Abercrombie & Fitch Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
nice place to work to meet new people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 July 2017
a typical day varies quite a bit but the work generally doesnt change you're standardizing greeting customers and making sure everythings done to make sure the customer enjoys their visit and the place is as nice as possible. I didn't learn too much new besides some people are easier to work with then others as i've had other retail jobs before. The management was awesome to a good extent sometimes though they seemed abnormably stubborn or would get mad at you because you were just in the wrong place at the right time. The culture is interesting if you can't stand strong cologne smells i suggest you look elsewhere. The hardest part was probably keeping an eye on all the customers to make sure nothing got stolen. The most enjoyable was probably seeing a customer walk out with a smile.
Pros
half off clothing
Cons
some customers go out of their way to make you stressed
Environnement de travail multiculturel et dynamique
Stock Manager (Current Employee) –  Brussels, ON10 July 2017
Journée dynamique dans la quelle on fait plusieurs taches varies pendant la journée en ayant un contact directe avec nos employées qui nous donne l’opportunité de créer des liens professionnelles avec les quelles on peut influencer de maniéré positive dans notre production.
A la fois on est accompagne dune bonne équipe de collaborateurs qui nous aident a gérer l'entreprise pour chercher le bien être de l'employer comme la satisfaction du consommateur.
fun workplace with great people
brand sales representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 July 2017
Being on the job was a great experience to develop social skills and improve customer service performance, it helped me to approach to people easier and it motivated me to achieve great customer service. The easiest part of the job was being on time, the hardest was endure long hours at work. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I helped people with their concerns and satisfied their shopping experience.
Pros
Improving social skills
Cons
Great work experience working among diverse people of different ages all very friendly.
Sales associate/Back Stock (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 June 2017
I loved working here, going to work was exciting as the people who worked here had a great vibe and were also very easy to along with. Many were all students ranging from 17-27. working on the floor was fun as the store is usually maintained pretty well, back stock was even more fun cause you're doing your own thing, task given down my the manager to reach the goals for the day.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
no frequent shifts
This is only a side job. Full time hours only during holiday season
Brand Representative/ Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 May 2017
Good job but really boring when it is not Christmas. Do not expect to be full time, nobody but managers are. Managers are not really strict and are reasonable.
Pros
Nice coworkers, flexible schedule, relatively easy, no upselling
Cons
Hours during off season can be rough (4-10hrs w/full availability), Wage is stuck at minimum
Average Workplace
BRAND REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 May 2017
Majority of the coworkers that I worked with I built lasting friendships and relationships with and overall everyone got along well. What stood out and what really disappointed me about working here was the management that we had for our specific store.
Pros
Coworkers get along
Cons
Poor management and scheduling
Fun workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2017
Made great friends over the years. However looking back there wasn't much room to grow. Management lead by fear and intimidation rather than compassion.
Pros
Fun co-workers
Cons
Terrible upper management
Retail at High-End Fashion
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 March 2017
Ability to focus on different aspects of the business.
Meeting a diverse group of individuals.
Fast-paced environment.
Busy location, good practice for people skills.
nice
Brand representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2017
• Communication with customers
• Keeping the sales floor in good condition and constant floor set maintenance
• Assistance during store updates
• Cash-wrap duties
Great coworkers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2017
A laid back place to work with great coworkers. Changes at the executive level have the company moving in the right direction.
Fun place to work
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 January 2017
great environment, great staff, great management team. provides a very good place to start if you are interested in retail as AnF is definitely one of the high quality retail stores around.
Pros
fun and friendly staff
Cons
minimum wage
Easy place to work while in school
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 December 2016
it's a typical retail job with short hours, not much room for growth. People are great and fun to work with. Low maintenance job that is easy to keep on the side
A place to begin
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
All three of these companies treated me well as a student. They all were very flexible and accommodating of my school schedules, allowing me to exceed in post secondary school, while simultaneously being able to make some money on the side.

All 3 workplaces allowed me to develop key customer service skills.
Productive, nice and very social place of work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2016
It was a great place to work, the people were awesome and even better the customer. There weren't long hours given ever, during the holidays you maybe able to work a good amount of shifts other then that, an individual would work about once or twice biweekly.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Short hours
Horrible Place with no outlook
FULL TIME STOCK (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 September 2016
Abercrombie is not a company that you want to spend a long time with. It has few incentives to do well and it creates a culture of laziness and high turnover. Its operations are too centralized and it leaves no room for employees or lower management to deal with situations in its own stores.
Change mangers too often
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 September 2016
Really tired to work there. And they change the managers too often, which makes me feel uncomfortable to work since we have to change the way to work there to match the style of different managers.
Great workplace and friendly crew members
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 June 2016
In A&F, the crew members are one family, we have good working relationship. Every day is a new day in the store, I don't know who will be my next customer, but I feel excited about this. Try my best to serve people and let them leave with a contented smile is my goal.
Pros
Employee discount
Fun workplace and enthusiastic coworkers. Minimal growth potential
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 June 2016
It's a fun company to work for but employees make very little. Employees also aren't given the opportunity to earn raises unless they come from a management position.
Pros
Fun enviroment
Cons
Minimal Pay
Great interactive environment
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON16 May 2016
It is a great place to interact with people. You also get to move around the store a lot to help customers with all their needs.
Pros
You can choose your availability
Cons
You may get a lot of call-in shifts
Exciting workplace and encouragement of expressing oneself
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON14 April 2016
We have four managers in total and each manager is responsible for floor supervising for certain time frame within a day. Floor supervising includes zoning associates to designated area to cover the floor with great customer service, making sure every customer is being greeted and assisted, and lastly making sure the salesfloor is shoppable and visual merchandising is in good shape. As an assistant manager at the store, I needed to respond quickly to incidents that happened and solved them in a calm and professional manner. I needed to leave sign-offs to my District Manager every time I opened/closed the store, notifying him on how we did for business and how we have managed hours and what we could have done to increase sales. The hardest part of the job was to ensure part-times associates are constantly showing up for their shifts as they were only high school students with exams and assignments to work on. I enjoyed working at Abercombie overall as I have learnt a lot not only when I was a Manager in Training, but also my leadership and management skills have greatly improved throughout. Also, our senior would write out a career development plan with me every 6 months to ensure our hard work was being appreciated and what we could improve on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abercrombie & Fitch. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9