ABB Employee Reviews

Sexist employer
Marketing specialist (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC14 August 2017
Marketing positions are not valued in this company. Was a victim of sexism many times. Often left by myself with no objectives to look forward to. Bad management was leaving employees by themselves not knowing what was going on in the company.
Pros
flexibility and travel opp
Cons
sexism, bad management, no teamwork
Great
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 June 2017
It was a great learning experience! Spent my whole apprenticeship there and learned a lot from some good people. Good people to work with, varied experiences all around.
A productive fun place to work in
Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 May 2017
I interact with a lot of senior desigers, engineers, and project managers on a daily basis. It is a team environment.
I learn mostly in MCC electrical building design involving 3D modelling for my 4 years of work. Also did piperack design and grounding. The work was quite interesting to me. Work palce culture was great as it was diversified.
I really enjoyed working there especially with the people I see on a daily basis. They are friendly and willing to teach me and to grow.
Pros
I really like the paid stats holidays and company paid holidays
established company
Engineering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 May 2017
typical day starts early, with communications to various offices around the world, following up on team activities both completed and to be completed. Office time includes many meetings and problem solving, both technical and schedule related. Late day includes more communications with team personnel located in other offices around the world.
Pros
bonus
Cons
Good, supportive and friendly superiors and fellow workers.
Wiring Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 May 2017
Working with ABB is challenging. Building panels is not an easy job but with my skills and efficiency, the outcome of my job always resulted with the good quality and completed on time. Soft sound of music in the workplace also help us work relaxed but efficient. It was also fan having our stampede meals during the stampede season, Ice cream on summertime. Hardest part of the job is doing bunch of projects at the same time and under time pressure...but still can accomplish with good quality and on time.
Directeur qualité et superviseur d'usine
Directeur qualité et superviseur d'usine (Former Employee) –  Montreal6 May 2017
Beaucoup aimé le milieu de travail.

2 remplacements.
Flexible place to work with.
Business Developer-Sales (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 May 2017
Good company to work with high paying salaries for a large territorial sales coverage. Once hired no actual classroom technical training provided...you will end up doing product self study while starting doing sales calls with major customers. Training are provided at a later date.
Pros
Good team collaboration and integrative stype working environment.
Cons
Too much pressures from national sales manager. Micro-management style.
Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC29 April 2017
ABB gives a great work/life balance, with a very nice work environment and nice attitude from management.

As an engineer I find it to be a great place to work.
Pros
Great environment and learning opportunities.
Cons
Not much career mobility or salary improvement.
A little slow moving but a good place to work.
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 April 2017
ABB has a fairly relaxed culture. It was a good place to work that payed fairly well. However, it was fairly Bureacratic which sometimes resulted in things not getting done as efficiently as possible.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2017
Good place to work , result oriented culture. professional environment . competitive products.
pro: Above average pay
con: career advancement limitation
Very diverse and friendly enviroment
Marketing Support (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC20 March 2017
Acquired knowledge on medium voltage power products.
Learned how to deal with important customers. Developed interpersonal and communication skills. Very friendly environment. Felt like I was part of a family. They would have free lunch on days when they gave training on products. Management is always willing to hear ur comments and concerns. All in all, a very good company to work for!
Pros
Lunch and Learn
Cons
No Entry level jobs, seated for long period of time
Environnement agréable
Ingénierie (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC14 March 2017
Très bonne compagnie avec d'excellentes conditions. Par contre, c'est du management de très grosse entreprise qui est très impersonnelle.
Pros
Les gens, les défis.
Cons
Le management
Abb
ABC (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2017
ABB copmany is good company, but there is not a lot of space for growing by salary. The salary is limited by ABB rules. Culture is good. People are educated but I think something is missing for me.
High School
Director of Awesome (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 March 2017
Unless you're willing to take a trip back in time, jockey for popularity and hang with the cool kids, take warning. ABB is a big name in the industry, however the culture is made up of very segregated groups. Of which, one rules, another survives and the other is ousted. Be cautious and question whether your reputation and career can sustain ridicule and gossip. Unlike most companies, ABB management personnel do not lead. They follow and survive... Best of luck!
Pros
Cons
Long list
Wonderful company
Quality Assurance Installation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 February 2017
Working for such a large global company, you fear to be lost in the mix. But the balance and communication from all levels is excellent and positive.
There is a company philosophy focusing on Heath & Safety, Quality and Ethical behavior.
Quarterly employee training and refresher courses for employees to remind them of the ABB Policies and Code of Conduct.
Pros
Excellent culture in regards to Ethics, Quality and Heath & Safety
Cons
none.
Complete Fiasco
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 January 2017
Comlete Fiasco,No Future In this company, If you're not in, you're out. Good ole boys club. Management is completely inept,andneeds a complete overhaul.
Pros
Ownwer/Operator Truck
Cons
Terribly Managed
Customer oriented work culture and travelling required
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON24 January 2017
Day to day work revolves around delivering satisfying result to our customers. This includes visiting customer facilities to help install and verify the work. The one principle that cannot be omitted from any work is SAFETY, and it is the first conversation one has when conducting a meeting.
Great place, Great people
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 January 2017
It was a great place to work. Used to have lots of work.The people were always awesome! The H.R. was great for helping to get you more work. Management was great as well!
strong company, rewarding projecs
Project Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON3 January 2017
Excellent opportunities and management staff. ABB involved in futuristic highly technical endeavours and succeed with results and forward motion concepts and products..
Pros
interesting projects
Cons
PMO out of country
Excellent starting point
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Alberta18 December 2016
I believe this company is an excellent starting point for someone of my potential, however I feel restrained. Management could be described as adequate and it is felt on the backs of the workers. Job security was not very good here.
Pros
Large company with many locations
Cons
Not much room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABB. Our community is ready to answer.