ABB

ABB Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Electrical and SCADA engineer
Testing and COMMISSIONING Engineer of IEMS (Current Employee), BangaloreJune 11, 2014
• Engineering and Commissioning of ABB 800xA, Microscada, CET,PCM600,CAP 505,Control Builder,SAS and RTU560 . PLC Configuration & SCADA for Process Automation. Proven expertise in planning, designing and scheduling scada projects and expertise in OPC SERVER, IEC61850 / IEC 101/IEC104 protocol and MODBUS (serial & TCP/IP) protocol.
• Demonstrate skills – more... in requirements gathering, design, configuration, integration and implementation of process control solutions including Batch software, DCS systems, HMI packages, SCADA systems, SAS Hands on experience in HT and LT switchboard with Numerical protection relay communicating with Server and HMI through IEC 61850 switches.
• Expertise in working on controller cabinets (I/O racks, I/O modules, controller, Modbus interface), ABB Automation (800XA,Microscada and RTU560), 11kv,33kv,66kv,110kv,220kv Substation level monitoring and controlling of circuit Breakers through control cables & network cables.
• Scada Commissioning and Testing of Switch gear and Switch yard panels. Equipment like CurrentTransformer,PotentialTransformer, CircuitBreaker, Isolator,Transformer and Lightning arrester.
• Errection and commissioning of Control panels for Switchyard, Switchgear and Scada panels also and Cable scheduling, laying activities and termination of the panels for Power cable, Control cable, Network cable(OFC) and Testing and commissioning up to hand over. – less
Professional Office Environment
Project Administrator (Current Employee), St. Neots, ENGMay 27, 2014
Pros: interesting environment
Cons: not a permanent role
A professional and modern work environment in which I support internal Project Managers and Engineers as work dictates on a day to day basis.

In addition I provide cover and support for Colleagues who also fulfil an Administration role within the Company.

Support is provided to Customers as required too.
Good
Testing & commissioning of 132KV switchyard. (Former Employee), Thane, MHMay 26, 2014
It was good experience working with ABB limited which helped to gain knowledge both technically and personally
Energy & Electricity
Switches, EPR and Solar Product manager (Former Employee), Lyon, B9May 25, 2014
My objective is continue working for an energy company, which preferably focuses on sustainable development, a strong interest of mine. My goal is not only to continue to grow as a product manager but also to broaden my knowledge on energy markets at an international level.
Learnt lot in my present company about product
sr service engineer (Current Employee), Vadodara, GJMay 20, 2014
Pros: lunch at reasonable price
Learnt lot about product related to manufacturing and after sale service activities. Had good co-worker.
Productive, looked after employers
Receptionist/Administration (Former Employee), Sunderland, Tyne & WearMay 19, 2014
Pros: friendly colleagues, flexible
Kept busy with a variety of work to do. General reception duties, typing documents, preparing quotations and updating time sheets on a daily basis. Moving departments as and when needed i.e holidays maternity leave, sickness. Worked using my own initiative without supervision and managed my own time. Colleagues were friendly and helpful. Loved doing – more... a variety of work and at ABB I was used to doing this. – less
Great learning but terrible work culture
Training and Communication Manager - REMSC (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAMay 15, 2014
Pros: great learning
Cons: too much protocol, government hierarchy, zero tolerance to women
A great name and a good brand to work under, ABB truly encourages talent. As a company it is good, but unfortunately I can't say the same for the work culture In India. It is a culture which is similar to a government organisation, where everybody addresses people above them as Sir or Madam. They believe that if you need some work done you will need – more... to beg and beg and be at their beck and call, even if it is exactly what they are paid to do. More time is spent on politics and how to antagonize somebody or to get to the top. Most people are two-faced where they change their take on matters when the boss is present. There is zero tolerance for women and the men come from the mind-set that women are best suited for the kitchen and should not move up in their career.

