Abbott Laboratories

Abbott Laboratories Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Quality control inspector
Assembler III (Former Employee), Temecula, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: saving a life, excellent co-workers and alot of ot
Cons: recent layoff
Production in intervention vascular, learned that what I did saved lives.
I love working at Abbott and AbbVie.
Data Information Specialist (Former Employee), Waukegan ILOctober 8, 2014
My work schedule was flexible and I loved my manager. I learned a lot about data management system and customer service skills.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Laurinburg, NCOctober 7, 2014
I ran serveal diffrent machines everyday. I met a bunch of good people there.
Dedicated to providing quality products
Senior Data Control Analyst (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioOctober 4, 2014
Was a great place from which to retire. The co-workers were awesome, dedicated people and I miss the daily contact with them.
Cultlure
Workforce Behavior and HR Strategy Manager (Current Employee), Abbott Park, ILOctober 2, 2014
Lack of direction and advancement based on who you know - not capability.
Great place to work. Nice community of people, good pay, laid back atmosphere.
Regional Incoming Quality Assurance Associate (Current Employee), Altavista, VASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: free lunch every month without injury in the plant
Cons: have to wear hair nets in the plant
I worked as a QA Associate for Abbott and enjoyed my time there very much. I only worked as a temp so I don't know much about the benfits perminant emplyes get, but I heard the were good. Learned a lot about the manufacturing process while working at Abbott, and had a lot of freedom in my work which helped me become a better problem solver. The hardest part of the job was the redudancy of the tasks, but you will find that anywhere.
Modern Day Slavery
Production (Former Employee), Fairfield CaliforniaSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: slavery, racism, sexism, hostile work environment
If you want to find modern day slavery just come to Abbott Nutrition in Fairfield California. Extremely long work days and up to 26 working days without a day off. A very hostile work environment between management and the workers. Sexism and racism is also abundant. Management is constantly clashing with the permanent workers and the temporary workers are caught in the middle. Management will hire people on a temp basis and the permanent workers wont train them properly and them blame it on management that they don't find good people. Constant turnover on all levels of the company. Abbott bought this branch 10 years ago and has only made a profit one year so this place is slated for shut down. Good luck with this one just be aware you have been warned.
Its a very good place to work
Guide Wire Operator I (Current Employee), PRSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: healthcare benefits, 401k and the help we get personally
I start a typical day at 5:30 a.m. it's an assembly line were I solder distal for a Guide Wire to be completed. I have learned how I could help other persons by producing the guide wires. Management is basically divided in Manger, Supervisor, Group Leader and Floor Employee. I have great co-workers I feel like we get along like family. There is no hard part I enjoy my job very much. I believe it's getting to save a life every day.
Very technical job
Catheter Assembler (Former Employee), Temecula, CASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: i got alot of experience in many categories from this establishment.
Cons: i don't have any?
• Manufactured Drug-Eluting Stents, Metal Stents and Balloon Dilatation Catheters

• Perform a wide variety of electronic, mechanical, or electro-mechanical assembly operations on assemblies or sub-assemblies.

• Set up and operate automatic or semi-automatic machines and scanning or putting data sheets with product.
productive , team spirit,leadership
o Senior Medical representative (Current Employee), Riyadh, S01September 22, 2014
The profession of medical representative is an enjoyable career with too many challenges and needs special skills with being ambitious and willing to succeed, in my point of view smart hard working would be the best key success factor... work more,get more.

To be a leader will be more helpful to be a manager ....co-operation between you and your team will make outstanding results and a stunning harmony .....team spirit is like an ORCHESTRA to make a stunning symphony !!!.

The most enjoyable part is that you get an immediate results which can be the best motive for me ( no routines )

Actually i learned too much skills,courses and i got a very good experience with dealing with too many situations,characters and meeting different personality.

Last year i was STAR ABBOTT,Saudi Arabia and i was appreciated in a magic incentive trip in Zambia,Livingstone and i was promoted to senior and team leader ... i'm really very thankful for all my colleagues,managers and ABBOTT.
Great benefits package and pay
Production Specialist (Current Employee), Altavista, VASeptember 18, 2014
You are busy from the come you come in until you leave. You are usually guaranteed a 40 hour work week. The hardest part is not working the hours that you like. The pay is good
Good one
MKS ALM Consultant (Current Employee), Waukegan, ILSeptember 18, 2014
Excellent Job Work/Life Balance and management.
Overall is good.
equipment builder and maintenance organization as an Electro-mechanical
Equipment/ line Technician III (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CASeptember 16, 2014
Provides technical support relating to equipment utilized in the manufacturing areas by repairing, maintaining, upgrading hardware and software and modifying production equipment utilizing technical expertise, technical manuals, schematic drawings, precision tools and test equipment.
Great work place
Test Lead - US Commercial Operations IT (Current Employee), Waukegan, ILSeptember 15, 2014
Great work place. Good flexibility, good projects. I don't have any complaints whatsoever with this company or the work I perform. So many people have worked here for 20+ years and I understand why.
Nice place to work
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Cagliari ItalySeptember 10, 2014
Pros: salary car
Cons: product
I've worked in abbott for 23 years, Left for local problem with the market
Productive and enjoyable workplace.
Senior Territory Manager- Hepatology (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CaSeptember 7, 2014
I provide current and comprehensive clinical knowledge of Abbvie’s products and effectively communicate the clinical and economic benefits of a Hepatitis C medication. As a sales leader I achieve territory sales by executing Plan of Action (POA) marketing strategies, which includes delivering branded sales messages, executing planned programs, scheduling and following-up with medical educational programs, and achieving or exceeding sales targets. I am also responsible for servicing and managing accounts, which includes ensuring product access, resolving/triage reimbursement issues, and maintaining product contracts. Additional responsibilities involve providing feedback on marketing strategy and effectiveness reviews of sales activities and territory analysis, in addition to developing territory plans with my District Manager.
Unreal expexttions
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), FieldSeptember 5, 2014
This company does not provide the proper training or training materials in order for field service personnel to do their job correctly. They expect unreal hours and don't care if federal regulations are violated to get the job done. Not a good place to work.
Contracted position where I gained a lot of knowledge in the pharmacutical industry.
Contracted Customer Resolution Analyst (Former Employee), Lake Bluff, ILSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: professional enviornment
Cons: it was only temporary as a contracted position.
Worked closely with 6 other team members cleaning up, organizing, and maintaining a practitioner database. The team work and unity built to complete the project was outstanding and the end result was extremely rewarding.
Same as Hospira
Production Assistant/Aseptic Attendant (Former Employee), McPherson, KSSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: s/a
Cons: s/a
Abbott Labs split and had us (Hospira) do only the hospital injectable drugs while the continued with the experimental drugs.
Excellent work life balance
Sales Specialist, Point of Care (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: costly system
Excellent work/life balance. The focus of the position is to work closely with Laboratory Directors, as well as Point of Care Specialist. The main task is to bring point of care testing to the individual critical care and procedure areas of the medical center.

About Abbott Laboratories

Filling baby bottles and treating disease... these are the habits of Abbott. Abbott Laboratories is a top health care products – Read more

Abbott Laboratories Photos