Abbott Laboratories

Abbott Laboratories Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced, high profile
Sr. Purchasing Assist (Former Employee), Abbott Park, ILJuly 7, 2014
Purchasing for high dollar capital projects.
Learned many skills for finding the best possible prices.
Management was will to work with you to get the jobs done.
Co-workers were excellent to work with and very helpful.
Healthcare company that delivers financial growth goals
General Manager, US Market Access (Former Employee), CaliforniaJune 27, 2014
Pros: compensation package
Company that rewards high performance and that is committed to it's people, customers, and shareholders
Great place with good working environment
R&D Lab Supervisor/Technician (Former Employee), Santa ClaraJune 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: n/a
In my almost twenty years, had managers that were great mentors, and learned a lot from them as well from Abbott.
A wonderful job
Assembler 3 (Former Employee), Temecula caJune 19, 2014
My job provided many benifits from wonderful insurance down to having day care for other employees and they also had a fitness program to monitor health and wellness
A great company with a history of success.
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee), Visalia, CAJune 15, 2014
Pros: building relationships, trust, confidence, respect, excellent pay and benefits, company car with gas card, personal growth, excellent training.
Cons: uncertain future, constant rumors of buyouts or layoffs.
After 12 years with Solvay Pharmaceuticals, we were acquired by Abbott Labs in 2010. Most companies would immediately lay off most of the acquired sales force, but Abbott did not. Everyone at Solvay had been resigned to the fact that we would be let go. Instead, Abbott had seen our sales success over the years and decided to keep us on to continue marketing – more... our products. We returned their faith in us by turning AndroGel into a 1 billion dollar product. I will forever be grateful to Abbott and AbbVie pharmaceuticals for allowing me to continue my career. If the market situation were different, I would choose to be a loyal AbbVie sales representative for years to come. Unfortunately, we have all been on a year to year basis due to the constant changes in the marketplace. I would like to stay in the healthcare industry and the future is with companies like Dignity Health.
A typical day is planning my calls the day before. Knowing where I'm going and what my message or goal is for each individual physician. I communicate weekly with my territory partner to review physician data in order to game plan what our next move should be.
Top level management has done a great job of keeping us up to date on changes in the marketplace and in providing sales incentives to reach budget goals. I have been very lucky in that I have had excellent District Managers over the years who treat us like professionals and give us the freedom to run our territories while keeping an eye on the companies goals.
Other than becoming more tech friendly, there have been few parts of this job that are difficult. Pharmaceutical sales are so natural for me, it has never seemed like a job. But I take great pride in my career.
Every day that I can go out and interact with everyone in an office, from the receptionist to the physician, it's an enjoyable day. I remind myself every day how lucky I have been to have this job for as long as I have. – less
Production Supervisor
Production Supervisor----Quality Engineer. (Former Employee), San José, SJJune 14, 2014
Pros: annual bonusses, free lunches, piad vacations, holidays.
Lead Production Lines controlling efficiency, quality, operations standarization, planning, organizing, and executing all aspects related with production processes. In charge of quality investigations and rework execution. Performs excellent communication, leadership and coaching and teamwork skills.
Project Manager - DW
Project Manager (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILJune 10, 2014
Worked on a ERP migration project as PM. Built a 10 member team to transform existing mainframe finance application into SAP BI.
Abbott is a 5 star place to work for and a great place to learn the drug development process.
Sr. CRA/Clinical Research Management Associate (Former Employee), Abbott Park, ILJune 8, 2014
Abbott is a great company to work for number of reasons.
I received great training and had a diverse work experience. My manager was fair and supportive.
The only thing that was difficult to deal with was the commute.
Working in Legal Operations is very busy, for my group supports the Legal Division.
Legal Operations Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Abbott Park, ILJune 6, 2014
My workday is not typical, for it can and does change quite often. I am the, "go to person" within Legal, so if people have questions about anything, I am the contact person.

