Abbott Laboratories

Abbott Laboratories Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Healthy work enviornment
Sr.Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee), Whippany, NJJanuary 23, 2014
Work well with co-worker.
Learned multitasking and involvement in various projects.
Great Company Culture
Lipid Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Baltimore North and WestJanuary 23, 2014
Abbott had a wonderful management team. This type of culture made one want to work the them, for the team.
Productive and fun work place.
Operator III (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CAJanuary 22, 2014
High Tech products to learn each day. Feel good to finish building a device that can save someone live or live 7-8 yrs more longer.
Disciplined Culture. Organizational Structure is important
Analytical Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee), Abbott Park, ILJanuary 21, 2014
Great company. A culture of discipline. Embedded quality.
Great place to work for.
IT Compliance / Validation Analyst (Current Employee), Waukegan, ILJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: the people
I enjoy Abbott's excellent work enviroment. They provide every opportunity for you to grow with company.
Top manufacturer in medical devices.
Quality Control Inspector (Temp Hire) (Former Employee), Temecula, CAJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: see review summary
Company treats temp hire employees like dirt. Production runs are poorly planned and everything, including scheduling seems "last minute".
Contractor
Desktop Technician- Paradigm Technologies (Current Employee), Waukegan, ILJanuary 20, 2014
Cons: you will never get hired on as a contractor!
Most new employees are contractors and they do not give salary increases, and hire employees after you for more money, and don't care about how they treat contractors!
Clean and fun place to work
Assembler III (Former Employee), Temecula, CAJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: proximity to important place.
Cons: short breaks and confusing rules.
Not very encouraging when it comes to compensating hard working employees.
Abbott Laboratories is a well managed worldwide health care company.
Mechanical Assembler/Tester (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: mentoring encouraged. employees valued.
Cons: not as secure as it used to be.
Abbott Laboratories is a well managed worldwide health care company. The atmosphere is one of teaching/learning. You can get where you want to go, in most cases. As with any large corporation, it does matter who you know. Moving my job overseas made me unhappy. At age 56, and with almost 35 years, I only received early retirement and I feel that it – more... should have been full retirement. With that said, I'd definately go back if asked. – less
Production Worker (Former Employee), North Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2014
A lot of standing, cold air, because of warehousing, Professional, very top job, Abbott, Lots of mandatory overtime
Best place I have worked
Quality Inspector and Machine Operator (Former Employee), Laurinburg, NCJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: family values
Cons: no snow days
Management and training was great. Huge, but intimate company, respectful co-workers, safe and secure environment.
A GOOD PLACE TO WORK
SENIOR OPERATOR (Former Employee), Temecula, CAJanuary 7, 2014
I enjoyed being around my co-workers and love to build a product to save lives.
Post Graduate Internship
CHEMIST - GRADUATE INTERN (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: great work and atmosphere
Cons: no cons
Great company.

My assignment was in the Nutrition Division for Abbott, where I was used HPLC with Pulsed Amperometric Detection to investigate amounts of Fructoligosaccharides in food products. Fantastic experience!
Is a good company that contribute a lot in my profesional development.
MANUFACTURING TRAINER (Current Employee), PRJanuary 2, 2014
Is a nice workplace , with excellent co-workers I enjoy as a team member work with them since is a great opportunity for learning everyday, it also help me to develop my skills in biotechnology manufacturing processes and training with different environments. The opportunity I had to work with biotechnology students by giving conferences about what – more... our plant manufacturing process is very rewarding since I feel like with this orientation I help them to see more clearly what they really want to do. Is very grateful to share knowledge with others specially with those that are recently starting in our plant. – less
Productive and wonderful place
PC Technician / Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), PRDecember 31, 2013
Pros: good learning oportunity
Cons: lots of contract employees
It's a fun place to learn and practice your computer skills and everyone is helpful.
Close to home and friendly environment
PRODUCTION/HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee), North Chicago, ILDecember 29, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: can't work in same workplace with family members
Typical day was cleaning all offices, such as dusting, vacuuming, empting all trash and waxing and buffing floors.
Production was inspecting and boxing all products.
The hardest part of the job is being a smoker. Abbott is a non smoking facility.
The enjoyable part is doing my job.
A good place to work with many benefits.
Advanced Quality Technician (Former Employee), North Chicago, ILDecember 26, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: uncertainty of job reduction.
Was a good place to work. Learned a lot of use information from supervisors. Keeping everything and up to date. Making sure coverage available on all shifts, and production was taken care of.
Abbott is the best company all around. Can't say enough good things about them.
Sr. Patient Assistance Specialist (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILDecember 25, 2013
Pros: great benefit package, vacations, financial assistance when needed. great all the wa.
Cons: nothing
Abbott is all about caring for people and what their needs are. They are up on all the latest and greatest technology in the industry.
Very productive workplace
Control Room/Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee), Abbott Park IlDecember 23, 2013
Typical day was posting orders, picking product and packing product. Shipping orders. I learned how to pack very well. The hardest part of job was when we did not have enough help to send out orders.
Hostile Work Environment, No Advancement & No Job Security
Advanced Facility Technician IV (Former Employee), Temecula / Murrieta CADecember 23, 2013
Pros: salary, 401k, benifits
Cons: no potential for promotions, tension in the work place & general management
The Management promotes mediocrity, Working Environment has very high tension, Management is not consistent on decisions made upon repairs, scope of work & budget.

About Abbott Laboratories

Abbott Laboratories (NYSE: ABT) is a global, diversified (multi-division) pharmaceuticals and health care products company. It – Read more

Abbott Laboratories Photos