Abercrombie & Fitch

Abercrombie & Fitch Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Abercrombie
MODEL/BRAND REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 5, 2014
Pros: wonderful people
Fortunate to be a part of the first Abercrombie in Canada. The atmosphere and anticipation surrounding this store's opening was crazy. Abercrombie supported our growth and development, working with us to help achieve our goals.The people were all around the same age, and got along incredibly. I stay in touch with many of the people I worked with including – more... managers. – less
Impactor
Customer Service Specialist/ Model (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 15, 2014
If you just want to have a kind of part-time job experience, then fine, you can go there. not really for a long-term career path people. recommendation for students.
Work culture and experience
Sales Representative/Model (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONMarch 2, 2014
The work culture at A&F is diverse and I experienced welcoming arms when it came to learning and working with customers. It is a friendly environment and a place to really feel at home.
I learned recruitment procedures, how to effectively deal with cash, interpersonal skills and patience.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to talk to each – more... and every customer as much as I would like to.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to as many customers and co-workers as possible. – less
Good People, needs work on the culture
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: great people, who are young
Cons: strict company culture, alot of wasted time keeping things up to standard.
Fun Place to work with great people. Not a great deal of room for advancement quickly.
high intense fast pace retailer
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 11, 2013
Pros: co-workers, recruiting, 1 hour lunch breaks, district management meetings
Cons: long hours
Was in charge of the human resources for the store. Every week I wrote a schedule for the 300 managers and employees that we had. I ensured that all weekly updates were scheduled adequately and that payroll was controlled. I created weekly recruiting schedules and followed up with all recruits. I conducted 2 weekly group interviews as well as one weekly – more... group orientation. I ensured all new hire paper work and training were 100% up to date. The hardest part of the job was the short turnovers from shift to shift (working till 3am and then being back to work for 8am). The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with such a large staff. – less
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2013
It was great working at abercrombie, the only thing I Disliked
is all the rules i understand every workplace has rules but abercrombie had horrible rules example: no nail polish, keep hair simple, flip flops or sandals only.
Unstable
Model/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: very flexible
Cons: no hours
In abercrombie, there is NO raises. You cannot move up the ladder. By that I mean, you start as a sales associate and you stay as one. In order for you to move up into management, you must complete a University degree. College diplomas will only allow you to get an overnight manger position. It is a very unstable job. They hire every week and do not – more... have enough hours to give to the old employees. Working there is mostly for socializing because majority of the time that is what you do. Besides the unstableness, no raises, and bad managerial position, it is a good workplace for those who want flexible hours. You can give away shifts, trade shifts, and pick up shifts very easily through the Facebook group they set up. They are very lenient as well. – less
Laid back enviroment
Overnight Assosiate (Former Employee), TorontoJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: listening to personal music
Cons: leaving late at night
A typical night would involve folding and mechanising clothes, we were allowed to listen to our mp3 players which is what I most enjoyed about the job. The management were really nice and everyone generally got on as we were all around the same age 20s-30s.
Productive and professional
Retail sales in high (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 12, 2012
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: short shifts
A typical word day would consist of maintaining the showroom, and preparing the stock room for easier accessibility for my co-workers. Throughout my employment with the company I have learned to work better within a team environment , and gained a better sense of independance and initiative.

