AbeBooks.com, an Amazon company, is looking for a results-driven Senior Finance Manager to head the Finance team at our headquarters in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. This position will be a critical finance partner to the business, responsible for driving growth, cost out and operational initiatives and will report directly into the CEO of AbeBooks. The successful candidate will completely own the AbeBooks and subsidiaries P&L, will lead across many diverse finance and business functions and will actively manage the top and bottom line health of this business. This individual will provide strategic guidance and decision support in this internationally operating online business. You will also collaborate closely with your peers at Amazon to share best practices and to coordinate companywide initiatives.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Lead, mentor and continue to develop an experienced finance team in two locations (Headquarter in Victoria, BC and Duesseldorf Germany)
- Lead all tax and financial audits of the business in close cooperation with central Amazon teams
- Lead generation of monthly and annual financials including consolidation into Amazon finance team
- Coordinate key company-wide tax and legal topics with Amazon’s central in Seattle
- Leading ad hoc financial analyses and new business development deals
- Leading and participating as the key finance stakeholder in cross functional teams
- Managing the reporting on weekly financial and operational performance metrics
- Driving long and short term financial planning
- Provide direction and mentoring to finance team members
- Driving cross-business analytic projects for senior management, with financial modeling, data mining and presentation support
- Creating, improving, and maintaining long-term strategic finance models including market segment share analysis, P&L expectations, and cash flow analysis with sensitivities.
- BA/BS required
- 10 plus years in finance roles with progressively increasing levels of responsibility
- MBA preferred
- Strong analytic, financial modeling and reporting skills required
- MS in Finance or other quantitative areas preferred
- Experience in an e-commerce business environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Cognos, Essbase, Oracle etc.
AbeBooks provides competitive salaries and great benefits. If you enjoy constantly thinking on your feet, creating a first class finance team, and helping to drive the long-term strategy of the business, please submit your resume at www.abebooks.com/careers.
We appreciate your interest in AbeBooks!
Indeed - 30+ days ago