Abercrombie & Fitch Employee Reviews

Typical day at work and the fun side of it
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2014
-having to know the products being sold in the store and informing the customers about it as well
-standardizing the designated room that was given by the manager
-handling cash at the register and line control if chaotic
-very outgoing co-workers and as well as the managers
-learning about how putting customers in front of everything and letting them leave the store satisfied with the products purchased
-modeling shirtless for other stores through out Canada and the United States during holiday seasons
Pros
free food during holiday season or during overnight shifts
Cons
not much
Work culture and experience
Sales Representative/Model (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON2 March 2014
The work culture at A&F is diverse and I experienced welcoming arms when it came to learning and working with customers. It is a friendly environment and a place to really feel at home.
I learned recruitment procedures, how to effectively deal with cash, interpersonal skills and patience.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to talk to each and every customer as much as I would like to.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to as many customers and co-workers as possible.
PRODUCTIVE
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2015
ITS GREAT, CANT COMPLAINHI GIOHHIHUU UOIPOIOHJUOBHKJB KHPIHOHPBI H OIJNPOHHU HUK JJJJB JBHUJ HBJB HBBOU BHUHIOU HBBIOB HBHBI HBIIPB BI PBIB IPI BHIBIB IBBB IPBKBIJB PUBIBIJKB IPBKJJN PIJNIJB PIB IOB OPIB BPIB IPBIBJB OGIU8IPHOB[
Pros
YOUNG KIDS
Cons
LONG STRESSFUL TASKS
Good People, needs work on the culture
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2014
Fun Place to work with great people. Not a great deal of room for advancement quickly.
Pros
Great people, who are young
Cons
strict company culture, alot of wasted time keeping things up to standard.
A fun and productive workplace
Model - sales associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta3 December 2012
A typical day at work consists of customer service and standing and walking. The hardest part of the job is when you have to multi task with different customers when the store gets busy, especially having to stand for extensive periods of time or deal with a crowd. My co-workers were great for the most part. They are an enjoyable team to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is probably working as a cashier. Overall this is a fairly enjoyable job that is unfortunately underpaid.The flexible hours are a pro.
Fast paced, great for beginner experience, management is iffy
Part Time Impact team member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2014
Great job if you are skilled and are looking for hours. Scheduling is accommodating. Upper management is constantly in a flux so you never have a manager for more than a few months, which is sometimes a pain. In general a very friendly atmosphere.
Laid back enviroment
Overnight Assosiate (Former Employee) –  Toronto24 January 2013
A typical night would involve folding and mechanising clothes, we were allowed to listen to our mp3 players which is what I most enjoyed about the job. The management were really nice and everyone generally got on as we were all around the same age 20s-30s.
Pros
listening to personal music
Cons
leaving late at night
Fun work place with a diverse group of employees.
Sales Associate/Greeter/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2013
The environment is quite laid back and fun and the people are welcoming and friendly, and I can honestly say that I owe the diversity of my group of friends/acquaintances to the 2-3 years that I have worked at Abercrombie. It was also VERY flexible.Hence, it is an excellent part-time job for students. I was a greeter/cashier throughout my time there. However, I need to move on to more challenging job positions.
Great job, great team
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Sherway Gardens, Toronto, Ontario16 January 2013
I enjoyed working at Abercrombie and Fitch. It was one of my first Retail Sales jobs. I gained a lot of experience working here. It was busy, and consistent. There was always something to do, or a customer that needed help. My co-workers were great, but it was definitely over staffed. Working at Abercrombie and Fitch was sort of an eye-opener to the Sales Marketing world, with the different tactics of Sales Strategies.
Pros
discount on clothing
Cons
the abercrombie perfume smell all over the store
Clothing retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2012
All the employers there were here were all very friendly and welcoming. It was a very busy environment and everyone was basically doing there own thing. The management was very nice as well. There was no hard part of the job really, however, the most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers.
Productive and professional
Retail sales in high (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 December 2012
A typical word day would consist of maintaining the showroom, and preparing the stock room for easier accessibility for my co-workers. Throughout my employment with the company I have learned to work better within a team environment , and gained a better sense of independance and initiative.

The most enjoyable part of the day woukd be interacting with the customers and providing excellent service.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
short shifts
Abercrombie
MODEL/BRAND REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2014
Fortunate to be a part of the first Abercrombie in Canada. The atmosphere and anticipation surrounding this store's opening was crazy. Abercrombie supported our growth and development, working with us to help achieve our goals.The people were all around the same age, and got along incredibly. I stay in touch with many of the people I worked with including managers.
Pros
wonderful people
Impactor
Customer Service Specialist/ Model (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 March 2014
If you just want to have a kind of part-time job experience, then fine, you can go there. not really for a long-term career path people. recommendation for students.
Good workplace, Very well kept
Impact (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2012
Abercrombie and Fitch is a good that has very good management, and a store that will fit all of your clothing needs. The employees are very friendly as well, and will always help you with what is needed.
Sociable and Teen-Friendly Atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2015
Overall a great place to work if one is seeking work in the fashion industry. Good pay for fair work. Lifestyle is embedded into the company's principles as well as their merchandising and employee-customer relationships.
Kept records of sales
Sales (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 July 2014
• Kept records of promotions, sales and policies related to interactions and payment
Fun place to work in, however sometimes unrealistically demanding
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2013
Love how I can be myself. The people are over all friendly and nice. Some superiors have a negative inlfuence. Some requirements are not realistic and practical. Some days can be demanding but overall doable.
Pros
good people, growth
Cons
demanding and stressful superiors
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2013
Fun part time job, good management, lots of hardwork required. Great place to learn about customer service.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2013
It was great working at abercrombie, the only thing I Disliked
is all the rules i understand every workplace has rules but abercrombie had horrible rules example: no nail polish, keep hair simple, flip flops or sandals only.
More than just a retail store
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto6 June 2012
Ensuring store standards and stock levels. Manage and develop staff. Providing great customer service.
Pros
free clothes, working with great people
Cons
not much job flexibility

2.8