ABB Employee Reviews

Bonne structure
Coordonnateur de projet (Current Employee) –  Varennes, QC18 November 2016
Bonne possibilities d'avancement.
Beaucoup de voyagement à l'extérieur,souvent sur la route.
Un leader dans l'industrie du transformateur
Pros
salaire
Cons
équilibre vie personnelle, professionnelle
Great Enviroment
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 November 2016
ABB has a great working environment and has a positive atmosphere. Managers are fair and professional. I would happily work at ABB in the future.
Pros
Great Benifits
Big company
Technical Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Peru31 October 2016
ABB is an important company around the world in electrical projects. It offered me a good challenge to improve my sales skills, good work environment and very professionals.
compagnie mondiale très bien structurée.
Coordonnateur de production (Former Employee) –  Varennes, QC28 October 2016
une des meilleures entreprise où j'ai travaillé ! HS et encadrement professionnel qui m'ont permis d'améliorer mes connaissances.
Pros
richesse sur les valeurs.
Cons
lourdeur administrative ( bureau chef à Zurich, Suède )
very diverse company
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2016
learned a lot of new things and was given some chances that no other company offered. management was helpful but a little disorganized
Great Company
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2016
Great company to work for, I learned a lot during my apprenticeship very experienced management. Lots of employment opportunities.
Abb inc.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 September 2016
Ensuring that the office is stocked and prepared for a productive day. Scheduling meetings, booking boardrooms and making any travel arrangements for management. Reconciling expense reports. Ordering lunches for meetings and lunch & learns. Coordinating all social club events

Within my role I have learned that when you do your job well and do it with a positive attitude your managers and coworkers appreciate your dedication.

The most difficult part of my job was honestly being in an industry that is suffering right now and watching so many fantastic people being let go.

The most enjoyable part of my job was coordinating all corporate events (Stampede breakfasts and rodeo, customer golf tournaments etc.) and ensuring that our customers were having a good time and were happy.
Pros
social club events
Fine
Project Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON11 July 2016
It was a good place to work. ABB gave me the opportunity to learn more than I could otherwise. My most enjoyable feeling was when a project was finally completed and I saw it operate properly.
Pros
Some Good
Cons
Some Bad
Productive and fun workplace
Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON10 July 2016
Its a great place to work. The management is very flexible who invest in Employee training and personal development. The co workers are very nice and cooperative.
Excellent professional working environment, . A lot of smart people who became my mentors, I learned a lot from them.
ELECTRICAL DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 July 2016
Excellent place to work in if you are a rookie designer, I like the fact that nobody in the office will belittle or humiliate you if you ask questions to technical stuff that you don't know about yet, even stupid questions because asking questions are actually encouraged, there is a saying in the office that "there are no stupid questions". This working environment really helped me learn, grow and acquire knowledge fast.

Everyone is a professional and anyone who violates the code of ethics are immediately weeded out.
Pros
free fruit basket every week. relatively flexible working hours.
Cons
long commute, at least for me.

Want to know more about ABB?

Ask a question
Professional
Contract Electrical Drafter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 July 2016
Starts with a meeting in the morning and ends with the meeting. I believed those meeting are every helpful on every task. It makes the project become accurate and efficient. Workers are also helpful.
Pros
Benefits and Salary
Great place to work at, European mentality
Project manager (Current Employee) –  Lachine, QC30 June 2016
ABB is a very big company without a rigid structure for every job. This means that you can pretty much mold the job to your expectations.

The financial controls are very strict which is great since you can't wander off for long before someone steps in.

I actually really like working at ABB, overall I think it's the best company I worked at. The only issue I see at this time is the advancement. It's really complicated to move up or in my case to move to a different location in the company.
Pros
Gym, table tennis, social club
Cons
Advancement is very difficult
ABB Employer As per Contract work
Site Administrator Series Capacitor Power Station (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BC20 June 2016
Overall I enjoyed my work as a contracted office administrator.

