Abbott Laboratories Employee Reviews

Productive and enjoyable working scenario.
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 November 2016
My passion of being a pharmaceutical sales representative. Talking about the benefits and features of my products to health professional for me is an art. Applying my skills in communication.
Steady work, great envoironment
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON28 October 2016
Very structured day, always something to do. Always working on continuous improvement to better working environment and cost savings.
Long term employees, most over 20 year service.
Pros
good pay
Cons
sometimes under appreciated
Great company
Documentation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wolseley, SK24 October 2016
Was able to utilize my education and skills. Was able to advance. It was a very team oriented company. I would probably still be there if they hadn't closed the Wolseley Plant.
Pros
Very dynamic company
Cons
Closed the plant in Wolseley
Bad Work life balance - mgmt takes advantage
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2016
In Field Service, ideally someone ought to balance home and work life. At Abbott Labs, the mentality is that your work is your family. Although the company annual retreats were fun and rewarding, the constant phone calls from MGMT and their minions made the experience very stressful.

Management takes advantage of naive immigrants in Toronto who aren't aware of their rights not to be harrassed, not to be named-called, and not to have overtime removed from their pay.

Worst of all, these internal failures within the company are apparent to the clients and they see this through the high turnover rate, continuous change in policies, and general complacency among the "team".
Pros
Work from home during standby
Cons
Harrassment from management
I worked with minimal supervision. Productive in my area. Good learning experience.
Senior Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Philippines9 June 2016
I usually work 8 hours a day but got service calls during wee hours. I learned the value of hard-work and patience in my job . The management is accommodating and have an open communication. My co-workers are friendly and open. The hardest part of my job is when I cannot fix the instrument on time. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I fix the instrument the quickest time possible.
management not well organized
Operator, Seams Inspector, (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON8 April 2016
time is money and money is time..... production line were always down due to a major lack of training and incompetent individuals .. ended by closing shop..
Pros
the odd bbq
Cons
not organized
Productive driven high energy
Senior Hospital Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and BC2 February 2016
Abbott provided a constantly changing environment in which to work and grow professionally. Quality work was recognized and rewarded and there was always support in seeking improvement.
I learned how to focus my energy in ways that yielded successful outcomes. I learned to work closely with others to bring talents together and create an environment where everyone gave their best.
I learned how to lead and how to follow and when to do either, for the sake of the project or task at hand.
I truly grew up at Abbott and can't thank them enough for the lessons that I learned there.
Pros
Superior benefits, compensation and advancement opportunities
Cons
Large corporate culture that is less personal.
Company has really changed in the last 5 years.
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region, ON9 November 2015
The company has great people working there, to much time putting out fires, not enough time spent on developing long term strategies.
co-workers and enjoyable part of the day
Primary Care Representative/maternity replacement (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 November 2015
Supportive management and great team work along with the realization that what I do on a daily bases improves the quality of life of a patient.
This was a period of great change. Abbott EPD had been purchased by Mylan. There was great concern about the future outcomes.We maintained a continuity, of "business as usual" and our focus on what needed to be done to achieve sales targets at the same focus on the needs of our customers ( all HCPs and patients ) All this is a time when morale was low.
Best part of my day- when a KOL or patient says your drug or the information you provided improved my life. Very powerful!
Pros
Ablity to be creative in the sale process, automomy, while at the same time having the support of management and team-mate
Cons
Due to merging of two systems created technology glitches
Territory/Area Manager
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec2 September 2015
As Territory Manager, a typical day was to visit pharmacists and detail them on key products for Abbott.
Needed a good sense of organisation to exceed in sales for the given territory
Always focused on targets and business development. Learned to tightly manage every aspect of the business to enable develop as many opportunities as possible in a given territory.
Succeeded very well and very well rewarded.
Pros
Being on the road, organising my own schedule and meeting pharmacists and deliver new information all the time.
Cons
Restructuring all the time with management
fun and interesting
Analyste Programmeur sénior(consultation) (Former Employee) –  montreal30 March 2015
Great place to work, Great IT team, Great users. Very good location and good work flexibility. projects and opportunities with very high standards
Quality control (Former Employee) –  Assembly26 March 2015
Arrived at work station, cleaned tables to ensure product quality. Leardned to inspect parts for defects. Managment was kind aswell as all the co-workers. Job was very repetitive which I learned to adapt to.
Great working environment
Professional Medical Representative (Former Employee) –  Philippines4 November 2014
Management are very accommodating and supportive.
Fun parties and great career growth opportunities.
Good pay but dependent on corporate office
Manager Systems Development (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, Quebec17 September 2014
All shots called from Corporate Office. They don't understand the local reality.
Good Working Environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC14 August 2014
Great place to work, good team of people and great atmosphere
Pros
money, benifits, experience
Cons
room to move up
Fun place to work, you work hard and play hard. Provides a lot of opportunity to learn and grow. Provides a very professional environment for growth.
Commercial Director, for 3 Continents (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2014
Experienced and professional management. Learning and training is continuous and is part of your growth plan. Excellent co-workers, congenial work environment. Plenty of room for all good people to grow. Global organization, fair compensation and many business units to expand your professional horizons.
Pros
Continuing training programs, external and internal. Continuous adaptation to change. Lot of opportunity to grow.
Nothing to say really
Assembly Operator Cartridge Direct (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, Ontario5 February 2013
I really don't have too much to say about this company. Good for single people or people that have grown jids like teenagers. Not so good for people with small kids.
Pros
short work week
Cons
long hours (12 hour night shifts)
Abbott Vascualar
Customer Service/ Order Desk (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON3 February 2013
I had the privilege to work with a group of passionate people who not only believed in Team Work, but being a family. With fun and a strong working team, you can acheive anything. Spoken from the General Manager of the company. it was not who you were, Everyone had a role, but Team was something that the people who worked for Abbott Vascular took very seriously.
Pros
always having lunches with the management team, who always found it important to keep the rest of the team engaged.
Cons
very long hours, as customer service was the nucleus of the company.
Environnement de travail rigoureux mais laissant place à l'adaptabilité
Spécialiste des ventes hospitalières (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 January 2016
Environnement de travail rigoureux mais laissant place à l'adaptabilité selon la demande
Pros
salaire compétitif
Cons
restructuration