ABB

ABB Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Ok
Relay protection and commissioning engineer MV (Former Employee), Czech RepublicNovember 3, 2014
Well organized, good opportunity, best work team. They have opportunity for graduate students.
Lots of Travel
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Burlington ONNovember 1, 2014
If your young and have no family and want to see the world , this is a good place to start.
Productive and fun to work
Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 4, 2014
good leadership and accountable, team player, good coordination
Productive and fun workplace with friendly people
Renewable Energy Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Burlington, ONNovember 20, 2013
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: nil
I gained a good understanding of the workings of hydro plants, solar plants, combined cycle plants and microgrids.

I developed skills such as ownership of problems and produce effective and timely solutions and enhanced my oral and written communications skills with the ability to write technical reports and make presentations with ease.

Learned how to deal effectively with clients, vendors and contractors and have had site experience pertaining to QA and commissioning.

Very friendly environment and people are very helpful indeed.

The hardest part of the job is driving from home to my workplace and the most enjoyable part is when I have a challenge and able to solve it as per management expectations.
Poor Management
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 14, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor job planing
Barrier between Management and the employees.not proper work planning.

please contact me for my personal opinion.
family oriented - professional
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), COJanuary 24, 2015
Enjoyed working there. Worked there for 3 years. ABB as a whole is a good company.
Not a bad company
Product Specialist - Low Voltage Products (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Company is so large that you never know what is getting done or what really is it your suppose to do.
Nice and laid back work environment
Software Performance Test Engineer (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXJanuary 9, 2015
, Load Testing, Tracking, Logging & Reporting, Program Logic Optimization, Software Architecture, Technologies Issue Identification Documentation.
Good Learning opportunity with wook pressure
Asst. Vice President (Head-Indirect Procurement (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: multi product organisation with big functions
Cons: poor compensation vis a vis the talent
Usually long working days
Corporate governance and management
Management is supportive to some extent
Associates were good
Poor leadership and no understanding of work
Learning
great place to work
Executive Trainee Engineer (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHDecember 26, 2014
joining day
about the production
great management
take most training
good
Associate Team Lead (Former Employee), bangaloreDecember 25, 2014
Preparation of Imports & indigenous purchase orders, taking with reference to terms and conditions, due date for payment, date of delivery etc.,
Preparing Cheques with advice for making payments to vendors etc., and cash entries and voucher verification.
Verifying the Bills with reference to Advances/Adhoc payments/Running bills made to the vendors.
Drafting and passing the capitalization entries.
Maintaining of Retention and Non-performance Bank Guarantee amount with reference to the date of payment/s.
Preparation of daily/weekly/monthly reports to management.
Preparing Bank Reconciliation statement and vendor reconciliation statement.
Verification of Performance bank guarantee.
Releasing the final reports of all locations across the India every month.
Formatting reports & coordinating with other branches Team Leaders for review meetings.
Preparation of performance appraisal sheets for the Team Leaders.
Tacking of expenses details and its entries in SAP
Electrical Engineer
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), MosulDecember 13, 2014
• Installation the panels of 11 kv switch gear (SWG).
• Pulling and Termination of control & power cables.
• Installation the Reactor 400 kv .
• Installation the Auto transformer 400/132/11 kV.
• Make the (132 kv & 400 kv) cable sealing ends.
• Test & commission of local control panels.
Sales Manager
Bid Manager (System projects) (Former Employee), indiaDecember 3, 2014
Good company to work with . World Leader in T&D business with lot of learning opportunities.
ABB
Assembly/ Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Pinetops, NCDecember 2, 2014
Great workplace to be and the people are very helpful. The supervisors care a lot about their employees and also are helpful.
Project Lead (Current Employee), BengaloreNovember 21, 2014
Pros: global movement
Cons: travel
Nice Company for learning , & earning global Experience.
Culture & management is too nice.
Renowned ICT integrator
Project Manager (Former Employee), Doha, DAWNovember 16, 2014
Pros: integration experience for greater ict-elv technologies
Cons: small implementation team
Middle-Eastern work ethics.
Technically competent resources which help each employee to carry a can do attitude and aptitude to be able to counter any technical integration challenge (ICT- AV-ELC systems)
Good Culture, Good Benefits
Global Trainee Information Systems (Current Employee), Wickliffe, OHNovember 12, 2014
Pros: lunch, place, organized
Awesome place to learn and Work. Good payroll and benefits. a lot of good professionals with different job titles are always trying to help you or start a friendship with you, this helps in your way to the top.

Good feedbacks from good managers help you to keep on track and improve your skills
Document Specialist
DOCUMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), New Berlin, WINovember 10, 2014
Get into work at 6am, release work orders for the production floor, work on the On Time Delivery Report, get my percentage to the floor for management to review, put packets together drawing and labels for the assemblers to put the product together for the customer, also submit ECN (Engineering Request Forms) to Engineer to make any changes to the job that the assemblers see there may be problem to the order (i.e. measurement of an enclosure). Hardest part of job I would have to say is Engineering not responding when they are needed for assistance for a job that an assembler needs helps with.
Management is great, friendly and outgoing. My most enjoyable of the job is I get to work with some great people, and we all work together as a team very well.
ABB is a multinational coperation and it is very good place to work as an engineer as I am not much intrested to work as an engineer I had left ABB
Robotic engineer (Former Employee), warsawNovember 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
I had know interest to work as an engineer as I want to learn the technical skills to succeed as Marketing manager and I had learned a lot of technical skills from ABB and I had applied all the skills in Plastics group where I was working as Marketing manager and I had succeeded in my carrier
Hence I want to start my extaordinary journey as a Marketing manager to succeed more in my life hence I have The enthusiasm to exploit the combination of engineering and managerial skills as a marketing manager to prosper the company which contributes me an opportunity
Very productive and always a busy day
Document Controller (Former Employee), Moorebank, NSWNovember 4, 2014
Pros: great team environment.
Cons: that i could not stay employed there.
I enjoyed working for ABB. It was a very fast paced place to work, my manager there was great to work with as were the other employees in my team.
The most enjoyable part of my job would be that it was very big on working as a team which I enjoyed. I would have liked to stay on there although my contract was complete and there wasn't a position there for me after my contract was finished.

I learned how to work with Lotus Notes which I hadn't used in any job previously and also PM Doc. PM doc is a software for uploading, editing and sharing documents/drawings with suppliers and customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About ABB

ABB is a global leader in power and automation technologies. Based in Zurich, Switzerland, the company employs 150,000 people – Read more