Abbott Laboratories

Abbott Laboratories Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Dynamic and demanding work place with high rewards
FINANCE DIRECTOR - NUTRITION DIVISION (Current Employee), Riyadh, Saudi ArabiaApril 29, 2014
Pros: long term career organization with excellent benefits
Saudi Arabia is the 3rd largest International market within Abbott Nutrition. The affiliate had delivered consistent double digit year over year growth for the past 8 years. It is a multi-cultural environment with a mix of nationalities. The affiliate maintains highest levels of ethics and financial controls. Talent is the best in class and employer – more... of choice. – less
Fun place to work, you work hard and play hard. Provides a lot of opportunity to learn and grow. Provides a very professional environment for growth.
Commercial Director, for 3 Continents (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: continuing training programs, external and internal. continuous adaptation to change. lot of opportunity to grow.
Experienced and professional management. Learning and training is continuous and is part of your growth plan. Excellent co-workers, congenial work environment. Plenty of room for all good people to grow. Global organization, fair compensation and many business units to expand your professional horizons.
Innovative atmosphere
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee), ZwolleJune 24, 2013
Abbott stimulates an innovative atmosphere and invest in new technology.
Nothing to say really
Assembly Operator Cartridge Direct (Current Employee), Ottawa, OntarioFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: short work week
Cons: long hours (12 hour night shifts)
I really don't have too much to say about this company. Good for single people or people that have grown jids like teenagers. Not so good for people with small kids.
Abbott Vascualar
Customer Service/ Order Desk (Current Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: always having lunches with the management team, who always found it important to keep the rest of the team engaged.
Cons: very long hours, as customer service was the nucleus of the company.
I had the privilege to work with a group of passionate people who not only believed in Team Work, but being a family. With fun and a strong working team, you can acheive anything. Spoken from the General Manager of the company. it was not who you were, Everyone had a role, but Team was something that the people who worked for Abbott Vascular took very – more... seriously. – less
Science driven company and best place to work
Adult Business Unit Manager (Former Employee), Mexico, DFDecember 10, 2012
Pros: science driven nutrition
Cons: need more strategic focus
Is an open environment, with global teamwork and products backed up by science which is key.
Team was great to work with. If there where issues or success
Total professional Learning
office assistant (Former Employee), Lahore,PakistanJuly 18, 2012
Pros: annual meeting at abroad
Cons: n/a
Day started with total professional learning,there are most places to learn,communication,invoice generation,stock handling,to arrange supplies,to set priorities in management.The hardest part of the job was recovery process of credit.The most enjoyable moment was annual meeting as during my tenure of job Pakistan rated no#1 position in Asia pacific.
Productive, Fun loving environment
Regulatory Assistant (Current Employee), Dubai, DUMay 30, 2012
Pros: flexibity to give suggestions, opinions and ideas, work from home.
Cons: long hours, too much work, sometimes it is too stressful.
This position gave me opportunity to learn all fields of business right from admin to Managerial position.

