ABB

ABB Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive & Work Site
Site Engineer (Electrical) (Former Employee), Gulbarga, KAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: free launches
Cons: long hours
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
AWFUL PLACE & PEOPLE
Customer Service/SR. Order Analyst (Former Employee), New Berlin,WIJuly 18, 2014
Cons: everything
TERRIBLE PLACE TO WORK - PEOPLE VERY UNFRIENDLY - BIG CLIQUE ATMOSPHERE - NO SUPPORT FROM MANAGEMENT AT ALL. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM CO-WORKERS IN LOW VOLTAGE MOTORS DEPT - NOT AT ALL THE TYPE OF WORK I AM USED TO PROVIDING!! THIS COMPANY TRULY DOES NOT KNOW THE MEANING OF CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! I FELT BLESSED TO BE LAID OFF!!
very excellent organisation
Management staff (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJuly 13, 2014
Very good work environment.
Very good experts in management.
Guidance and supports in all level
Okay
HR (Current Employee), North CarolinaJuly 9, 2014
Excellent company if you are an engineer or part of the business.
poorly managed
winder (Current Employee), Bland, VAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: unpaid lunch
Cons: short breaks 10 mins
work from time you get there till time you leave learned a lot management has there people they like if you are not there people you are nothing coping with management company picnic.
Global company - US office in Carey, NC. Fantastic 20 years working for a top corporation
Sr. Exec. Assistant to President (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTJuly 2, 2014
Learned much, met fantastic people. Working for a global company affords you the opportunity to meet people from all over the world. Traveled numerous times to Switzerland numerous times for business. Great opportunity.
Process based company
AIX Administrator (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJune 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches, snaks & tea
Cons: lang hurs
I working for IBM India Pvt for ABB Project for the past 3.10 Years.
To manage and schedule the daily process of Power T&D operations
Manufacturing Team Lead (Current Employee), Pinetops, NCJune 21, 2014
Pros: vacation and personal days
Cons: equipment need updated
ABB has provided me with valuable training to enhance my ability to be effective in the work industry.
not much to tell
Material Handler/Receiver (Current Employee), Coral Springs, FLJune 20, 2014
This was a temporary posistion I held to make ends meet. So it doesn't stand out in my mind.
Electrical and SCADA engineer
Testing and COMMISSIONING Engineer of IEMS (Current Employee), BangaloreJune 11, 2014
• Engineering and Commissioning of ABB 800xA, Microscada, CET,PCM600,CAP 505,Control Builder,SAS and RTU560 . PLC Configuration & SCADA for Process Automation. Proven expertise in planning, designing and scheduling scada projects and expertise in OPC SERVER, IEC61850 / IEC 101/IEC104 protocol and MODBUS (serial & TCP/IP) protocol.
• Demonstrate skills – more... in requirements gathering, design, configuration, integration and implementation of process control solutions including Batch software, DCS systems, HMI packages, SCADA systems, SAS Hands on experience in HT and LT switchboard with Numerical protection relay communicating with Server and HMI through IEC 61850 switches.
• Expertise in working on controller cabinets (I/O racks, I/O modules, controller, Modbus interface), ABB Automation (800XA,Microscada and RTU560), 11kv,33kv,66kv,110kv,220kv Substation level monitoring and controlling of circuit Breakers through control cables & network cables.
• Scada Commissioning and Testing of Switch gear and Switch yard panels. Equipment like CurrentTransformer,PotentialTransformer, CircuitBreaker, Isolator,Transformer and Lightning arrester.
• Errection and commissioning of Control panels for Switchyard, Switchgear and Scada panels also and Cable scheduling, laying activities and termination of the panels for Power cable, Control cable, Network cable(OFC) and Testing and commissioning up to hand over. – less
Professional Office Environment
Project Administrator (Current Employee), St. Neots, ENGMay 27, 2014
Pros: interesting environment
Cons: not a permanent role
A professional and modern work environment in which I support internal Project Managers and Engineers as work dictates on a day to day basis.

In addition I provide cover and support for Colleagues who also fulfil an Administration role within the Company.

Support is provided to Customers as required too.
Good
Testing & commissioning of 132KV switchyard. (Former Employee), Thane, MHMay 26, 2014
It was good experience working with ABB limited which helped to gain knowledge both technically and personally
Energy & Electricity
Switches, EPR and Solar Product manager (Former Employee), Lyon, B9May 25, 2014
My objective is continue working for an energy company, which preferably focuses on sustainable development, a strong interest of mine. My goal is not only to continue to grow as a product manager but also to broaden my knowledge on energy markets at an international level.
Learnt lot in my present company about product
sr service engineer (Current Employee), Vadodara, GJMay 20, 2014
Pros: lunch at reasonable price
Learnt lot about product related to manufacturing and after sale service activities. Had good co-worker.
Productive, looked after employers
Receptionist/Administration (Former Employee), Sunderland, Tyne & WearMay 19, 2014
Pros: friendly colleagues, flexible
Kept busy with a variety of work to do. General reception duties, typing documents, preparing quotations and updating time sheets on a daily basis. Moving departments as and when needed i.e holidays maternity leave, sickness. Worked using my own initiative without supervision and managed my own time. Colleagues were friendly and helpful. Loved doing – more... a variety of work and at ABB I was used to doing this. – less
Great learning but terrible work culture
Training and Communication Manager - REMSC (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAMay 15, 2014
Pros: great learning
Cons: too much protocol, government hierarchy, zero tolerance to women
A great name and a good brand to work under, ABB truly encourages talent. As a company it is good, but unfortunately I can't say the same for the work culture In India. It is a culture which is similar to a government organisation, where everybody addresses people above them as Sir or Madam. They believe that if you need some work done you will need – more... to beg and beg and be at their beck and call, even if it is exactly what they are paid to do. More time is spent on politics and how to antagonize somebody or to get to the top. Most people are two-faced where they change their take on matters when the boss is present. There is zero tolerance for women and the men come from the mind-set that women are best suited for the kitchen and should not move up in their career.

However there are opportunities that come up to showcase your talent and great employee mobility, but it really depends on how well you network and being at the right time at the right place. – less
Very Racist
MAINTENANCE ENGINEER (Former Employee), Subang jayaMay 14, 2014
Tough place to work,I have learned good engineering practice but in a very tough manner
site manager (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPMay 10, 2014
Pros: yes
Cons: yes
responssibility, accountibility and challenges.
professionalism.
strong code of conducts
stritly policy
High demand achevment enviroment
Business Unit Manager Rotating Machines Qld (Former Employee), Brisbane, QLDApril 23, 2014
Pros: good group traning & at times a good team sprit
Cons: 24/7 work load due to service industry demand & company expectation
6am to 6:30/7pm days as the demands of the workshop consumed the normal business hours & quite time was needed for strategic planning. The financial requirements of ABB were very concise & expanded the skills required to a new level of accounting & understanding. The hardest part of the job was dismissing unsuitable employees but this was something – more... I only had two or three occasions. Workshop peer pressures normally worked as a means of self regulating of the people that were not suitable or component at the jobs. The environment was very team oriented & if a person did not pull their weight or fit into a team environment they generally would understand this & seek alternate employment. Workshop staff support & achieving the number one spot for our workshop. – less
Market leader, that has deserved its position thanks to the people, that work for that company
Business Development Manager (Former Employee), Москва, RussiaApril 21, 2014
Highly professional environment, hi class technologies, that we are bringing to the market every day.
Customer satisfaction is a key element in our daily work.

About ABB

ABB is a global leader in power and automation technologies. Based in Zurich, Switzerland, the company employs 150,000 people – Read more