Abercrombie & Fitch

Abercrombie & Fitch Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun place to work in retail
Model- Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 7, 2015
I really enjoy working at Abercrombie however trying to get hours has a tendency to be difficult at times. Great environment, great management. Pay is $7.25 They do expect a lot from you for a simple 7.25p/h. Management is great, and its an ideal job if you are in college however getting over two shifts a week again can be a challenge. physically job is easy. Black Friday will be your worse enemy.
It is a fun workplace, very easy to get along with others and opportunity to meet many different people.
Flagship Store Representative (Current Employee), New Albany, OHJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: scheduling
Cons: benefits
Working at the Abercrombie & Fitch Flagship store is pretty laid back, as long as you're doing what needs to be done at an efficient pace. Over the past 2 years and 3 months I have learned so much about the company and many of my coworkers. I have learned to adapt to many situations and people. I get along with many of my managers, they stay on top of what needs to be done and keeping the storefront up to par. There really isn't a hard part of my job, I am a fast learner and capable of handling any duties given to me. I enjoy my coworkers, they have become a family to me. The people I work with are the reason I enjoy my job as much as I do.
great place to begin your career
Store Manager (Current Employee), DMVJanuary 6, 2015
long hours but with dedication and the right connections, you can receive promotions quickly.
Loud music, fun clothes
Sales Associate & Stockroom Manager (Former Employee), Maple Grove, MNJanuary 6, 2015
Management was great, hours and pay wasn't so great, able to move around from location to location, discount was great.

put clothes away for clients, sweep floors, get a sneak peak at the latest new trends.

able move up in the company fairly easy.
N/A
Store Manager (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJanuary 5, 2015
Great company to gain management experience. A very inclusive work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was training and developing associates. A typical day at work was opening the store, doing maintenance checks on store property, planning and prioritizing work, directing associates, creating employee schedule, and performing displaying changes, just to name a few duties.
Fun place to work in a productive atmoshere
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), New Albany, OHDecember 27, 2014
Working here was very enjoyable with the fun atmosphere and people to work with. All days working here very very productive as well as fun.
Professional and active atmosphere
Model/Cashier (Former Employee), Northridge, CADecember 27, 2014
Pros: 15% discount of items (excluding fragrances)
Cons: inconsistent hours; company publicly has a bad reputation
A typical day at work would consist of a manager meeting first thing at the start of my shift. Then after we discussed the shrinkage (theft), I would make it to my station (mens, women's, cashier, etc.) Here I learned responsibility for the product. It was my mission to make sure the floor was neat and organized, and that I tend to anyone in need, especially suspected shoplifters. It was because of this I learned how to approach uncomfortable situations with caution and patience, never jumping to make a wrong assumption was a key lesson we were taught.

My co-workers were fun and lively, an attitude that would often rub off on me within our first conversation with each other. This made the atmosphere easy-going and made me feel comfortable; when I made a mistake I wasn't as afraid to ask for help.

For me, the most enjoyable part of the job was when I helped contribute to a sale, satisfying the customer as well as the company.
Retail Mall
Full-Time Stock Associate (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJDecember 25, 2014
• Managed and trained a part-time staff of 20 employees.
• Monitored shipping and receiving along with designing stockroom layout that led to .5% decrease in inventory shrinkage.
• Used planograms to organize seasonal floor sets; processed returns and exchanges while providing friendly customer service.
I already did a review
Model/Cashier (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJDecember 24, 2014
I dont feel like having to type another review of the same exact company, so i guess ill just type whatever comes to mind. Advancement for this company is horrible, why would you need a degree to become a manager? When you work somewhere for a certain amount of time you should be able to move up considering you have learned more than the new guy just coming in.
Sales Associate
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCDecember 23, 2014
I maintained the floor while I helped customers who needed help find what they needed. I also ran the cash registers and stocked in the back.
OK company
Mock Store Construction Supervisor (Former Employee), New Albany, OHDecember 22, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: too big of egos
Sometimes your peers think they are hot stuff working at Abercrombie. They need more average looking people there with less egos.
Fun, long hours standing
Retail Team Member (Former Employee), Valencia, CADecember 22, 2014
Pros: fun atmosphere
Cons: short breaks, bad management, perfectionists
It was a fun job because we had great managers, was harder because you had to stand for long periods of time and everything in this company has to be PERFECT. if a corner is off on a stack they make you redo the whole thing.
Productive and fun work place
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee), New Albany, OHDecember 20, 2014
Pros: gift cards
Cons: not enough hours
Getting everything ready on time and follow protocol.
Always on time and respect others
Enjoyable but also bland
Model (Current Employee), Strongsville, OHDecember 16, 2014
Pros: discount on clothing
Cons: hours not too flexible, short breaks
The typical day consists of you only doing your job, depending on what your title is in the store the work sometimes can be a little over whelming but not difficult. The co workers are any where from ages 18-24 so its easy to get along with a younger staff. The management was well and overall friendly plus good at there job.
Fun working enviroment, upbeat and nice clothing
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Vernon Hills, ILDecember 9, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: short hours
a typical day at work for me: folding the store, walking around the store to make sure no one is stealing. putting away clothes, working the register and getting fitting rooms.

I learned how to be a good multi tasker, and how to handle customers in a respectful way,

Management: the management team is very nice and respectful. there very flexible with hours, and has a good relationship with there employees.

Co-workers: my co workers are very friendly , we tend to get along very well. and everyone is nice to each other.

the hardest part of the job I would say is keeping up with the way we fold our clothes.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing all of the foreign shoppers.
Face paste, low reward
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 9, 2014
Employees were good to work with and there was always a fun environment.
There was also no room for advancement, employees were expendable, low work moral and ethics.
retail
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Grandville, MIDecember 6, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: poor pay
organizing folding clothes
i have good working relationships
most enjoyable part of the day would be making sales
i have learned to be reliable
hardest part of my job would be keeping a positive attitude with negative people
Great work environment for a social person as myself.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), LouisvilleDecember 4, 2014
Pros: met a lot of different people throughout the company, because i would have to travel to many different kentucky locations.
Cons: work/life balance was horrible, especially during the holidays.
Typical retail environment. Would come in for the day and complete preassigned tasks for the day. I learned a great deal about time management when it came to completing tasks for the day. Also, learned about inventory management. There was nothing hard about this job, the company was very organized and laid out day to day task very clearly. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting my wife.
fun job for a teenager
Impact Team Member (Former Employee), BraintreeNovember 30, 2014
many of the associates are teenagers. managing doesn't look as satisfying and fulfilling as other companies.
productive and fun place to work because everyone wants you to do well and the food is great as well
Associate (Current Employee), New Albany, OHNovember 25, 2014
My work day at this establishment is productive because i get to take three breaks which i feel like makes me more productive in my day. They have taught me how to better use an RF scanner and also drive a picker. My supervisor is eager for me to succeed and my co-workers are encouraging and helpful to me. The most difficult part of my job is standing for ten hrs. I enjoy riding on the equipment and the fact that espn is on in the main break room

About Abercrombie & Fitch

Trading on its century-old name, Abercrombie & Fitch (A&F) sells upscale men's, women's, and kids' casual clothes and accessories – Read more

Abercrombie & Fitch Photos