amounts of customer interaction. Shifts are usually busy and there are always tasks to be completed. Good mood throughout the stores and management is very goal oriented.
Always great co workers
Visual design (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 21, 2014
Pros: friendly co workers
Cons: music in store, not enough hours, very strict dress code
The job has some tedious task that seem meaningless but you will always find co workers to get along with. There is a huge diverse staff and it is filled with young energetic people that always seem happy. Fun place to work but never scheduled many hours always have to look to pick up shifts from others.
Full- Time Hands OnJob Opportunity.
Manager / Model (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 19, 2014
Customer Appreciation and Apparel Detailing. Style Coach and Manager
Great part-time job
Impact Team Member (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXMay 19, 2014
This is a great part-time job for anyone who just needs a little spending money on the weekends and something to fill their time during the slow afternoons after school.
Great Management Experiance
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Peoria, ILMay 16, 2014
Pros: healthcare benefits, people
Cons: low pay, a lot of hours, politics
-low pay, a lot of politics within company but fairly easy job
-can get stressful around holidays

About Abercrombie & Fitch

Trading on its century-old name, Abercrombie & Fitch (A&F) sells upscale men's, women's, and kids' casual clothes and accessories – Read more

Abercrombie & Fitch Photos