Abercrombie & Fitch Employee Reviews in Canada

Impactor
Customer Service Specialist/ Model (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 15, 2014
If you just want to have a kind of part-time job experience, then fine, you can go there. not really for a long-term career path people. recommendation for students.
Work culture and experience
Sales Representative/Model (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMarch 2, 2014
The work culture at A&F is diverse and I experienced welcoming arms when it came to learning and working with customers. It is a friendly environment and a place to really feel at home.
I learned recruitment procedures, how to effectively deal with cash, interpersonal skills and patience.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to talk to each and every customer as much as I would like to.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to as many customers and co-workers as possible.
Good People, needs work on the culture
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 23, 2014
Fun Place to work with great people. Not a great deal of room for advancement quickly.
Pros
great people, who are young
Cons
strict company culture, alot of wasted time keeping things up to standard.
high intense fast pace retailer
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 11, 2013
Was in charge of the human resources for the store. Every week I wrote a schedule for the 300 managers and employees that we had. I ensured that all weekly updates were scheduled adequately and that payroll was controlled. I created weekly recruiting schedules and followed up with all recruits. I conducted 2 weekly group interviews as well as one weekly group orientation. I ensured all new hire paper work and training were 100% up to date. The hardest part of the job was the short turnovers from shift to shift (working till 3am and then being back to work for 8am). The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with such a large staff.
Pros
co-workers, recruiting, 1 hour lunch breaks, district management meetings
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2013
It was great working at abercrombie, the only thing I Disliked
is all the rules i understand every workplace has rules but abercrombie had horrible rules example: no nail polish, keep hair simple, flip flops or sandals only.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 11, 2013
Fun part time job, good management, lots of hardwork required. Great place to learn about customer service.
Good place to socialize
impact (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 28, 2013
One of the best things about Abercrombie is the fact that you get to meet and work with a lot of cool people who share the same hobbies and interests as you. But other than that, I would say this isn't one of the best jobs you can get as a student (and thats me putting it in a nice way). I didnt learn anything new here but I would say I enhanced my customer service skills while working here due to large volume of complaints you have to deal with everyday while working. Management can be good and can be bad, because of the fact that many managers are always using the company as a stepping stone into their careers and as soon as they find something better they're gone. But generally the management is okay at its best. Co-workers are great and im sure any person can fit right in as soon as they're hired. There isn't anything hard about the job but I would say the hardest thing would be to not get bored of the job within a month of being hired. Most enjoyable part of the job would be the socializing with customers and co-workers.
Pros
30% off most items in the store
Cons
no hours, short shifts, forced to buy their clothing
Fun work place with a diverse group of employees.
Sales Associate/Greeter/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 8, 2013
The environment is quite laid back and fun and the people are welcoming and friendly, and I can honestly say that I owe the diversity of my group of friends/acquaintances to the 2-3 years that I have worked at Abercrombie. It was also VERY flexible.Hence, it is an excellent part-time job for students. I was a greeter/cashier throughout my time there. However, I need to move on to more challenging job positions.
Fun place to work in, however sometimes unrealistically demanding
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 3, 2013
Love how I can be myself. The people are over all friendly and nice. Some superiors have a negative inlfuence. Some requirements are not realistic and practical. Some days can be demanding but overall doable.
Pros
good people, growth
Cons
demanding and stressful superiors
Unstable
Model/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2013
In abercrombie, there is NO raises. You cannot move up the ladder. By that I mean, you start as a sales associate and you stay as one. In order for you to move up into management, you must complete a University degree. College diplomas will only allow you to get an overnight manger position. It is a very unstable job. They hire every week and do not have enough hours to give to the old employees. Working there is mostly for socializing because majority of the time that is what you do. Besides the unstableness, no raises, and bad managerial position, it is a good workplace for those who want flexible hours. You can give away shifts, trade shifts, and pick up shifts very easily through the Facebook group they set up. They are very lenient as well.
Pros
very flexible
Cons
no hours
Laid back enviroment
Overnight Assosiate (Former Employee) –  TorontoJanuary 24, 2013
A typical night would involve folding and mechanising clothes, we were allowed to listen to our mp3 players which is what I most enjoyed about the job. The management were really nice and everyone generally got on as we were all around the same age 20s-30s.
Pros
listening to personal music
Cons
leaving late at night
Great job, great team
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Sherway Gardens, Toronto, OntarioJanuary 16, 2013
I enjoyed working at Abercrombie and Fitch. It was one of my first Retail Sales jobs. I gained a lot of experience working here. It was busy, and consistent. There was always something to do, or a customer that needed help. My co-workers were great, but it was definitely over staffed. Working at Abercrombie and Fitch was sort of an eye-opener to the Sales Marketing world, with the different tactics of Sales Strategies.
Pros
discount on clothing
Cons
the abercrombie perfume smell all over the store
Productive and professional
Retail sales in high (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 12, 2012
A typical word day would consist of maintaining the showroom, and preparing the stock room for easier accessibility for my co-workers. Throughout my employment with the company I have learned to work better within a team environment , and gained a better sense of independance and initiative.

The most enjoyable part of the day woukd be interacting with the customers and providing excellent service.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
short shifts
A fun and productive workplace
Model - sales associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaDecember 3, 2012
A typical day at work consists of customer service and standing and walking. The hardest part of the job is when you have to multi task with different customers when the store gets busy, especially having to stand for extensive periods of time or deal with a crowd. My co-workers were great for the most part. They are an enjoyable team to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is probably working as a cashier. Overall this is a fairly enjoyable job that is unfortunately underpaid.The flexible hours are a pro.
Not fun. Awful Music. Expensive Uniforms
Model (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2012
- 3 hour shifts were awful
- I learned that it is important to look perfect, but never look fake...
- Management didnèt care enough
- Coworkers were always quitting and there were too many new people all of the time
- Hardest Part: Paying about $400 per year for the hideous outfits they make you wear. Nave blue flippŷ floppies. Perky bows. Mini skirts. Strapless shirts. IN DECEMBER.
- Most Enjoyable Part: Quitting.
Pros
slight discount on clothing
Cons
everything was a con
Clothing retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 9, 2012
All the employers there were here were all very friendly and welcoming. It was a very busy environment and everyone was basically doing there own thing. The management was very nice as well. There was no hard part of the job really, however, the most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers.
a very fun place to be at. nice people nice music. but it doesnt pay muuch
model (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 18, 2012
a typical day at work for me would be. me walking into the store clock -in and start maintaining the sales floor. watching over cash and fitting rooms and just fold cloth all day help customers find the sizes they need. take a break come back do the same thing over again. close at 9 and start folding down the store room by room until everything is folded down help with the go-backs. clock out go home and do the same thing the next day
Cons
More than just a retail store
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  TorontoJune 6, 2012
Ensuring store standards and stock levels. Manage and develop staff. Providing great customer service.
Pros
free clothes, working with great people
Cons
not much job flexibility
Good workplace, Very well kept
Impact (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 3, 2012
Abercrombie and Fitch is a good that has very good management, and a store that will fit all of your clothing needs. The employees are very friendly as well, and will always help you with what is needed.
Flexible
Empresa textil (Former Employee) –  Leader (Engarcada)January 11, 2016
Abercrombe & Fitch es una empresa muy flexible. Te permitía hacer horas semanales que necesitabas hasta un máximo de 40h combinando horario de apertura, horario de medio día y de cierre. Cada año te subía el sueldo y había muy bien ambiente en el trabajo. Los superiores eran personas muy cercanas y siempre estaban pendientes del buen funcionamiento del departamento.