Abercrombie & Fitch Employee Reviews

Horrible Place with no outlook
FULL TIME STOCK (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 September 2016
Abercrombie is not a company that you want to spend a long time with. It has few incentives to do well and it creates a culture of laziness and high turnover. Its operations are too centralized and it leaves no room for employees or lower management to deal with situations in its own stores.
Change mangers too often
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 September 2016
Really tired to work there. And they change the managers too often, which makes me feel uncomfortable to work since we have to change the way to work there to match the style of different managers.
Great workplace and friendly crew members
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 June 2016
In A&F, the crew members are one family, we have good working relationship. Every day is a new day in the store, I don't know who will be my next customer, but I feel excited about this. Try my best to serve people and let them leave with a contented smile is my goal.
Pros
Employee discount
Fun workplace and enthusiastic coworkers. Minimal growth potential
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 June 2016
It's a fun company to work for but employees make very little. Employees also aren't given the opportunity to earn raises unless they come from a management position.
Pros
Fun enviroment
Cons
Minimal Pay
Great interactive environment
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON16 May 2016
It is a great place to interact with people. You also get to move around the store a lot to help customers with all their needs.
Pros
You can choose your availability
Cons
You may get a lot of call-in shifts
Exciting workplace and encouragement of expressing oneself
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON14 April 2016
We have four managers in total and each manager is responsible for floor supervising for certain time frame within a day. Floor supervising includes zoning associates to designated area to cover the floor with great customer service, making sure every customer is being greeted and assisted, and lastly making sure the salesfloor is shoppable and visual merchandising is in good shape. As an assistant manager at the store, I needed to respond quickly to incidents that happened and solved them in a calm and professional manner. I needed to leave sign-offs to my District Manager every time I opened/closed the store, notifying him on how we did for business and how we have managed hours and what we could have done to increase sales. The hardest part of the job was to ensure part-times associates are constantly showing up for their shifts as they were only high school students with exams and assignments to work on. I enjoyed working at Abercombie overall as I have learnt a lot not only when I was a Manager in Training, but also my leadership and management skills have greatly improved throughout. Also, our senior would write out a career development plan with me every 6 months to ensure our hard work was being appreciated and what we could improve on.
A little behind the times
Manager - Store Operations (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2016
The job is way different for someone who lives in the US but Canada has very limited opportunity for advancement with very high turnover of staff. The two are definitely linked. Schedule can be flexible depending on store but they don't really back up their store front employees.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Little room for growth
A hard to say environment
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON21 March 2016
I was firstly wanna apply MIT in this company and the management team are not really care about their employee and their needs. So I've been told to wait for the district manager and have further conversation with him. And I am still waiting.
Great workplace with fair management. Good as a part-time job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2016
This was a great place to work as the management was always fair and would work with your schedule. Co-workers were respectful and we would have fun in and out of work. I wouldn't recommend working here if you can't deal with randoms influxes of customers created high pressure situations. If you can pull together under stress though, you will be fine and enjoy your job. Not a job to join if you want to grow or move up, unless you are hired as a manager.
Really chill place with flexible schedules and a good management.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 December 2015
Strong costumer service culture which the employee needs to be talkative and willing to help the costumer as much as possible.
The management is really helpful and easy to deal with.
A really nice environment to work on.
They expect you to work like you get $50 per hour
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 November 2015
" Get something to do". You can't just greet customers, it is not enough. You have to FOLD clothes and clean the floor help the customers every single minute. That means they want to multitask with only minimum wage.
Pros
nothing
Cons
minimum wage, busy, mean managers
Friendly but still gets the job done
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2015
A surprisingly well-oiled machine. Perhaps that was mostly attributed to the solid team of managers that worked very well together. The associates were friendly and welcoming; easy to be integrated into the culture and community.

Hard part of the job was getting good at it. It was easy to pick up the theory behind the training, but learning to multi-task while acknowledging customer needs was certainly a difficult challenge to overcome.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the first pick/peek of new products and seeing corporate decisions trickle down to the retail level.
Pros
friendly work environment, tightly knit community
Cons
short hours
nIce place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall9 July 2015
i had issues with language barrier. Management had a lot of people from a particular race and didn't regulate the language barrier, hence a feeling of not belonging.
PRODUCTIVE
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2015
ITS GREAT, CANT COMPLAINHI GIOHHIHUU UOIPOIOHJUOBHKJB KHPIHOHPBI H OIJNPOHHU HUK JJJJB JBHUJ HBJB HBBOU BHUHIOU HBBIOB HBHBI HBIIPB BI PBIB IPI BHIBIB IBBB IPBKBIJB PUBIBIJKB IPBKJJN PIJNIJB PIB IOB OPIB BPIB IPBIBJB OGIU8IPHOB[
Pros
YOUNG KIDS
Cons
LONG STRESSFUL TASKS
Productive, fun work environment that emphasizes teamwork and diversity
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2015
A typical day at work consists of providing exceptional customer service by ensuring to greet every single customer and assisting them when needed, as well as continuously maintaining my work area to make the store look appealing at all times. I learned that having interpersonal skills and being able to work with others is very important for this job as it is all about engaging others and providing hospitality. The management team is extremely effective in a way that they build relationships with their employees making it a comfortable work environment.
Sociable and Teen-Friendly Atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2015
Overall a great place to work if one is seeking work in the fashion industry. Good pay for fair work. Lifestyle is embedded into the company's principles as well as their merchandising and employee-customer relationships.
Fast paced, great for beginner experience, management is iffy
Part Time Impact team member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2014
Great job if you are skilled and are looking for hours. Scheduling is accommodating. Upper management is constantly in a flux so you never have a manager for more than a few months, which is sometimes a pain. In general a very friendly atmosphere.
Typical day at work and the fun side of it
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2014
-having to know the products being sold in the store and informing the customers about it as well
-standardizing the designated room that was given by the manager
-handling cash at the register and line control if chaotic
-very outgoing co-workers and as well as the managers
-learning about how putting customers in front of everything and letting them leave the store satisfied with the products purchased
-modeling shirtless for other stores through out Canada and the United States during holiday seasons
Pros
free food during holiday season or during overnight shifts
Cons
not much
Very fun place to work at.
Impact (Current Employee) –  Edmonton,AB21 October 2014
A very good atmosphere to work at.Nice people,customers.

I've made alot of friends there,people are nice to each other.
Kept records of sales
Sales (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 July 2014
• Kept records of promotions, sales and policies related to interactions and payment

2.9