Abercrombie & Fitch Employee Reviews

Friendly but still gets the job done
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2015
A surprisingly well-oiled machine. Perhaps that was mostly attributed to the solid team of managers that worked very well together. The associates were friendly and welcoming; easy to be integrated into the culture and community.

Hard part of the job was getting good at it. It was easy to pick up the theory behind the training, but learning to multi-task while acknowledging customer needs was certainly a difficult challenge to overcome.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the first pick/peek of new products and seeing corporate decisions trickle down to the retail level.
Pros
friendly work environment, tightly knit community
Cons
short hours
nIce place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall9 July 2015
i had issues with language barrier. Management had a lot of people from a particular race and didn't regulate the language barrier, hence a feeling of not belonging.
Excelente experiencia
Model (dependienta) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Canada27 May 2015
Mi experiencia en Abercrombie and Fitch fue espectacular, desde el momento en que entré a trabajar me di cuenta de la excelencia con la que funciona todo allí. Me gustó mucho que al llegar el protocolo sea regristrarse, y al irse, también. De manera que se puede valorar la puntualidad y, además, se paga cada minuto que se trabaja.

La organización de los horarios de cada empleado eran muy acertados y, una ventaja destacable, era el hecho de poder cambiar turnos de trabajo con otros compañeros, en caso de que fuese necesario, sin problema alguno, siempre y cuando se notificase a los encargados.

La relación entre los empleados (dependientes) siempre fue muy positiva, con muchos de ellos, aun hoy y estando en España y ellos en Toronto, sigo teniendo relación.

La experiencia fue muy positiva en todo sentido, y logré cumplir uno de mis objetivos principales que era sentirme más a gusto hablando y entendiendo el inglés de diferentes acentos (en función de los clientes que se presentasen en la tienda) y enfrentarme a la dificultad de trabajar con excelencia allí, superando la barrera del idioma. Aprendí mucho, mejoré mi inglés y mi forma de vender y de relacionarme con los clientes.
Pros
Flexibilidad
Cons
Pocas horas de trabajo a la semana.
Productive, fun work environment that emphasizes teamwork and diversity
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2015
A typical day at work consists of providing exceptional customer service by ensuring to greet every single customer and assisting them when needed, as well as continuously maintaining my work area to make the store look appealing at all times. I learned that having interpersonal skills and being able to work with others is very important for this job as it is all about engaging others and providing hospitality. The management team is extremely effective in a way that they build relationships with their employees making it a comfortable work environment.
Sociable and Teen-Friendly Atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2015
Overall a great place to work if one is seeking work in the fashion industry. Good pay for fair work. Lifestyle is embedded into the company's principles as well as their merchandising and employee-customer relationships.
Fast paced, great for beginner experience, management is iffy
Part Time Impact team member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2014
Great job if you are skilled and are looking for hours. Scheduling is accommodating. Upper management is constantly in a flux so you never have a manager for more than a few months, which is sometimes a pain. In general a very friendly atmosphere.
Typical day at work and the fun side of it
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2014
-having to know the products being sold in the store and informing the customers about it as well
-standardizing the designated room that was given by the manager
-handling cash at the register and line control if chaotic
-very outgoing co-workers and as well as the managers
-learning about how putting customers in front of everything and letting them leave the store satisfied with the products purchased
-modeling shirtless for other stores through out Canada and the United States during holiday seasons
Pros
free food during holiday season or during overnight shifts
Cons
not much
Very fun place to work at.
Impact (Current Employee) –  Edmonton,AB21 October 2014
A very good atmosphere to work at.Nice people,customers.

I've made alot of friends there,people are nice to each other.
Kept records of sales
Sales (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 July 2014
• Kept records of promotions, sales and policies related to interactions and payment
fun place to work. always meeting new people.
Stockroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON26 April 2014
they're aren't really any typical days because everyday is different. the management team is really fun to be around & they actually care about your opinions.
Pros
long breaks
benefits
Abercrombie
MODEL/BRAND REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2014
Fortunate to be a part of the first Abercrombie in Canada. The atmosphere and anticipation surrounding this store's opening was crazy. Abercrombie supported our growth and development, working with us to help achieve our goals.The people were all around the same age, and got along incredibly. I stay in touch with many of the people I worked with including managers.
Pros
wonderful people
Fast paced environment
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2014
Fast paced environment and exposure to different roles from marketing to financial budgeting.
Impactor
Customer Service Specialist/ Model (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 March 2014
If you just want to have a kind of part-time job experience, then fine, you can go there. not really for a long-term career path people. recommendation for students.
Work culture and experience
Sales Representative/Model (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON2 March 2014
The work culture at A&F is diverse and I experienced welcoming arms when it came to learning and working with customers. It is a friendly environment and a place to really feel at home.
I learned recruitment procedures, how to effectively deal with cash, interpersonal skills and patience.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to talk to each and every customer as much as I would like to.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to as many customers and co-workers as possible.
Good People, needs work on the culture
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2014
Fun Place to work with great people. Not a great deal of room for advancement quickly.
Pros
Great people, who are young
Cons
strict company culture, alot of wasted time keeping things up to standard.
high intense fast pace retailer
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2013
Was in charge of the human resources for the store. Every week I wrote a schedule for the 300 managers and employees that we had. I ensured that all weekly updates were scheduled adequately and that payroll was controlled. I created weekly recruiting schedules and followed up with all recruits. I conducted 2 weekly group interviews as well as one weekly group orientation. I ensured all new hire paper work and training were 100% up to date. The hardest part of the job was the short turnovers from shift to shift (working till 3am and then being back to work for 8am). The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with such a large staff.
Pros
co-workers, recruiting, 1 hour lunch breaks, district management meetings
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2013
It was great working at abercrombie, the only thing I Disliked
is all the rules i understand every workplace has rules but abercrombie had horrible rules example: no nail polish, keep hair simple, flip flops or sandals only.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2013
Fun part time job, good management, lots of hardwork required. Great place to learn about customer service.
Good place to socialize
impact (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2013
One of the best things about Abercrombie is the fact that you get to meet and work with a lot of cool people who share the same hobbies and interests as you. But other than that, I would say this isn't one of the best jobs you can get as a student (and thats me putting it in a nice way). I didnt learn anything new here but I would say I enhanced my customer service skills while working here due to large volume of complaints you have to deal with everyday while working. Management can be good and can be bad, because of the fact that many managers are always using the company as a stepping stone into their careers and as soon as they find something better they're gone. But generally the management is okay at its best. Co-workers are great and im sure any person can fit right in as soon as they're hired. There isn't anything hard about the job but I would say the hardest thing would be to not get bored of the job within a month of being hired. Most enjoyable part of the job would be the socializing with customers and co-workers.
Pros
30% off most items in the store
Cons
No hours, short shifts, forced to buy their clothing
Fun work place with a diverse group of employees.
Sales Associate/Greeter/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2013
The environment is quite laid back and fun and the people are welcoming and friendly, and I can honestly say that I owe the diversity of my group of friends/acquaintances to the 2-3 years that I have worked at Abercrombie. It was also VERY flexible.Hence, it is an excellent part-time job for students. I was a greeter/cashier throughout my time there. However, I need to move on to more challenging job positions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abercrombie & Fitch. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9