Abbott Laboratories

Abbott Laboratories Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
1st Business Level Job
Purchasing Intern (Former Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 25, 2014
This was my first job in a business environment. It helped me to become very detailed oriented working with purchase orders. I managed purchase orders in an Oracle database, and also helped keep supplier shipping dates in line with our departments agents.
Productive, Team-Oriented, Positive colleagues
Corporate Real Estate Intern (Former Employee), Abbott Park, ILFebruary 25, 2014
As an Intern I was given opportunities to prove what I had learned in college to that point. I was not micro-managed besides an occasional check-up to verify that I had completed tasks by the timeline I was asked to. However, there were times when I needed assistance and every single person in the office was willing to help me ranging from a Vice President – more... of Abbott Laboratories, to senior Real Estate managers, to younger real estate employees.

I learned great negotiating skills, the importance of social skills with clients, and great attention to detail within something so precisely written as a property lease.

I was honored to be able to sit-in on conference calls of major deals with my boss, the Vice President, and offer opinions and receive feedback.

My colleagues were instrumental in assisting me and guiding me throughout the summer and because of them, I learned a great deal. – less
Abbott Diagnostics
Senior Lead Technical Specialist (Former Employee), Irving TexasFebruary 25, 2014
This was my first experience in industry. It was a great job and taught me about the industry
work on field force feedback
AREA MANAGER (Current Employee), Dehra Dun, ULFebruary 24, 2014
good to work in abbott
learned how to lead team
result orientataion
people focus
A wonderful place to work and make a career
Senior Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Abbott Park, ILFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: complicated parking
Abbott labs was great. Daytime hours were not rigidly defined and gave employees the freedom to accomplish their work on flexible schedules with minimal pressure. Jobs were always finished on-time and to a high standard because of a mutual respect for the work everyone was doing and desires to help each other accomplish goals. Projects were challenging, – more... but highly rewarding and the general atmosphere was one of success and high standards. – less
People company
QA Training Administrator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Barceloneta, Puerto RicoFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: learning new things, helping others
On a daily basis my co-workers and management strive to make things happen. They are pasionate with their job

They realy go the extra mile to accomplish their goals and have compliance made.