The most enjoyable part of the day woukd be interacting with – more... the customers and providing excellent service. – less
A fun and productive workplace
Model - sales associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaDecember 3, 2012
A typical day at work consists of customer service and standing and walking. The hardest part of the job is when you have to multi task with different customers when the store gets busy, especially having to stand for extensive periods of time or deal with a crowd. My co-workers were great for the most part. They are an enjoyable team to work with. – more... The most enjoyable part of the job is probably working as a cashier. Overall this is a fairly enjoyable job that is unfortunately underpaid.The flexible hours are a pro. – less
Not fun. Awful Music. Expensive Uniforms
Model (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2012
Pros: slight discount on clothing
Cons: everything was a con
- 3 hour shifts were awful
- I learned that it is important to look perfect, but never look fake...
- Management didnèt care enough
- Coworkers were always quitting and there were too many new people all of the time
- Hardest Part: Paying about $400 per year for the hideous outfits they make you wear. Nave blue flippŷ floppies. Perky bows. Mini skirts. – more... Strapless shirts. IN DECEMBER.
- Most Enjoyable Part: Quitting. – less
More than just a retail store
Store Manager (Former Employee), TorontoJune 6, 2012
Pros: free clothes, working with great people
Cons: not much job flexibility
Ensuring store standards and stock levels. Manage and develop staff. Providing great customer service.
JOB EXPERIENCE
Customer service (Former Employee), Beverly Hills, CASeptember 16, 2014
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK IS MAKING SURE YOU MEET EVERY CUSTOMERS NEEDS. BY WORKING IN RETAIL AND SERVING IVE LEARNED THE MEANING OF CUSTOMER SERVICE. ITS NOT JUST ABOUT SERVING THE CUSTOMER ITS ABOUT MAKING SURE YOUR CUSTOMER HAS THE BEST EXPERIENCE AND THEM WANTING TO COME BACK TO YOUR ESTABLISHMENT. THE HARDEST PART ABOUT THE JOB IS TO FOLLOW THE COMPANIES – more... GUIDELINES AND STILL PLEASE THE CUSTOMERS. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART ABOUT THE JOB IS SEEING YOU CUSTOMER/CLIENT SMILE, IT LETS ME KNOW IM DOING MY JOB! EVERY COMPANY IVE WORKED AT IVE MADE IT MY DUTY TO GET ALONG WITH EVERY CUSTOMER, CO-WORKER, AND MANAGER. I ALSO FOLLOW AND GIVE DIRECTION WELL. EVERYONE IS THERE TO HELP EACHOTHER AND WORK AS A TEAM!!!! – less
Fun workplace with a work out area.
Associate (Former Employee), New Albany, OHSeptember 15, 2014
Very productive work spaces, but short breaks and frequent overtime requirements.
Abercrombie & Fitch
Driver (Current Employee), New Albany, OHSeptember 15, 2014
Excellent place to work, room to advance. In the time I have been with A&F, I have gone from a replenishment to being a handler. Certified in Fork Lift, PJ and the Reach. I have been recently promoted to the IT Testing Team, eager to learn Manhatton and the inside and out or the operation in the DTC.
Fun place to work, can get good hours if you work hard
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Concord, CASeptember 14, 2014
It's a great place to work at if you are a college student. Some people had a hard time getting hours but if you're a good employee you should have no problem getting 15-25 hours a week, based on my experience. Really social job enviornment. Once you get your degree you can move up to assistant manager if you've done a good job.
Low Pay
Store Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZSeptember 11, 2014
Job security is solid, but retention is quite low given low salary for all of the responsibility that comes with running a store, training associates and assistant managers.
The Worst Job I've Ever Had
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lone Tree, COSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: nothing at all
Cons: store smells bad, is dark, no benefits, bad hours, no flexibility, rude
A typical day at Abercrombie consisted of being criticized as soon as you walked in the door. "You have too much make up on, you don't have enough on, your shirt looks weird, etc." Everyone who worked at my store was unwelcoming and called me poor and ugly. The customers were nothing short of terror and when I attempted to help customers my managers – more... would yell at the customer and then yell at me. I worked very hard to maintain the store and other people would reap the benefits by getting extended breaks, and being favored, simply because they were friends with the managers. There was nothing enjoyable about this job. Everyone was rude, there were no benefits, the pay was minimum wage, and no matter how hard I worked it didn't matter.There was no schedule consistency. There were many 'call-in shifts', meaning, you had to be prepared to work, but you probably won't be called in to work but you call an hour before you're scheduled to see if they want you. Some weeks I had 30 hours, some 4 hours. No rhyme or reason to it. When I put in my two weeks notice, after six months of working in this cruel environment my manager said, "I'll take you off the schedule, don't even bother coming in anymore. What's your name again, so I can take you off?" – less
fun
Sales & Stock Associate (Former Employee), Fairfax, VASeptember 10, 2014
fun environment with friendly managers and employees
processed transactions, assisted customers in finding articles
did inventory
FRIENDLY AND PROFESSIONAL COLLEAGUES AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 8, 2014
FRIENDLY AND PROFESSIONAL COLLEAGUES AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT

1 2 3 4 5

About Abercrombie & Fitch

Trading on its century-old name, Abercrombie & Fitch (A&F) sells upscale men's, women's, and kids' casual clothes and accessories – Read more

Abercrombie & Fitch Photos