ABB

ABB Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Was only work experience
Assistant (Former Employee), Billingham, ENGOctober 7, 2013
I only worked there for 1 week on experience as I listed on the page before and it wont let me skip
the most enjoyable part of the job
Engineer (Current Employee), Barnala, PBOctober 7, 2013
Pros: free lunchs
Cons: long hours
Honestly, I used to like the challenge, but lately it’s just being able to leave :\
Good
Manager - Traction Business, Power System Division (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAOctober 7, 2013
Good to work
Good Management

typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
productive
HSE manager & Internal auditor (Current Employee), Cairo, AROctober 2, 2013
I have achieved a remarkable progress in my practical life; Working as a HSE manager (Health,Saftey and Environment )Operations Manager and Internal Auditor in ABB for nine years till now .And I’ve NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) IGC1, IGC2 and IGC3 and Lead Auditor for OHSAS18001:2007.
Good place to learn, employee recognition for work
Design Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KASeptember 29, 2013
Good place to learn, employee recognition for work but partailty shown by the business unit while distributing the renumeration when the markets went high.
I&C Engineer
I&C Engineer (Former Employee), egyptSeptember 29, 2013
I&C Engineer at ABB – EGYPT 2005 -2006 working in projects as project engineer
Help to learn more new things like hard work
Application Engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KASeptember 22, 2013
I like to work with this company , ABB always give good Commissioning support to cstomer, also ABB automation is very user friendly,it is very eassy to troubleshoot automation related problem.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Site Engineer (Civil) (Current Employee), Now I am in Bilaspur-ChattisgarhSeptember 5, 2013
I have learned different type of skills from project site. I got very much support from my management and my colleagues. At the time of charging we are in so much pressure. And the most enjoyable part of the job is when the sub station has charged at last.
Good company
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 3, 2013
Good benefits
Good co-workers
Challenges solving problems
We have technical discussion
Electrician (Current Employee), Middelburg, MPSeptember 2, 2013
Do pm card and walkdown to check any defect dat have been reported.
The operation of transformer rectifier
Treat every employee equally
Friendly to work with and dont bring personal issue to work
If fault hasnt been resolve in the space of a shift
Getting the job done in time
Experience of working in MNC Company
Assistant Vice President and Company Secretary (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHSeptember 1, 2013
Had a very good exposure to interact with top and influential Board Members, worked in a professional set up and procedures
As a very large diversified corporation, ABB affords numerous opportunities for career development, both cross functionally as well as vertically in o
Strategic Business Development Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, PAAugust 25, 2013
Pros: developing a tool, report, or presentation, that succeeded in helping a customer, generate business, or helping an associate better perform their job. fair benefits and compensation administration.
Cons: while it's certainly beneficial to accurately anticipate major corporate actions, particularly those in which local individuals may be significantly affected, managerial decisions have sometimes occurred, leaving insufficient time for prudent individual reaction.
The duties of my most recent role as Strategic Business Development Manager varied in nature and focus throughout the course of each month. While researching and developing ways to ever increase sales of our electrical utility products for the renewable energy generation market was a prime responsibility, I also devoted considerable production to analyzing – more... and presenting numerous marketing and engineering performance indicators to all functional departments within the Division. I also routinely made presentations, supplied reports, trained and evaluated personnel, and attended trade conferences.

Inasmuch as my in-house, as well as external, customers varied extensively in terms of personnel, requirements, and preferences, I'd learned to become very flexible in my work manner and perspectives to optimally accommodate individuals’ needs.

While it was the responsibility of my managers to call directions and thereby 'lead the way' toward particular goals, I quickly discovered that their effectiveness significantly improved as I became more adept at proactively interpreting their unspoken requests and consequently deliver more strategic results.

Many of my co-workers were new to their assignments, a situation often repeating throughout each year. Having served a number of varied roles in the past, I was generally able to supplement their training and develop tools and procedures to help them more quickly assimilate their responsibilities.

Much my work output depended upon receiving accurate and timely information from other individuals. It was an added challenge to complete a task whenever such information was either late, insufficient, or inaccurate, and the responsible person was to be absent for an extended period. I quickly learned to develop alternative informational sources or to maintain personal databases upon which I could rely upon such contingencies.

Much of my reporting and analytical duties frequently depended upon performing a series rather complicated software procedures. One of my personal goals was continually improving the accuracy, relevancy, clarity, consistency, and speed of the information that I delivered. I recognized that I held an important stake in helping our business advance and prosper by always striving to deliver the most germane and highest quality information that I could generate, an accomplishment in which I regularly derived great satisfaction. – less
Productive and good workmanship
Electro-mechanical - Assembler III (Former Employee), New Berlin, WIAugust 21, 2013
Great place to work. I loved everything I did there. Challenging.
Jamnagar & Rourkela sites
Sr. Electrical - Engineer (Current Employee), rayagada - OdissaAugust 21, 2013
Cons: continueous working hours at shut down times ( including day and night)
1. Working upto 2pm in the night
2. instrumantation work
3. Fine
4. Reaching work location from staying location.
5. Testing and commissioning period.
product assembly
Trainee (Former Employee), Vadodara, GJAugust 17, 2013
never typical for any day of work and i learn new ideas developed,operating air caster, jlg etc.whenever the job is tanking at that time the situation is very stress full but i can face him always and enjoy it this moment.
Learning Environment
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 15, 2013
Pros: learnings
Cons: long working hours
It was my first job, entered the project management team in the course of journey learnt lot of things from basics of project management. Good place to learn people management skills and adapting to dynamic changes in the project, people and working conditions.

Long works on the shop floor though was a tough time, the learning compromised with the – more... latter. – less
Challenging work position in hot climate but under friendly and understanding management
Project Manager (Current Employee), Doha, DAWAugust 3, 2013
Pros: flexible working hours, brand new office
Cons: growing number of internal procedures
Typical day at work lasts for nine hours with one hour lunch break.
It starts with site visits followed by various meetings and correspondence check.
Orders preparation, offers evaluation, projects reviews, report preparations are other examples of weekly duties.
Management is friendly, has a good knowledge about market challenges.
Most difficult part – more... of our work here is to adopt seasonal work. During summer season, energy demand is so high that customer does not allow any major work. All modifications, overhaul and maintenance work needs to be carry on during winter months. It makes resource allocation a challenging task.
Last management initiative to celebrate every major order gives us a chance to share successes together. – less
productive and friendly work place
Site Engineer (Current Employee), Rourkela,OdishaJuly 31, 2013
Pros: cab facility
Cons: long hours
*long working hours.
*Man power handling,grown technically& risk management
*Management is unpredictable
*coworkers are good and friendly
*Cooping up with client unrealistic expectation
*most enjoyable part is when you get something done which others are unable to
Ebop(Electrical balance of plant)
Site Incharge/Senior Engineer (Current Employee), BharuchJuly 29, 2013
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
All the companies were good
Senior Executive travel (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 22, 2013
In a day I have to attend to several phone calls both international & domestic handling visas, insurances etc

About ABB

If robots actually do take over the world, you can thank ABB Inc. The US operations of global manufacturing conglomerate ABB have – Read more