Part-time, irregular schedule
- Act as the Heat mascot, Hawkey the Red Tailed Hawk, at all Heat community, corporate, media, school and charitable events, as required.
- Create goodwill in the community
- Act as the Heat mascot, Hawkey the Red Tailed Hawk, at Heat home games at the Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre
- Interact, entertain and excite Heat home crowds
- Develop new skits, costumes, dances and ideas for activities surrounding Hawkey
- Actively participate in pre-game and in-game promotions, including contests, photo ops, t-shirt tosses, etc., as required
- Create goodwill in the venue
- Continue to develop Hawkey’s personality.
- Communicate non-verbally with Heat fans, staff and handler comfortably
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPECTATIONS (the following applies to both Community Relations and Game Operations)
- Some previous mascot experience is preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to work in a costume.
- Must be well organized and flexible to meet time, priority and workload demands
- Interact with children, adults, seniors and persons of significance with utmost respect and courtesy,
- Report any mascot costume care, cleaning or maintenance needs in a timely fashion,
- Ensure that costume is sprayed and returned to appropriate location following every game or as directed,
- Perform within the safety limitations of the costume and the venue.
- Respect the anonymity of this position and acknowledge that the person that puts on the mascot suite to perform as Hawkey needs to remain anonymous.
- Must be able to lift approximately 50 lbs.
- Good physical condition (athletic).
- Ideal performer height will be between 5’6” – 5’10”.
- Ability to troubleshoot situations without interruption and act accordingly.
- You will conduct yourself in accordance with the Heat HR Policies Manual.
Hourly, based on experience for all Community appearances
Flat rate fee for all Heat games, based on 4 – 4.5 hour appearance
Based on schedule as determined by the positions supervisor
Please note: only successful candidates will be. No phone calls regarding the
Indeed - 7 months ago