Abbott Laboratories

Abbott Laboratories Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good company. Not too secure, do to overseas transfers
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Temecula, CAApril 7, 2014
Pros: good salary and benefits
Cons: employment is not stable
Enjoyed my time working at Abbott. Company produces excellent product at the Temecula facility where I worked. Management has lost touch with the manufacturing floor. Many layoffs in the last few years, due to transfer of production lines to Costa Rica.
Exceptional Sales Experience within a large multinational company
Sales Executive (Former Employee), SydneyApril 6, 2014
Pros: rewarding bonuses and motivating team
Cons: demanding work hours (on call and after hours work required)
Throughout my 8 years of Sales and Marketing Experience with various large organisations, I learnt a wide range of skills.
I gained skills in dealing with a wide range of customers and meeting their needs in a timely manner. I also learnt how to close a sale for profit growth.
I am a team player and thoroughly enjoy working within a diverse team.
I – more... am comfortable working towards sales targets and working with management to forecast sales growth and budgets.
I love a dynamic, busy and challenging role within any position I take and am very adaptable to change and love learning new products or skills. – less
productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee), SligoApril 4, 2014
it was very flexible with working hours and a nice environment to work in
Leader in Diagnostic Laboratory instrumentation and clinical assays
Point of Care Product Specialist, Tampa, FL (Former Employee), Abbott Park, ILApril 3, 2014
Served in a variety of field based sales roles including Diagnostic Systems Specialist, Major Account Executive and Point of Care Product Specialist. Sold medical devices in hematology, chemistry, immunoassay, and various other clinical assays.
Productive, Very clean environment, Well managed
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Temecula,CAApril 1, 2014
Pros: we were saving lives.
Cons: the stress knowing that there was no margin for error.
I would audit assembly lines and assemblers in the clean room. I learned about catheters, stents, and guide-wires. Management was very well organized due to the type of work peoples lives depended on our expertise. They were very good co-workers we had very good communication. The hardest part of the job was the stress that was put on all of the employees – more... because the nature of the work we were involved in. I enjoyed working twelve hours a day four days a week and the overtime. – less
Company that invests in growth
Education Specialist - Gym & Specialty Channels (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 30, 2014
Abbott Nutrition invests in growth in their business and in the development on their employees. Comprehensive benefits, fair pay, good work-life balance.
Forklift Operator (Processing) (Current Employee), Altavista, VAMarch 29, 2014
Pros: good lunches, excellent benefits
Cons: not enough over-time hours offered
I enjoy the wonderful opportunity I get to work at such a professional company.
Positive Review
Major Account Executive Manager (Former Employee), Abbott Park, ILMarch 28, 2014
Pros: many
Positive Review.
Positive Outcome.
Great people all levels
require more than what they offer
Operador de Maquinas (Former Employee), PRMarch 28, 2014
the worst of the work was to support older people who did not want to retire but neither wanted to work
Great travel experience
Account Manager (Contractor) (Former Employee), Abbott Park, ILMarch 28, 2014
Abbott was a great work experience it afforded me the opportunity to do the work I love and travel the world doing it.
good place to work
Assembler on production line (Former Employee), Temecula, CAMarch 23, 2014
great place to work minus the fact that they are always laying off employees.
Depends on the division and your boss.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Abbott Park, IlMarch 23, 2014
Pros: pays well and benefits rock. good family culture (in areas).
Cons: work life balance can be good or non-existent depending on where and who you work for.
You learn a lot, but it's a hard driving and results oriented atmosphere that depending on the division you're hired in could be good or drive you insane. I've had fantastic experiences and i've also cried on the way home working till 2am in the office.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Temecula, CAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch on the last day of the month and a monthly fun activity
Working in call center its hard to determine what your day is going to be like. There were times when I was super busy and days when the calls were minimal. I learned working in a call center that you need to put the customer first. Treat everyone with special care.
Great Benefits but there is a lot of red tape to deal with
Marketing (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: office politics and red tape
Over a great company to work for with great benefits. Be prepared for a lot of red tape. It would be overwhelming at times.
Great facility
Sr. Equipment Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: great co-workers..
Cons: unstable job security
The most enjoyable aspect of abbott is the GMP culture and it gave me a chance to do some hands on as part of my job.
Professional Environment
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Montehiedras, Puerto RicoMarch 17, 2014
Great place to work!

Management and co-workers are very friendly. NO bossing around. You work freely and comfortable.
Great experience
Trade Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Caracas, VenezuelaMarch 14, 2014
develop good ideas, interesting projects run, help peers to grow within the company, develop people. I made good contacts in the market.
Medical Sales Representative (Former Employee), alexMarch 13, 2014
I have overall 8 years of sales & marketing experience & in the last 5 years I had several marketing tasks as marketing planning, executing marketing activities, handling indication launches for Avastin & the HRE2 franchise in the UAE market & attending Roche global marketing strategy meetings along with market access and market expansion initiatives
Pharmaceutical Industry
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Providence, RIMarch 11, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: downsizing of industry.
Recruited by this global health-care company during a period of regional sales-force expansion and challenged to capture market share while representing a suite of cholesterol medications in a Rhode Island territory.
Productive and learning environment with great team
NETWORK IMPLEMENTATION PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee), Abbott Park, ILMarch 4, 2014
Pros: free thanksgiving lunch
Cons: contract job with minimum benefits
Very good co-operative team. Flexible management. Work and life balance was great in a big corporate environment.

About Abbott Laboratories

Abbott Laboratories (NYSE: ABT) is a global, diversified (multi-division) pharmaceuticals and health care products company. It – Read more

Abbott Laboratories Photos