A very good place to work.
Truly enjoyed my career and coworkers at Abbott Labs
Group Leader (Former Employee), North Chicago, ILFebruary 19, 2014
Friendly workplace. Management very approachable. Good working conditions.
Large Company to work with !!!
Sr. SQL Server DBA (Current Employee), Waukegan,ILFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: very flexible in timing and work schedules.
Cons: i don't think any of them....
It's very good company to work !!!
Very relaxed environment, not much pressure...
Culture is very friendly atmosphere.
Very busy
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 13, 2014
On a forklift 8 hours a day pulling and putting away parts.
management was very good,
Interesting and Challenging job
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Santa Clara, CAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: working with other colleagues, challenging work duties
Cons: no management advancement
I started in a new department that was reviewing a high volume of expense data for State and Federal transparency reporting. I had a lot to understand, review and analyze to ensure we reported our expenses accurately and to the reporting standards. I have been able communicate to various departments and executive levels management. Additionally, I was – more... the direct contact to IT on implementation of a check request database program to collective gather data to assist with reporting. I have trained over 300 employees as well as 7 members in my group on how to complete the reporting of data. I learned so much like helpful excel functions to assist my audit, to presentational skills, to IT terminology, to project management and how various departments in a Medical Device company function. I was extremely challenged with a task that was new to the company and businesses Statewide. It was so interesting to see such new reporting and facing the challenges head-on. I enjoyed working with so many employees and different departments. – less
Great company with very flexible work times
Contract Compliance Specialist (Former Employee), Bedford, MAFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: good hours, room for advancement
Cons: office politics
This company was very good team and the fast paced challenges were rewarding.
PRODUCTIVE ENVIRONMENT
Customer Service and Data management Analyst (Former Employee), Langhorne, PAFebruary 10, 2014
Great place to work.
excellent management.
fast peace environment
Good place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Columbus OhioFebruary 10, 2014
Good place to work. Job has floating schedule. Employee are good to work with. They strive to produce a good quality product.
Manufacturing Lake County
Manufacturing Compliance Quality Auditor (Former Employee), Abbott Park, ILFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: flexible, good pay
Cons: yearly layoffs
Abbott is a company for the working person who wants to move up the corporate ladder. If you are not career driven please do not apply or expect to get ahead on loyalty or hard work alone.
Productive and Fun WorkPlace
System Integration Specialist (Current Employee), Waukegan, ILFebruary 6, 2014
I have a bachelors in Health Science from Oakland University and a masters in Clinical Lab Science from Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and science. I started working at Abbott Laboratories as a Data Verifier straight out of school. After receiving the MT certification I moved on to the clinical research assistant position. After gaining expertise – more... in Clinical Research, I wanted to learn more about the R&D side (testing side of the assays) then I took the role in R&D as a biologist and worked on Design verification studies on several different assays. After this I moved to the reagent cross contamination team where I helped several carryover studies. Having worked at Abbott for 4 years I have had a chance to gain expertise in both Clinical Research and R&D, at this point in my career I wanted to learn more about the inner mechanics of the instruments and also understand the customer complaint investigations a little more, so last year I joined System Integration team as a SI specialist. I had a very exciting year in the SI group, I had the opportunity to learn how to write M&D codes using CLI scripting. I got indepth training of the ARCHITECT Instruments. Helped with multiple customer complaint investigations. – less
Great Company to work for!!
Powder Filler Operator (Current Employee), casa grande AzFebruary 5, 2014
Great benefits and a job environment where the company truly wants you to excel in personal as well as business life! I would recommend highly to all of my friends!
not good
pain management (Former Employee), Bolpur, WBFebruary 4, 2014
company is good but management is not good.My co worker is best supporter in my life.
Coordinationg procurement of raw materials to meet manufacturing and customer order schedules using tools provided.
Sr. Buyer/Planner (Former Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 3, 2014
All tools needed to be successful were in place. All departments and suppliers needed to coordinate with were responsible and customer service oriented.
ok company
Assembler I / II (Former Employee), Temecula, CAJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: instability
It was a good company until they made some changes with short notice. They forced me to switch shifts so it was very complicated for me to get situated with my kids not having a baby sitter. i had to use my vacation hours for the days i didnt have a baby sitter and on top of that i got laid off.
An Amazing workplace with high standard of Quality and Compliance
Quality Control Inspector/Quality Tester (Former Employee), Temecula, CAJanuary 29, 2014
Working for Abbott Vascular, a global leader in cardiac and vascular care, for almost 7 years has been very rewarding in terms of the knowledge and experience I gained as a Quality Control Inspector/Laboratory Technician. Working for a company whose mission is to save lives through developing promising products to improve quality of life, has instilled – more... in me its core values in terms of setting high standards of ethics and compliance and delivering excellence in my job performance.
I come to work each day with enthusiasm and a commitment to make a difference on other peoples lives by delivering accurate testing results. I may not be able to accomplish what I had accomplished then had it not been for the support of management and engineers who have been very supportive in terms of providing me with the tools/materials and training; and best of all, co-workers who were great team players whose always there if and when I needed help.
Working in a high Reliability and Engineering Laboratory demands a great deal of focus due to the fact that we worked on Engineering and Released lots. The testing methods for engineering lots may have some deviations or redlines depending on how the project engineer wanted the testing done. Because of the hierarchy on the different kinds of lots, for example, non human use, changes/deviations cannot be made not until a change order on the document has been issued and approved. With this is being said, the tester/technician should be very careful and should an issue arise, the tester/technician should be able to address and justify the non-conformance per appropriate documentation.
For me, the most enjoyable part of this job is knowing that i made a difference in someone else's life by delivering accurate results on every part that I tested to ensure that we deliver a safe and effective product that people can trust. – less

About Abbott Laboratories

Abbott Laboratories (NYSE: ABT) is a global, diversified (multi-division) pharmaceuticals and health care products company. It – Read more

Abbott Laboratories Photos