Abercrombie & Fitch Employee Reviews in Canada

high intense fast pace retailer
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 11, 2013
Was in charge of the human resources for the store. Every week I wrote a schedule for the 300 managers and employees that we had. I ensured that all weekly updates were scheduled adequately and that payroll was controlled. I created weekly recruiting schedules and followed up with all recruits. I conducted 2 weekly group interviews as well as one weekly group orientation. I ensured all new hire paper work and training were 100% up to date. The hardest part of the job was the short turnovers from shift to shift (working till 3am and then being back to work for 8am). The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with such a large staff.
Pros
co-workers, recruiting, 1 hour lunch breaks, district management meetings
Abercrombie
MODEL/BRAND REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 5, 2014
Fortunate to be a part of the first Abercrombie in Canada. The atmosphere and anticipation surrounding this store's opening was crazy. Abercrombie supported our growth and development, working with us to help achieve our goals.The people were all around the same age, and got along incredibly. I stay in touch with many of the people I worked with including managers.
Pros
wonderful people
Unstable
Model/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2013
In abercrombie, there is NO raises. You cannot move up the ladder. By that I mean, you start as a sales associate and you stay as one. In order for you to move up into management, you must complete a University degree. College diplomas will only allow you to get an overnight manger position. It is a very unstable job. They hire every week and do not have enough hours to give to the old employees. Working there is mostly for socializing because majority of the time that is what you do. Besides the unstableness, no raises, and bad managerial position, it is a good workplace for those who want flexible hours. You can give away shifts, trade shifts, and pick up shifts very easily through the Facebook group they set up. They are very lenient as well.
Pros
very flexible
Cons
no hours
Fast paced, great for beginner experience, management is iffy
Part Time Impact team member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2014
Great job if you are skilled and are looking for hours. Scheduling is accommodating. Upper management is constantly in a flux so you never have a manager for more than a few months, which is sometimes a pain. In general a very friendly atmosphere.
Sociable and Teen-Friendly Atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Overall a great place to work if one is seeking work in the fashion industry. Good pay for fair work. Lifestyle is embedded into the company's principles as well as their merchandising and employee-customer relationships.
Fun place to work in, however sometimes unrealistically demanding
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 3, 2013
Love how I can be myself. The people are over all friendly and nice. Some superiors have a negative inlfuence. Some requirements are not realistic and practical. Some days can be demanding but overall doable.
Pros
good people, growth
Cons
demanding and stressful superiors
Laid back enviroment
Overnight Assosiate (Former Employee) –  TorontoJanuary 24, 2013
A typical night would involve folding and mechanising clothes, we were allowed to listen to our mp3 players which is what I most enjoyed about the job. The management were really nice and everyone generally got on as we were all around the same age 20s-30s.
Pros
listening to personal music
Cons
leaving late at night
Clothing retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 9, 2012
All the employers there were here were all very friendly and welcoming. It was a very busy environment and everyone was basically doing there own thing. The management was very nice as well. There was no hard part of the job really, however, the most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers.
fun place to work. always meeting new people.
Stockroom Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONApril 26, 2014
they're aren't really any typical days because everyday is different. the management team is really fun to be around & they actually care about your opinions.
Pros
long breaks
benefits
Good People, needs work on the culture
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 23, 2014
Fun Place to work with great people. Not a great deal of room for advancement quickly.
Pros
great people, who are young
Cons
strict company culture, alot of wasted time keeping things up to standard.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2013
It was great working at abercrombie, the only thing I Disliked
is all the rules i understand every workplace has rules but abercrombie had horrible rules example: no nail polish, keep hair simple, flip flops or sandals only.
Good workplace, Very well kept
Impact (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 3, 2012
Abercrombie and Fitch is a good that has very good management, and a store that will fit all of your clothing needs. The employees are very friendly as well, and will always help you with what is needed.
More than just a retail store
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  TorontoJune 6, 2012
Ensuring store standards and stock levels. Manage and develop staff. Providing great customer service.
Pros
free clothes, working with great people
Cons
not much job flexibility
Impactor
Customer Service Specialist/ Model (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 15, 2014
If you just want to have a kind of part-time job experience, then fine, you can go there. not really for a long-term career path people. recommendation for students.
Good place to socialize
impact (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 28, 2013
One of the best things about Abercrombie is the fact that you get to meet and work with a lot of cool people who share the same hobbies and interests as you. But other than that, I would say this isn't one of the best jobs you can get as a student (and thats me putting it in a nice way). I didnt learn anything new here but I would say I enhanced my customer service skills while working here due to large volume of complaints you have to deal with everyday while working. Management can be good and can be bad, because of the fact that many managers are always using the company as a stepping stone into their careers and as soon as they find something better they're gone. But generally the management is okay at its best. Co-workers are great and im sure any person can fit right in as soon as they're hired. There isn't anything hard about the job but I would say the hardest thing would be to not get bored of the job within a month of being hired. Most enjoyable part of the job would be the socializing with customers and co-workers.
Pros
30% off most items in the store
Cons
no hours, short shifts, forced to buy their clothing
Very fun place to work at.
Impact (Current Employee) –  Edmonton,ABOctober 21, 2014
A very good atmosphere to work at.Nice people,customers.

I've made alot of friends there,people are nice to each other.
Fast paced environment
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2014
Fast paced environment and exposure to different roles from marketing to financial budgeting.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 11, 2013
Fun part time job, good management, lots of hardwork required. Great place to learn about customer service.
Kept records of sales
Sales (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 27, 2014
• Kept records of promotions, sales and policies related to interactions and payment
Flexible
Empresa textil (Former Employee) –  Leader (Engarcada)January 11, 2016
Abercrombe & Fitch es una empresa muy flexible. Te permitía hacer horas semanales que necesitabas hasta un máximo de 40h combinando horario de apertura, horario de medio día y de cierre. Cada año te subía el sueldo y había muy bien ambiente en el trabajo. Los superiores eran personas muy cercanas y siempre estaban pendientes del buen funcionamiento del departamento.

2.9