Abbott Laboratories

Abbott Laboratories Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great working environment
Professional Medical Representative (Former Employee), PhilippinesNovember 4, 2014
Management are very accommodating and supportive.
Fun parties and great career growth opportunities.
Good pay but dependent on corporate office
Manager Systems Development (Former Employee), Saint-Laurent, QuebecSeptember 17, 2014
All shots called from Corporate Office. They don't understand the local reality.
Good Working Environment
Employee (Current Employee), Saint-Laurent, QCAugust 14, 2014
Pros: money, benifits, experience
Cons: room to move up
Great place to work, good team of people and great atmosphere
Fun place to work, you work hard and play hard. Provides a lot of opportunity to learn and grow. Provides a very professional environment for growth.
Commercial Director, for 3 Continents (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: continuing training programs, external and internal. continuous adaptation to change. lot of opportunity to grow.
Experienced and professional management. Learning and training is continuous and is part of your growth plan. Excellent co-workers, congenial work environment. Plenty of room for all good people to grow. Global organization, fair compensation and many business units to expand your professional horizons.
Nothing to say really
Assembly Operator Cartridge Direct (Current Employee), Ottawa, OntarioFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: short work week
Cons: long hours (12 hour night shifts)
I really don't have too much to say about this company. Good for single people or people that have grown jids like teenagers. Not so good for people with small kids.
Abbott Vascualar
Customer Service/ Order Desk (Current Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: always having lunches with the management team, who always found it important to keep the rest of the team engaged.
Cons: very long hours, as customer service was the nucleus of the company.
I had the privilege to work with a group of passionate people who not only believed in Team Work, but being a family. With fun and a strong working team, you can acheive anything. Spoken from the General Manager of the company. it was not who you were, Everyone had a role, but Team was something that the people who worked for Abbott Vascular took very – more... seriously. – less
Abbott you say?
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Abbott Park, ILDecember 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: supervisors not willing to go the extra mile for you
A typical day consisted of scheduling an abundance of meetings, answering phones and making travel arrangements. I learned that I am a very good administrative assistant. Management was hit and miss. There were some very very good managers and some that were terrible. I had both types of managers and there was never a dull moment. My co-workers and – more... I all got along very well. The hardest part of the job was setting up international phone calls and/or meetings due to the time differences. The most enjoyable part of the job was being rewarded multiple times for a job well done! – less
Toxic environment
Instructional Designer (Former Employee), Abbot ParkDecember 19, 2014
Pros: competitive pay and benefits
Cons: terrible culture
While Abbott is a great company, it's important to realize that not all areas of a great company are run well. The GPO division has some serious dysfunction at the leadership levels.
Good benefits including pension and profit sharing
Sr. IT Compliance Analyst (Former Employee), North Chicago, ILDecember 18, 2014
Pros: benefits and pay and sometimes work from home can be arranged. holiday luncheon, occasional lunches and outings for staff meetings
Cons: outsourcing, unpaid overtime, aggressive timelines
Nice benefits in this day and age, but most of IT is being outsourced. Office areas are nice and many workers have been with company for a long time or are contractors. IT management gives aggressive timelines and late night and weekend work is expected. Some managers are great, so stick with the manager if they are good.
Average company
Senior Manufacturing/Operations Consultant (Former Employee), Menlo Park, CADecember 17, 2014
Typical company with large bureaucratic processes as to be expected from these type companies. Great place to start a career but hard for movement up the ladder.
Company has solid position with industry
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), Abbott Park, ILDecember 14, 2014
During my time at Abbott I learned a great deal about working in a laboratory environment. I developed an understanding of the demands of patient care from a laboratory perspective. I worked in the field during the duration of my employment at Abbott. I had solid support within my field team from my peers.
Great place to work.
Technical Services Chemist II (Former Employee), Temecula, CADecember 11, 2014
Pros: potential to learn.
Cons: due to chemistry lab industry, workdays may exceed 8 hours.
I learned verification and validation. I learned technical writing for investigations, deviations and CAPA's. I learned regulations such as CFR, ICH and EU. I learned my instrumentation (GC, HPLC and others). I learned juggling between writing reports/protocols/methods, performing analytical tests, performing investigations, and meeting deadlines.

Abbott – more... is a challenging place to work and very rewarding. – less
involved in numerous positions in food production
Material Control Manager (Former Employee), Altavista, VADecember 10, 2014
Pros: excellent benifits and compensation: good workplace environment
Cons: young management team. some inexperience
numerous jobs in inventory,quality control, procurement and warehousing
total facets of food production
confident and strict
wide variety of personalities due to large workforce
interaction of site politics
learning many facets of food production
Abbott was a great place to work.
Quality Professional (Former Employee), Abbott Park, ILDecember 9, 2014
Pros: rewards and recognition programs, christmas dinners, cafeteria, paid tuition, and on-site training and development programs
Abbott encourage employee development and provided paid tuition. The benefits were excellent and the work environment was professional but yet friendly and sometime fun-loving.
Excellent Company!
Pharma Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2014
Excellent Company!
Great atmosphere, management, employee recognition
One of the best place to work in earth - Top 100 Fortune company
CONTROLLER (Former Employee), Dominican Republic and Puerto RicoDecember 1, 2014
Pros: your learn enough
Cons: you work 70/80 hours a week
I was able to hire and train the Accounting (7) and the IT (3) staff.
Travelling to different plants in the US to bring medical devices that can be produced in a twin plants Puerto Rico/Dominican Republic.

Implemented all: Financials and Reporting to HQ in Chicago. Policies and Procedures. New Payroll Software, Standard Cost System,
Very professional working environment.
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee), Temecula, CANovember 25, 2014
Very professional working environment. The training was very good and the management was always available to answer questions.
Company invests in training & development of their employees
Sales Representative (Former Employee), New York StateNovember 25, 2014
It was a great place to begin my sales career. The company invested in employee training & development, but starting salaries were on the low side. Management at that time was predominantly younger & less experienced, but that changed as I moved to different divisions.
Lack of Work Life Balance
engineer (Former Employee), txNovember 21, 2014
Pros: decent pay even though no benefits.
Cons: bossy supervisors who can't watch their language, bad management around company.
Typical day at work as a contractor: exact 40 hrs a week, not a second less.

The task done wasn't even engineering, but mostly data entry. Boring when there is nothing to do.

Severe lack of direction on what needs to be done.

Major age difference. My supervisors stayed at Abbott for over 15 to 30 years, but feels miserable.

Lunch was extremely pricy, – more... as cafeteria lunch people tries to charge you $1.70 for a simple cup of tea. Overpriced, which was why I bring my own lunch. – less
A company that growed experiences
Machine Operator/ Assembler III (Former Employee), Temecula,CaNovember 19, 2014
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: breake ol
everyday is a busy day lot of team work involve at the same time is enjoyable place to work. Learn lot of new products learn to run a new machine . set the goal we need to met . and most to the time the management get involve in solving problems . as far for Co-worker we get along just fine

1 2 3 4 5

About Abbott Laboratories

Filling baby bottles and treating disease... these are the habits of Abbott. Abbott Laboratories is a top health care products – Read more

Abbott Laboratories Photos