However there are opportunities that come up to showcase your talent and great employee mobility, but it really depends on how well you network and being at the right time at the right place. – less
Very Racist
MAINTENANCE ENGINEER (Former Employee), Subang jayaMay 14, 2014
Tough place to work,I have learned good engineering practice but in a very tough manner
site manager (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPMay 10, 2014
Pros: yes
Cons: yes
responssibility, accountibility and challenges.
professionalism.
strong code of conducts
stritly policy
High demand achevment enviroment
Business Unit Manager Rotating Machines Qld (Former Employee), Brisbane, QLDApril 23, 2014
Pros: good group traning & at times a good team sprit
Cons: 24/7 work load due to service industry demand & company expectation
6am to 6:30/7pm days as the demands of the workshop consumed the normal business hours & quite time was needed for strategic planning. The financial requirements of ABB were very concise & expanded the skills required to a new level of accounting & understanding. The hardest part of the job was dismissing unsuitable employees but this was something – more... I only had two or three occasions. Workshop peer pressures normally worked as a means of self regulating of the people that were not suitable or component at the jobs. The environment was very team oriented & if a person did not pull their weight or fit into a team environment they generally would understand this & seek alternate employment. Workshop staff support & achieving the number one spot for our workshop. – less
Market leader, that has deserved its position thanks to the people, that work for that company
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Москва, RussiaApril 21, 2014
Highly professional environment, hi class technologies, that we are bringing to the market every day.
Customer satisfaction is a key element in our daily work.
ABB is an international company that has room for growth
Analyst (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLApril 10, 2014
This company promotes from within and offers global advancement.
Empoyee friendly organisation
Information Security & Compliance Manager (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAApril 10, 2014
Pros: employee friendly organisation, good management
Cons: attendance monitoring system
Organization is a very employee friendly organization and has good management
Monitring of whole sub station
Site Manager (Current Employee), Faridabad, HRApril 8, 2014
Pros: lunch not free
Cons: eight hours working
to the construction activities, fund collection from customer & work safely at working place.
Interesting work but poor co-workers
Apprentice Technician (Former Employee), Telford, ENGApril 4, 2014
Pros: lots of travel involveded
Cons: management and co workers were ruthless on how they did things.
A typical day would involve getting a turbo or turbo's from the stores, stripping the turbo down, inspecting every individual part following company requirements, filling out a report, cleaning/repairing and installing new parts as part of the build.

I learned how to multi-task jobs, fill out reports and read complex engineering drawings.

Management – more... was good but can be very ruthless.

Co-workers could not be trusted and would stab you in the back if they were in trouble.

The hardest part of the job would be juggling many different job and getting the right ones done on time.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be going off site and conducting repairs and services on ships and different sites. – less
productivity and fun in work
service engineer (Current Employee), Vadodara , gujarat , indiaMarch 31, 2014
lost of learning think which can be from the management of ABB . any one can be understand only when he /she will came to ABB family
Interesting learning expierience
Winder (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 29, 2014
Attention to details was very important. Many long hours studying the process of winding coils.
Vale Oman palletizing plant
• Maintenance of rotary kiln
• Maintenance of grinding mill
Environment change
Product Manager (Former Employee), Rio de JaneiroMarch 21, 2014
Pros: very well structured company
Cons: salary policy during acquisition of other company.
I could not evaluate in reality the work environment inside ABB. The company for whom I was working before was acquired by ABB. During my experience with APS Technology I was home office based and most of the time visiting clients in Brazil. I continued as home office based in ABB, but few times I was in the main office in Sao Paulo. The atmosphere – more... was very friendly and people seemed to be very focused on their work. I got a huge support from my manager inside ABB Brazil, what gave me a very good impression about my specific sector. As I was far away from the daily routine, I felt sometimes abandoned by other support sectors, but it seems something from a perspective of someone out of the nest. The company never left me in trouble. – less
Good Learning Exp
Audit Manager (Current Employee), Vadodara, GJMarch 13, 2014
• Ensures compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
• Verifies assets and liabilities by comparing items to documentation.
• Completes audit work papers by documenting audit tests and findings.
• Appraises adequacy of internal control systems by completing audit questionnaires.
 – more... Communicates audit findings by preparing a final report; discussing findings with auditees.
• Complies with federal, state, and local security legal requirements by studying existing and new security legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
• Prepares special audit and control reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating information and trends.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• I was checking physical inventory, GRN Reports, MIS Reports, US & UK GAAP, GRIR Reports. – less

About ABB

ABB is a global leader in power and automation technologies. Based in Zurich, Switzerland, the company employs 150,000 people – Read more