Have knowledge of how different departments work in an organization, ( Logistics, HR, Finance, Pricing, Regulations, ) All Departments being co-related, how important it is to maintain a proper co-ordination and balance between all.
A great company to work for.
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJuly 9, 2014
Pros: profit sharing check that we received at the end of each year.
Cons: long work hours some weeks.
I worked on assigned engineering projects. Most projects required weeks or months to complete. Each day consisted of tasks that were a part of the overall project. Each project had something new and interesting to learn.
I loved the new and interesting things that each project brought because they kept me from getting bored. Management and co-workers – more... were very professional in their jobs and duties. The hardest part of my job was when I had to work long hours, weekends and holidays to implement a project. The most enjoyable part of my job was to see a successful completion. I knew that each completed project would help make the company successful in meeting our goals. – less
Productive and great place to work
Product Inspector (Former Employee), Altavista, VAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: good pay, great co-workers
Cons: repetitive work, no benefits for temp workers/contractors
A typical day at Abbott begins with putting on your uniform and punching your time card at the beginning of the shift. Usually, there is a mandatory meeting between co-workers and management before work starts. There's a lot of repetitive work but sometimes you get a chance to work in other parts of the plant. While at Abbott, I learned a great deal – more... about manufacturing. My co-workers were easy going and very experienced. The hardest part of the job is the repetitive nature of the work sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in other parts of the plant. – less
productive place to work training is excellent
Senior Production Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Altavista, VAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: compensation/benefits
Cons: job work/life balance on some jobs
great people to work with and like always management can be improved.hardest part to the job is working 8 days a week [on some lines].but the pay is only thing good thing.
Fast paced, high profile
Sr. Purchasing Assist (Former Employee), Abbott Park, ILJuly 7, 2014
Purchasing for high dollar capital projects.
Learned many skills for finding the best possible prices.
Management was will to work with you to get the jobs done.
Co-workers were excellent to work with and very helpful.
Healthcare company that delivers financial growth goals
General Manager, US Market Access (Former Employee), CaliforniaJune 27, 2014
Pros: compensation package
Company that rewards high performance and that is committed to it's people, customers, and shareholders
Great place with good working environment
R&D Lab Supervisor/Technician (Former Employee), Santa ClaraJune 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: n/a
In my almost twenty years, had managers that were great mentors, and learned a lot from them as well from Abbott.
A wonderful job
Assembler 3 (Former Employee), Temecula caJune 19, 2014
My job provided many benifits from wonderful insurance down to having day care for other employees and they also had a fitness program to monitor health and wellness
A great company with a history of success.
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee), Visalia, CAJune 15, 2014
Pros: building relationships, trust, confidence, respect, excellent pay and benefits, company car with gas card, personal growth, excellent training.
Cons: uncertain future, constant rumors of buyouts or layoffs.
After 12 years with Solvay Pharmaceuticals, we were acquired by Abbott Labs in 2010. Most companies would immediately lay off most of the acquired sales force, but Abbott did not. Everyone at Solvay had been resigned to the fact that we would be let go. Instead, Abbott had seen our sales success over the years and decided to keep us on to continue marketing – more... our products. We returned their faith in us by turning AndroGel into a 1 billion dollar product. I will forever be grateful to Abbott and AbbVie pharmaceuticals for allowing me to continue my career. If the market situation were different, I would choose to be a loyal AbbVie sales representative for years to come. Unfortunately, we have all been on a year to year basis due to the constant changes in the marketplace. I would like to stay in the healthcare industry and the future is with companies like Dignity Health.
A typical day is planning my calls the day before. Knowing where I'm going and what my message or goal is for each individual physician. I communicate weekly with my territory partner to review physician data in order to game plan what our next move should be.
Top level management has done a great job of keeping us up to date on changes in the marketplace and in providing sales incentives to reach budget goals. I have been very lucky in that I have had excellent District Managers over the years who treat us like professionals and give us the freedom to run our territories while keeping an eye on the companies goals.
Other than becoming more tech friendly, there have been few parts of this job that are difficult. Pharmaceutical sales are so natural for me, it has never seemed like a job. But I take great pride in my career.
Every day that I can go out and interact with everyone in an office, from the receptionist to the physician, it's an enjoyable day. I remind myself every day how lucky I have been to have this job for as long as I have. – less
Production Supervisor
Production Supervisor----Quality Engineer. (Former Employee), San José, SJJune 14, 2014
Pros: annual bonusses, free lunches, piad vacations, holidays.
Lead Production Lines controlling efficiency, quality, operations standarization, planning, organizing, and executing all aspects related with production processes. In charge of quality investigations and rework execution. Performs excellent communication, leadership and coaching and teamwork skills.
Project Manager - DW
Project Manager (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILJune 10, 2014
Worked on a ERP migration project as PM. Built a 10 member team to transform existing mainframe finance application into SAP BI.
Abbott is a 5 star place to work for and a great place to learn the drug development process.
Sr. CRA/Clinical Research Management Associate (Former Employee), Abbott Park, ILJune 8, 2014
Abbott is a great company to work for number of reasons.
I received great training and had a diverse work experience. My manager was fair and supportive.
The only thing that was difficult to deal with was the commute.
Working in Legal Operations is very busy, for my group supports the Legal Division.
Legal Operations Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Abbott Park, ILJune 6, 2014
My workday is not typical, for it can and does change quite often. I am the, "go to person" within Legal, so if people have questions about anything, I am the contact person.

When I first began working in Legal, I was very timid and bashful. Legal has helped me out of my shell and to become more communicative, energetic and a trustworthy person. I – more... am one that people can depend on.

Management is supportive with the goals you want to want to achieve and very easy to tallk with.

My co-workers are great, I feel like we are family.

The hardest part for me is prioritizing. Since everyone would like for their concern to take priority, it's difficult for me to say no.

Being who I am with acceptance from the people. It makes my job enjoyable. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Abbott Laboratories

Abbott Laboratories (NYSE: ABT) is a global, diversified (multi-division) pharmaceuticals and health care products company. It – Read more

Abbott Laboratories Photos