Abercrombie & Fitch

Abercrombie & Fitch Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Abercrombie
MODEL/BRAND REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 5, 2014
Pros: wonderful people
Fortunate to be a part of the first Abercrombie in Canada. The atmosphere and anticipation surrounding this store's opening was crazy. Abercrombie supported our growth and development, working with us to help achieve our goals.The people were all around the same age, and got along incredibly. I stay in touch with many of the people I worked with including managers.
Impactor
Customer Service Specialist/ Model (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 15, 2014
If you just want to have a kind of part-time job experience, then fine, you can go there. not really for a long-term career path people. recommendation for students.
Work culture and experience
Sales Representative/Model (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONMarch 2, 2014
The work culture at A&F is diverse and I experienced welcoming arms when it came to learning and working with customers. It is a friendly environment and a place to really feel at home.
I learned recruitment procedures, how to effectively deal with cash, interpersonal skills and patience.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to talk to each and every customer as much as I would like to.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to as many customers and co-workers as possible.
Good People, needs work on the culture
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: great people, who are young
Cons: strict company culture, alot of wasted time keeping things up to standard.
Fun Place to work with great people. Not a great deal of room for advancement quickly.
high intense fast pace retailer
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 11, 2013
Pros: co-workers, recruiting, 1 hour lunch breaks, district management meetings
Cons: long hours
Was in charge of the human resources for the store. Every week I wrote a schedule for the 300 managers and employees that we had. I ensured that all weekly updates were scheduled adequately and that payroll was controlled. I created weekly recruiting schedules and followed up with all recruits. I conducted 2 weekly group interviews as well as one weekly group orientation. I ensured all new hire paper work and training were 100% up to date. The hardest part of the job was the short turnovers from shift to shift (working till 3am and then being back to work for 8am). The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with such a large staff.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2013
It was great working at abercrombie, the only thing I Disliked
is all the rules i understand every workplace has rules but abercrombie had horrible rules example: no nail polish, keep hair simple, flip flops or sandals only.
Unstable
Model/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: very flexible
Cons: no hours
In abercrombie, there is NO raises. You cannot move up the ladder. By that I mean, you start as a sales associate and you stay as one. In order for you to move up into management, you must complete a University degree. College diplomas will only allow you to get an overnight manger position. It is a very unstable job. They hire every week and do not have enough hours to give to the old employees. Working there is mostly for socializing because majority of the time that is what you do. Besides the unstableness, no raises, and bad managerial position, it is a good workplace for those who want flexible hours. You can give away shifts, trade shifts, and pick up shifts very easily through the Facebook group they set up. They are very lenient as well.
Laid back enviroment
Overnight Assosiate (Former Employee), TorontoJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: listening to personal music
Cons: leaving late at night
A typical night would involve folding and mechanising clothes, we were allowed to listen to our mp3 players which is what I most enjoyed about the job. The management were really nice and everyone generally got on as we were all around the same age 20s-30s.
Productive and professional
Retail sales in high (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 12, 2012
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: short shifts
A typical word day would consist of maintaining the showroom, and preparing the stock room for easier accessibility for my co-workers. Throughout my employment with the company I have learned to work better within a team environment , and gained a better sense of independance and initiative.

The most enjoyable part of the day woukd be interacting with the customers and providing excellent service.
A fun and productive workplace
Model - sales associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaDecember 3, 2012
A typical day at work consists of customer service and standing and walking. The hardest part of the job is when you have to multi task with different customers when the store gets busy, especially having to stand for extensive periods of time or deal with a crowd. My co-workers were great for the most part. They are an enjoyable team to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is probably working as a cashier. Overall this is a fairly enjoyable job that is unfortunately underpaid.The flexible hours are a pro.
Not fun. Awful Music. Expensive Uniforms
Model (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2012
Pros: slight discount on clothing
Cons: everything was a con
- 3 hour shifts were awful
- I learned that it is important to look perfect, but never look fake...
- Management didnèt care enough
- Coworkers were always quitting and there were too many new people all of the time
- Hardest Part: Paying about $400 per year for the hideous outfits they make you wear. Nave blue flippŷ floppies. Perky bows. Mini skirts. Strapless shirts. IN DECEMBER.
- Most Enjoyable Part: Quitting.
More than just a retail store
Store Manager (Former Employee), TorontoJune 6, 2012
Pros: free clothes, working with great people
Cons: not much job flexibility
Ensuring store standards and stock levels. Manage and develop staff. Providing great customer service.

About Abercrombie & Fitch

Trading on its century-old name, Abercrombie & Fitch (A&F) sells upscale men's, women's, and kids' casual clothes and accessories – Read more

Abercrombie & Fitch Photos