Abbott Laboratories

Abbott Laboratories Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Job Details
Active Directory Migration Engineer (Current Employee), Chicago ILDecember 15, 2013
This is a great contract once you put aside the politics, The people are great and dedicated
Fast paced environment but lots of fun
Lead Tech/Y2K Specialist - Contract (Former Employee), Las Colinas, TXDecember 12, 2013
loved the people the management and the challenges. When you left at the end of the day you felt like you completed something good.
Productive and fun work place with volley ball and basket balll courts
Process Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee), Temecula, CADecember 11, 2013
Pros: nice pot lucks
Cons: lots of lay offs
Great place to work.a stagering amout of paper work and lots of document writing.
Diversity in ideas, got to launch products and take team to winning culture
SPECIALTY DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee), Abbott Park, ILDecember 11, 2013
Pros: diversity of thought which enabled the team to grow
Cons: no new launches, cutbacks
SPECIALTY DISTRICT MANAGER – GEORGIA, ALABAMA, SOUTH CAROLINA
Amazing company with diversity of thought and ideas. Took team to the top and worked with an established drug, generics and managed care world.
the best place to work,was there 3 times on contract
sr buyer (Former Employee), irving txDecember 10, 2013
company well organized with great business model---well thought of in the industry---mfg was moved to Singapore
Fast paced, regulatory driven, focused on quality.
Training Facilitator (Former Employee), Lake Forest, ILDecember 9, 2013
Good company with benefit packages that are great for the employee. Organizations within this company vary in terms of management styles and group dynamics. There are some limited opportunities for advancement.
abbott
Operator (Former Employee), temecula CADecember 3, 2013
Its a routine everyday at work. if you don't have an initiative you will be stuck at a work station. Great training programs but never got to use it to excel through a different job title/possession because of lack of promotions and unfair evaluations. The hardest part of my job is not really getting any recognitions on the hard work n efforts that – more... was put in to excel through the company. The best part of being at work is when I get asked to work with engineers for some RnD(research and development) work because I get to learn from well experienced technicians and engineer making the next generation product – less
It was a productive and fun work place.
Manufacturing Operator II (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CADecember 2, 2013
I've gained many friends in the course of having this job and have also learned a great deal about the way to properly work with chemical reagents. The management and personnel in higher divisions were easily accessible and were understanding of situations if ever we made a mistake.
Wonderful company to work for. I would still be there if the split had not happened.
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee), Abbott Park, ILDecember 2, 2013
Pros: great cafe great co-workers lovely holiday lunch and great healthcare.
Cons: the office was to cold. had to have a space heater running year round.
Abbott was a great company to work for. I enjoyed my co-workers and also the management team as well. My typical day at work was to process orders and assist internal and external clients. The hardest part of the job was when orders were over $50,000.00 I would have to have the Agent to approve and sometimes they were backed up with meetings and I was – more... not able to get the orders processed as quickly as I would have liked. I learned how to balance the difficult orders and how to have my Agents assist me with getting the orders processed. The most enjoyable part of my job was being with my co-workers and also being able to assist my clients. – less
Company has changed over the last 5 years. A lot of out-sourcing going on.
Systems Analyst / Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Abbott Park, ILNovember 30, 2013
Company has changed a lot in management philosophy over the last 5 years. Constant out-sourcing going on. Moral is low.
Big company full of oportunities
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Temecula, CANovember 27, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
very good company with the chances of learn every day, lots of diversity about cultures because you had the chance to work with people from all the way around the world
Productive and collaborative place to work
Sr. Global IT Auditor (Former Employee), Green Oaks, ILNovember 20, 2013
I enjoyed working there and loved my team and management. Co-workers were always willing to help and it was a great atmosphere to work in.
Productive and demanding work environment
Sr. Business Application Analyst (Former Employee), Temecula, CANovember 18, 2013
Plenty of opportunities for complex and diverse projects and assignments
Cross-Functional teams
Forward thinking group
Willing to incorporate latest technology in order to meet customer needs
My abilities not recognized, nor used to their greatest potential.
Assembler III, Senior Operator (Former Employee), Temecula, CANovember 18, 2013
Everybody felt like the company just cared for the new technology they just acquired, not the people. And then they showed it by having a series of layoffs - wave after wave. Had to work in an environment of uncertainty, which is very stressful.
Not a bad job
Cashier (Former Employee), Abbott Park, ILNovember 18, 2013
Pros: free lunch, healthcare
Cons: job advancement
I learned to communicate well with customers. I developed customer service skills. Multitasking in a fast paced environment. Responsible for closing the building for the day. I helped manage the safe and issue deposits for the day. The best part about working for the company was the healthcare that they provided.
Fast paced manufacturing and shipping facility
Distribution Crew Leader (Former Employee), Altavista, VANovember 15, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: poor communication between management and employees
Learned the entire manufacturing process from the introduction of raw materials and ingredients, to the final product packaged and shipped to customers. Practiced plant sanitation, 5S organization, and safety on the job. Hardest part of the job was being able to forecast customer demand for our products.
I worked there during the merger between Guidant and Abbott
Senior Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CANovember 13, 2013
Very busy with many changes in the organization. That is all I can think of to say. Sorry
Productive and challenging
Neuroscience Specialty Representative Level II (Former Employee), Abbott Park, ILNovember 12, 2013
Pros: work and personal life balance
Called on Neurologist and Psychiatrist. Typical day was promoting Depakote ER to these doctors. Excellent Sales Manager to work for.
Direct Sales Representative working in a call center responsible for advising the inbound consumers calls while selling sports supplements.
Direct Sales Representative and Fitness Advisor (Former Employee), Golden, CONovember 12, 2013
Pros: education and importance of ongoing exercise and nutrition, free and wholesale supplements, state of the art work-out facility
Cons: i was going to school full time and going right to work at six pm until12 pm
A typical day at EAS would involve advising inbound customers on exercise, nutrition, and the large array of products that could help them reach their goals. Often times, customers would compare our products to our competition’s pricing, like GNC. I developed a great sense of product differentiation, matching and beating various price points, and the – more... art of up-selling, and educating our clients to meet their particular needs.

EAS management was great. Call center employees were continuously trained on new products, incentivized and rewarded fairly, and encouraged to grow and advance.
My co-workers were like family. We would work out together, discuss products and strategies, and hold each other accountable in both our personal and career goals.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping regular clients achieve their goals. When they won, I won. I never got tired of their enthusiasm and appreciation for the gains I was able to help them make. To this day, EAS/ Abbott Laboratories was the most rewarding job I've had. – less
Great bebefits
Certified trainer (Current Employee), Temecula, CANovember 10, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: always worry about a layoff
When I first started there it was a great place to work. Then it was called Guidant, once Abbott took over that's when it all went down hill. I liked the people I worked with however there were so many layoffs that the ones you liked were always gone the next day. I did learn multiple skills in the manufacturing world including inside a Clean room. – more... Learned multiple operations even one that only 30% of the people who tried finished. – less

About Abbott Laboratories

Abbott Laboratories (NYSE: ABT) is a global, diversified (multi-division) pharmaceuticals and health care products company. It – Read more

Abbott Laboratories Photos