When I first began working in Legal, I was very timid and bashful. Legal has helped me out of my shell and to become more communicative, energetic and a trustworthy person. I – more... am one that people can depend on.

Management is supportive with the goals you want to want to achieve and very easy to tallk with.

My co-workers are great, I feel like we are family.

The hardest part for me is prioritizing. Since everyone would like for their concern to take priority, it's difficult for me to say no.

Being who I am with acceptance from the people. It makes my job enjoyable. – less
fun place nice people
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Casa Grande, AZJune 6, 2014
vary fun people energetic surroundings fast pace and definitely a learning experience
Would recommend working here to anyone
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee), Abbott Park, ILJune 4, 2014
Pros: the personable people are like extended family.
Coming in to work on a daily basis is great. I enjoy my Abbott family, I am loyal to them and they are VERY appreciative to me. My boss is the best and the most supportive you can ask for and my co-workers are personable and we get a long well.
Excellent working area
Quality Control (Former Employee), Redwood City, CAMay 27, 2014
I have learnt a lot of experiences while I worked in this company
Productive life saving devices
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee), Temecula, CAMay 23, 2014
Pros: annual bonus, great benefits
Cons: not much room for advancement
Very fast paced job, quite stressful, very repetitive, there was very little line rotation. I did like the fact that I was building a product that was saving many lives and I did take great pride in that. My Supervisors were great people and I really enjoyed my co-workers. I just felt that they pushed quantity more so than quality. It really became – more... stressful when we found out the company was moving the product out of country. – less
A great R&D place to work and learn how to discover a new drug.
Investigator (Former Employee), Lake County, ILMay 22, 2014
Pros: great place to learn the inner works of the pharmaceutical industry
Cons: change is the only stable thing!
Excellent place! Very nicely located in the north side of Chicago where you can work hard and play hard. The company changes on a daily basis and you have to show adaptability.
Abbott Vascular is company where employees would always want to belong.
Intermmediate Operator/ Inspector (001029) (Former Employee), Temecula, CAMay 22, 2014
Pros: wanting to always be a part of the company.
Cons: nothing
Working with Abbott Vascular was likened to attending school. There is always the want to come every single day, looking forward to new things to learn. The environment is just like a community where you can meet and see people from different cultures with different attitudes,likes and dislikes but, never was a hindrance.It served as a challenge instead. – more... There were amenities provided for the employees by the company. The Management would do it's best to assist the needs of the employee/s when necessary. That's why, the employees would work hard, and the best they can in return. – less
Productive fast paced
Lead, Machine Operator, Engineering Tech (Current Employee), Temecula, CAMay 21, 2014
Great place to work, great benefits and working enviroment
Excellent place to work
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 17, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: our plant was sold to icu medical and i was laid off
Almost 20 years with Abbott makes this the best place I've worked. The work was hard at times but the people their are excellent.
fun place to work
Cart collector/ sales associate (Former Employee), san francisco caMay 16, 2014
i was a superviser / rover i handled the money at the start and finish of each shift and made shure the product that we sold stayed stocked
Great Place To Work
Business and Finance Technician (Former Employee), Abbott Park, ILMay 15, 2014
I worked for Abbott Laboratories for approx. 30 years, and couldn't have asked for a better place to work. I had great managers and loved my many jobs. I had many jobs because if you work hard and continue to learn, you will be promoted. The only drawback is they limit promotions for non-exempts once you have reached the highest level. You need to go – more... to college for continue moving up, but they have excellent tuition reimbursement and are extremely supportive of your continuing education. It is a wonderful place for working mother's - one of the top companies according to Working Mother Magazine. – less
It was a good place to learn the trade- diverse exposure and training.
RA Manager (Former Employee), Abbott Park, ILMay 15, 2014
Company was fair, had good products, took seriously the need for quality compliance.

About Abbott Laboratories

Abbott Laboratories (NYSE: ABT) is a global, diversified (multi-division) pharmaceuticals and health care products company. It – Read more

Abbott Laboratories Photos