ABB Employee Reviews

Very diverse and friendly enviroment
Marketing Support (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC20 March 2017
Acquired knowledge on medium voltage power products.
Learned how to deal with important customers. Developed interpersonal and communication skills. Very friendly environment. Felt like I was part of a family. They would have free lunch on days when they gave training on products. Management is always willing to hear ur comments and concerns. All in all, a very good company to work for!
Pros
Lunch and Learn
Cons
No Entry level jobs, seated for long period of time
Abb
ABC (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2017
ABB copmany is good company, but there is not a lot of space for growing by salary. The salary is limited by ABB rules. Culture is good. People are educated but I think something is missing for me.
High School
Director of Awesome (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 March 2017
Unless you're willing to take a trip back in time, jockey for popularity and hang with the cool kids, take warning. ABB is a big name in the industry, however the culture is made up of very segregated groups. Of which, one rules, another survives and the other is ousted. Be cautious and question whether your reputation and career can sustain ridicule and gossip. Unlike most companies, ABB management personnel do not lead. They follow and survive... Best of luck!
Pros
Cons
Long list
Wonderful company
Quality Assurance Installation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 February 2017
Working for such a large global company, you fear to be lost in the mix. But the balance and communication from all levels is excellent and positive.
There is a company philosophy focusing on Heath & Safety, Quality and Ethical behavior.
Quarterly employee training and refresher courses for employees to remind them of the ABB Policies and Code of Conduct.
Pros
Excellent culture in regards to Ethics, Quality and Heath & Safety
Cons
none.
Complete Fiasco
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 January 2017
Comlete Fiasco,No Future In this company, If you're not in, you're out. Good ole boys club. Management is completely inept,andneeds a complete overhaul.
Pros
Ownwer/Operator Truck
Cons
Terribly Managed
Customer oriented work culture and travelling required
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON24 January 2017
Day to day work revolves around delivering satisfying result to our customers. This includes visiting customer facilities to help install and verify the work. The one principle that cannot be omitted from any work is SAFETY, and it is the first conversation one has when conducting a meeting.
Great place, Great people
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 January 2017
It was a great place to work. Used to have lots of work.The people were always awesome! The H.R. was great for helping to get you more work. Management was great as well!
strong company, rewarding projecs
Project Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON3 January 2017
Excellent opportunities and management staff. ABB involved in futuristic highly technical endeavours and succeed with results and forward motion concepts and products..
Pros
interesting projects
Cons
PMO out of country
Excellent starting point
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Alberta18 December 2016
I believe this company is an excellent starting point for someone of my potential, however I feel restrained. Management could be described as adequate and it is felt on the backs of the workers. Job security was not very good here.
Pros
Large company with many locations
Cons
Not much room for advancement
poor work environment
Apprentice and journeyman electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 December 2016
company does not treat workers with respect. don't value any of the employees. do not expect to go anywhere unless you are friends with upper management.
electrical industry leader
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON6 December 2016
Not a bad company, no loyalty and continuous changes in organization and management. Favour French speaking, expect long hours of work when you are in management. Overtime work is expected.
Pros
international exposure
Cons
travel required
Great Enviroment
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 November 2016
ABB has a great working environment and has a positive atmosphere. Managers are fair and professional. I would happily work at ABB in the future.
Pros
Great Benifits
Big company
Technical Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Peru31 October 2016
ABB is an important company around the world in electrical projects. It offered me a good challenge to improve my sales skills, good work environment and very professionals.
very diverse company
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2016
learned a lot of new things and was given some chances that no other company offered. management was helpful but a little disorganized
Great Company
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2016
Great company to work for, I learned a lot during my apprenticeship very experienced management. Lots of employment opportunities.
Abb inc.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 September 2016
Ensuring that the office is stocked and prepared for a productive day. Scheduling meetings, booking boardrooms and making any travel arrangements for management. Reconciling expense reports. Ordering lunches for meetings and lunch & learns. Coordinating all social club events

Within my role I have learned that when you do your job well and do it with a positive attitude your managers and coworkers appreciate your dedication.

The most difficult part of my job was honestly being in an industry that is suffering right now and watching so many fantastic people being let go.

The most enjoyable part of my job was coordinating all corporate events (Stampede breakfasts and rodeo, customer golf tournaments etc.) and ensuring that our customers were having a good time and were happy.
Pros
social club events
Fine
Project Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON11 July 2016
It was a good place to work. ABB gave me the opportunity to learn more than I could otherwise. My most enjoyable feeling was when a project was finally completed and I saw it operate properly.
Pros
Some Good
Cons
Some Bad
Productive and fun workplace
Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON10 July 2016
Its a great place to work. The management is very flexible who invest in Employee training and personal development. The co workers are very nice and cooperative.
Excellent professional working environment, . A lot of smart people who became my mentors, I learned a lot from them.
ELECTRICAL DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 July 2016
Excellent place to work in if you are a rookie designer, I like the fact that nobody in the office will belittle or humiliate you if you ask questions to technical stuff that you don't know about yet, even stupid questions because asking questions are actually encouraged, there is a saying in the office that "there are no stupid questions". This working environment really helped me learn, grow and acquire knowledge fast.

Everyone is a professional and anyone who violates the code of ethics are immediately weeded out.
Pros
free fruit basket every week. relatively flexible working hours.
Cons
long commute, at least for me.
Professional
Contract Electrical Drafter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 July 2016
Starts with a meeting in the morning and ends with the meeting. I believed those meeting are every helpful on every task. It makes the project become accurate and efficient. Workers are also helpful.
Pros
Benefits and Salary