Abercrombie & Fitch Employee Reviews

Average Workplace
BRAND REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 May 2017
Majority of the coworkers that I worked with I built lasting friendships and relationships with and overall everyone got along well. What stood out and what really disappointed me about working here was the management that we had for our specific store.
Pros
Coworkers get along
Cons
Poor management and scheduling
Fun workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2017
Made great friends over the years. However looking back there wasn't much room to grow. Management lead by fear and intimidation rather than compassion.
Pros
Fun co-workers
Cons
Terrible upper management
Retail at High-End Fashion
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 March 2017
Ability to focus on different aspects of the business.
Meeting a diverse group of individuals.
Fast-paced environment.
Busy location, good practice for people skills.
nice
Brand representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2017
• Communication with customers
• Keeping the sales floor in good condition and constant floor set maintenance
• Assistance during store updates
• Cash-wrap duties
Great coworkers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2017
A laid back place to work with great coworkers. Changes at the executive level have the company moving in the right direction.
Fun place to work
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 January 2017
great environment, great staff, great management team. provides a very good place to start if you are interested in retail as AnF is definitely one of the high quality retail stores around.
Pros
fun and friendly staff
Cons
minimum wage
Easy place to work while in school
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 December 2016
it's a typical retail job with short hours, not much room for growth. People are great and fun to work with. Low maintenance job that is easy to keep on the side
Productive, nice and very social place of work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2016
It was a great place to work, the people were awesome and even better the customer. There weren't long hours given ever, during the holidays you maybe able to work a good amount of shifts other then that, an individual would work about once or twice biweekly.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Short hours
Horrible Place with no outlook
FULL TIME STOCK (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 September 2016
Abercrombie is not a company that you want to spend a long time with. It has few incentives to do well and it creates a culture of laziness and high turnover. Its operations are too centralized and it leaves no room for employees or lower management to deal with situations in its own stores.
Change mangers too often
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 September 2016
Really tired to work there. And they change the managers too often, which makes me feel uncomfortable to work since we have to change the way to work there to match the style of different managers.
Great workplace and friendly crew members
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 June 2016
In A&F, the crew members are one family, we have good working relationship. Every day is a new day in the store, I don't know who will be my next customer, but I feel excited about this. Try my best to serve people and let them leave with a contented smile is my goal.
Pros
Employee discount
Fun workplace and enthusiastic coworkers. Minimal growth potential
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 June 2016
It's a fun company to work for but employees make very little. Employees also aren't given the opportunity to earn raises unless they come from a management position.
Pros
Fun enviroment
Cons
Minimal Pay
Great interactive environment
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON16 May 2016
It is a great place to interact with people. You also get to move around the store a lot to help customers with all their needs.
Pros
You can choose your availability
Cons
You may get a lot of call-in shifts
Exciting workplace and encouragement of expressing oneself
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON14 April 2016
We have four managers in total and each manager is responsible for floor supervising for certain time frame within a day. Floor supervising includes zoning associates to designated area to cover the floor with great customer service, making sure every customer is being greeted and assisted, and lastly making sure the salesfloor is shoppable and visual merchandising is in good shape. As an assistant manager at the store, I needed to respond quickly to incidents that happened and solved them in a calm and professional manner. I needed to leave sign-offs to my District Manager every time I opened/closed the store, notifying him on how we did for business and how we have managed hours and what we could have done to increase sales. The hardest part of the job was to ensure part-times associates are constantly showing up for their shifts as they were only high school students with exams and assignments to work on. I enjoyed working at Abercombie overall as I have learnt a lot not only when I was a Manager in Training, but also my leadership and management skills have greatly improved throughout. Also, our senior would write out a career development plan with me every 6 months to ensure our hard work was being appreciated and what we could improve on.
A little behind the times
Manager - Store Operations (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2016
The job is way different for someone who lives in the US but Canada has very limited opportunity for advancement with very high turnover of staff. The two are definitely linked. Schedule can be flexible depending on store but they don't really back up their store front employees.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Little room for growth
A hard to say environment
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON21 March 2016
I was firstly wanna apply MIT in this company and the management team are not really care about their employee and their needs. So I've been told to wait for the district manager and have further conversation with him. And I am still waiting.
Flexible
Empresa textil (Former Employee) –  Leader (Engarcada)11 January 2016
Abercrombe & Fitch es una empresa muy flexible. Te permitía hacer horas semanales que necesitabas hasta un máximo de 40h combinando horario de apertura, horario de medio día y de cierre. Cada año te subía el sueldo y había muy bien ambiente en el trabajo. Los superiores eran personas muy cercanas y siempre estaban pendientes del buen funcionamiento del departamento.
Great workplace with fair management. Good as a part-time job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2016
This was a great place to work as the management was always fair and would work with your schedule. Co-workers were respectful and we would have fun in and out of work. I wouldn't recommend working here if you can't deal with randoms influxes of customers created high pressure situations. If you can pull together under stress though, you will be fine and enjoy your job. Not a job to join if you want to grow or move up, unless you are hired as a manager.
Really chill place with flexible schedules and a good management.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 December 2015
Strong costumer service culture which the employee needs to be talkative and willing to help the costumer as much as possible.
The management is really helpful and easy to deal with.
A really nice environment to work on.
They expect you to work like you get $50 per hour
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 November 2015
" Get something to do". You can't just greet customers, it is not enough. You have to FOLD clothes and clean the floor help the customers every single minute. That means they want to multitask with only minimum wage.
Pros
nothing
Cons
minimum wage, busy, mean managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abercrombie & Fitch. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9