Abbott Laboratories

Abbott Laboratories Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work, you work hard and play hard. Provides a lot of opportunity to learn and grow. Provides a very professional environment for growth.
Commercial Director, for 3 Continents (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: continuing training programs, external and internal. continuous adaptation to change. lot of opportunity to grow.
Experienced and professional management. Learning and training is continuous and is part of your growth plan. Excellent co-workers, congenial work environment. Plenty of room for all good people to grow. Global organization, fair compensation and many business units to expand your professional horizons.
Innovative atmosphere
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee), ZwolleJune 24, 2013
Abbott stimulates an innovative atmosphere and invest in new technology.
Nothing to say really
Assembly Operator Cartridge Direct (Current Employee), Ottawa, OntarioFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: short work week
Cons: long hours (12 hour night shifts)
I really don't have too much to say about this company. Good for single people or people that have grown jids like teenagers. Not so good for people with small kids.
Abbott Vascualar
Customer Service/ Order Desk (Current Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: always having lunches with the management team, who always found it important to keep the rest of the team engaged.
Cons: very long hours, as customer service was the nucleus of the company.
I had the privilege to work with a group of passionate people who not only believed in Team Work, but being a family. With fun and a strong working team, you can acheive anything. Spoken from the General Manager of the company. it was not who you were, Everyone had a role, but Team was something that the people who worked for Abbott Vascular took very – more... seriously. – less
Science driven company and best place to work
Adult Business Unit Manager (Former Employee), Mexico, DFDecember 10, 2012
Pros: science driven nutrition
Cons: need more strategic focus
Is an open environment, with global teamwork and products backed up by science which is key.
Team was great to work with. If there where issues or success
Total professional Learning
office assistant (Former Employee), Lahore,PakistanJuly 18, 2012
Pros: annual meeting at abroad
Cons: n/a
Day started with total professional learning,there are most places to learn,communication,invoice generation,stock handling,to arrange supplies,to set priorities in management.The hardest part of the job was recovery process of credit.The most enjoyable moment was annual meeting as during my tenure of job Pakistan rated no#1 position in Asia pacific.
Productive, Fun loving environment
Regulatory Assistant (Current Employee), Dubai, DUMay 30, 2012
Pros: flexibity to give suggestions, opinions and ideas, work from home.
Cons: long hours, too much work, sometimes it is too stressful.
This position gave me opportunity to learn all fields of business right from admin to Managerial position.

Have knowledge of how different departments work in an organization, ( Logistics, HR, Finance, Pricing, Regulations, ) All Departments being co-related, how important it is to maintain a proper co-ordination and balance between all.
Great job
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Abbott Park ILApril 14, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good pay, challenging work and alot of help and coaching.
Cons: i lost all sense of job security when they started a new company of the division i worked in.
Lots of opportunities, job satisfaction. The personal from the engineering department mentored me and I learned a great deal of technical knowledge and skill from them.
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee), Temecula, CAApril 11, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Because of company downsizing, I am no longer with the company.
a very professional enviornment to work for
MANUFACTURING OPERATOR (Former Employee), Temecula, CaliforniaApril 10, 2014
Pros: when we would meet hourly goals we would get extra time for lunch.
Cons: that after lunch there was no chewing gum.
The hardest part of this job was to wake up at 3:00am in the morning, but as soon as I got to work I enjoyed my job so much that I did not even wanted to go to break. I Worked in a clean room environment, would arrive a few minutes early to see if people were absent so that I could assist that station of assembly line since I was certifed for all stations – more... in production line. Before beginning I would complete a full inspection for machine settings, assuring to follow MPI'S instructions. Assembled catheters for the heart, so every station had to do a full inspection to assure the was no damage to or contamination of the parts. I learned that quality is very important since we are saving peoples life, Ability to use microscope tweezers and measuring gages. Also management did a great job of giving us the proper training, I enjoyed working with all my co-workers, I consider my self as a very friendly enjoyable person. – less
loved working at Abbott
Contractor thru Manpower (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJApril 9, 2014
Pros: working space
Excellent workplace to have worked at in Immunology Department in Parsippany NJ. Gave me incentive to return to college to persue my Degree in Biology
Hardworking group of people that are loyal to the company
Accounting Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 8, 2014
Abbott Laboratories has a hardworking group of people that are loyal to the company and make a difference in the overall success of the company.
Good company. Not too secure, do to overseas transfers
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Temecula, CAApril 7, 2014
Pros: good salary and benefits
Cons: employment is not stable
Enjoyed my time working at Abbott. Company produces excellent product at the Temecula facility where I worked. Management has lost touch with the manufacturing floor. Many layoffs in the last few years, due to transfer of production lines to Costa Rica.
Exceptional Sales Experience within a large multinational company
Sales Executive (Former Employee), SydneyApril 6, 2014
Pros: rewarding bonuses and motivating team
Cons: demanding work hours (on call and after hours work required)
Throughout my 8 years of Sales and Marketing Experience with various large organisations, I learnt a wide range of skills.
I gained skills in dealing with a wide range of customers and meeting their needs in a timely manner. I also learnt how to close a sale for profit growth.
I am a team player and thoroughly enjoy working within a diverse team.
I – more... am comfortable working towards sales targets and working with management to forecast sales growth and budgets.
I love a dynamic, busy and challenging role within any position I take and am very adaptable to change and love learning new products or skills. – less
productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee), SligoApril 4, 2014
it was very flexible with working hours and a nice environment to work in
Leader in Diagnostic Laboratory instrumentation and clinical assays
Point of Care Product Specialist, Tampa, FL (Former Employee), Abbott Park, ILApril 3, 2014
Served in a variety of field based sales roles including Diagnostic Systems Specialist, Major Account Executive and Point of Care Product Specialist. Sold medical devices in hematology, chemistry, immunoassay, and various other clinical assays.
Productive, Very clean environment, Well managed
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Temecula,CAApril 1, 2014
Pros: we were saving lives.
Cons: the stress knowing that there was no margin for error.
I would audit assembly lines and assemblers in the clean room. I learned about catheters, stents, and guide-wires. Management was very well organized due to the type of work peoples lives depended on our expertise. They were very good co-workers we had very good communication. The hardest part of the job was the stress that was put on all of the employees – more... because the nature of the work we were involved in. I enjoyed working twelve hours a day four days a week and the overtime. – less
Company that invests in growth
Education Specialist - Gym & Specialty Channels (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 30, 2014
Abbott Nutrition invests in growth in their business and in the development on their employees. Comprehensive benefits, fair pay, good work-life balance.
Forklift Operator (Processing) (Current Employee), Altavista, VAMarch 29, 2014
Pros: good lunches, excellent benefits
Cons: not enough over-time hours offered
I enjoy the wonderful opportunity I get to work at such a professional company.
Positive Review
Major Account Executive Manager (Former Employee), Abbott Park, ILMarch 28, 2014
Pros: many
Positive Review.
Positive Outcome.
Great people all levels

1 2 3 4 5

About Abbott Laboratories

Abbott Laboratories (NYSE: ABT) is a global, diversified (multi-division) pharmaceuticals and health care products company. It – Read more

Abbott Laboratories Photos