Abbott Laboratories

Abbott Laboratories Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, safe, and teamwork environment.
Refurbish Technician (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAMay 5, 2014
Pros: party every quarter
Cons: temporary job.
My work is from 6:00AM to 2:30PM. At Abbott Laboratories, I worked to refurbish medical equipment. I learned the technical skills for my job. I learned safety in work environment and that is one of the most important things at Abbott Laboratories. I followed the procedure to make sure good quality for the machines. I also improved my work every day – more... to exceed the required quantity.

I am a fast learner and self-motivated. I pay attention to detail and make sure tasks finish on time. I am very clean and organized. I also get along with others well so working in teams are great. – less
Job Description
SOP Training
ForkLift
busy medical maufacturing
R&D Tech III (Former Employee), Temecula, CAMay 1, 2014
Always working on new upcoming products to put on the market. From R&D to commercial builds.
Great Company
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), North Chicago, ILApril 30, 2014
Pros: good compensation
Cons: layoffs
Great company but layoffs have been an issue lately. Good compensation and stock options. large company with many opportunities
A lot of great people to work with who are at the top of their fields.
Process Safety Engineer (Former Employee), North Chicago, ILApril 30, 2014
I had many great experiences at Abbott Laboratories. I felt I had many opportunities to grow. I would recommend working at the company to anyone.
Dynamic and demanding work place with high rewards
FINANCE DIRECTOR - NUTRITION DIVISION (Current Employee), Riyadh, Saudi ArabiaApril 29, 2014
Pros: long term career organization with excellent benefits
Saudi Arabia is the 3rd largest International market within Abbott Nutrition. The affiliate had delivered consistent double digit year over year growth for the past 8 years. It is a multi-cultural environment with a mix of nationalities. The affiliate maintains highest levels of ethics and financial controls. Talent is the best in class and employer – more... of choice. – less
Very Good and Productive environement
SAP BI/BOBJ Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 29, 2014
I have workedon both SAP BW as well as BO here. Dveleoped reports on WEBi and Xceluis,
Growing Pharma company
Professional Pharmaceutical Rep (Former Employee), Bentonville, ARApril 25, 2014
Pros: product launch experience, introduction into the pharmaceutical market
Cons: lack of upward mobility
I got my first experience launching a product at Abbott. Omnicef was a new antibiotic. I enjoyed meeting with multiple pediatricians and influencing them to prescribe this to their patients. The results were fantastic, as I was able to open up my market, and then grow it quickly. I did have other medications in my portfolio as well, which changed from – more... time to time depending on the product mix of my team. I did enjoy working with my co-workers, especially one counterpart who was an extremely hard worker. I did find, however, that there was little oversight over some of my teammates, and I spent a good amount of time working to influence them to work harder.. – less
Good, but not Great
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, IlApril 22, 2014
Pros: compensation, tradition, reputation
Cons: unrealistic expectations
Culture will depend on division. Prepare to get yourself pigeon holed into a role if you're good, Management would rather keep you in your roles than focus on development.
Good and strong cohesive team
Immunology/ Renal Franchise Manager (Former Employee), Shah Alam, SelangorApril 18, 2014
Pros: everyone is performance based, good support from top management and subordinates
Cons: compensation plan not at par with industry benchmark
Brief description:
In charge of a team of sales & marketing personnels, which include 1 Product Manager, 1 Sales Manager and 5 Sales executives, solely dedicated to sell immunology and renal range of products of Abbott Laboratories.
i) Differentiate Humira (last to market in the anti-TNF category) against available direct competitors and create barrier – more... for future competitors entry
a. Conduct competitive SWOT analysis for Humira against the market and provide superior product differentiation
b. Re-emphasize and localization of messaging based on unique differentiation in the mind of the physician
c. Launch “Humira Imaging” campaign with MOH and Malaysia Rheumatology Society to create barrier for future competitors as well as to ensure loyalty amongst rheumatologist to Humira. Humira Imaging campaign has proven to be a success as a loyalty program among Rheumatologists of Malaysia

ii) Identify gaps and provide solution to close the gaps to bring Humira as the market leader in anti-TNF therapy
a. Identify the perception of physicians towards Humira and needs of physicians in their rheumatology practices.
b. Tailor made Humira messages towards providing solution towards physician needs – Individualized detailing and messaging techniques
c. Humira is currently the market leader in anti-TNF therapy

iii) Re-initiate listing of Humira into MOH formulary
a. Identify the flaws and failures of previous MOH listing of Humira
b. Re-initiate listing of Humira in MOH formulary with my previous experience and relationship with MOH, with detailed steps for each stages of hospital, state and national level listings. Humira is listed into MOH formulary within 1 year of initiation.

