Abbott Laboratories

Abbott Laboratories Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Production Supervisor
Production Supervisor----Quality Engineer. (Former Employee), San José, SJJune 14, 2014
Pros: annual bonusses, free lunches, piad vacations, holidays.
Lead Production Lines controlling efficiency, quality, operations standarization, planning, organizing, and executing all aspects related with production processes. In charge of quality investigations and rework execution. Performs excellent communication, leadership and coaching and teamwork skills.
Project Manager - DW
Project Manager (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILJune 10, 2014
Worked on a ERP migration project as PM. Built a 10 member team to transform existing mainframe finance application into SAP BI.
Abbott is a 5 star place to work for and a great place to learn the drug development process.
Sr. CRA/Clinical Research Management Associate (Former Employee), Abbott Park, ILJune 8, 2014
Abbott is a great company to work for number of reasons.
I received great training and had a diverse work experience. My manager was fair and supportive.
The only thing that was difficult to deal with was the commute.
Working in Legal Operations is very busy, for my group supports the Legal Division.
Legal Operations Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Abbott Park, ILJune 6, 2014
My workday is not typical, for it can and does change quite often. I am the, "go to person" within Legal, so if people have questions about anything, I am the contact person.

When I first began working in Legal, I was very timid and bashful. Legal has helped me out of my shell and to become more communicative, energetic and a trustworthy person. I – more... am one that people can depend on.

Management is supportive with the goals you want to want to achieve and very easy to tallk with.

My co-workers are great, I feel like we are family.

The hardest part for me is prioritizing. Since everyone would like for their concern to take priority, it's difficult for me to say no.

Being who I am with acceptance from the people. It makes my job enjoyable. – less
fun place nice people
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Casa Grande, AZJune 6, 2014
vary fun people energetic surroundings fast pace and definitely a learning experience
Would recommend working here to anyone
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee), Abbott Park, ILJune 4, 2014
Pros: the personable people are like extended family.
Coming in to work on a daily basis is great. I enjoy my Abbott family, I am loyal to them and they are VERY appreciative to me. My boss is the best and the most supportive you can ask for and my co-workers are personable and we get a long well.
Excellent working area
Quality Control (Former Employee), Redwood City, CAMay 27, 2014
I have learnt a lot of experiences while I worked in this company
Productive life saving devices
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee), Temecula, CAMay 23, 2014
Pros: annual bonus, great benefits
Cons: not much room for advancement
Very fast paced job, quite stressful, very repetitive, there was very little line rotation. I did like the fact that I was building a product that was saving many lives and I did take great pride in that. My Supervisors were great people and I really enjoyed my co-workers. I just felt that they pushed quantity more so than quality. It really became – more... stressful when we found out the company was moving the product out of country. – less
A great R&D place to work and learn how to discover a new drug.
Investigator (Former Employee), Lake County, ILMay 22, 2014
Pros: great place to learn the inner works of the pharmaceutical industry
Cons: change is the only stable thing!
Excellent place! Very nicely located in the north side of Chicago where you can work hard and play hard. The company changes on a daily basis and you have to show adaptability.
Abbott Vascular is company where employees would always want to belong.
Intermmediate Operator/ Inspector (001029) (Former Employee), Temecula, CAMay 22, 2014
Pros: wanting to always be a part of the company.
Cons: nothing
Working with Abbott Vascular was likened to attending school. There is always the want to come every single day, looking forward to new things to learn. The environment is just like a community where you can meet and see people from different cultures with different attitudes,likes and dislikes but, never was a hindrance.It served as a challenge instead. – more... There were amenities provided for the employees by the company. The Management would do it's best to assist the needs of the employee/s when necessary. That's why, the employees would work hard, and the best they can in return. – less
Productive fast paced
Lead, Machine Operator, Engineering Tech (Current Employee), Temecula, CAMay 21, 2014
Great place to work, great benefits and working enviroment
Excellent place to work
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 17, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: our plant was sold to icu medical and i was laid off
Almost 20 years with Abbott makes this the best place I've worked. The work was hard at times but the people their are excellent.
fun place to work
Cart collector/ sales associate (Former Employee), san francisco caMay 16, 2014
i was a superviser / rover i handled the money at the start and finish of each shift and made shure the product that we sold stayed stocked
Great Place To Work
Business and Finance Technician (Former Employee), Abbott Park, ILMay 15, 2014
I worked for Abbott Laboratories for approx. 30 years, and couldn't have asked for a better place to work. I had great managers and loved my many jobs. I had many jobs because if you work hard and continue to learn, you will be promoted. The only drawback is they limit promotions for non-exempts once you have reached the highest level. You need to go – more... to college for continue moving up, but they have excellent tuition reimbursement and are extremely supportive of your continuing education. It is a wonderful place for working mother's - one of the top companies according to Working Mother Magazine. – less
It was a good place to learn the trade- diverse exposure and training.
RA Manager (Former Employee), Abbott Park, ILMay 15, 2014
Company was fair, had good products, took seriously the need for quality compliance.
Excellent corporation to work for. Competitive pay and benefits, balance work-life emphasis.
Quality Professional (Current Employee), IllinoisMay 15, 2014
Abbott provides plenty of opportunities for growth and movement around the company.
Global Pharmceutical Healthcare Company
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Abbott Park, ILMay 14, 2014
Pros: everyday provides a lesson or a challenge and provides continued learning.
Cons: long hours and after hours support for travel
My day generally starts at 7:30am and ends close to 7pm. I currently manage an executive office for a fortune 500 company. I efficiently handle in-boxes and calendaring for 8 senior staff members, while taking into account cultural and time zone differences. I handle internal and external communications and schedule daily priorities for the staff.

I – more... also handle all travel arrangements within the U.S and internationally for the senior staff and process requirements for passports and visas as required. I am responsible to process and audit expense reports for the senior staff ensuring all corporate polices are met or exceeded. I also routinely handle any delinquencies with individual contributors and managers to resolve past due reports. – less
Great beginnig
Technical Service Engineer (Former Employee), Lima, PeruMay 8, 2014
Pros: the co workers
Cons: the engineering part was not so challenging
Great learning experience.
The people is very friendly.
Fun place to work.
Great work life balance and benefits
Device Materials Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 7, 2014
Pros: benefits, work life balance, wages
Cons: wearing many hats due to lean manufacturing ptactices
Abbott Laboratories is a great company to work for with great benefits. it is a fast paced environment and the ability to multi-task is a must. Abbott runs lean and mean and focuses on making the best products possible.
It's very cutting edge medical device company.
Quality Engineer Tech (Former Employee), Temecula, CAMay 5, 2014
Pros: great benefits, healthcare and pay
Cons: the changing healthcare markets for job security
You are all way on call call to kept all production lines up and running. Helping with all document issues, quality control, testing and shipping of devices to our clients.
I learned how work with people from all walk of life. How solve issues right the first time and timely manager.
The management very helpful, listened to you ideals and willing to – more... work with to get assignments done.
The people were great there just like one big family.
The hardest part of the job is you are pull different way at same time and must done at same time.
The most enjoyable part of the job knowing that all the devices developed and made will save many life today and in future. – less

About Abbott Laboratories

Abbott Laboratories (NYSE: ABT) is a global, diversified (multi-division) pharmaceuticals and health care products company. It – Read more

Abbott Laboratories Photos