Abercrombie & Fitch

Abercrombie & Fitch Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very fun place to work at.
Impact (Current Employee), Edmonton,ABOctober 21, 2014
A very good atmosphere to work at.Nice people,customers.

I've made alot of friends there,people are nice to each other.
Abercrombie
MODEL/BRAND REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 5, 2014
Pros: wonderful people
Fortunate to be a part of the first Abercrombie in Canada. The atmosphere and anticipation surrounding this store's opening was crazy. Abercrombie supported our growth and development, working with us to help achieve our goals.The people were all around the same age, and got along incredibly. I stay in touch with many of the people I worked with including – more... managers. – less
Impactor
Customer Service Specialist/ Model (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 15, 2014
If you just want to have a kind of part-time job experience, then fine, you can go there. not really for a long-term career path people. recommendation for students.
Work culture and experience
Sales Representative/Model (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONMarch 2, 2014
The work culture at A&F is diverse and I experienced welcoming arms when it came to learning and working with customers. It is a friendly environment and a place to really feel at home.
I learned recruitment procedures, how to effectively deal with cash, interpersonal skills and patience.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to talk to each – more... and every customer as much as I would like to.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to as many customers and co-workers as possible. – less
Good People, needs work on the culture
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: great people, who are young
Cons: strict company culture, alot of wasted time keeping things up to standard.
Fun Place to work with great people. Not a great deal of room for advancement quickly.
high intense fast pace retailer
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 11, 2013
Pros: co-workers, recruiting, 1 hour lunch breaks, district management meetings
Cons: long hours
Was in charge of the human resources for the store. Every week I wrote a schedule for the 300 managers and employees that we had. I ensured that all weekly updates were scheduled adequately and that payroll was controlled. I created weekly recruiting schedules and followed up with all recruits. I conducted 2 weekly group interviews as well as one weekly – more... group orientation. I ensured all new hire paper work and training were 100% up to date. The hardest part of the job was the short turnovers from shift to shift (working till 3am and then being back to work for 8am). The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with such a large staff. – less
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2013
It was great working at abercrombie, the only thing I Disliked
is all the rules i understand every workplace has rules but abercrombie had horrible rules example: no nail polish, keep hair simple, flip flops or sandals only.
Unstable
Model/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: very flexible
Cons: no hours
In abercrombie, there is NO raises. You cannot move up the ladder. By that I mean, you start as a sales associate and you stay as one. In order for you to move up into management, you must complete a University degree. College diplomas will only allow you to get an overnight manger position. It is a very unstable job. They hire every week and do not – more... have enough hours to give to the old employees. Working there is mostly for socializing because majority of the time that is what you do. Besides the unstableness, no raises, and bad managerial position, it is a good workplace for those who want flexible hours. You can give away shifts, trade shifts, and pick up shifts very easily through the Facebook group they set up. They are very lenient as well. – less
Laid back enviroment
Overnight Assosiate (Former Employee), TorontoJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: listening to personal music
Cons: leaving late at night
A typical night would involve folding and mechanising clothes, we were allowed to listen to our mp3 players which is what I most enjoyed about the job. The management were really nice and everyone generally got on as we were all around the same age 20s-30s.
Productive and professional
Retail sales in high (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 12, 2012
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: short shifts
A typical word day would consist of maintaining the showroom, and preparing the stock room for easier accessibility for my co-workers. Throughout my employment with the company I have learned to work better within a team environment , and gained a better sense of independance and initiative.

The most enjoyable part of the day woukd be interacting with – more... the customers and providing excellent service. – less
A fun and productive workplace
Model - sales associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaDecember 3, 2012
A typical day at work consists of customer service and standing and walking. The hardest part of the job is when you have to multi task with different customers when the store gets busy, especially having to stand for extensive periods of time or deal with a crowd. My co-workers were great for the most part. They are an enjoyable team to work with. – more... The most enjoyable part of the job is probably working as a cashier. Overall this is a fairly enjoyable job that is unfortunately underpaid.The flexible hours are a pro. – less
Not fun. Awful Music. Expensive Uniforms
Model (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2012
Pros: slight discount on clothing
Cons: everything was a con
- 3 hour shifts were awful
- I learned that it is important to look perfect, but never look fake...
- Management didnèt care enough
- Coworkers were always quitting and there were too many new people all of the time
- Hardest Part: Paying about $400 per year for the hideous outfits they make you wear. Nave blue flippŷ floppies. Perky bows. Mini skirts. – more... Strapless shirts. IN DECEMBER.
- Most Enjoyable Part: Quitting. – less
More than just a retail store
Store Manager (Former Employee), TorontoJune 6, 2012
Pros: free clothes, working with great people
Cons: not much job flexibility
Ensuring store standards and stock levels. Manage and develop staff. Providing great customer service.
Retail Mall
Full-Time Stock Associate (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJDecember 25, 2014
• Managed and trained a part-time staff of 20 employees.
• Monitored shipping and receiving along with designing stockroom layout that led to .5% decrease in inventory shrinkage.
• Used planograms to organize seasonal floor sets; processed returns and exchanges while providing friendly customer service.
I already did a review
Model/Cashier (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJDecember 24, 2014
I dont feel like having to type another review of the same exact company, so i guess ill just type whatever comes to mind. Advancement for this company is horrible, why would you need a degree to become a manager? When you work somewhere for a certain amount of time you should be able to move up considering you have learned more than the new guy just – more... coming in. – less
Sales Associate
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCDecember 23, 2014
I maintained the floor while I helped customers who needed help find what they needed. I also ran the cash registers and stocked in the back.
OK company
Mock Store Construction Supervisor (Former Employee), New Albany, OHDecember 22, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: too big of egos
Sometimes your peers think they are hot stuff working at Abercrombie. They need more average looking people there with less egos.
Fun, long hours standing
Retail Team Member (Former Employee), Valencia, CADecember 22, 2014
Pros: fun atmosphere
Cons: short breaks, bad management, perfectionists
It was a fun job because we had great managers, was harder because you had to stand for long periods of time and everything in this company has to be PERFECT. if a corner is off on a stack they make you redo the whole thing.
Productive and fun work place
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee), New Albany, OHDecember 20, 2014
Pros: gift cards
Cons: not enough hours
Getting everything ready on time and follow protocol.
Always on time and respect others
Enjoyable but also bland
Model (Current Employee), Strongsville, OHDecember 16, 2014
Pros: discount on clothing
Cons: hours not too flexible, short breaks
The typical day consists of you only doing your job, depending on what your title is in the store the work sometimes can be a little over whelming but not difficult. The co workers are any where from ages 18-24 so its easy to get along with a younger staff. The management was well and overall friendly plus good at there job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Abercrombie & Fitch

Trading on its century-old name, Abercrombie & Fitch (A&F) sells upscale men's, women's, and kids' casual clothes and accessories – Read more

Abercrombie & Fitch Photos