iv) Expansion of Humira into other indications – laying the foundation in dermalogy
a. Initiate ties with Malaysia Dermatology Society and identify the gaps in their practices with Humira’s benefit in mind
b. Educate dermatologists on Humira and its’ progress in clinical trials on dermatology indications

v) Re-brand and re-position Zemplar in Chronic Kidney Disease Stage 3 to 5
a. Re-brand and re-position Zemplar in line with current practice of nephrologists, for better penetration and adaptation among nephrologists
b. Provide clear messages to nephrologists, with distinguished benefits of Zemplar versus other competitors.
c. Zemplar is a product abandoned by Abbott for years, being picked up to fill the gap for the moment, while waiting for commercialization of more important pipeline products. Zemplar had lost its patent in United States of America and no patent protection in South East Asia.
d. Following the re-positioning, re-branding and clear messaging, Zemplar had succeeded in differentiating itself versus competitors in the same therapeutic area, with a price difference of >10x versus competitors.

vi) Manages product discontinuation
a. Managed to discontinue Gengraf (cyclosporine) without the disruption in the transplant patients treatment regime
b. Provided smooth transition of Gengraf to other alternatives for more than 400 transplant patients.
c. Establish satisfaction and good branding of Abbott among nephrologists and haematologists as a responsible drug maker and provider.

vii) Elected by the General Manager as the trainer for Product Managers and sales representatives
a. Was given extra responsibilities as a trainer for Marketing Excellence to existing and new product managers, an internal program to align all product managers to the Abbott planning cycles.
b. Equip sales force with tips and methods in reading clinical papers
c. Provide sales representatives with soft skill trainings
d. Establish a monthly review of clinical papers with sales force
e. Establish a quarterly tests on sales force to assess their disease and product knowledge
f. Establish a monthly role play and in-field trainings on sales force – less
nice place to be and work
Operator 1 (Current Employee), PRApril 17, 2014
Pros: great oportunities of work, escelent job
Cons: no benefits on temporary employees
Its great been part of abbott family, even when you area a temporay employee , and doest have teh benefits of a regular employee, but it a great company to be and work.
Great Company
Specialty/Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 16, 2014
Great company! Great management and colleagues. Benefits and compensation are amazing!
Great job
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Abbott Park ILApril 14, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good pay, challenging work and alot of help and coaching.
Cons: i lost all sense of job security when they started a new company of the division i worked in.
Lots of opportunities, job satisfaction. The personal from the engineering department mentored me and I learned a great deal of technical knowledge and skill from them.
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee), Temecula, CAApril 11, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Because of company downsizing, I am no longer with the company.
a very professional enviornment to work for
MANUFACTURING OPERATOR (Former Employee), Temecula, CaliforniaApril 10, 2014
Pros: when we would meet hourly goals we would get extra time for lunch.
Cons: that after lunch there was no chewing gum.
The hardest part of this job was to wake up at 3:00am in the morning, but as soon as I got to work I enjoyed my job so much that I did not even wanted to go to break. I Worked in a clean room environment, would arrive a few minutes early to see if people were absent so that I could assist that station of assembly line since I was certifed for all stations – more... in production line. Before beginning I would complete a full inspection for machine settings, assuring to follow MPI'S instructions. Assembled catheters for the heart, so every station had to do a full inspection to assure the was no damage to or contamination of the parts. I learned that quality is very important since we are saving peoples life, Ability to use microscope tweezers and measuring gages. Also management did a great job of giving us the proper training, I enjoyed working with all my co-workers, I consider my self as a very friendly enjoyable person. – less
loved working at Abbott
Contractor thru Manpower (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJApril 9, 2014
Pros: working space
Excellent workplace to have worked at in Immunology Department in Parsippany NJ. Gave me incentive to return to college to persue my Degree in Biology
Hardworking group of people that are loyal to the company
Accounting Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 8, 2014
Abbott Laboratories has a hardworking group of people that are loyal to the company and make a difference in the overall success of the company.
Good company. Not too secure, do to overseas transfers
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Temecula, CAApril 7, 2014
Pros: good salary and benefits
Cons: employment is not stable
Enjoyed my time working at Abbott. Company produces excellent product at the Temecula facility where I worked. Management has lost touch with the manufacturing floor. Many layoffs in the last few years, due to transfer of production lines to Costa Rica.
Exceptional Sales Experience within a large multinational company
Sales Executive (Former Employee), SydneyApril 6, 2014
Pros: rewarding bonuses and motivating team
Cons: demanding work hours (on call and after hours work required)
Throughout my 8 years of Sales and Marketing Experience with various large organisations, I learnt a wide range of skills.
I gained skills in dealing with a wide range of customers and meeting their needs in a timely manner. I also learnt how to close a sale for profit growth.
I am a team player and thoroughly enjoy working within a diverse team.
I – more... am comfortable working towards sales targets and working with management to forecast sales growth and budgets.
I love a dynamic, busy and challenging role within any position I take and am very adaptable to change and love learning new products or skills. – less
productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee), SligoApril 4, 2014
it was very flexible with working hours and a nice environment to work in

About Abbott Laboratories

Filling baby bottles and treating disease... these are the habits of Abbott. Abbott Laboratories is a top health care products – Read more

Abbott Laboratories Photos