As there were 2 divisions ABB Power Systems/ABB Power Automations. The only issues I found was the sometime lack of communication between divisions when job requirements required it.

Individually I had no problems working individually with management of either division. My preference was for working under the ABB Power Systems Division.

Of Note: ABB was also responsible for the robotic arm in the movie Ironman 3.
was a very good place to work
Lead Desktop Support Technician for Western Canada (Former Employee) –  Calgary Alberta Canada14 May 2016
ABB was a good place to work coworkers very easy to get along with.Fixing on-site and off-site problems and Imac work.Management
was very supportive of the workers.
Pros
flexible work time
Cons
clients very demanding
Good place to start
Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 May 2016
Great place to learn how to work in a corporate environment coming from an academic background. Good balance of technical, commercial and legal.
Company that changes for change sake
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 April 2016
Management driven by global group with single minded focus on profitability. True 'large' company mentality.
Reinvents its business model every three years and returns to where it started every six to nine years. Endless cycles of hiring / firing.
Focus on your job but don't be surprised when they are done with you.
Pros
compensation good
Cons
little value given to its largest asset... people.
Environnement de travail très professionnel
QC, Canada (Current Employee) –  Montreal-ouest, QC20 April 2016
1.Journée de travail:
-6h00: Départ du camp pour le chantier
-Réunion sécurité et repartition tâches à 6h30.(Électricité, civil et mécanique)
-7h00 début travaux.
-Tours sur chantier pour contrôle qualité et suivi travaux.
-Réunion suivi avec le client
-12h00-12h30: Repas
-Suivi qualité et travaux.
-Rédaction rapports divers: courbe d'avancement (progress report), rapports sécurité, rapports qualité,
17h30: fin journée et depart pour le camp
18h00: arrivée au camp

2. J'ai appris le fonctionnement d'un poste SVAC et comment le construire

3. Management axé uniquement sur l'aspect technique pas sur la satisfaction du personnel

4. Collaborateurs corrects

5. Aspect le plus difficile: Client très exigeant (HydroQuébec)

6. Aspect le plus agréable: Nourriture au camp

Pros
Repas et logement gratuits
Cons
Horaires harassants
Gran empresa global
Senior Marketing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 April 2016
ABB es una gran empresa, con presencia global en csi todos los aspectos de la industria. Como toda empresa gigante adolece de problemas de estandarizacion pero ha hecho un gran esfuerzo para la unificación de sus distintas unidades.
Very professional working environment
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 April 2016
Working at ABB helps me to obtain a very thorough understanding of finance control and planning, accounting reporting and SOX control. Working with the management team and other co-team members has been a wonderful learning experience for me in such fields as managing process improvement projects, developing KPIs, risk managements as well as developing a strong communication skills.
Pros
Creative and challenging working environment
Cons
Extended long working hours
Productive and Cool environment
Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 April 2016
Typically my day starts at 7:30am. Daily meeting with my Lead Designer about ongoing projects progress. Drawing updates, special reviews, design meetings etc. Take special assignment if any or continue with ongoing project drawings. Drawings were related to Electrical Engg. for Oil & Gas SAGD projects.
I was totally new to this kind of concept compared to my previous experience. But the team or co-workers were awesome in all aspects. I was able access any support regarding design, drafting and engineering. Most of the co-workers were very senior but very down to earth kind of nature and with helping mentality.
Initially it was very hard for me to co-ordinate the system working. I only knew about the project was Control system drawings, as I had some previous hands-on experience in that field. But managed to understand the project and co-ordinate it within two months.
Most enjoyable part of job was at the lunch time where we used to get together at kitchen and take our lunch and followed by an afternoon walk for 15 minutes outside the office.
Management was awesome, easy to approach, mentoring and helpful.
Pros
Free lesson and lunch once in a month

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABB. Our community is ready to answer.