Abercrombie & Fitch

Abercrombie & Fitch Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace with great managers and co workers which made it an enjoyable workplace
Abercrombie & Fitch Model (Former Employee), Arcadia, CANovember 6, 2014
Pros: solid first professional job.
Cons: didn't get a lot of hours.
A typical day at work included myself greeting people at the entrance of the store and working at the cash register. I learned that working your hardest at all times really catches peoples attention and is simply a great trait to apply to all workplaces. My co workers were also great friends and great workers. They set a great example when I worked – more... their and were very professional. The hardest part of the job was just getting used to a professional workplace in the beginning because it was one of my first real jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people who I really liked and looking back at the end of the work day knowing I worked my hardest which is the most satisfying feeling for me. – less
Great First Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Modesto, CANovember 6, 2014
Great for young people newly entering the field of customer service. A fun work environment, with positive leadership and upbeat environment.
Great place to gain management experience straight out of college
Store Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 6, 2014
A&F is a great way to gain management experience out of college. You work with your peers, which can be fun but also challenging.
Micromanaging and stiff regulations
Floor Model (Former Employee), Billings, MTNovember 6, 2014
What is there to expect, its Abercrombie and Fitch. The work place fits the stereotype perfect. Outfits are tightly regulated, break time is limited, mistakes are not tolerated, and mangers spend too much time micro adjusting employee habits.
Management skills
Assistant store manager (Former Employee), Fairview Heights, IlNovember 4, 2014
I learned a new set of management skills while working for Abercrombie and Fitch. I also learned alot about myself and that I love to be around people. I loved working with people of all diversities.
Fast paced work environment
Impact Manager (Former Employee), Willow Grove, PANovember 3, 2014
Pros: retail discounts
Cons: overworked and underpaid
My day always started out by making sure the store looked good before we opened up for business hours. My main goal everyday was to have all shipment processed and the inventory room well maintained.

I learned a lot about what it takes to be a manager who oversees anywhere from 50-70 people at any given time. Always making sure that my associates were – more... providing excellent customer service but still being able to do their job on the work floor was very important.

Co-workers and management all became closely knit, we saw each other everyday and thus made us very close. Some of the hardest parts of my job was during the holiday season and finding enough time to be able to perform all of my tasks assigned to me. The most enjoyable part of my job was being a manager in itself, the experience I gained and the knowledge has helped me greatly these past few years. – less
Not very exciting. just folding clothes overnight
overnight (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 30, 2014
the associates and the managers are pleasant to work with. the job itself is not very exciting
Nice clean enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 28, 2014
Pros: wearing a&f clothes
Cons: restriction on clothing
typical day at work would be opening the store and starting of the opening store task as of:
-sweeping the floors
-dusting off displays and tables
-pulling out new merchandise
-marking down clearance items
-counting the registers
-spraying down store with cologne
-greet customers
Poor Executive Team
Regional Human Resources Manager (Current Employee), New Albany, OhioOctober 26, 2014
Great coworkers, executive management are a bit out of touch.
Multi-cultural, Friendly Management
Floor Team Leader (Former Employee), London, ENGOctober 24, 2014
One of my typical day was that I was given a challenge to manage every thing on my own for a day, the entire Store floor was left on my shoulder's to get it done to start a new challenging role for me. Coming to my Management, one of the best experience and the privilege to work with them, I learned one of the most needed quality and that is Time management – more... and Versatility The atmosphere on work was covered with Multi-culture people which is one of the most important part to learn different cultures and languages under one roof. The hardest part was the day of our CEO visit,and the most enjoyable part of the job was also the day of our CEO visit. – less
Trendy & Hip crowd, with an ultra casual environment
Business Analyst lead (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 23, 2014
Pros: challenging
Cons: no work flexibility
Very casual environment but highly sophisticated when it comes to systems and work. Not very process oriented but there is a high possibility of scope.
stressful working environment
Stockroom Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 20, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: short breaks, managers are unprofessional
expect a lot in very little time, managers are rude, favoritism exist very much in there.
Fun work environment
manager (Current Employee), IllinoisOctober 18, 2014
Pros: great networking
Cons: long hours
Very customer service oriented brand. The associates are all young and in college or high school and the managers are entry level.
Review
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), El Paso, TXOctober 17, 2014
Closing hours are the hardest shift because you need to make sure that store is perfectly clean for next day.
The store demand good looking people as associates or managers so not everyone is welcome to be part of the team.
enjoyable working environment
Impact team member (Former Employee), Düsseldorf, NWOctober 14, 2014
I worked in a young and dynamic team and learned how to work in a warehouse as well as how to advise customers. Another tasks were to maintain the Merchandise flow and to provide presentation standards.
It was a fun place to work
Regional Investigator (Former Employee), New Albany NYOctober 14, 2014
It was a great start to my Loss Prevention career. As a growing organization they're constantly working on ways to improve the opportunities for it's employees to succeed.
very bad mangement: not ok.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Cheektowaga, NYOctober 13, 2014
Pros: nice discount
Cons: very very discriminated
i loved putting my time into working for Abercombie & Fitch but this company wasn't at all good at letting the employees know their hard work has paid off. All the managers care about is getting new models that are attractive.. i don't think that is very professional.
Good first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 13, 2014
Abercrombie was a good place to work at during college summers.
Fun Enviorment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAOctober 10, 2014
Loved the people but did'nt care much for the hours due to to many workers to give hours
No focus on employees.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 10, 2014
Not a good company for continued career. Great company to "start off" out of college.

About Abercrombie & Fitch

Trading on its century-old name, Abercrombie & Fitch (A&F) sells upscale men's, women's, and kids' casual clothes and accessories – Read more

Abercrombie & Fitch Photos